User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Old Grandad
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
For everyday sippin', I really like Corner Creek.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Knob Creek for my everyday choice here.
View Quote

Same here. I keep hearing people say Evan Williams is ok, but I thought it tasted like garbage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/fourinchespyle/media/A6A0DAA3-E6CC-4950-A143-412F9248DE04.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/fourinchespyle/A6A0DAA3-E6CC-4950-A143-412F9248DE04.jpg</a>
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Larceny is my go-to these days. Costs me $28, but that's only a buck more than Buffalo Trace which is also good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larceny has been my bourbon of choice lately. Small batch, but I get it locally for $22/750ml.

Larceny is my go-to these days. Costs me $28, but that's only a buck more than Buffalo Trace which is also good.

I've been buying some of that as well lately.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jim beam /thread
View Quote

This gets my vote for my favorite hacking around Bourbon.

Can't recall if I have tried lower end Evan Williams.  If it doesn't taste like shit and cause blindness or splitting headaches I may have to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Evan Williams is my "everyday" drink.(but I don't drink it everyday)

I really like their 9 year old single batch but at $70 /bottle I don't buy it very often.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Weller special reserve is my favorite cheap bourbon. I can't find it so I'm going back and forth between Larceny and Buffalo Trace.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Old Forrester
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not bourbon but what's wrong with a Jack N Coke Ice?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone tried Rebel Yell? I like wheated bourbon and was told that this was a cheaper version of Larceny.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Weller special reserve is my favorite cheap bourbon. I can't find it so I'm going back and forth between Larceny and Buffalo Trace.
View Quote

If your booze dealer can get Buffalo Trace, they can get Weller. It's made by Buffalo Trace.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I did a bunch of blind taste testing at home once and was rather pleased EW came out so well and was the least expensive of the bunch.  If you all don't mind, go ahead and ignore it.  I'd hate to see it rise up to the price of rot gut JD.  Talk about marketing...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My cheap drinking bourbon is....Evan Williams. I get 1.75L for about $21.00 including tax.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If your booze dealer can get Buffalo Trace, they can get Weller. It's made by Buffalo Trace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weller, in any form, is in short supply in many areas.

It has been extremely rare to see any in my area for the last two or three years.

I was in a local store recently (a store that I go to regularly) and they had some hidden in the back and he let me have one bottle.

I need to make a road trip to an area where it is plentiful and buy a couple cases.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyday
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Buffalo Trace, Maker's Mark and Dirty Bird 101 are my daily rotation.

It's a shame BT prices went up.  Used to be able to get it at $18 a bottle by me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyday
View Quote

A wise man once said, "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
It's hard to beat something barrel proof for a daily drinker when it gets cold.

Then again, I really like buffalo trace bourbons.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Old Grand Dad Bonded
Evan Williams Bonded
Old Forester

And surprisingly,   Ancient Age is pretty tasty (made by Buffalo Trace I believe)
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Buffalo Trace is the answer here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
another vote for W.L. Weller
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old Forrester

This

Their Prohibition Style is really good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not bourbon but what's wrong with a Jack N Coke?
View Quote

The Jack  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It has been extremely rare to see any in my area for the last two or three years.

I was in a local store recently (a store that I go to regularly) and they had some hidden in the back and he let me have one bottle.

I need to make a road trip to an area where it is plentiful and buy a couple cases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weller Special Reserve is hardly worth the effort, and Old Weller Antique barely is, IMHO.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Woodford is the best bang for buck there is... (not my favorite overall, that would be Basil Hayden, but the best overall value).

But if you want cheap as possible without being swill... I'd say Evan Williams 1783.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Buffalo Trace
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bulleit is my everyday sippin' whiskey.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Woodford is the best bang for buck there is... (not my favorite overall, that would be Basil Hayden, but the best overall value).

But if you want cheap as possible without being swill... I'd say Evan Williams 1783.
View Quote

If you like Basil Hayden, try the 100 proof Old Granddad.  Basil Hayden's portrait is on the bottle and it's $17 a fifth around here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Weller Special Reserve is hardly worth the effort, and Old Weller Antique barely is, IMHO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it was readily available and cost about $25 or less, it was a great daily drinker.

I really would like to be able to keep some on hand but was joking about road tripping.

The people that keep writing articles comparing it to Pappy have caused the shortage.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#32]
For the money, Old Weller Antique 107 is #1 in my book.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Jim Beam Double Oaked
Jim Beam Black
4 Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Eagle Rare

Evan Williams is awful. Every kind.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#34]
E W will do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No argument.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
View Quote

Yep. Evan is about my favorite of the bottom shelf. A few of the 10 year Evan single barrels have been some of my favoritesof the top shelf.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where are you getting 1.75L of buffalo trace for $25?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buffalo Trace for me.

Yep.  Simple, a bit of sweetness, no harshness...a nice little every-day bourbon.

I concur & for $25 for 1.75L it's affordable as well

Where are you getting 1.75L of buffalo trace for $25?

No kidding
It's $38 or so here
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
The coke. And Jack Daniel's meets the criteria to be a bourbon. It's called a Tennessee whiskey because it is also charcoal mellowed

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

The dilution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Was out running errands so I decided to look at the Evan Williams.  Beam usually runs $31 a 1.75, and the green EW was 16 and the black was 26.  I decided to try the black, the plastic bottle on the green was consisted a warning sign.

Drinking it neat, not as smooth as Beam. But Beam is for Bourbon and Cokes and the EW seems to be a decent mixer. I'll stick with Bulleit and Buffalo Trace for when I want Bourbon straight up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top