Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2016 4:06:56 PM EDT
This guy live(d) within a mile of me.

Not 100% sure what he (supposedly) did...

News Article (click)

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What was he doing that was illegal?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not 100% clear based on the article.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buying guns and reselling them to otherwise prohibited people?

The cops only found out because a scumbag had one that he had bought off the guy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
white kid gets rocked selling 4 guns for what he paid for them.  did he knowingly sell them to prohibited persons?

meanwhile you have the girlfriends of various gang bangers walking scott free.

Capuzzi told Cimabue his actions were abhorrent and that he had no excuse.

“Anybody that has an eighth-grade education in this day and age knows that you don’t buy guns and transfer them,” he said. “Everybody knows that. It’s common knowledge.”

I see nothing in the article that indicates he broke any laws.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

They claim he was doing straw purchases.

The whole bit about selling the guns to pay his bills: the judge's argument isn't good frankly.

People sell guns and all sorts of stuff to pay their bills. Often they take a loss on stuff.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
its your duty to bust him out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hanosek and Trooper Mark Gibble interviewed Cimabue at his home in January 2016 and the defendant admitted to buying a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson firearm for $300 from Targetmaster in Chadds Ford on March 31, 2014, which he said he later sold for the same amount to a Glen Mills man.

The affidavit notes firearms purchasers must sign a form at the time of sale indicating they will be the sole owner of the firearm.

Cimabue also admitted to buying four other weapons, including an AK-47 rifle from Targetmaster Mar. 24, 2014, for $600, which he later sold for $600 to a person in Glen Mills.

He bought another AK 47 from Targetmaster April 1, 2014, which he also sold to a Philadelphia man, as well as two .40 caliber Smith and Wesson pistols on April 30, 2014. Cimabue purchased a fifth .40 caliber Smith and Wesson from Double Action on June 25, 2014, according to the affidavit. The affidavit indicates at least four of the sales took place at Cimabue’s home.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
"Entered a plea"

He might not have broken any actual law, but with that many fast turn-arounds, it was looking like they could sway a jury to more than he was sentenced for.  He chose to plead guilty.  His own fault if he was sure he didn't break an actual law.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The whole bit about selling the guns to pay his bills: the judge's argument isn't good frankly.

People sell guns and all sorts of stuff to pay their bills. Often they take a loss on stuff.
View Quote

"Dawson added Cimabue told investigators he was living paycheck to paycheck but dumped $2,500 on guns within a period of a few weeks."

That seems fishy as hell.  I don't know anyone that spends $2,500 on guns and within the same month has to sell them to pay bills.

I'm betting he was selling for a profit, but his attorney told him nobody can prove it.  

At the very least, isn't buying multiple similar guns and repeatedly selling them within a month indicative of a straw man purchase?

I understand the argument that I bought one, tried it out, didn't like it, so I sold it, but that doesn't seem to fit here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he sold them to a fed?  a local LEO?  maybe it was a sting?

I've only sold once and it was locally.  Both of us shown  a permit and signed a bill of sale.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The way I read it, the judge said that didn't make any sense. Sounds like the prosecution was the one claiming that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
They're saying he violated some stupid "Brad fox law" so it probably something like you can't buy and sell x amt of guns in x amt of months.

ETA- nope, that law just imposes mandatory minimums on straw purchasers, from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
PA has a background check requirement for ALL pistol sales.

http://smartgunlaws.org/private-sales-in-pennsylvania/
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct.  You have to transfer pistols at an FFL here in PA.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
white kid gets rocked selling 4 guns for what he paid for them.  did he knowingly sell them to prohibited persons?

meanwhile you have the girlfriends of various gang bangers walking scott free.

Capuzzi told Cimabue his actions were abhorrent and that he had no excuse.

“Anybody that has an eighth-grade education in this day and age knows that you don’t buy guns and transfer them,” he said. “Everybody knows that. It’s common knowledge.”

I see nothing in the article that indicates he broke any laws.
View Quote

The article is mis leading.  They focus on talking about the rifle sales which are perfectly legal.  FTF handgun sales here are illegal, that's what they got him on.  They must go through a dealer, or if you have gun friendly police, they can do the background check for you.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Came here to say this, I'm guessing it was the FTF pistol sales that he is going down for.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#17]
The rifles come into play too, if they were transferred very shortly after the guy bought them. Whether we agree with it or not, the guy was showing the classic signs of straw purchasing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
People keep calling this guy a "kid".

That doesnt work work certain other people, it shouldn't work for this guy either.

ARFCOM double standard I guess.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
People keep calling this guy a "kid".

That doesnt work work certain other people, it should work for this guy either.

ARFCOM double standard I guess.
View Quote
Agreed. OP should feel bad and change his title. Twenty-six is not a kid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This guy live(d) within a mile of me.

Not 100% sure what he (supposedly) did...

News Article (click)

http://image.delcotimes.com/storyimage/DC/20161201/NEWS/161209976/AR/0/AR-161209976.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
View Quote

Kid?
He's 26
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#21]
What I want to know is when Holder and Obama are going to serve their five years
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Hard to pay the bills when you're supposedly buying and selling at the same price.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Another victim of BRD OCD bought guns he couldn't afford had to sell to pay bills...
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#25]
They make you sign an affadavit that you have to keep a gun if you buy it in PA?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They make you sign an affadavit that you have to keep a gun if you buy it in PA?
View Quote

No. Maybe it's some kind of store policy from wherever he bought the guns? Not sure what that's about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No. Maybe it's some kind of store policy from wherever he bought the guns? Not sure what that's about.
View Quote

I read it as just being the part on the 4473 that asks if you are the actual buyer.  Article isnt very well written.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#28]
If this GUY was black, 99% of the members in here defending him would be asking for the maximum punishment...  It's disgusting really.

From the article its pretty clear he was buying guns for people who couldn't buy them for themselves.  Whether or not that's the case, I'm sure no one in this thread will ever really know.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If this GUY was black, 99% of the members in here defending him would be asking for the maximum punishment...  It's disgusting really.

From the article its pretty clear he was buying guns for people who couldn't buy them for themselves.  Whether or not that's the case, I'm sure no one in this thread will ever really know.
View Quote

So what is it?  Is it really clear, or will nobody ever know?  You can't have it both ways, don't attack the posters in the thread you intend to attack and then hide behind a thinly veiled statement of deniability.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe he sold them to a fed?  a local LEO?  maybe it was a sting?

I've only sold once and it was locally.  Both of us shown  a permit and signed a bill of sale.
View Quote

Long arms can be sold FTF legally.

Handguns have to go through an FFL or the State Police.

My guess is he screwed up selling handguns.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hanosek and Trooper Mark Gibble interviewed Cimabue at his home in January 2016 and the defendant admitted to buying a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson firearm for $300 from Targetmaster in Chadds Ford on March 31, 2014, which he said he later sold for the same amount to a Glen Mills man.

The affidavit notes firearms purchasers must sign a form at the time of sale indicating they will be the sole owner of the firearm.

Cimabue also admitted to buying four other weapons, including an AK-47 rifle from Targetmaster Mar. 24, 2014, for $600, which he later sold for $600 to a person in Glen Mills.

He bought another AK 47 from Targetmaster April 1, 2014, which he also sold to a Philadelphia man, as well as two .40 caliber Smith and Wesson pistols on April 30, 2014. Cimabue purchased a fifth .40 caliber Smith and Wesson from Double Action on June 25, 2014, according to the affidavit. The affidavit indicates at least four of the sales took place at Cimabue’s home.
Straw purchase
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So what is it?  Is it really clear, or will nobody ever know?  You can't have it both ways, don't attack the posters in the thread you intend to attack and then hide behind a thinly veiled statement of deniability.
View Quote

I hide nowhere.  The guy more than likely did make straw purchases.  But since he doesn't fit ARFCOM's image of a criminal, their baby dindu nuffin.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I hide nowhere.  The guy more than likely did make straw purchases.  But since he doesn't fit ARFCOM's image of a criminal, their baby dindu nuffin.
View Quote

The truth hurts.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to think selling guns to non-prohibited persons should even be a crime?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You seem to think selling guns to non-prohibited persons should even be a crime?
View Quote

This is why we should have won the Abramski SCOTUS case in 2014. However, Kennedy went liberal and screwed us on that one, 5-4 in the antigunner's favor. (For those who may not remember, it was a former LEO who sold a blue label glock to his uncle (non-prohibited buyer) and got canned for it)

Who knows though, we've got people here speculating that Trump will do away with the NFA, GCA and whatnot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what is it?  More than likely?  Or are you positive?  I think I can get you to come down to a hard line statement and might be able to pry you off the fence.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nowhere did I say that.  But since I attacked your feels, feel free to come at me.  The guy committed a crime, and he's being punished for said crime.  Whether I agree with said crime or not is a moot point.  My statement was only to highlight the hypocrisy of most of the posters in this thread.  Continue to get your jimmies rustled.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So what is it?  More than likely?  Or are you positive?  I think I can get you to come down to a hard line statement and might be able to pry you off the fence.  
View Quote

What the hell are you actually talking about?  So every time a topic comes up everyone needs to take one side or the other?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My guess is he sold handguns without doing a transfer.  Who knows if it was intentional, or if hes just an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What I want to know is when Holder and Obama are going to serve their five years
View Quote

This

I could a fuck less about this guy.

ObaMao and WithHolder need to be held accountable, or the law doesn't mean shit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Play stupid games win bad prizes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Step 1. Make up some vicious shit about fellow arfcommers.

Step 2. Bitch about the made up shit.

Unintended consequences; reveal yourself as the leftist teener that you are.

Fuck off.     

Appendix; will probably bitch about people randomly hating on teeners in some other thread today completely clueless about the connection.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#44]

It's completely obvious that the guy was doing straw purchases for profit.

You don't want to say so because you don't like the law.

That's a childish opinion to have.  That's the sort of thing you see on the DU site, where all news stories are "re-imagined" to make them fit a particular political viewpoint.

On the DU site, when some black thug gets blown down by the police, the thug get re-imagined into a gentle giant or an honor student because liberals always have to take the side of the barbarian.

You guys do the same thing, you take the side of some hillbilly gun runner or greasy straw purchaser and give him a make-over into Paul Revere.  

No matter what kind of country we have, there are always going to be criminals.

Since guns are used as crime tools, the general public is always going to want some kind of control on gun sales.

The more crime there is, they more they are going to clamor for more restrictive laws.

When you purposely violate these gun laws, a stony-faced jury is going to send you to jail.

That jury would be sympathetic to you if you used a legally owned gun to stop a crime, but they are not sympathetic to people engaged in purposely breaking gun laws.

That's the reality that we live in and it's never ever going to change.

The public does not like criminals, even the criminals that you feel obligated to support like a DU moron because of your personal politics.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck off.     

Appendix; will probably bitch about people randomly hating on teeners in some other thread today completely clueless about the connection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off.     

That's how I read it too. And the made up shit was the 'racist card'? Talk about going full retard in 0-hhhnnggg...

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's completely obvious that the guy was doing straw purchases for profit.

You don't want to say so because you don't like the law.

That's a childish opinion to have.  That's the sort of thing you see on the DU site, where all news stories are "re-imagined" to make them fit a particular political viewpoint.

On the DU site, when some black thug gets blown down by the police, the thug get re-imagined into a gentle giant or an honor student because liberals always have to take the side of the barbarian.

You guys do the same thing, you take the side of some hillbilly gun runner or greasy straw purchaser and give him a make-over into Paul Revere.  

No matter what kind of country we have, there are always going to be criminals.

Since guns are used as crime tools, the general public is always going to want some kind of control on gun sales.

The more crime there is, they more they are going to clamor for more restrictive laws.

When you purposely violate these gun laws, a stony-faced jury is going to send you to jail.

That jury would be sympathetic to you if you used a legally owned gun to stop a crime, but they are not sympathetic to people engaged in purposely breaking gun laws.

That's the reality that we live in and it's never ever going to change.

The public does not like criminals, even the criminals that you feel obligated to support like a DU moron because of your personal politics.
View Quote

What's a straw purchase?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What's a straw purchase?
View Quote

Here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase

Go quibble with wikipedia
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Shittiest article I've ever seen.  Lists dates every gun was bought.  Lists no dates the guns were sold.  No mention of who they were sold to.  

Dawson added Cimabue told investigators he was living paycheck to paycheck but dumped $2,500 on guns within a period of a few weeks. He said the defendant easily could have been facing multiple mandatory sentences.
View Quote

Makes perfect sense.  Broke dude gets tax return.  Blows it.  Then is broke again and needs money.  

Fuck PA.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here you go:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a straw purchase?

Here you go:

And yet he got busted for the violation of a state law prohibiting FTF handgun sales entirely. So, again, why did you bring up straw purchases if they didn't apply? Unless you really thought I was just asking you for the definition of straw purchases.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Hitler.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top