Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/15/2016 11:21:19 PM EDT
Shooter (the show) is on usa (for those rogues who still have tv)

Can't tell if I like it or not yet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
At least it's not anti gun Marky Mark.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It's off to a good start.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah but it is a little off after not reading the book and only whatching the movie many times.

Memphis is a woman, Donny is of African decent...
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's off to a good start.
View Quote

Some of the shit is cheesy as hell but it has gunplay
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
They lost me at the beginning when he said 223 was only good for killing squirrels.

Turned it right after that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Shot a pumpkin at 1580 yards.
Pumpkin was what looked to be 1 mil high, making it, what, a 60" tall pumpkin?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
.223 55 gr can barely kill squirrels.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe "The Voice" is more your speed?

I am not totally sold on it yet but if it has firearms and is conservative leaning I will watch it so maybe more (maybe better) shows of the type will be made.

Main reason I watch "Last Man Standing" with Tim Allen is the conservative viewpoints expressed.

And hot daughters but if it helps get more of these tyoes of shows on I'll suffer through them (not too much though)
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They lost me at the beginning when he said 223 was only good for killing squirrels.

View Quote

That's the part I almost lost hope
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's the producer
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Missed the first half.  Tuned in right when he was on the roof talking to them and before he got the gun.  Not bad so far

But isn't this just a drawn-out version of the movie?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Making a TV version of a crappy movie that's a not-that-great book is always a good plan.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Meh, not bad I guess.  They changed a few things to keep it interesting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll most likely watch it again, we'll see if it holds my attention enough to remember it each week
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#16]
APO 338 build...  Yummy
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll most likely watch it again, we'll see if it holds my attention enough to remember it each week
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll probably DVR it.  Doubt I'll make a point of tuning in when its actually on.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
APO 338 build...  Yummy
View Quote

I'll openly confess that I had no idea what that was until this episode.  Had to look it up.  Looks like they make some badass stuff
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was the first strike for me. The second was the wife's comment about him never missing after he tells her he didn't hit anything while hunting. Something about the way she said it just gave me a premonition of bad acting, so I turned it off and took it off my DVR's record list.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Ryan Phillipe said in an interview that he made "an incredible shot during training"

http://www.thewrap.com/shooter-star-ryan-phillippe-reveals-longest-shot-he-made-during-training/

The article goes on to reveal that it was a 12-inch plate @ 900-yards.

For those doing the math, that's 1.27 MOA.....so, meh.   Not horrible, but not so incredible either....it's not like he did the load work-ups, zero'd the rifle, and came up with the dope.   I'm sure one of the trainers just handed him a rifle that was already dialed in and all he had do to was press the trigger
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ryan Phillipe said in an interview that he made "an incredible shot during training"

http://www.thewrap.com/shooter-star-ryan-phillippe-reveals-longest-shot-he-made-during-training/

For those doing the math, that's 1.27 MOA.....so, meh.   Not horrible, but not so incredible either....it's not like he did the load work-ups, zero'd the rifle, and came up with the dope.   I'm sure one of the trainers just handed him a rifle that was already dialed in and all he had do to was press the trigger
View Quote

Ehh, I don't get to shoot anywhere those kinds of distances. Shoot often but nothing like that distance wise. I'd be thrilled to ring steel that far away.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus dude he's a actor not a real life long range slayer.  Even if he was just the monkey on the gun he still had to apply some fundamentals to pull a hit at that distance. Maybe it was in a 30mph full value wind off hand at a moving target after he just ran a mile. Bet ya didnt think of that. Don't be trying to one up shooter.....
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Jesus dude he's a actor not a real life long range slayer.  Even if he was just the monkey on the gun he still had to apply some fundamentals to pull a hit at that distance. Maybe it was in a 30mph full value wind off hand at a moving target after he just ran a mile. Bet ya didnt think of that. Don't be trying to one up shooter.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, maybe your right.   Then again maybe he and his publicist are trying to make him come off sounding like something he's not to a bunch of Hollywood liberals who don't know a butt stock from a butt hole.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Ehhh, it was ok but pretty cheesy on numerous occasions.  I will give it a chance to see if it gets better.  I actually liked the movie even though Wahlberg is a tard.  Never read the book though so not sure if this is following that a little closer.  Doesn't really follow the movie a whole lot other then the general theme.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]
So, a .223 bolt gun with 55 gr. loads is not enough for a wolf-sized animal (which is total BS), but it's cool that he was out there hunting with a .223 cal AR-15, which is even less acceptable to the fudd types.

I also liked how they portrayed the hunters as ignorant beer drinking weekend warrior types.

I don't think I have seen a movie or TV show in 40 years that has not portrayed hunters as drunks and/or all-around bad people.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Not like the book.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You missed the credits.. who do you think produced it?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Making a TV version of a crappy movie that's a not-that-great book is always a good plan.
View Quote

Listen to this guy, he's almost always right.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#29]
First episode was OK.  I'm looking forward to more.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I also liked how they portrayed the hunters as ignorant beer drinking weekend warrior types.
View Quote

In fairness, one of those scruffy-nerf herder hunter's said he was an orthodontist. And orthodontists are a bunch of vermin..OH yeah!! (J/K).
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

They weren't that far off, poodle shooter.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Impressed that the star of it actually trained with live weapons and received some training in sniper technique. Might have to watch it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That was the first strike for me. The second was the wife's comment about him never missing after he tells her he didn't hit anything while hunting. Something about the way she said it just gave me a premonition of bad acting, so I turned it off and took it off my DVR's record list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She made another comment about adjusting dope and firing again that almost made me turn it off.

I have to watch more than one episode to make a decision though.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Why was it reviewed in July? Makes no difference, it was bad then (by Hollywood criteria):
Shooter Review in July

Originally set to debut July 19, Shooter was postponed a week by USA Network after the tragic and fatal July 7 shooting in Dallas. That was the right thing to do, but from what I’ve seen the NBCUniversal-owned cabler might want to consider just not putting this terrible show on the air at all.

More at citation. But if anyone thinks it will get better... well, it seems like it won't.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, maybe your right.   Then again maybe he and his publicist are trying to make him come off sounding like something he's not to a bunch of Hollywood liberals who don't know a butt stock from a butt hole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe your really really over thinking this shit.  I'm sure to the layman and common shooter hitting a plate at 900 yards would give a sense of pride.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Maybe your really really over thinking this shit.  I'm sure to the layman and common shooter hitting a plate at 900 yards would give a sense of pride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man I've never shot anything over 300 yds. I'd feel like a total badass if I managed to hit anything at 900!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I taped it.  We'll see.

Lethal Weapon, on the other hand, is great.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Not relocating is for casuals. Will not watch.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Man I've never shot anything over 300 yds. I'd feel like a total badass if I managed to hit anything at 900!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always cool taking out people and getting them hits past 1k. Everyone is stoked by it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I was getting aggravated watching the guy work on his scope. He was just turning every knob around acting like he was doing something important. "Oh and when I'm done adjusting the scope I'll mess with the rings a little."
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In their defense, the character Bob Lee Swagger in the Stephen Hunter books doesn't like .223 and prefers .308 and .45.  (He also liked the 6.8 in I think the Nascar book that went on and on about how awesome the Dodge Charger was).  
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#44]
I watched it last night and could not believe how bad it was.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was getting aggravated watching the guy work on his scope. He was just turning every knob around acting like he was doing something important. "Oh and when I'm done adjusting the scope I'll mess with the rings a little."
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I like the theme song at the beginning ... it's bad ass!

Shootered!
Marked with a coward's shame.
What do you do when you're shootered?
Well, you fight for your name.

He was innocent
Not a charge was true
But the world would never know.

Shootered!
Scorned as the one who ran.
What do you do when you're shootered,
And you know you're a man?
Wherever you go for the rest of your life, you must prove
You're a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I'd be happy as hell to do that.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It's always cool taking out people and getting them hits past 1k. Everyone is stoked by it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of you guys really need to get out more.   Sure, I'm behind enemy lines, but at least like Nevada, we here in CA can shoot at distance.   ARFCOM always tells me to move to a free state, but a lot of you free state folk then go on to tell me you can't find a range past 100y or past 300y.   Pppffft!

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Ryan Phillipe did another interview and clearly he's one of those 'I support the 2nd Amendment, BUT...' types.

Read for yourself at: http://www.guns.com/2016/11/16/phillippe-talks-shooting-guns-gun-control-and-shooter/
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In fairness, one of those scruffy-nerf herder hunter's said he was an orthodontist. And orthodontists are a bunch of vermin..OH yeah!! (J/K).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking anti-dentite.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top