BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Last I checked the US is the constitutions land. And it's rules. If you don't like the constitution build your shitty park offshore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is private property.  Their land, their rules

Last I checked the US is the constitutions land. And it's rules. If you don't like the constitution build your shitty park offshore.

They did.  They have parks in Anti-gun France and Communist China.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Japan.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just carrying an inanimate object should not be illegal...

but since it is...keep up with your papers...
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]

For real?

At most a cite and release for being lazy.  Take a pic of the gun, cut the ticket and let her go

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, I'll say it.  I bet without the jacked up crying-smeared mascara, she's pretty hot.  Hell, she's not bad as-is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
What's a permit said the man in L.A.?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I went last year and they wanted to play 20 questions  when they found the blowout kit in my bag. IIRC if you are legally carrying they either ask you to come back without it or have a secure storage area in the security office.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can you CC there if you have the proper documents?
View Quote
Their property their rules say no. I was there last December.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

right back at you.  How the f*** are you supposed to carry one if you are say.... backpacking? Coming to and from a range? Puting it in a bag makes it illegal?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You cant have a gun in a backpack in FL?

Didn't think CCW even applied to that as its not really on ones person.

right back at you.  How the f*** are you supposed to carry one if you are say.... backpacking? Coming to and from a range? Puting it in a bag makes it illegal?

Yes putting a gun in a bag is illegal in FL. The Legislature at this point has deprived citizens of the substantive right to place arms in any type of bag.
Had nothing to do with the fact she was concealing a firearm in a public theme park with an expired license. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Am I the only one who thinks she's pretty hot?
View All Quotes

Nope, I thinks she real nice, plus she keeps heaters on deck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks to me like she may have "resisted" upon being taken into custody.

I almost posted in the thread yesterday about the Epcot gun arrest but didn't.

I have twice carried in the FL WD parks (with a valid permit). I never had an issue. I carried my G26 all day in WDW and my J-Frame in Epcot. Both were quite some time ago though.
The big drawback to carrying in Epcot was having to stay sober.
I knew I was taking my chances and had an RV to go back to and stash it if needed. I never considered getting a boot on my throat for it though.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks to me like she may have "resisted" upon being taken into custody.

I almost posted in the thread yesterday about the Epcot gun arrest but didn't.

I have twice carried in the FL WD parks (with a valid permit). I never had an issue. I carried my G26 all day in WDW and my J-Frame in Epcot. Both were quite some time ago though.
The big drawback to carrying in Epcot was having to stay sober.
I knew I was taking my chances and had an RV to go back to and stash it if needed. I never considered getting a boot on my throat for it though.

Cheers!
-JC
View Quote

I've never had any issues before either. In fact, I once forgot I left my backup piece in my backpack and was almost as surprised as the Disney employee when he found it. Told him I didn't mean to bring that and showed my my CWP and asked what I had to do. I was with a large group, and had taken a shuttle, so had no where to put it. An officer was called over and confirmed my CWP was legit. One of the supervisors walked me over to a little locked office with a bunch of lock boxes. Signed a form, locked the gun up, and he had me keep the key. Picked it up with no problem.

It was an honest mistake. I wasn't trying to sneak it in. Now the one that was on my hip the whole time....
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The last I checked, the Constitution sets limits on government, not private businesses.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last I checked, the Constitution sets limits on government, not private businesses.  

Some people see it as more than that. A way of life, or something worth dying for.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some people see it as more than that. A way of life, or something worth dying for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it's ok for you to interpret the Constitution to fit your objectives, but not for those you disagree with?

How do you feel about a Christian bakery being forced to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The constitution does not grant you the right to do what you want on someone eles's  private property.

So in your eyes it's perfectly fine if I go to your property and do what ever I want?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The constitution does not grant you the right to do what you want on someone eles's  private property.

So in your eyes it's perfectly fine if I go to your property and do what ever I want?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry concealed nearly everywhere. If I somehow got found out, and someone asked me to leave, I'd respect that. But until then, my right to protect myself and my kids sure as fuck trumps your right to be offended.

I've carried in a lot of places that would make you people have a meltdown. Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was just at Universal Studios for HHN..they had fuking metal detectorso, both walk thru and the wand kind at the gate and the entrance to the attractions..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Disney trip to remember.

I was just at Universal Studios for HHN..they had fuking metal detectorso, both walk thru and the wand kind at the gate and the entrance to the attractions..

Not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
and not guilty
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
Mmmmm

Nope.

Not how it works here. Businesses cannot ban you from carrying, but they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to, they can have LE remove you for trespassing.

In this case, she had an expired CCW.

Regardless, even if you have a valid CCW, Disney will now ban you from the park for carrying. As others have said I'm sure, you used to be able to carry, and no one asked, even up until about a year ago. You could even claim it with security and have it locked up if you wanted, or if security caught you with it, you would just have to take it back to the car. Now? Flat out ban from the parks for life. No matter if you have a valid permit or not.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's bullshit.

We let folks go with expired CCW's all the time. Get it renewed.
View Quote

How long are your guys permit good for? She's only 23 and can't get a permit till you're 21.
Also sucks if you don't renew here in 90 days after it expires. Have to do the whole process over again.

If she had a clean record they should have walked her back to her vehicle, had her stow it and tell her to go get that permit renewed

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mmmmm    

Nope.

Not how it works here. Businesses cannot ban you from carrying, but they can ask you to leave. If you refuse to, they can have LE remove you for trespassing.

Regardless, even if you have a valid CCW, Disney will now ban you from the park for carrying. As others have said I'm sure, you used to be able to carry, and no one asked, even up until about a year ago. You could even claim it with security and have it locked up if you wanted, or if security caught you with it, you would just have to take it back to the car. Now? Flat out ban from the parks for life. No matter if you have a valid permit or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mmmmm    

Nope.

You guys are somthing else.....you are basically using the same argument liberals used to force businesses to do things they don't want to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So it's ok for you to interpret the Constitution to fit your objectives, but not for those you disagree with?

How do you feel about a Christian bakery being forced to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking A man, you take shit so far out of context it's ridiculous.

One person is talking about the RKBA which literally has the words "Shall not be infringed" in it... and you're talking about a christian bakery and a fucking wedding cake for a gay couple?

Seriously?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
almost sounds like someone... maybe the media... is laying the groundwork to push an agenda...
View Quote

Yup, since about 1902... duh.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You guys are somthing else.....you are basically using the same argument liberals used to force businesses to do things they don't want to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmm    

Nope.

lol No. Not even close. How you can even draw that conclusion is absurd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, I feel sooo much safer.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#29]
But they just let all the fucking jihadis through....
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because it's a felony in Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a boot mark on her neck?

Why is that an arrestable offense? Don't let her in. Problem solved.

Hopefully she can plea it down to some kind of bullshit misdemeanor that'll at least not ruin her life.

I went about 6 months driving on an expired license once.  Not because of any problem but my wife pitched the paperwork in the middle of all the NRA spam and usual junk mail.  Finally toom my license out of my wallet for something and had an oh shit moment.  Got it fixed. No biggie.

I can totally see how one's CCW permit could expire and one would forget especially if, as Bama says, they don't mail a renewal notice to you.

Thank God they got her off the streets before she killed someone.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

One person is talking about the RKBA which literally has the words "Shall not be infringed" in it... and you're talking about a christian bakery and a fucking wedding cake for a gay couple?

Seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seriously?

How do the limits on what the .gov can do give you the right to do as you please on my private property?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#32]
That's the third firearm-related arrest I've heard from Disney in the last 10 days.

I wonder if they are just enforcing the rules harder, or they stopped turning a blind eye to it?

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. That's worse than California.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably can't even see the irony in wanting an all-powerful government with the authority to negate individual rights in the name of individual rights.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
How long are your guys permit good for? She's only 23 and can't get a permit till you're 21.

Also sucks if you don't renew here in 90 days after it expires. Have to do the whole process over again.

If she had a clean record they should have walked her back to her vehicle, had her stow it and tell her to go get that permit renewed

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's bullshit.

When I had an Alabama permit, it was renewed annually.  I believe Alabama now allows them to be issued at age 18, as well (it was technically legal when I was 18, but the Sheriff had a policy of only issuing to age 21 and up).
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Felony charge seems a bit much.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#38]
You can get arrested for that? I thought they'd just refuse to let you in?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When I had an Alabama permit, it was renewed annually.  I believe Alabama now allows them to be issued at age 18, as well (it was technically legal when I was 18, but the Sheriff had a policy of only issuing to age 21 and up).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's bullshit.

You can a permit for up to 5 years at a time. It may vary county to county however.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Should have carried a ceramic Glock that can't be picked up by metal detectors or bag inspectors.
View Quote

You really think she can afford to drop more than a months salary on a pistol?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You can get arrested for that? I thought they'd just refuse to let you in?
View Quote
Disney didn't arrest her. All Disney can do is turn you away.  The police arrested her.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Disneyland has those now, too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there too.  I didn't pass through one to get into the park, but I was that you had to pass through one for virtually every ride.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I was there too.  I didn't pass through one to get into the park, but I was that you had to pass through one for virtually every ride.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disneyland only has them at the two entrances to the esplanade.  Nothing inside the parks themselves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It expired 10 months prior.  Plenty of time to renew.
View Quote

I feel safer
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mascara from crying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mascara from crying.

Mascara on her NECK?

I suspect she got manhandled a bit when being arrested.  (Whether it was justified or not is immaterial.)
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Mascara on her NECK?

I suspect she got manhandled a bit when being arrested.  (Whether it was justified or not is immaterial.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mascara from crying.

Mascara on her NECK?

You've never seen how tears flow down over the jaw and run to the center of the neck when someone is hunched over?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Would plow and pay for her permit renewal.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How do the limits on what the .gov can do give you the right to do as you please on my private property?

that's the point I was trying to make.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

that's the point I was trying to make.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I wonder if Sheriff Cochran sends out renewal notices. I did not get one this year from my sheriff's office. Just mailed them a copy of my old CCW permit and a $20 check. Two days later permit was in my mailbox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It expired 10 months prior.  Plenty of time to renew.

I wonder if Sheriff Cochran sends out renewal notices. I did not get one this year from my sheriff's office. Just mailed them a copy of my old CCW permit and a $20 check. Two days later permit was in my mailbox.

Yes they do. I have renewed 2x and they sent notice in plenty of time.  They have 2-3 employees who do nothing but deal with pistol permits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
She must hate alligators.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top