Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/27/2016 10:16:20 PM EDT
lots of grievances filed lately, they're having a rally on property tomorrow afternoon (it better not affect my kitchens or i'm going to be pissed), little love notes left around about how management is stealing their jobs, the cunt of a union rep has been on property a lot lately stirring the pot. new contract negotiations are getting ready to start, so maybe that's the cause.  i'm on the management side and was told today that we have to be completely hands off as far as production goes.  i'm not allowed to jump in and help my cooks out if they're buried.  most of my cooks don't even give a shit about the union.  i really hope management locks the union turds out.

tl;dr
fuck unions.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Last two words said it all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, fuck a union. In the 90's I had to deal with one during a start up of the equipment I was installing. They had a crane that moved cylinders around that we plated. I couldn't run the crane, and they required 2 people to run it. One to hold the control and one to fuck off and do nothing. That was they're rules and whenever I needed them to move one for me they would dick around for an hour or two just to hold me up.

One day I took lunch in the room with the crane, tucked off in a corner, nobody knew I was there. All of a sudden I heard the crane fire up. I looked over and there was the biggest troublemaker, a stupid cunt that we all hated. Most importantly, she was by herself. I grabbed my camera and snuck up behind her, then I said "smile". As she turned around with the control in her hand, the crane next to her I took her picture and then asked where her 2nd was. She got this look on her face like "oh fuck". I told her I was giving that photo to everyone and anyone I could find, she started getting all pissy and I told her to fuck off.

The next day I went in the break room and about a half dozen of the turds were sitting in there. I had already ratted them out. One of them said "you'
re pretty brave coming in here". I calmly walked over to him and asked him if he knew who the fuck I was. They're all sitting there looking like they're getting ready to jump. He said no or something, I can't really remember. So then I asked them if they would like I could call the barracks and have my old man and the rest of the State Police come over and beat the living fuck out of them. That he would be glad to beat some pussy union ass because they really didn't like them or the people they worked for. Where I grew up nobody fucked with the SP, and my dad worked organized crime, so he really didn't like them.  I proceeded to dress him down in my best DI manner. They backed down and I never had an issue with them. Someone probably checked and found out I wasn't lying. Anyway, they ended up closing the place down because of all the bullshit, so they all lost their jobs within a year or two. Fuck em...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i like how they bitch about their shitty hotel-paid benefits package,  but continue to suck the union cock.  i just tell them that their precious union negotiated their shitty benefits package and to suck it up. "but its free!" yeah, well i have to pay $250 a month for my wife and i, but at least i don't have shitty coverage.  continue getting milked for those dues you retards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i like how they bitch about their shitty hotel-paid benefits package,  but continue to suck the union cock.  i just tell them that their precious union negotiated their shitty benefits package and to suck it up. "but its free!" yeah, well i have to pay $250 a month for my wife and i, but at least i don't have shitty coverage.  continue getting milked for those dues you retards.
View Quote
Exactly. Even with non-union employees bitching about benefits. If you dont like your insurance options, talk to HR as they are fuckers that make those negotiations and decisions.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
... wanna rock the boat? Vote Trump
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Exactly. Even with non-union employees bitching about benefits. If you dont like your insurance options, talk to HR as they are fuckers that make those negotiations and decisions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i believe ours are done at the corporate level.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... wanna rock the boat? Vote Trump
View Quote

i am. one of our banquet captains wears an "R" lapel pin and it gets the turds all riled up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged for the later bitching about how pay got cut and benefits suck now that the union turds are locked out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Do not ever recall hearing about union cooks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The union got voted out long before I came here, in the 80's. But I would vote them back in on a second. Even if they did nothing more than hold management accountable to their own fucking company operations manual it would be a plus.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm still living the dream with ya..................................................
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#12]
unions are ridiculous, its crazy to think the unions are mostly democratic with all republican members
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I had to go supervise some shit on a job with union subs last week. Fuck unions. Goddamn communist bastards.

I tried helping them with their sling loads because none of them could figure out how a fucking shackle works... Until their foreman saw it. "Hey! Don't you fucking touch that! I've got four Journeymen sitting over there!" I asked, "Well why aren't they doing this then?" He answered, "They're on their 9 o'clock break."

Oh, fucking sorry. I thought they worked for a living.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Worked with union guys through my teens and early 20s. The worst of the worst pot stirrers always made it ahead, using underlings to destroy others and gain power. The idea of worker's rights is no longer the aim, and the arguments of those running the unions are synonymous with politicians trying to make a name for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tagged for the later bitching about how pay got cut and benefits suck now that the union turds are locked out.
View Quote

got one...

its ok though, i'm pretty certain the hr director is in bed with the union.  grievance filed?  it doesn't matter how asinine the claim is he sides with the union and forces the hotel to cut a check.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Worked with union guys through my teens and early 20s. The worst of the worst pot stirrers always made it ahead, using underlings to destroy others and gain power. The idea of worker's rights is no longer the aim, and the arguments of those running the unions are synonymous with politicians trying to make a name for themselves.
View Quote

its totally corrupt. its all about the money and power.  shocker, i know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep, fuck a union. In the 90's I had to deal with one during a start up of the equipment I was installing. They had a crane that moved cylinders around that we plated. I couldn't run the crane, and they required 2 people to run it. One to hold the control and one to fuck off and do nothing. That was they're rules and whenever I needed them to move one for me they would dick around for an hour or two just to hold me up.

One day I took lunch in the room with the crane, tucked off in a corner, nobody knew I was there. All of a sudden I heard the crane fire up. I looked over and there was the biggest troublemaker, a stupid cunt that we all hated. Most importantly, she was by herself. I grabbed my camera and snuck up behind her, then I said "smile". As she turned around with the control in her hand, the crane next to her I took her picture and then asked where her 2nd was. She got this look on her face like "oh fuck". I told her I was giving that photo to everyone and anyone I could find, she started getting all pissy and I told her to fuck off.

The next day I went in the break room and about a half dozen of the turds were sitting in there. I had already ratted them out. One of them said "you'
re pretty brave coming in here". I calmly walked over to him and asked him if he knew who the fuck I was. They're all sitting there looking like they're getting ready to jump. He said no or something, I can't really remember. So then I asked them if they would like I could call the barracks and have my old man and the rest of the State Police come over and beat the living fuck out of them. That he would be glad to beat some pussy union ass because they really didn't like them or the people they worked for. Where I grew up nobody fucked with the SP, and my dad worked organized crime, so he really didn't like them.  I proceeded to dress him down in my best DI manner. They backed down and I never had an issue with them. Someone probably checked and found out I wasn't lying. Anyway, they ended up closing the place down because of all the bullshit, so they all lost their jobs within a year or two. Fuck em...
View Quote

Because State cops will just roll to some bussiness and start beating the shit out of people because one of their kids said so?

K.........
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
So you told them you would call your daddy the cop and have him beat them all up ?

LOL. GD is the best.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So then I asked them if they would like I could call the barracks and have my old man and the rest of the State Police come over and beat the living fuck out of them. That he would be glad to beat some pussy union ass because they really didn't like them or the people they worked for. Where I grew up nobody fucked with the SP, and my dad worked organized crime, so he really didn't like them.  I proceeded to dress him down in my best DI manner. They backed down and I never had an issue with them.

View Quote

Totally believable

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#20]
As a young engineer I got stopped by a union guy as I rolled some parts through the shop. He says I can't do that, your're a blue badge (salary). I told him I can do anything I want and kept rolling. He tried to stop me again and I told him that these are not production parts, I'm R&D and don't need his permission to move R&D parts. I never had another problem in 30 years...I guess I should have said to start pushing or piss off, LOL.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do not ever recall hearing about union cooks.
View Quote

The guy who brings shopping carts in at the local Kroger is union
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep, got to very very careful what you do once it gets to the point of using a screwdriver where I work. I'll have to be in the union soon, but I can't really figure out why.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Shit Eating Is Universal?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

As a young engineer I got stopped by a union guy as I rolled some parts through the shop. He says I can't do that, your're a blue badge (salary). I told him I can do anything I want and kept rolling. He tried to stop me again and I told him that these are not production parts, I'm R&D and don't need his permission to move R&D parts. I never had another problem in 30 years...I guess I should have said to start pushing or piss off, LOL.
View Quote
You mean you didn't threaten to call your uncle who is on SEAL Team 6 and have him come down to beat his ass?

No way simple communication ever solves a problem. Only the threat of nepotisict vengeance works on union types.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

so..does your daddy fix your traffic tickets as well?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#26]
I dislike unions in general....they have no higher moral standing than an organized mob.

That said, from my personal experiences, there is (often) a large skill gap between an IBEW electrician and your run of the mill non-union electrician. Their training program must be top notch.

(I am not in a union myself, but I have my own IBEW sub contractors at my disposal to use and abuse)
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So you told them you would call your daddy the cop and have him beat them all up ?  

LOL. GD is the best.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  

Yep, they were thinking about it, and if they did I guarantee you they'd be worse off and they knew this. Dad was a bad ass, still is. But hey, I admit, I couldn't do much against those odds so I played my best hand. What would you have done?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had to go supervise some shit on a job with union subs last week. Fuck unions. Goddamn communist bastards.

I tried helping them with their sling loads because none of them could figure out how a fucking shackle works... Until their foreman saw it. "Hey! Don't you fucking touch that! I've got four Journeymen sitting over there!" I asked, "Well why aren't they doing this then?" He answered, "They're on their 9 o'clock break."

Oh, fucking sorry. I thought they worked for a living.

View Quote

Had one guy show up after his medical appointment and wanted to go immediately on his break with his coworkers.  I told him that breaks are earned and not automatic.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What traffic tickets? Didn't have to worry about them back then.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

nope, some pissant local shit organization that has their hooks in 9 hotels in south florida.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Totally believable

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So then I asked them if they would like I could call the barracks and have my old man and the rest of the State Police come over and beat the living fuck out of them. That he would be glad to beat some pussy union ass because they really didn't like them or the people they worked for. Where I grew up nobody fucked with the SP, and my dad worked organized crime, so he really didn't like them.  I proceeded to dress him down in my best DI manner. They backed down and I never had an issue with them.

Totally believable

Yeah, dad's from Texas too....hahaha
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  

No shit.  I like where this is going.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I remember when I got hired as a firefighter. They had the union come in during break at orientation. They said you don't have to join the union here in Fla. but all firefighter are in the union and if you don't join now and get to your station and figure out after meeting with the union firefighters that you should have joined. You'll have to back pay from the day you were hired. they meant after you were harrassed and black balled. You were also on probation for a year and could be fired without being given a reason. They could just not like you. They basically strong arm and extort you into joining. Trust me when I say. If you do not join. You are frowned up on very badly and the union will publish your name through the entire dept. so everyone knows who you are. Often.   That is wrong

The union with fire rescue sucked. As someone said the union is Democratic with Republican members and what pisses me iscwhen they advertise that a Democratic candidate is backed by firefighters here in Fla. No they're not. They're backed by a union.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally believable

Too?   I'm from North Carolina, I'm only in Texas because my wife is here.

I've never had to call her and her teacher buddies to come kick somebody's ass for me though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#35]
You should pull q hostess. im surprised more companies havent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can someone translate that into English please?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I dislike unions in general....they have no higher moral standing than an organized mob.

That said, from my personal experiences, there is (often) a large skill gap between an IBEW electrician and your run of the mill non-union electrician. Their training program must be top notch.

(I am not in a union myself, but I have my own IBEW sub contractors at my disposal to use and abuse)
View Quote

There can be a difference between trade unions and labor unions. The trade unions are >often< the ones who care about training people up right, and I respect them for that. However, politically, they can be the same pile of shit as the labor unions.

I think in big cities, you can see more corruption and rigidity in the trade unions than the ones in smaller cities and towns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#38]
As a member of a white collar union I wouldn't have it any other way but being in it.

That said I understand in some situations why they can be obnoxious.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For someone who claims to hate unions. im surprised you never heard.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/07/05/hostess-going-public-after-bouncing-back-from-bankruptcy/
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

So mr pro-union....answer me this.

Many Nuclear, NG, coal, and oil fired power plants employ workers belonging to the "brotherhood of electrical workers"

That union asks it's members to vote for democrats....the same democrats that are trying to shut down Nuclear, coal, and other fossil fuel powered plants.

How stupid are people that will vote for democrat politicians that are taking your job away ??

Here's the link to the stupidity...www.ibew.org

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I remember when I got hired as a firefighter. They had the union come in during break at orientation. They said you don't have to join the union here in Fla. but all firefighter are in the union and if you don't join now and get to your station and figure out after meeting with the union firefighters that you should have joined. You'll have to back pay from the day you were hired. they meant after you were harrassed and black balled. You were also on probation for a year and could be fired without being given a reason. They could just not like you. They basically strong arm and extort you into joining. Trust me when I say. If you do not join. You are frowned up on very badly and the union will publish your name through the entire dept. so everyone knows who you are. Often.   That is wrong

The union with fire rescue sucked. As someone said the union is Democratic with Republican members and what pisses me iscwhen they advertise that a Democratic candidate is backed by firefighters here in Fla. No they're not. They're backed by a union.
View Quote

The majority of the black firefighters don't join the union, They hang with the Stentorians. They get the benefit of the union negotiations, benefits and other union wins without paying dues. I never saw anyone that wasn't a union member take any real grief for it and we were about 97%. In my orientation, there was one day when all the different groups show up and make a pitch. Union, relief assn., benefit&welfare, united way and on and on. It was kinda funny the way the training captains handled it. The papers would get passed left to right. Everyone was signing and passing right. One guy stalled and was asked WTF are you doing?!! Just sign the fucken thing and pass it on!!
The Stentorians don't make a pitch in the open, they sneak into the station and corner some new boot and get them to sign up that way. I saw one guy get tossed out of the station doing that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like the CUNTlinary union around here.

I always ask the waitstaff on the strip if they are culinary represented.  If I get the union hoo-rah from them the tip is always exactly 13 cents.  Union slags get 13 cents. Period.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yep, they were thinking about it, and if they did I guarantee you they'd be worse off and they knew this. Dad was a bad ass, still is. But hey, I admit, I couldn't do much against those odds so I played my best hand. What would you have done?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  

First I'm not a rat who goes around snapping pictures like a scared teenager and threatening women with them. Second I wouldn't have walked into a break room full of strangers and started running my suck talking about "Do you know who I am?" using "my best DI manner".

My daddy's not a badass cop so I had to learn how to solve problems like an adult. The bad part about that is I don't have awesome stories to tell on GD about mad dogging a room full of worthless union scum.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/07/05/hostess-going-public-after-bouncing-back-from-bankruptcy/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down.  If you actually read what you wrote, it takes some deciphering.

I'm not sure how that would work at the hotel I work at.  The property itself is owned by a private company, but it's managed by Hilton.  Which group would have to go bankrupt? Hostess cut a bunch of staff and went with more automation. Are there robots available to replace the housekeeping staff, stewarding staff, and culinary staff?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:04:05 AM EDT
[#45]
I will make it short. Iam a Union guy. Our union has supported democrats forever. I dont like it but i live with it.

The new hires coming in are getting fucked. Low wages, no retirement, and 4 years to top out in a classification. It would be worse without a Union.

A fortune 500 company looks out for its stock holders  ( dont get me wrong i own stock too)
HR isn't your friend.
If it wasnt for Unions, companies would pay 3rd world wages. Is there bullshit rules and clauses, absolutely.!
E.G. Job banks, being offended, abuse of the fmla rules and the list goes on and on.

I defend the Unions that look out for the hardworking people. The shitbirds that always have an excuse can fuck off.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:08:07 AM EDT
[#46]
HEREIU?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. GD is the best.  

Is this like the new "mom is a truck driver with a medical condition"?

I read it all.  It was weird.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

GOOD. FUCKING. GRIEF.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lots of grievances filed lately, they're having a rally on property tomorrow afternoon (it better not affect my kitchens or i'm going to be pissed), little love notes left around about how management is stealing their jobs, the cunt of a union rep has been on property a lot lately stirring the pot. new contract negotiations are getting ready to start, so maybe that's the cause.  i'm on the management side and was told today that we have to be completely hands off as far as production goes.  i'm not allowed to jump in and help my cooks out if they're buried.  most of my cooks don't even give a shit about the union.  i really hope management locks the union turds out.

tl;dr
fuck unions.
View Quote

Fuck Management.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

There used to be-and still might be- a pretty good example of how unions had fucked Hostess on one of the Wikipedia pages about their bankruptcy. It was some crazy crap about how they had to have something like 2 or 3 delivery drivers per truck. One drove, one delivered, and neither could do the others job, or assist the other. If there was a third guy I don't remember what he did, "supervised" and maybe helped out the delivery guy, I guess.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top