Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2016 10:26:22 AM EDT

Immigrants rights protesters brought rush-hour chaos to the George Washington Bridge on Wednesday morning, shutting off four lanes of inbound traffic for nearly an hour.

Ten protesters – seven men and three women – blocked eastbound traffic on the upper level of the span at 8:15 a.m., law enforcement sources said.

Port Authority police immediately shut down all four inbound lanes as officers moved in for the arrests, officials said.

By 8:30 a.m. two of the four lanes were reopened and all four were back in operation by 8:50 a.m., authorities said.

Backup on the bridge led to 90-minute delays for motorists caught behind the protest.

A group calling itself #WeAreVisible – and its Spanish translation #SomosVisible – claimed responsibility for bridge shutdown.

Link
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Would anyone not support open borders if we got rid of the welfare state?

Don't say terrorist bombings, the only way to "prevent" violence is to make all of society a prison.

And prisons aren't without violence.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
NY.  Don't care.  Reaping and sowing, all that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvsVv1mWgAAKCai.jpg

Immigrants rights protesters brought rush-hour chaos to the George Washington Bridge on Wednesday morning, shutting off four lanes of inbound traffic for nearly an hour.

Ten protesters – seven men and three women – blocked eastbound traffic on the upper level of the span at 8:15 a.m., law enforcement sources said.

Port Authority police immediately shut down all four inbound lanes as officers moved in for the arrests, officials said.

By 8:30 a.m. two of the four lanes were reopened and all four were back in operation by 8:50 a.m., authorities said.

Backup on the bridge led to 90-minute delays for motorists caught behind the protest.

A group calling itself #WeAreVisible – and its Spanish translation #SomosVisible – claimed responsibility for bridge shutdown.

Link
View Quote

Dupe
New York: SJWs have chained themselves together on the George Washington bridge
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't say terrorist bombings, the only way to "prevent" violence is to make all of society a prison.

View Quote

I do not support open borders.
It's hard to have an independent nation with our own constitution if some other entity tells us how to run our country.

It's bad enough that Mexico tries to tell us how to run our country while unloading all of their criminals, and any migrants from South America on us every day. Right now we ignore the borders and we are drowning in shit that flows in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I say get rid of the welfare state, and I would then still NOT accept open borders.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
And when do we get the wiki info this goes back to the DNC????
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
The evil side of me wonders what would happen if someone in a Brodozer hooked his chain to theirs?? And left the AO???
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]
excuse me, I won't be late to work, excuse me
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The evil side of me wonders what would happen if someone in a Brodozer hooked his chain to theirs?? And left the AO???
View Quote

More interesting than a set of Truck Nutz.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I say get rid of the welfare state, and I would then still NOT accept open borders.
View Quote

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#11]

It took an hour to arrest 10 people?

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Dude on the bike could have shot the gap or just taken the banner like he was crossing a footrace finish line.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's PAPD, those are some of the highest paid cops in the country, you know they are going to make heavy cream come out of that cow
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#14]
They're just standing there, why didn't the guy on the bike go on by
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd drive right through those Fuckers, slowly perhaps but through nevertheless.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Seven people?

Mow them down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought they are a laundry service union that wants recognition and more voice in the "democratic" platform.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NY.  Don't care.  Reaping and sowing, all that.
View Quote

You should care. This problem is not localized to ny or nj but spreading throughout the us.  

The protestors are outnumbering the police in many places
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#21]
People need to start driving through these.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Getting rid of all the free shit would take care of the border problem-supply and demand.

They would not come here if their kids weren't allowed in school,no one would hire them,no food stamps,tax "refunds",welfare,medical care,etc...

Borders are necessary
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Did their elected mayor order the scumbags released immediately, then Suspend the arresting officers?

Sad place
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck open borders.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Did Chris Christie order this shit
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck open borders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck open borders.

What's wrong with our ancestors coming here?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#27]
This is how some solve the problem

SUV speeds through roadblock
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
a small group of people should not be allowed to inconvenience thousands of folks just trying to work.

States should legislate and enforce strict penalties for this. , , , mandatory prison time may do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#30]
There are some good responses here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wlf2Km_mY4
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Impressive. To the audacious go the spoils.

The undeserving are bold enough to take everything they want, and the legitimately deserving are losing everything they rightfully possess.

When was the last time a well-attended, well-organized group of pro 2A CITIZENS shut down the GW Bridge?

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

We would still have illegal immigration without the welfare state, and the main problems would remain: a different culture, a security problem, and jobs.

CA is a Dem safe state because of immigration. Latin Americans come from countries with strong central governments and no real rule of law, an this is a result of the culture.

Security is a real problem as well. "Preventing all violence" isn't the goal, the goal is preventing the violence that can and will be imported into our country via illegals. Germany wasn't crime free before the refugees but that does not change the fact that the refugees brought more crime with them.

Open borders is outright insanity unless you are a Democrat looking to increase the base.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck open borders.

Tell us where yours were from, then we will tell you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Legal immigration is fine. My buddies German wife took 2 years to get approval.

And my Great Grandparents went through Ellis Island legally, and I have see the documents on their website.

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legal immigration is fine. My buddies German wife took 2 years to get approval.

And my Great Grandparents went through Ellis Island legally, and I have see the documents on their website.

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger

I wouldn't say any and all legal immigration is fine. It depends on what is legal.

The immigration law should be designed to benefit the nation. But the '60s Kennedy law is intended to benefit the Democrat with votes.

It might be legal for Obama to import Muslim refugees but that doesn't mean it's fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
The governor of NJ does it and the more liberal than he folks wanted him indicted.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Easy way to solve protestors like this-

Get two cars and a length of rope.

Drive two cars on oppossite sides of protestors.  

Drive away with problem.

Solved
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Drive through them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#38]
"Resist, Organized, Rise Up" Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Impressive. To the audacious go the spoils.

The undeserving are bold enough to take everything they want, and the legitimately deserving are losing everything they rightfully possess.

When was the last time a well-attended, well-organized group of pro 2A CITIZENS shut down the GW Bridge?

View Quote

Damn,I bet that would have worked in NY!!

Probably still could if you get the numbers-bye bye SAFE  ACT and maybe even the Sullivan Act!!!

You want change,you need the numbers to vote them out-that is all they care about.Protest all you want,but if you don't have the numbers to remove them from office,they aren't going to care.

Same at the Federal level.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Car drivers need to remove their car antennas, hold them in their left hands and use the protestors as piñatas as they drive through at speed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We would still have illegal immigration without the welfare state, and the main problems would remain: a different culture, a security problem, and jobs.

CA is a Dem safe state because of immigration. Latin Americans come from countries with strong central governments and no real rule of law, an this is a result of the culture.

Security is a real problem as well. "Preventing all violence" isn't the goal, the goal is preventing the violence that can and will be imported into our country via illegals. Germany wasn't crime free before the refugees but that does not change the fact that the refugees brought more crime with them.

Open borders is outright insanity unless you are a Democrat looking to increase the base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would millions come here if there was nothing here for them?

No anchor babies.No jobs (stiff penalties for hiring them),no welfare,no foodstamps,not allowed in school,no tax "refunds",etc...

Sure you will always have some kind of illegal immigration,but without the pot of gold we supply at the end of the rainbow,it would cut the numbers significantly (not that it has a chance in hell of happening).
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#42]
That semi should have cleared the way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Can they do it again on election day?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#45]
A better vid

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Where is Bro-Dozer and his Truck when you need him

Fuck illegal Aliens and their Enablers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#47]
What the fuck is that biker doing. There is a gap full throttle that bitch
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What the fuck is that biker doing. There is a gap full throttle that bitch
View Quote

Probably with them... and everyone in the first row
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd drive right through those Fuckers, slowly perhaps but through nevertheless.
View Quote

You just know the guy second in line is thinking the same damn thing, but some goody-two-shoes in their Jeep Liberty won't get the fuck out of the way!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's PAPD, those are some of the highest paid cops in the country, you know they are going to make heavy cream come out of that cow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's PAPD, those are some of the highest paid cops in the country, you know they are going to make heavy cream come out of that cow.

They probably spent the first 50 minutes arguing about who gets to make the arrest.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top