Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#1]

I am sure he can sic the DOJ and IRS on California politicians and cities, they are so fucking corrupt, it is not even funny.

Stop funding them and having federal oversight will fuck them pretty good.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just fucking secede already.
View Quote

Break the state up into 3 or 4 different states.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
CA gov't push to have all citizens claim 10 exemptions on their federal income tax then depend upon their liberal allies within the IRS to not audit?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to cut off ALL federal funds going to CA until they kneel.

And CA would return the favor and keep their taxes and it would be a net win for them (by 21%).

People don't realize that CA pays out a lot more in fed taxes than they receive in funding.
CA gov't push to have all citizens claim 10 exemptions on their federal income tax then depend upon their liberal allies within the IRS to not audit?  

Oh really?  Could you point me to the CA website please?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have it on good authority from a reddit post that illegal immigration is actually a positive for our society. No need for cutting anything.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Sanctuary cities...It will be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck them and their quisling attitude towards illegals.

They still expect the majority of illegals to be given the vote and are hedging their bets towards that - they don't really give a shit about these people in a real way.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But they cannot support themselves in water in electrical power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.) cut federal funding. See how well they can pay for everyone without other people's cash.

2.) prosecute the officials who are participating in crimes of hiding illegals.

3.) deportation.

While I agree with 2 and 3...

Here is California's GDP: 2.448 trillion USD

Here is a list of GDP by country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

California is doing okie dokie financially.

Creating electrical power is just yucky, so pollute other states so California can stay clean

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.) cut federal funding. See how well they can pay for everyone without other people's cash.
2.) prosecute the officials who are participating in crimes of hiding illegals.
3.) deportation.

They have a debt problem.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Not sure why we are picking on CA.  Just cut funding to all sanctuary cities.  No matter the state.  I doubt Boise is pine but if they are they can piss off too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What state's economy isn't heavily dependent upon exports to other states (or countries)?

Do you think CA's water gets pumped over the White & Sierra mountains?  CO river is a border - good luck cutting off all that water.

Good luck with an embargo against all things CA - for some reason I suspect there would be riots at grocery stores.

How much would it cost to move all the Navy activity out of San Diego?  How about all the other .mil bases in CA?  

I don't agree with Sanctuary Cities although I don't have a real issue with requiring an actual court order to turn someone over to ICE since .gov agencies aren't known for their thoroughness/efficiency except in GD when talking about illegals.

The rhetoric in GD about cutting of funding & embargoes is entertaining- if it wasn't so pathetic. "We be President now" wasn't just an Obama thing.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that may be true but CA wonderful economy is based on things sold to other parts of the country/world.  

.gov withholds fed money, CA stops paying taxes, .gov ends all CA contracts and embargos CA products and services, kiss your water and whatever raw materials CA needs goodbye too

what happens after that i dont know, i would hope the crazies in CA would realize illegals arent worth all that but it is the base of their ability to remain in power

What state's economy isn't heavily dependent upon exports to other states (or countries)?

Do you think CA's water gets pumped over the White & Sierra mountains?  CO river is a border - good luck cutting off all that water.

Good luck with an embargo against all things CA - for some reason I suspect there would be riots at grocery stores.

How much would it cost to move all the Navy activity out of San Diego?  How about all the other .mil bases in CA?  

I don't agree with Sanctuary Cities although I don't have a real issue with requiring an actual court order to turn someone over to ICE since .gov agencies aren't known for their thoroughness/efficiency except in GD when talking about illegals.

The rhetoric in GD about cutting of funding & embargoes is entertaining- if it wasn't so pathetic. "We be President now" wasn't just an Obama thing.....

i never said i wanted to see any of that happen but if you think Cali could have it all and  make it on its own you are fucking clueless.  like i said illegas are not worth it
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that may be true but CA wonderful economy is based on things sold to other parts of the country/world.  

.gov withholds fed money, CA stops paying taxes, .gov ends all CA contracts and embargos CA products and services, kiss your water and whatever raw materials CA needs goodbye too

what happens after that i dont know, i would hope the crazies in CA would realize illegals arent worth all that but it is the base of their ability to remain in power

i never said i wanted to see any of that happen but if you think Cali could have it all and  make it on its own you are fucking clueless.  like i said illegas are not worth it
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for gun owners there.
View Quote

Shouldn't be any left
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It ain't just Kalifornia. Denver is a traitors paradise as well, and we have the active TB cases to prove it.
View Quote

The insanity of it all just boggles my mind
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
These sanctuary cities just love their felons.  Illegal and felons. Can't they see what he is talking about or are they being deliberately obtuse and waving a bloody flag for effect.?

Trump should take back .mil equipment from sanctuary cities and give it to cooperative departments...liberal hate SWAT anyway.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure if everbody already heard about this - Jerry Brown vs Trump http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Jerry-Brown-Trump-election-build-California-wall-6892193.php
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Easiest way to shut down a sanctuary city is to cut off federal funding.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cut funding for all sanctuary cities.

Start with San Francisco https://therapyfirst.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/kate-steinle.jpg

Very strong argument for cutting ALL FUNDING TO SANCTUARY CITIES!!!

CUT ALL FUNDING TO THE STATE IF THEY GIVE ANY MONEY TO THESE CITIES TO!

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It ain't just Kalifornia. Denver is a traitors paradise as well, and we have the active TB cases to prove it.

We don't go for that down here
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fucking roll ICE in to the sanctuary cities.
Clean house.
Defund them.
View Quote

It's a twofold bonus,   housing prices will go down with the decreased demand.

Need to get another federal judge to lift the permanent injunction on prop 187 too,  https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_187,_Illegal_Aliens_Ineligible_for_Public_Benefits_(1994)
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ya know that Colorado doesn't own the Colorado river and the only single state in the nation's 50 to 58 states to have their own isolated power grid is Texas right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ya know that Colorado doesn't own the Colorado river and the only single state in the nation's 50 to 58 states to have their own isolated power grid is Texas right?

You know California imports a third of its power?  Also I kind of figured that Hawaii has its own grid.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2016/04/03/californias-growing-imported-electricity-problem/#f7e656e96bbe
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You know California imports a third of its power?  Also I kind of figured that Hawaii has its own grid.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2016/04/03/californias-growing-imported-electricity-problem/#f7e656e96bbe
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know that California buys excess power from the surrounding states.

It also sells surplus power to other states. You know, a power grid.

Fortunately its its not run by the children in GD.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure reads to me that CA barely sells any since they buy one KW for every two they produce.

Also bonus points for using a childish attack by calling people children.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#29]
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/12/05/california-speaker-rejects-national-unity-need-fight/                         5 Dec 2016

"Anthony Rendon, the Speaker of the California State Assembly, used the swearing-in ceremony of the California legislature on Monday to issue a call to arms against the federal government and President-elect Donald Trump.

“Californians should be wary of the national calls for unity and healing,” Rendon (D-Paramount) said, according to the text of his remarks as prepared for delivery. “Unity must be separated from complicity. And we must be defiant whenever justice, fairness, and righteousness require.                   “Californians do not need healing. We need to fight,” he declared.

Rendon called the Trump administration a “major existential threat” on a par with the Second World War. Rendon declared that Californians would defy the federal government’s efforts to enforce immigration law, and would protect the state’s “interests.”
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So CA and it's citizens can stop sending money to the Feds, right?
View Quote

26 USC, as passed by the United States Congress and authorized by the 16th amendment, requires Americans to pay taxes on various sources of income (see 26 USC § 61).

Why on earth would that change simply because Congress decided to cut off funding to California due to noncompliance with existing law?

Under current law taxes are required to be paid under certain circumstances while Congress isn't required to appropriate one cent to anybody.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Riot!

Do it!

Burn all thoses mother fuckers to the ground!

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

26 USC, as passed by the United States Congress and authorized by the 16th amendment, requires Americans to pay taxes on various sources of income (see 26 USC § 61).

Why on earth would that change simply because Congress decided to cut off funding to California due to noncompliance with existing law?

Under current law taxes are required to be paid under certain circumstances while Congress isn't required to appropriate one cent to anybody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So CA and it's citizens can stop sending money to the Feds, right?

Cost vs benefit. Why pay when there is no benefit?  CA seceding would make a lot of GD happy.

Not that it would happen but it's an interesting hypothetical.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#34]
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/california-elector-files-suit-joins-anti-trump-electoral-college-push-232472 Trump Electoral College push

By KYLE CHENEY

12/10/16 07:36 PM EST

"A Democratic presidential elector from California has filed suit in support of an effort to block Donald Trump’s path to the presidency, the second such lawsuit filed in recent days.

Vinz Koller, chairman of the Monterey County Democratic Party, has become the 10th presidential elector – joining eight other Democrats and one Republican – to lend support to the anti-Trump effort. His lawsuit, filed Friday, seeks to overturn a California statute that requires him and the state’s 54 other members of the Electoral College to support Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton when they vote on Dec. 19. A similar lawsuit was filed earlier this week in Colorado by two Democratic electors, Robert Nemanich and Polly Baca.

Their hope is that legal victories help undermine the 29 state laws across the country that force electors to support the winner"
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-californians-trump-critics-20161216-htmlstory.html

California is itching to take on Trump. Here are the prominent figures leading the charge By Melanie Mason

California’s leaders have reacted to Donald Trump’s win with a clamor of opposition, an adversarial stance that echoes Texas’ combative posture under President Obama. 

But within the overarching hostile tone, the dissent from the nation’s most populous state, which sided decisively with Hillary Clinton in  the Nov. 8 presidential election, has come in several forms: carefully calibrated messages of tepid cooperation, outright declarations of defiance and Twitter brawls.

Beyond the state’s representatives in Washington — including Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and U.S. Sens. Dianne Feinstein andKamala Harris — the roster of Trump antagonists in California is a lengthy one. Here’s a field guide to the Californians on the front lines in the state’s brewing battle with the incoming president.

The six California congressional members most likely to help, or hinder, the Trump administration »

The state officials

The state’s highest-profile defender is Gov. Jerry Brown, whose initial comments on Trumpemphasized national unity and a wait-and-see attitude about the incoming administration. But the governor has since ratcheted up the rhetoric on climate change, Brown’s signature issue and one where he and Trump share little common ground.

“We’ve got the scientists, we’ve got the universities, we have the national labs and we have the political clout and sophistication for the battle — and we will persevere. Have no doubt about that,” Brown said Wednesday in an address to climate scientists.

Los Angeles Rep. Xavier Becerra,Brown’s pick to be the new state attorney general, who would replace Harris as she moves to the Senate, would be the state’s point person to challenge the Trump administration in court, pending an all-but-certain confirmation by the Legislature. So far, however, Becerra’s talk about Trump has notably lacked bombast.                                     UC System President Janet Napolitano, who signed the directive when she served as Homeland Security secretary under Obama, has become a vocal proponent of maintaining DACA,penning a New York Times op-ed in which she called the reasoning behind the policy “careful, rational and lawful.”

The lawmakers

Starting with a fiery joint statement just hours after Trump won the presidency, California’s top Democrats in the Legislature —Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León and Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon — have struck a decisively defiant anti-Trump tone. 

“Californians do not need healing. We need to fight,” Rendon said in a combative speech at last week’s ceremony swearing in new legislators, injecting a bellicose note into a typically cheery affair.

Legislative leaders have staked out immigration as the first battleground. De León has introduced a measure that would bar state and local resources from being used to aid federal immigration officials in deportations. 

In announcing the bill, SB 54, De León vowed that California would be “the wall of justice” for people in the country illegally if the federal government ramps up deportations.

Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) has also proposed several early measures in a preemptive rebuke to Trump, including SB 30, which would stymie construction of a wall along the California-Mexico border and SB 31, which would prohibit the state from sharing information to a federally compiled registry of Muslims in the United States, a proposal Trump and his advisers have floated.

Other proposals would commit state dollars to defend people without legal immigration status against removal from the U.S. One bill, SB 6 by Sen. Ben Hueso (D-San Diego), who chairs the Legislative Latino Caucus, would provide funding for legal services for those in deportation proceedings. Another proposal, AB 3 by Assemblyman Rob Bonta (D-Oakland), would fund immigration law training for public defenders.

California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, D-Paramount, third from left, flanked by Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Len, D-Los Angeles, right, and other Democratic lawmakers, discusses a pair of proposed measures to protect immigrants, during a news conference in Sacramento. (Rich Pedroncelli / AP)The contenders

The shades of anti-Trump stances are also coloring the next marquee political showdown in California: the 2018 governor’s race.

Gavin Newsom, the state’s lieutenant governor and earliest entrant to the field, has been an unabashed Trump detractor, needling the president-elect on social media, a fitting venue for the Twitter-friendly Trump.

“I don’t think it’s time to be timid — at all,” Newsom told reporters on Wednesday. “I take him quite literally in terms of what he wants to accomplish and how he wants to go about doing it. And if you do take him literally, then there is only one response, and that is to prepare for an assault on environmental protections, on immigrant rights, on people’s health and welfare, and not wait to respond to it.”

Fellow Democrat and former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosaofficially jumped into the race just two days after Trump won the presidency, framing his gubernatorial bid as a contrast to the incoming Republican president. In an op-ed in the Sacramento Bee last week, Villaraigosa called on Western governors and California mayors to unite to form “a breakwater against the tide of Trumpism.”

Liberal hedge fund billionaire Tom Steyer has toyed with a gubernatorial run, although he said Trump’s unexpected win had made him reconsider his plans. In an interview with The Times, he said his initial aversion to Trump has only hardened with the president-elect’s actions.

“What we’ve seen so far in terms of both behavior and nominations has fulfilled every one of our expectations and fears,” Steyer said.

Regardless of his future ambitions, Steyer said he plans to continue opposing Trump through a “citizens’ coalition,” marrying grassroots work, voter registration and other political organizing.

The locals

Preparing for battle against the Trump administration extends far beyond Sacramento. In California’s major cities, local officials have struck their own anti-Trump positions.

In Los Angeles, City Councilmembers have explored hiring an immigrant advocate to shield residents from deportations. Police Chief Charlie Beck said he had no plans to change his department’s stance on immigration enforcement, in which officers do not turn over to federal authorities those arrested for low-level crimes.

Los Angeles County SupervisorsHilda Solis and Janice Hahn have proposed a $1-million legal aid fund to help immigrants in the country illegally, according to LA Weekly.

In Northern California, San Francisco public defender Jeff Adachi has proposed a $5-million unit in his department to defend immigrants in the country illegally from deportation.

And earlier this month, the city of Santa Ana voted to become a sanctuary city to protect those without legal immigration status — a largely symbolic measure that nevertheless underscored thedramatic demographic changesunderway in what used to be a stronghold for California Republicans.

Speaking of the GOP, the most compelling figure on the local level to watch could be San Diego MayorKevin Faulconer, a Republican who did not support Trump’s campaign.

Post-election, Faulconer has urged unity, saying of Trump at a Los Angeles Times event, “he’s our president — we have to come together now.”

But Faulconer also did not shy away from touting his city’s close economic relationship with Mexico. If Trump follows through on his promise to impose tariffs on goods imported from Mexico, a move that could have significant repercussions for San Diego’s economy, Faulconer’s role as a pro-trade GOP mayor of a major border city may end up giving Trump some significant heartburn. 

The techies

California’s politicians have so far been the most enthusiastic in seizing the anti-Trump megaphone. But Silicon Valley may also find itself in conflict with the new administration.

In his highly anticipated summit with tech leaders on Wednesday — organized by billionaire investor and Trump ally Peter Thiel — the president-elect lavished praise on the executives as a “truly amazing group of people,” even though the industry was largely  opposed to his campaign.

But there are early signs of ruptures in Trump’s relationship with Silicon Valley. Twitter and Facebookhave publicly stated they would not assist in building a registry of Muslims in the United States.

Texas was Obama's chief antagonist. In Trump's America, California is eager for the part

California's new legislative session begins with a message: We're ready to fight Trump"
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Boo fucking hoo.
View Quote

Follow the law dingbat Californians and you will have no problems.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/12/05/california-speaker-rejects-national-unity-need-fight/                         5 Dec 2016

"Anthony Rendon, the Speaker of the California State Assembly, used the swearing-in ceremony of the California legislature on Monday to issue a call to arms against the federal government and President-elect Donald Trump.

“Californians should be wary of the national calls for unity and healing,” Rendon (D-Paramount) said, according to the text of his remarks as prepared for delivery. “Unity must be separated from complicity. And we must be defiant whenever justice, fairness, and righteousness require.                   “Californians do not need healing. We need to fight,” he declared.

Rendon called the Trump administration a “major existential threat” on a par with the Second World War. Rendon declared that Californians would defy the federal government’s efforts to enforce immigration law, and would protect the state’s “interests.”
View Quote

Really? Over people that came to our country illegally?

I have skin in this game, as in a groomsman in my wedding that was from Japan. He was going to college & loved our country. He was here in a school visa then a temporary work visa after graduating from the U of M.

His father owned a factory & shipping company dealing with tea. Great guy & I consider him an American. Given his family wealth he lived megerly, but he liked his cars... He & his family contribute to our country in a very real way, economically.

He tried to attain a lifetime visa but was denie over & over. He was quite upset not being in the country he loved but he followed the law out of respect.

Yet they want what?

You can understand my disdain.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top