Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2016 5:18:48 PM EDT
I know with a solid or jointed rod you can knock out a stuck case. But what about a flexible cleaning rod like a otis???

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't see how.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Doubtful. It will not push a patch in that's for sure. I try on pistols where the patch holder will not fit in the breech.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
To get the flexible rod firm enough to remove stuck casings follow these instructions.

Apply lube to flexible rod.

Rub flexible rod up and down at a medium to fast pace.

After awhile the flexible rod will become ridged, and can be used to push out stuck casings.

WARNING: Do not rub to long, rod will spurt fluid and revert to flexible state for 10 to 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To get the flexible rod firm enough to remove stuck casings follow these instructions.

Apply lube to flexible rod.

Rub flexible rod up and down at a medium to fast pace.

After awhile the flexible rod will become ridged, and can be used to push out stuck casings.

WARNING: Do not rub to long, rod will spurt fluid and revert to flexible state for 10 to 30 minutes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
the military style kits have a multi piece hard rod as well as pull through cables. I haven't seen "flexible" rods in the otis kits. just cables and multi piece brass rods.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top