Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate to point out the obvious but National CCW is pretty much defacto self registration. It both can and will be used against you at some point when the power shifts again in this country.  
View Quote

This idiocy keeps getting repeated over and over by people too lazy to understand the issue at hand. The "universal reciprocity" only means that States are forced to recognize other States' permits. There is no "federal CCP" being enstated. Therefore, there is no "registration on federal level", no "restrictioms by Blue States", no "denial of permits by Dems after they regain power". None of that can happen, because the permits themselves stay on the State level.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
We need to run roughshod over them and get as much of our agenda through as possible without taking their "wants" into account.

It's time for them to learn to "compromise " under their very own definition of the word which we have previously been forced to live under.

Compromise~" to give up on matters of substance without getting anything in return until the matter is revisited in the future and you are asked to surrender incrementally more."

That's how they played it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
No matter what happens on all these issues I`ll never go to an anti-gun state again anyway. When we retired one of the first trips we took was to the Northeast to see the fall colors. I felt naked and afraid for five weeks. Not fun walking around unarmed.

On another note ,,,,I hope Trump puts as many Dem senators in appointed CONTROLLABLE  positions where he knows they`ll be replaced by republican senators asap.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We've been cockblocked in Florida on several bills by Republicans.  Just sayin'
View Quote

Yep and it's happing again right now! Republican Rinos just appointed a anti gun democrat to a key chair to block all pro gun legislation for 2017. WTF!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No matter what happens on all these issues I`ll never go to an anti-gun state again anyway. When we retired one of the first trips we took was to the Northeast to see the fall colors. I felt naked and afraid for five weeks. Not fun walking around unarmed.

On another note ,,,,I hope Trump puts as many Dem senators in appointed CONTROLLABLE  positions where he knows they`ll be replaced by republican senators asap.
View Quote

For me, it having to travel thru blue states to get to the free state the family lives in.

My wife does like Chicago, though.  I'd be more inclined to visit if I could bring the g17 with me.

Of course, ccw wouldn't stop all the crime.  The govt robs you with the tolls the second you hit IL.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We need to run roughshod over them and get as much of our agenda through as possible without taking their "wants" into account.

It's time for them to learn to "compromise " under their very own definition of the word which we have previously been forced to live under.

Compromise~" to give up on matters of substance without getting anything in return until the matter is revisited in the future and you are asked to surrender incrementally more."

That's how they played it.
View Quote

Yup............fuck 'em!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#8]
State's rights.

Don't like it?  Move to a free state.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why would a state like Florida or Utah bother to issue non-resident permits after a reciprocity bill passes?

View Quote

Because money.

I read the current bill tht will be used this coming congressional term. It says nothing that limits a NJ resident from using a FL Non Residential Permit.

FL charges $117 a pop. If all of a sudden they were good in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc.... the money would flow in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They seem to forget they screwed themselves by getting rid of that super majority , now a simple majority and the house vote means it becomes law.
I hope they carve out something for my home state of jersey and other states that really do not allow an CCW. 

ETA:
If they do not protect the liberal states with a federal override then I as a Pa resident could carry in jersey but a NJ resident would not be allowed to carry in their own state?
That cannot stand 
View Quote

The funny thing is it actually would be a constitutional issue...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was in law enforcement.  When a cop runs your driver's license in NCIC (national database) it will pop up with a warning if the individual queried has a CCW.  Most cops know a licensed CCW holder, who paid extra money and went through all the hoops and hurdles to get one is no threat.  

The threat is from the gun you don't know about in the hands of the guy who doesn't "follow the rules" and has nefarious intentions.

Point being, if you have a state issued CCW, you are already in a "national database" and have been for years.  

The fact that people don't really understand how these things work is discouraging.
View Quote

Not in FL, CCWs aren't tied to NCIC. 
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We've been cockblocked in Florida on several bills by Republicans.  Just sayin'
View Quote

I ain't giving up. Going to the Capitol again come march and will lobby hard for ooen carry and campus carry. The establishment within the GOP waves gun rights in front of us like a carrot on a stick to ensure votes.  

It has traditionally been outsiders on the fringe of the GOP that are pro gun. Look at Trump. Has their ever been a candidate that openly supported the 2nd Amendment as he did?

Incoming Sen. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota, while in the House, was a leading sponsor of legislation to allow school personnel to have guns on campus to protect against mass shootings, and incoming Sen. Dennis Baxley, R-Ocala, was a leading advocate in the House for allowing open carry of firearms in Florida. Negron said he expects those issue will be debated in the Senate. 

We need to ride the wave. Yes, session is still a bit ways off and the composition and membership will be different. But now is the time. Call, email, write physical letters, and visit in person until session starts.Push it and push it hard. I have a feeling that the FL Supreme Court will rule against us in Norman v State.  

Contact the Governor's Office, contact Attorney General's Office, contact the Secretary of Agricultural's Office, etc..... Hit the legislature, the cabinet, and the executive branch.  

Put the motherfuckers' feets to the fire and keep them there. Do it now and don't let up from now until they pass it. 
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For me, it having to travel thru blue states to get to the free state the family lives in.

My wife does like Chicago, though.  I'd be more inclined to visit if I could bring the g17 with me.

Of course, ccw wouldn't stop all the crime.  The govt robs you with the tolls the second you hit IL.
View Quote

Better take 10rd mags. The current bill does nothing about mag bans.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
State's rights.

Don't like it?  Move to a free state.
View Quote

States rights is onky good when it promotes freedom. Not slavery. The role of the Federal government is to ensure that the Bill of Rights is equally enforced. If NY or NJ or PR curb stomps the 2nd Amendment, then it is the role of the Fed to curb stomp those political subdivisions.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They seem to forget they screwed themselves by getting rid of that super majority , now a simple majority and the house vote means it becomes law.
I hope they carve out something for my home state of jersey and other states that really do not allow an CCW. 

ETA:
If they do not protect the liberal states with a federal override then I as a Pa resident could carry in jersey but a NJ resident would not be allowed to carry in their own state?
That cannot stand 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Democrats trying to prevent self defense here.

Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat and ardent gun-control advocate, said he believes any version of a national reciprocity bill
would be “dead on arrival” in the Senate, due to strong Democratic
opposition.

Time to start the campaign for it.

ETA:
That cannot stand 

Georgia's Oconee County Sheriff's Office posted a while back that their County has issued more concealed carry permits than the entire state of NJ. I believe Sheriff Berry has an account here. I know the Chief Deputy does.

I'd be a heck of a lot more interested in driving to CT and MA to visit my relatives. Hope we can get this one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#16]
New Jersey has issued more CCWs than Hawaii.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But NJ has a permit system in place. The state and its political subdivisions have refused to issue permits despite having authority to do so. The state DOJ has created bad Supreme Court precedence by defending arbitrary denial. But, NONE of this prevents the state or its political subdivisions from approving permits or from arguing in court (the ultimate issuing authority) in favor of issuance.

So, the law, in and of itself, does not create the inequity you describe. Abitrary denial under a purely discretionary system creates the problem. That can be fixed by not denying arbitrarily.
View Quote

Murphy will crush the permit system as a whole before allowing that to happen.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was in law enforcement.  When a cop runs your driver's license in NCIC (national database) it will pop up with a warning if the individual queried has a CCW.  Most cops know a licensed CCW holder, who paid extra money and went through all the hoops and hurdles to get one is no threat.  

The threat is from the gun you don't know about in the hands of the guy who doesn't "follow the rules" and has nefarious intentions.

Point being, if you have a state issued CCW, you are already in a "national database" and have been for years.  

The fact that people don't really understand how these things work is discouraging.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They definitely need to taste their own medicine as we ram every reasonable bill down their throats we can get through Congress as quickly as possible.  I hate to say it, though, but I'm fearful that if we legislate national carry, when the inevitable shift of control of power comes, it might be used to curtail, rather than bolster, our freedoms.  Where we need to fight for national right to carry is through the courts and proper interpretation of the 2A to mean an universal, individual right to self defense which means having access to a firearm whenever and wherever you happen to be.  No safe zones, school zones, bars, whatever.  If an idiot does something stupid with a gun, then hammer the dogshit out of them, but don't punish the rest of us proactively because some idiot might do something stupid at some undetermined point in the future.

I hate to point out the obvious but National CCW is pretty much defacto self registration. It both can and will be used against you at some point when the power shifts again in this country.  

Based on what? Your drivers license is recognized, your CCW would be similarly recognized. If your state issued you. CCW, you're already in a database.

All depends on how the state issues licenses, Georgia's are issued through the probate court in each county and it's illegal to enter them into a centralized database (counties can maintain a local database to track renewals).  It's also illegal to confirm or deny the validity of a license without a court order :-)
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All depends on how the state issues licenses, Georgia's are issued through the probate court in each county and it's illegal to enter them into a centralized database (counties can maintain a local database to track renewals).  It's also illegal to confirm or deny the validity of a license without a court order :-)
View Quote

In FL they're issued by the Division of licensing from the Agriculture Department. Not tied into any LEO database.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA:
That cannot stand 
View Quote

It doesn't work that way.

You still need 60 votes to overcome a filibuster.  The simple majority was for confirmation of appointments by the President.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Except there already is Universal Reciprocity for Cops, we would just be expanding it.  

Why should I be denied my constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms because I simply step over a line?????  Why should the millions of conservatives in New York and California be chained?

The 14th amendment incorporates the entire bill of rights.

This is a battle worth fighting, get universal reciprocity, an even more conservative SCOTUS and add them together we could see that court deciding that the second amendment has a strict scrutiny standard and that all legal citizens have the right to carry.

Even if we don't win, we have to fight these fights, while the Dems are fighting us on our ever expanding demands they aren't on the offensive.
View Quote

Thanks, you saved me from having to tell the ignorant guy you quoted to fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Derp... wrong thread
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top