Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2016 1:34:49 PM EDT
We live in a world where anyone can come out of the woodwork and claim that a man raped/touched them inappropriately and absolutely nuke his reputation.

Even the most moral, upstanding people can have their credibility come under serious question if one of these claims pops up. It doesn't matter if the claim is 100% fabricated, the damage is done.

Even if they end up in court over it and are found innocent, the stigma still remains.

Is there anything that can be done to prevent the innocent from having their credibility absolutely annihilated?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
24/7 Body cam. Everywhere you go, period.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We live in a world where anyone can come out of the woodwork and claim that a man raped/touched them inappropriately and absolutely nuke his reputation.

Even the most moral, upstanding people can have their credibility come under serious question if one of these claims pops up. It doesn't matter if the claim is 100% fabricated, the damage is done.

Even if they end up in court over it and are found innocent, the stigma still remains.

Is there anything that can be done to prevent the innocent from having their credibility absolutely annihilated?
View Quote

Only thing that will stop it is to smoke the accusers when they are found dishonest..And I mean smoke them, financially and criminally to the point the fuckers will think twice about doing it to begin with....As a guy, all you can do is not allow yourself to be put in any position that could promote such stuff....
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only thing that will stop it is to smoke the accusers when they are found dishonest..And I mean smoke them, financially and criminally to the point the fuckers will think twice about doing it to begin with....As a guy, all you can do is not allow yourself to be put in any position that could promote such stuff....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about where I am with it.

Cold revenge, it might take awhile, but the type of person to falsely accuse someone of something that could ruin them will fuck up at some point, and when they do you need to go on a total rampage to just stomp whatever anyone might think of them right into the mud.

Like take out a billboard "So and So was recently found guilty of filing fraudulent tax claims, did you also know that in 2004 she falsely accused a man of sexual misconduct, he was later cleared of all charges. So and So is a bad person, to associate with her will only end badly for you. If you see her in public, actively avoid her"
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been accused of it via hear-say. Fucking morons didn't realize I was dating the chick and took a bunch of words out of context. So I've got it in writing that it was all slander. I never want to go through that ordeal again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Demand proof. Thats all you can do.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
There are all kinds of land mines that make me shudder and think "for the grace of God goeth I".

Best way to avoid it is doing your best to avoid crazy and being cognizant of potentially compromising situations to avoid.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If you act respectable in the work place, those accusations usually won't stick.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill never forget when a gal joked about how she could tell the police I raped her when we got in a disagreement on where to go eat
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ill never forget when a gal joked about how she could tell the police I raped her when we got in a disagreement on where to go eat
View Quote

some twat made a stupid comment to me like that and I never talked to her again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
ContrarianIndicator raped me

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]
When I was a senior in high school, I had sex with a girl (who was not my date) on prom night.

She had ditched a boyfriend to come to the party where my group was at afterwards.

Luckily, it was in the wee hours of the morning and we were doing it in a living room where me, her and a bunch of her girlfriends were passed out.

At least two of the girls woke up, and were watching, giggiling and saying shit like "you guys are so disgusting" "get a room" etc.  Girl I was having sex with was on top.

About a week after prom, she got back with her boyfriend and told him I "forced" her to have sex.

If not for the witnesses, who were girls, I'm sure the accuser would have filed (false) charges.

I learned two things:

1. Dont fuck every female who throws herself at you, and

2. Don't be stupid, if the girlfriends want to watch, at least one of them might want to get in on it  (this was the 80's and I was green )
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and it is probably coming.  Guys are already refusing to get it on with girls because of this shit.

Get written consent and notarized.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

some twat made a stupid comment to me like that and I never talked to her again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah man I stopped the car and told her how it wasn't funny and its not a joke. I probably got too serious about it because she got pretty butt hurt

But that shits no fucking joke.

It was either that moment or when her kid came up and asked if I was his real dad that made me eject
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Remember my frequent comments on this.

Women lie.

Never assume that a woman's accusation is true without proof.....never.

Women lie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Watched a kids coach get thrown under the bus because a teen claimed he slapped her on the butt.

That's it.  She just claimed she got slapped one time on the butt.

Almost a year and a half later the teen's testimony blew up and the "witness" was caught outright lying.  Charges were dropped.

Family is close to bankruptcy.  The public\media has already judged him guilty.  He'll never go back to coaching even though that was his passion.

The fact that he had an affair, with a woman his age and he and his wife had worked though it years before, was now on public record.

Even if it was true a slap on the butt wasn't worth the punishment in my eyes.  But the horrible fact was the teen was lying and had conspired with another teen.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]
The news should be required to publish "victim/accuser" names, if they are going to publish "suspect" names.  

I can remember that Ted Kennedy's nephew (William Kennedy Smith) was accused and eventually found not guilty of rape.  But, I can't even begin to remember the accuser's name.

Note how the incident is treated today without a mention of the accuser's name..........

1991 sexual assault charge

In 1991, Smith was tried and acquitted on a charge of rape, represented by Miami-based criminal defense attorney Roy Black in a trial that attracted extensive media coverage.[6]

The incident began on the evening of Good Friday, March 29, 1991, when Smith, then 30 years old, was in a bar (named Au Bar) in Palm Beach, Florida, with his uncle, Senator Ted Kennedy, and his cousin Patrick J. Kennedy. Smith met a 29-year-old woman and another young woman at the bar. The five then went to a nearby house owned by the Kennedy family. Smith and the 29-year-old woman walked along the beach. The woman alleged that Smith raped her; Smith testified that they had consensual sex. Although three women were willing to testify that Smith had sexually assaulted them in incidents in the 1980s that were not reported to the police, their testimony was excluded.[7] Smith was acquitted of all charges.
View Quote

Quote was taken from Wikipedia.

For the record.....I don't even like Ted Kennedy.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump should've put up a time line.

NBC holds Bush interview for months, to release before 2nd debate.

All hell breaks loose, pushed by media.

During debater, A.Cooper pushes Trump over and over:Did this ever happen. finally, gets Trump to say No.

Airliner story out almost immediately.

Professionally produced, back ground music, etc. This had been ready for months? weeks?. Not a "I saw the debate and had to show my shame with the world.

This was all a planned, scheduled attack. If the truth mattered, it would have came out when discovered. Not when They can set the attacks for the most advantageous timing and shock value.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ContrarianIndicator raped me

View Quote
You're  lucky, at least he didn't use you for  a humidor.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I read once that the Reverend Dr. Billy Graham spent most of his adult life making sure he was never alone in the company of any woman other than a relative or his wife.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This and it is probably coming.  Guys are already refusing to get it on with girls because of this shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What college was it that recently started a policy that before any sexual contact both parties have to agree on why they're doing it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
The penalty for making a deliberately false accusation should be something close to the sentence the falsely accused would have received from the court.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't even have to be somebody you're familiar with.

I remember being a kid and we were down the street at the variety store with my mom and dad.  This was in the late 60s/early70s and there must have been some teenage girls there browsing and one of them was dropping F bombs left and right, around we kids.  My dad must have told her to 'watch her mouth' and she looked at him said something to the effect that 'I know how to deal with people like you...' and made a gesture like she was ripping her top.

I think that we all left the store at that point and this was in a nice neighborhood, not some trailer park.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What college was it that recently started a policy that before any sexual contact both parties have to agree on why they're doing it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sad part is, it's a good idea.

Most of what women are calling rape on campus was once called getting drunk and making poor choices.

I have two daughters, and I'm going to do my best to explain the difference when they get to their teens. Regret of a choice is not the same as lack of consent, if you have 4 shots and suddenly find that guy in the corner attractive enough to bang, how you feel about it the following day is a consequence of a choice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Define realistically.

Some people might go out of their way to ensure you never made it to trial if you cooked up an accusation like that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The penalty for making a deliberately false accusation should be something close to the sentence the falsely accused would have received from the court.  
View Quote

I think it should incur heavy financial penalties. If you really want to make people think about what they did, hit them in the wallet hard enough to leave a lasting impression.

I think retroactive coverage of all legal fees, missed work or career opportunities, and a small percentage for pain and suffering would cover it.

Financially ruin a few people that pull this stuff and it would probably make people think a little harder about it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Accusations of Rape and Murder don't matter if you are a Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I have seen this happen at work and the supervisor resigned after being exonerated from the charges.  Why would you want to stay and have the same people working for you?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]
They did a great Simpsons about this years ago.

Just be thankful there's a bunch of Scottsman recording everything. . . . . EVERYTHING
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the only way.  My step-daughter made some vague accusations against me 20 years ago, and they still get talked about.  The accused can NEVER prove himself innocent.  All he can ever do is prove that she has no actual evidence other than her word against his.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah man I stopped the car and told her how it wasn't funny and its not a joke. I probably got too serious about it because she got pretty butt hurt

It was either that moment or when her kid came up and asked if I was his real dad that made me eject
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that thread if it's the same chick.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I remember being a kid and we were down the street at the variety store with my mom and dad.  This was in the late 60s/early70s and there must have been some teenage girls there browsing and one of them was dropping F bombs left and right, around we kids.  My dad must have told her to 'watch her mouth' and she looked at him said something to the effect that 'I know how to deal with people like you...' and made a gesture like she was ripping her top.

I think that we all left the store at that point and this was in a nice neighborhood, not some trailer park.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

You can take the trash out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the white trash.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Let's wait and see what Trump does with his.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Lengthy prison sentences and being sued into oblivion. And make it so that you can't discharge suit in bankruptcy
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#34]
If you want actual justice for false accusations, the only way is vigilante justice.  We have a legal system where lying is ok if you're a protected class.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Go with a winning strategy.  It worked with Herman Cain 6 years ago.  So the press/GOP-E/Democrats thinks it will work with Trump
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

That one is a keeper, I hope you married her.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Run tape. Download an app on your phone. and the second someone starts saying stuff start recording. Catch the lies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I worked with a guy at a school district that was accused of touching a special needs girl in-appropriately. Bus driver aide. There was no way it happened, but it was your standard she said, he said. Poor bastard got fired, lost a lot of his friends. People called him a child molester. He didn't go to jail, don't know why. It broke him mentally because he couldn't prove his innocence. Fast forward a couple of years and the girl admitted she made the story up because he had made her mad.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

i respond by telling her the cops cant unrape her,  then giggle, then walk away
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it should be much much worse.
If I stand to do 10 years, your false accusation gets you 30.  My reputation and finances are destroyed by you, I want some serious consequences there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I read once that the Reverend Dr. Billy Graham spent most of his adult life making sure he was never alone in the company of any woman other than a relative or his wife.
View Quote

My practice has been the same since I was 19-20 years old.

ONE time in my life I rode in a car with  woman alone who was not related to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

what about when the accusation is just made to people you know and not reported to the police?  your life can be just as fucked when friends, family and your employer hear a false accusation
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If I stand to do 10 years, your false accusation gets you 30.  My reputation and finances are destroyed by you, I want some serious consequences there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to deter frivolous false accusations without giving cover to rapists.

It will be hard enough to get radfems to agree to equality and balance in this matter.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#45]
A big hill to climb.
Most people are inclined to believe when a woman claims she was sexually assaulted or harassed.
And then how does one defend himself against a blatant lie?

My brother served three days as a juror on a sketchy rape trial in the early 1990's.
When I was talking about the acquittal to several people at work the women were universally hostile towards me and all I was doing is repeating what he told me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#46]
About all you can do is grab them by the pussy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Killdozer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Rah rah zis toom bah,,,,,kick 'em in the ass and go ha ha.

That is about the extent of what can/will be done.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
About all you can do is grab them by the pussy.
View Quote

The only pussy I trust is my cat.

I recall a quote about women.  "How can anyone trust a creature that bleeds for a week every month and lives?"
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#50]
There was a bunch of folks in CA that have a bit to say on the subject. I think they ran a day care back in the 90s.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top