BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because the firemen were Irish, those tools were called Hooligans by guys in my neighborhood, not only the Italian guys but the Irish guys would call them Hooligans
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a time, the sgts carried a bunch of tools in their cars to deal with edps those didn't look so good, so they took them out.

Get the shepherd's crook !!!
Have you ever seen a fireman swing a Hooligan? The sight of 5 huge Irishmen with something that can bash your brain and puncture at the same time was enough to scare the bejesus out of gang tough guys

Halligan.  A hooligan is very different.
Because the firemen were Irish, those tools were called Hooligans by guys in my neighborhood, not only the Italian guys but the Irish guys would call them Hooligans

Try ordering one off the internet then and see what shows up in the mailbox.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lol.
Water cannon. Y bar
What was old shall become new again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a time, the sgts carried a bunch of tools in their cars to deal with edps those didn't look so good, so they took them out.

Lol.
Water cannon. Y bar
What was old shall become new again

Was there ever a water cannon that actually had water in it or was actually charged?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMO anyone who views a 66 year old woman with a bat as a mortal threat to an able bodied man is a coward and shouldn't be wearing a badge. flame away
View Quote

You base this on what experience, exactly?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever seen a fireman swing a Hooligan? The sight of 5 huge Irishmen with something that can bash your brain and puncture at the same time was enough to scare the bejesus out of gang tough guys

I don't get it either.   Cobra-ak uses a rather unique collection of inside sports phrases.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't get it either.   Cobra-ak uses a rather unique collection of inside sports phrases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a Halligan tool, but the street name is Hooligan in reference to the predominantly Irish FDNY back in the 60's and 70's

Hooligan or Halligan
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A baseball bat is a fucking deadly weapon. Not a failure, IMO.
View Quote

This!  What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Really?

So if someone comes at you with a baseball bat after repeated commands to stop and you would not shoot if you had a CCW????
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Uh...really?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://images1.villagevoice.com/imager/u/745xauto/9242695/101916nypd.jpg

As she attempted to strike the sergeant he fired two shots from his service revolver striking her in the torso."

Uh...really?  

Yeah, NYPD has a ton of revolvers in service.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://images1.villagevoice.com/imager/u/745xauto/9242695/101916nypd.jpgAs she attempted to strike the sergeant he fired two shots from his service revolver striking her in the torso."

Uh...really?  

Not anymore, I think there's less than 200 cops now who still have service revolvers. A lot still have .38 BUGs though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not anymore, I think there's less than 200 cops now who still have service revolvers. A lot still have .38 BUGs though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://images1.villagevoice.com/imager/u/745xauto/9242695/101916nypd.jpgAs she attempted to strike the sergeant he fired two shots from his service revolver striking her in the torso."

Uh...really?  

Two hundred is more tha  my first agency.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#12]
That will be the end of an era when there are no more duty revolvers at NYPD. I own a model 10 stamped NYPD I got from Wave on the EE
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That will be the end of an era when there are no more duty revolvers at NYPD. I own a model 10 stamped NYPD I got from Wave on the EE
View Quote

My friend just retired, he carried a .38 for 30 years.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuk that guy....GOOD shoot!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuk that guy....GOOD shoot!!!!
View Quote

It was a woman, Oneill too
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is that the target used for threat training has 5 targets on it. Guy with badge, guy with gun. Guy with knife. Guy with bat  

A test of deadly force justification asks if which scenario allows for the use of deadly force.
The correct answer or that set of circumstances was a guy swinging a bat.

I don't know all of the facts in this case, but the taser was not supposed to be deployed in deadly force encounters in case it failed.
That's one of the failures of only having the sgts equipped with the taser.

There are other procedures that he may or may not have followed and maybe the commissioner thinks he could have or should have done something else but that sounds more like opinion than fact.  It would appear the higher ups are more concerned with the optics than reality.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2839553.1477055746!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/bat21n-1-web.jpg

No car keys or broomstick up the ass . It looks like all 5 get shot and 12 bystanders in NYC
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Try ordering one off the internet then and see what shows up in the mailbox.
View Quote

Ebay
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow. If you think the cops are slowing down already statements likes this and it will come to a complete stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/161024-nypd-commissioner-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=915

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/4b3mrwjs-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300

Police Commissioner James O’Neill stuck to his guns Monday over the cop shooting of a 66-year-old mentally ill woman in The Bronx, still insisting that the department failed in its handling of the fatal incident.
He added to reporters that he could withstand the withering criticism he’s been getting from police-union leaders over his comments, which have been called grossly premature considering that the sergeant who fired the fatal shot hasn’t even been interviewed by the department.

“I’ve been in this business a long time. I have pretty thick skin,” the top cop said when asked about criticism from.Sergeants Benevolent Association President Ed Mullins and Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.
Mullins said during his Sunday radio interview that O’Neill was too quick to criticize the police department and had been “neutered” by Mayor de Blasio.

Wow. If you think the cops are slowing down already statements likes this and it will come to a complete stop.

NY is going to get the PD it deserves.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/161024-nypd-commissioner-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=915

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/4b3mrwjs-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300

Police Commissioner James O’Neill stuck to his guns Monday over the cop shooting of a 66-year-old mentally ill woman in The Bronx, still insisting that the department failed in its handling of the fatal incident.
He added to reporters that he could withstand the withering criticism he’s been getting from police-union leaders over his comments, which have been called grossly premature considering that the sergeant who fired the fatal shot hasn’t even been interviewed by the department.

“I’ve been in this business a long time. I have pretty thick skin,” the top cop said when asked about criticism from.Sergeants Benevolent Association President Ed Mullins and Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.
Mullins said during his Sunday radio interview that O’Neill was too quick to criticize the police department and had been “neutered” by Mayor de Blasio.

Both of you guys are in La-La Land, I have lived thru complete stops, 50 years ago things were so bad we used to call the FDNY on the red call boxes, they would show up in minutes. You would only see cops if a cop got shot or a gun was stolen from a cop. We would get a group of guys and when the cops would come we would sing in chorus "Car 54, where are you"
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The FBI confirmed Monday that Donald Trump’s right: America’s murder rate is spiking. New data show homicides rose 11 percent in 2015, with overall violent crime up 4 percent.

Trump rightly warned that this is a particular crisis for poor minorities, since the rise is mainly an urban one: “Homicides last year increased by 17 percent in America’s 50 largest cities,” he said. “That’s the largest increase in 25 years.”

Critics huffed — but the fact-checkers had to concede he’s right. The Washington Post confirmed Trump’s figure in July. The New York Times this month said murders soared 14 percent in the 100 biggest cities, with half the jump coming from just seven: Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Milwaukee, Nashville and Washington.

New York City actually was part of the grim 2015 trend, with homicides up 6 percent. But the NYPD took aggressive steps to adjust, and 2016’s numbers are looking much better.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/fbi-stats-back-up-trumps-warning-on-crime/

De-policing is real and so is cooking the crime stat books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both of you guys are in La-La Land, I have lived thru complete stops, 50 years ago things were so bad we used to call the FDNY on the red call boxes, they would show up in minutes. You would only see cops if a cop got shot or a gun was stolen from a cop. We would get a group of guys and when the cops would come we would sing in chorus "Car 54, where are you"

The FBI confirmed Monday that Donald Trump’s right: America’s murder rate is spiking. New data show homicides rose 11 percent in 2015, with overall violent crime up 4 percent.

Trump rightly warned that this is a particular crisis for poor minorities, since the rise is mainly an urban one: “Homicides last year increased by 17 percent in America’s 50 largest cities,” he said. “That’s the largest increase in 25 years.”

Critics huffed — but the fact-checkers had to concede he’s right. The Washington Post confirmed Trump’s figure in July. The New York Times this month said murders soared 14 percent in the 100 biggest cities, with half the jump coming from just seven: Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Milwaukee, Nashville and Washington.

New York City actually was part of the grim 2015 trend, with homicides up 6 percent. But the NYPD took aggressive steps to adjust, and 2016’s numbers are looking much better.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/fbi-stats-back-up-trumps-warning-on-crime/

De-policing is real and so is cooking the crime stat books.
It's not only poor minorities but well off minorities and white people on the fringes, I am sure the numbers are skewed, I would never trust anything out of COMPSTAT
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

La la land in what way?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

La la land in what way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

La la land in what way?
You can't compare civilization, morals, decency, law and order where you live with what goes on in NYC
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You can't compare civilization, morals, decency, law and order where you live with what goes on in NYC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

La la land in what way?

And society has changed quite a bit since those days.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#26]
O'neill meets all NYPD union bosses in closed door sessions

The city’s top cop is holding a private, closed-door meeting with NYPD unions heads Friday morning – his first face-to-face session with them since condemning the police shooting of a mentally ill Bronx woman, sources told The Post.

Center stage at Commissioner James O’Neill’s powwow at NYPD headquarters will be the case of 66-year-old schizophrenic Deborah Danner, who was shot dead on Oct. 18 by Sgt. Hugh Barry in her bedroom when cops said she came after him with a bat.

O’Neill, alongside Mayor de Blasio, said that the shooting was a clear violation of protocol, declaring, “we failed.”

The statement shocked and angered NYPD union leaders, who claim the shooting was by the book.

Ed Mullins, head of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, has released a copy of a police firing-range target that he said proves the shooting was justified.

Link
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top