Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Side by side they Swarovski is crisper in the overcast rainy conditions, but the Vipers are not that far off given the price difference.  

Those with more experience than , please lend me your advice/experience.   Should I try a set of the Razors side by side with the aforementioned two before deciding?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I learned this lesson many years ago. I bought some swaro 10x42slc  something like almost 20 years ago.  I recently told my wife what the cost per year has been over those 20 years. Something like 50 bucks a year.   When I got these they were easily in the top 3 at the time and not a single person who looked through them was disappointed.   A whole new world of hunting opened up to me and saved me many miles of hiking by having good glass.

Many times great and good glass look similar at mid day but compare them on overcast days or that last 30 minutes while glassing under a shaded Juniper and that's when the costs stand out.  I remember one time up in northern Cali  up in the Warner mountains spotting deer in shadows that my buddy just could not pick out with his bino's. The following year he had a pair of swaro's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those with more experience than , please lend me your advice/experience.   Should I try a set of the Razors side by side with the aforementioned two before deciding?
View Quote

Absolutely.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Did anybody mention Nikon monarch 7?

I was on the hunt for a higher end optic. Looked at Swaro (pure sex), Meopta (great glass but heavy), Vortex (wasn't terribly impressed) & Zeiss (Second only to the Swaro). The Nikon was so damned close to the Swaro. I really can't believe the value in glass and light weight in the monarch 7. I could have afforded any of them and I am totally happy with my purchase 2 years later. I think I paid $5-600 and I bought them the day I looked through them. Cabelas price matched optics planet price. Have they improved the monarch 7 line yet?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got off the phone with Brian at Vortex.   The knowledge and honesty had made up my mind .  He said the swarovskis are pretty much the high bar in terms of optical quality.  That kind of honesty from a representative of a company that has hands on experience with so many optics is quite frankly unique.  I'm going to order a set of Razors and send the swarovskis back.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the Razors delivered this afternoon and all I can say is wow!  Just tested them side by side with the Vipers and they are much clearer, brighter, and more forgiving in terms of edge to edge sight picture even though I didn't have time to dial them in. I suppose they should be at double the cost, but I still could not see enough difference in low light conditions to justify spending the extra $1,300.00 on the Swarovski EL that I sent back.  Maybe true aficionados could, but I couldn't.   The Vipers were a great value/bang for the buck, nothing wrong with them, but once you look thru higher end glass there is no turning back... like my wallet was afraid of.   If it matters to someone who is looking to purchase a pair I have a little better than 20/20 vision.   Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the Razors delivered this afternoon and all I can say is wow!  Just tested them side by side with the Vipers and they are much clearer, brighter, and more forgiving in terms of edge to edge sight picture even though I didn't have time to dial them in. I suppose they should be at double the cost, but I still could not see enough difference in low light conditions to justify spending the extra $1,300.00 on the Swarovski EL that I sent back.  Maybe true aficionados could, but I couldn't.   The Vipers were a great value/bang for the buck, nothing wrong with them, but once you look thru higher end glass there is no turning back... like my wallet was afraid of.   If it matters to someone who is looking to purchase a pair I have a little better than 20/20 vision.   Buy with confidence.
View Quote

After going through the same process, I was pretty certain you'd go with the Razors.  They're a great pair of nockers and Vortex is outstanding to deal with.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top