Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/24/2016 5:31:18 PM EDT
You know, the guy who ran for President of the US in 2004...  was John Kerry's VP nomination on the Democrat ticket...  ran again for PoTUS in 2008...  was a US Senator from North Carolina.  The $4K haircut or whatever it was?  Yeah, that guy.  Then the one who was found out by the National Enquirer for having a mistress and love child while his wife was dying of cancer - and then he concocted a story that one of his campaign managers was the father of the kid...  and then used campaign funds to pay his mistress?  Yeah, that guy.

Well, I was curious what he was up to.  Call me nostalgic.  I'll be doing the same in several years with Hillary Clinton.  Anyway...   so apparently he's still alive.  He's working as a personal injury lawyer in Pitt County, North Carolina.

"I was recently headed to Raleigh for a business venture when I noticed that former North Carolina Senator John Edwards was awaiting the same flight.

Yes, Edwards was at Philadelphia International Airport riding coach on Delta. No, there was no massive security or attention. In fact, nobody actually noticed him.

Sitting slouched in the terminal, his once admirable movie star looks and charm were replaced with a now sunken glare and a noticeable round potbelly. His luggage wasn’t fancy, nor was his demeanor.

Edwards, who ran for President in 2008, now looked like a Chevy Chase/National Lampoon-type of dad. It was almost alarming that nobody recognized him. I gave him a subtle wave and he exchanged a hesitant grin. It was very clear that he didn’t want any type of attention and I almost had to Google why.

I finally convinced myself that it might stroke his ego a little if I asked for a selfie. He acted as though he was too disheveled to engage, and swiftly declined. It was very clear that public shame had taken its toll on the man once praised for calling the country out on its class division. The face-to-face viewing of a man who was once in the spotlight and now discarded as a pariah was a scary sight to see."

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a despicable human being.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Lost me at " shame".
He has none.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That Breck Girl tho!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
FJE.  Comes from the same moral and ethical bowels that birthed the Clintons and progressives in genral.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad he hasn't died yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
2008? It was 2004
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Like all liberals.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The fact he still has the where with all to sit in an airport makes me sad.  Creeps like him should end up under bridges eating from dumpsters.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
fuck him, I wish the same for HRC and Bubba, oh, wait, haven't they both been disbarred?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Reminds me of Peter Keating or James Taggart
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Two carry on roller bags? Still being a first class douche bag.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
fuck him, I wish the same for HRC and Bubba, oh, wait, haven't they both been disbarred?
View Quote

Neither of them have been disbarred, though Bill's license was suspended for five years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy in the Russian Tuxedo is actually his protection detail. He's currently arranging a date on Backpage for Mr.Edwards at their destination.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Jon Edwards. Gary Hart. Bill Clinton. All Democrats and all were hunted down by the press for sex scandals. So was Donald Trump. They all denied it and that set off the press just like a matador's cape to a bull.

The press doesn't care. All the press wants to do is sell papers or gain ratings to sell to advertisers. Give the press the choice of covering a salacious sex story or a policy story and it will pick the ugly sex filled one every time. Every time.

All Trump had to do was admit it (the bus film) and warned that if you looked, you could find worse, but that was all in the past and he's changed. And then let it go. The story would've died.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The fact he still has the where with all to sit in an airport makes me sad.  Creeps like him should end up under bridges eating from dumpsters.  
View Quote

That's not low enough for him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
He's a piece of work.
I thought he was loaded.

Democrat Values
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like all liberals. politicians  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like all liberals. politicians  

there, I fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#18]
He's scum.  

Ambulance chaser of the highest order.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
He's a world-class shitbag. Glad to hear karma has arrived at his doorstep.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#20]

He still has nice hair.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Neither of them have been disbarred, though Bill's license was suspended for five years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I stand corrected, thanks for setting me straight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#22]

That guy, fuck him.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
There's fewer syllables in "politician"

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#24]
No "ha ha" Nelson pic yet?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is a despicable human being but the story of OP's is better than his pic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Edwards was a smooth-talking, articulate, liberal crowd pleaser.

If he had been anything other than a straight while male, the DNC would have buried all that laundry and he would be a POTUS contender.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Did the man lose all of his money in the divorce, because as I recall the man made a fortune suing big tobacco.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Surprised he would be flying coach anywhere.  He lives in a 28k sq ft estate and is worth like $50 million.  He was one of the most successful ambulance chasers in the country prior to getting into politics.  I wouldn't be surprised if every doctor in NC refused to treat him when he dies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did the man lose all of his money in the divorce, because as I recall the man made a fortune suing big tobacco.
View Quote

+1  The guy was retarded rich before he ran.  I can't imagine it all went away.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I too thought Bill had been disbarred for the perjury rap, until I brought it up in a "Bill Clinton is a dirt-bag" argument I was having with one of my former law professors.  I did not win on that point.

Hillary did fail the D.C. bar exam, so you can make fun of her for that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#31]
If John Edwards had purchased a 50 cent condom, he could have been president.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Better call John
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Amazing he isn't working as a lobbyist like most former congress critters do.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The POS was a major player in causing the 2007 housing crisis.
In the '90s as a Clinton Federal prosecutor he pressured banks to lower lending standards under threat of discrimination charges. This led directly to the bad lending that nearly ruined our economy.

May he suffer gay shark blow job AIDS  and die alone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#35]
He cheated one of our clients out of the custom home this particular client built for him in NC.

After the contractor finished the home, Edwards told him he had found another one, and he wasn't going to pay for it.

"If you take me to court, I'll eat you alive.  I'm a powerful attorney.  You wouldn't last a day!"

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck him. Slimeball piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's a workout the Brett Girl can do to cut that belly fat:

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Amazing he isn't working as a lobbyist like most former congress critters do.
View Quote

Somehow, I don't think he retained many friends on the hill.  He's not a person that other politicians really want to be associated with, apparently.  The whole 'messing around while your wife slowly dies of cancer' thing is a turnoff to most, regardless of political affiliation.  Whodathunkit?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#40]
According to Wiki his net worth is $55.5 million.

POS is probably flying on somebody else's dime.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If John Edwards had purchased a 50 cent condom, he could have been president.  
View Quote

That thought is probably not lost on him.

Which is entirely fine with me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#42]
You will see no tear shed from me..
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Antigunner, 'it's a privilege not a right' asshole.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The guy in the Russian Tuxedo is actually his protection detail. He's currently arranging a date on Backpage for Mr.Edwards at their destination.
View Quote

She strong like bull....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Jon Edwards. Gary Hart. Bill Clinton. All Democrats and all were hunted down by the press for sex scandals. So was Donald Trump. They all denied it and that set off the press just like a matador's cape to a bull.

The press doesn't care. All the press wants to do is sell papers or gain ratings to sell to advertisers. Give the press the choice of covering a salacious sex story or a policy story and it will pick the ugly sex filled one every time. Every time.

All Trump had to do was admit it (the bus film) and warned that if you looked, you could find worse, but that was all in the past and he's changed. And then let it go. The story would've died.
View Quote

Youre naïve the democrat standard vs the non-demcocrat standard  (hello McFly double standards)  98% percent of the media is a propaganda arm of the democrat party there is no objective reporting they are activists disguising as "reporters"
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the doorstep of that Chapel Hill mansion he owns with a fleet of Chevy Tahoe to shuttle him around while he tells us we should drive a Prius? That doorstep?

Fuck John Edwards with a rusty tire iron.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Ask how his wife is feeling.

ooooooooh
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top