Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Donation coming, saddest thing i heard in a long time, i'm going to show this to my vet and non-vet friends,
and hopefully they will pass it on to their friends so we can get a chain reaction of donations going...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
My heart goes out to the family and friends of the family.

As some here have expressed adopting the boys, I can help you out some too. It won't save a ton of money, but I will work with your employer for free and set up an account that lets up to about 14k in fees towards the adoption and costs be paid with money that is deducted from your pay check prior to taxes being withheld. If anyone in the states does the adoption please let me know if you would like this done. It won't take much work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This is just unfathomable.  I remember Stryker and the thread about his passing.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's two.

You are a Mensch,.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talked with the family.  Offer of a home from a former 11A if needed.  I have the room and the money.  It will be tight but we will work it out.  Whoever is POC for the family can IM me for contact details.

That's two.

You are a Mensch,.

Both of you are inspirational.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Dear God

I'll give what I can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
primuspilum, check your IM's, please.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Good lord.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure how to go about this, for the adoption of their boys. I'm willing to
give them a good home here in North Idaho. I have to def talk to my wife.
I have 3 boys and had guardianship of another who is now 18 and doing
good in life.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Donated and posted to Facebook.
View Quote

Ditto, I also posted to Facebook and asked others to share it.  If we get enough exposure on FB the donations should start rolling in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not in a position to take on boys, but I can chip in a few dollars and share the link as far and wide as I can.

This breaks my heart..
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Donated.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Donated

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Godspeed guys.  

Some great people around here. I can't wait to be in a position to help with things like this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
that makes my heart ache
View Quote

Same here

Kicked in some funds and praying for a miracle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No.

I'll leave it at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those poor kids. Do they have any family or are they going into the system?

My understanding is very little in the way of family and the one available adult is not suitable guardian material.

The memorial says Patrick had brothers & sisters. Kids can't go there?

No.

I'll leave it at that.

I was about to ask the same.   Fucking horrible, so sad.   Donation made.   Such good people on this site.   Sylvan, wow, I always knew I liked you...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Godspeed guys.  

Some great people around here. I can't wait to be in a position to help with things like this.
View Quote

Use your talents.  Some folks have money to give, some have a loving home to offer, some can start lawnmowers.  You never know what will make a difference.  Give what you have.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in..for cash.
but ArfCom, this could be the ultimate test. if someone and his wife could step forward to and talk to Strykers_11As wife to make sure there are arrangements for the boys that would be the greatest sense of peace to her.

this is horrible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#20]
In, and contacted the fund organizer about the boys.  This broke me up.  My girls are grown and my house could use some noise again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Holy Hell.
He had been in my gun shop (In Mt Penn) years ago. ('09-'11) Never knew he was a member here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing new substantive to report other than I've been in contact with Fuffy on some of the finer points of Canadian law.

(Big help there, thanks Fluffy).

Our US effort is being run by our old XO, who I'll just refer to as XO from now on.

Been in contact with XO to give Fluffy's POC info and to give bullet points on Fluffy's comments.

When Pat died, XO and Mrs. XO basically held Mariah's hand through the funeral process and made everything happen.  She was healthy then, now, it's going to be more challenging, I think. (as I noted above, she never recovered from Pat's death.  No drug use or alcoholism or anything, but in my layman's terms, depression.  I'm going to leave it at that.).

They are not on the ground in Canada yet, but both are going, hopefully next week.  (XO is now a P.A. and Mrs. XO is an ER Doctor, they have young kids.).  They are making arrangements, lining up childcare, etc.  

Some of the .mil bros, including me, are chipping in to fund this trip (Mrs and Mrs. XO live in nyc, they are not made of $).

I don't think he's talked to Fluffy yet, but he'll report back to me after he does.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Fluffy is what, 87 for 87 on adoptions so far, albeit they've all been ARFdogs up to this point.

I'm pretty sure those two young lads might need to be in possession of numerous Italian Garand receivers when they leave Canada.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the update, please continue to provide new info.

I hope arrangements for the kids can be made appropriately so that the system doesn't force them into a difficult situation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#25]
There is a couple who goes to church with us and they tried for years to have kids to no avail. They are both early 40s, non-smokers, non-drinkers, two stillborn babies and three miscarriages. They were fostering to adopt, but got their hearts broken down the middle when the boy they'd had for three years was sent to live with his paroled mother. I showed them this thread and they are ready, willing, and able to take these boys in. Live in Georgia, own their own home, have two little dogs, a kitty, and do a lot of volunteer work with troubled youth. I'd trust either one of them with my kids and if I were dying and had no family . . . I'd choose them hands down. They're fun, honest, decent, hard-working people who got a crappy deal in life. I told them I'd mention them in case nobody else stepped up to help.

RIP, Pat. Our prayers are with you, Mariah, and there are incredible people here who will do everything they possibly can to help.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the update.  Are Mr. and Mrs. XO only spearheading the operation or are they intending to foster/adopt the boys?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Donated...

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Nothing new substantive to report other than I've been in contact with Fuffy on some of the finer points of Canadian law.

Our US effort is being run by our old XO, who I'll just refer to as XO from us now on.

Been in contact with XO to give Fluffy's POC info and to give bullet points on Fluffy's comments.

When Pat died, XO and Mrs. XO basically held Mariah's hand through the funeral process and made everything happen.  She was healthy then, now, it's going to be more challenging, I think. (as I noted above, she never recovered from Pat's death.  No drug use or alcoholism or anything, but in my layman's terms, depression.  I'm going to leave it at that.).

They are not on the ground in Canada yet, but both are going, hopefully next week.  (XO is now a P.A. and Mrs. XO is an ER Doctor, they have young kids.).  They are making arrangements, lining up childcare, etc.  

Some of the .mil bros, including me, are chipping in to fund this trip (Mrs and Mrs. XO live in nyc, they are not made of $).

I don't think he's talked to Fluffy yet, but he'll report back to me after he does.

View Quote
Bump
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bump
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our US effort is being run by our old XO, who I'll just refer to as XO from us now on.

Bump

No bump needed since it's been a tacked thread for a couple days, which has also killed views and posts. I am not the OP, but can I request it get's untacked, because it will get more views when it's bumped in GD?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#31]
1. Prayers for the Mom's full recovery.
2. Donated
3. Shared on Facebook for more donations
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Use your talents.  Some folks have money to give, some have a loving home to offer, some can start lawnmowers.  You never know what will make a difference.  Give what you have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ISWYDT and it's true, you never know what may come of any unselfish act.  In for $100 because I can do without the ammo hoard or the range day, these kids can't do without help.

Go GD!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
ISWYDT and it's true, you never know what may come of any unselfish act.  In for $100 because I can do without the ammo hoard or the range day, these kids can't do without help.

Go GD!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go GD!

It's people like you that gives me hope for this country.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow, I'm down for a donation for these poor kid's, absolutely.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Talked with the family.  Offer of a home from a former 11A if needed.  I have the room and the money.  It will be tight but we will work it out.  Whoever is POC for the family can IM me for contact details.
View Quote

you're a saint
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Small donation sent. Wish it was more. Horrible news.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#37]
This really needs untacked. I've been watching the last couple days, and the views and posts this thread has gotten has tanked since the tacking. I'll be donating more next Saturday when I get paid again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No.

I'll leave it at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those poor kids. Do they have any family or are they going into the system?

My understanding is very little in the way of family and the one available adult is not suitable guardian material.

The memorial says Patrick had brothers & sisters. Kids can't go there?

No.

I'll leave it at that.

i'm pretty unemotional, but that has me choking back furious tears.
donation made.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh Jesus.... Stryker_11A was a good guy.  I somehow missed this but now his wife?

Sometimes the world seems like a vicious place.  Especially for their children.  I'll arrange something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I will make a donation today, and have prayed for the mother and her children.  My problems that I was just obsessing over are so trivial.  I'm glad to see others offering to take the boys in.  I'm sure that will be consolation to the mom knowing that her boys will be taken care of.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow.  Puts my "issues" into prospective..  so sad.  In for at least $87 on payday and will reenable my facebook account and share..
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Let's help this family out. Hopefully the AR15.com Army will come together on this cause.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#43]
I just saw this but I am in.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Done wish I could afford more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Post work bump.

ETA: realized I posted that in the wrong thread for this thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Any more updates?  And I'm in NYC, if anything is needed here then maybe I can help.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Only 3 pages .

Just noticed this myself.

Chipped in and shared on FB.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Something wrong with the gofundme.  It tells me "campaign not ready" and won't take my money.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Bumpage for some fundage.  Prayers for all involved.  So, we do have some folks who are going to adopt the little dudes or what?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top