Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2016 8:30:21 AM EDT
I would like to get a copy of the hillary victory newsweek to display next to a reprint of the "Dewey Defeats Truman" newspaper, anyone know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would like to get a copy of the hillary victory newsweek to display next to a reprint of the "Dewey Defeats Truman" newspaper, anyone know where I can find one?
View Quote

I have a copy. Stepdad owns a periodical distribution company and grabbed me one before they shredded the rest.

I would think eBay or maybe Craigslist  is the best place to find one. Might be worth reaching out to the local news agency in your area, too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
ebay
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There were 2 copies in the mag rack at the local grocery store on Wednesday 11/10. A woman came by to see what I was laughing at and bought 1 copy. I couldn't bring myself to spend $10.99 on a mag all about that hag, so I took a pic and left the other copy there. A friend told me they were going for $200+ on ebay. I should have looked at it as on opportunity to make some money on the bitch.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Got one. $53

Wouldn't have been that much but some asshole chicken shit Ebay "sniper" ran it up at the last second to try and steal it.

I'm actually having a harder time finding the Dewey Defeats Truman newspaper reprint.  I see a few originals for craploads of money, but not a single damned reprint to be found, my search results are cloged with 357,356,348,964,367,368 links to stupid shits selling prints of the picture of Truman holding it up (why wouldn't you just print the fucking picture yourself on photo paper?), and a scam artist trying to sell an original for over $3,000 on a few hundred different sites.  (My research says the going rate for originals is actually only about $400, if you can find one).
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

I got it.

The whole thing is a hillary fluff peice.  On the first page there is a picture from the third debate and the caption starts "after her resounding victory in the third presidential debate...", just to give you an idea.  Resounding victory huh?

Now I just need to put it up until I can get the Dewey Defeats Truman newspaper copy to frame it with.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The whole thing is a hillary fluff peice.  On the first page there is a picture from the third debate and the caption starts "after her resounding victory in the third presidential debate...", just to give you an idea.  Resounding victory huh?

View Quote

Tucker Carlson interviews Newsweek's editor.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Print your own...

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my wife print me a color copy of a jpg I found online. It's not the same but good enough for my garage. I have it next to an ad from a newspaper box of the KC Red Star that has Bin Laden's pic saying "Got Him."
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#10]

I don't have a large format printer, that would not look right on 8x11, also the fold, and tears etc.  Cool to see a readable copy though.

I really need a reprint, I know they do them for other papers and I see a ton of copies for World War 2 papers, but somehow I can't find this one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't have a large format printer, that would not look right on 8x11, also the fold, and tears etc.  Cool to see a readable copy though.

I really need a reprint, I know they do them for other papers and I see a ton of copies for World War 2 papers, but somehow I can't find this one.
View Quote

Reprints

Reprints2
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I have scene link 1 before, as I recall their prices start at $150+, outrageous for a reprint.  Probably because (per their FAQ) the minimum order is 250 copies.

Link 2 would work except they do not print on to newspaper, rather on to poster paper, I can see why they would do that but it will not look right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#13]
It is now stored inside an archival sleeve (those plastic bags comic book collectors put comic books in) waiting for its eventual framing.  I just need that damned newspaper.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I suspect that Time magazine still has a whole warehouse full of them.

They are just waiting for the recounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top