User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2016 12:58:06 PM EDT

That'd fucking suck.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't surprise me if some true leftists suddenly found boxes and boxes of fake "Trump ballots" to prove the election was stolen.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The left will just say he was going to drop the dirt on Trump and caught a case of death because of it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a couple of years ago I would have laughed at this.

Now? Anything is possible.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
A British blogger claims that Assange is alive but cloistered.  He met with him a day or so ago. Forgot his name at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, guess Putin will be executing the FSB asset protection team responsible for Assange's safety soon...
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
check in to your dead man switch, mr assange.

no

*bends ring finger sideways at the second knuckle*

*typing* de4adm4ncheck1n

:(
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Assange is an idiot for not releasing everything already.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't he have a balcony that he's spoken from before?  Even if his internet access is cut off there's nothing stopping him from speaking from the balcony, unless he's been arrested or suicided, so not even appearing there is concerning.

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
No twitter, no internet access anyways... he is in a black hole.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy seems to die every day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#12]
If the gov took control of Wikileaks we'd hear about it unless they also killed everyone associated with wikileaks and Assange.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Suicide?
Did he shoot him self 9 times with a revolver?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

no

*typing* de4adm4ncheck1n

View Quote

Or:

no.

*finger break

No.

*pic of wife or child at home in bed, asleep.

NO!

*pic of unknown individual, leather gloved hand gesturing at a sleeping loved one's finger.

no

*live stream of wife or child

Tap-tap-tap

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
The Ministry of Information is in overdrive.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#16]
The post you quote in the OP could, itself, be sophisticated psyops by the Clinton people.   After all, everyone on /pol/ is anonymous.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a rumor at the moment.

Something's happening, though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or:

no.

*finger break

No.

NO!

*pic of unknown individual, leather gloved hand gesturing at a sleeping loved one's finger.

no

Tap-tap-tap

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no

*typing* de4adm4ncheck1n

Or:

no.

*finger break

No.

NO!

no

Tap-tap-tap

fuck.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Double-plus-un-good.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
fuck.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no

*typing* de4adm4ncheck1n

Or:

no.

*finger break

No.

NO!

no

Tap-tap-tap

fuck.  

Everyone has a price.

Not every price is money.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Unfortunately, it sounds completely plausible.

This is what our country has come to.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
When Hillary was asked about a quote in which she suggested killing Assange with a drone strike she said she had never ever joked about having him assassinated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
sounds like another bullshit troll on 4chan, seriously you people need to unwrap some of that tinfoil. It would be virtually impossible to take over wikileaks, it's much larger and just 1 person and is controlled internationally by a lot of people.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The post you quote in the OP could, itself, be sophisticated psyops by the Clinton people.   After all, everyone on /pol/ is anonymous.
View Quote

I was gonna say -- that whole post seems like a bunch of reverse psychology.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
And what if he isn't in control of the dead man? Cause anyone who actually had information this sensitive in nature would surely consider these possibilities especially in light of the info and make the appropriate plans.

Wikileaks could certainly be compromised but then what about all the downloads that have taken place before this? One could easily release a key via other means. These people aren't stupid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Couldn't this possibly be a CTR mole that is trying to discredit any future information coming from wiki leaks?

Sure reads like it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

sounds like another bullshit troll on 4chan, seriously you people need to unwrap some of that tinfoil. It would be virtually impossible to take over wikileaks, it's much larger and just 1 person and is controlled internationally by a lot of people.
View Quote
Yup.  CTR shill got em

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Couldn't this possibly be a CTR mole that is trying to discredit any future information coming from wiki leaks?

Sure reads like it.
View Quote

Kind of what I thought when I read it initially.

WikiLeaks does SOUND a lot different lately though. Might just be the key Twitter folk being unable to do their job and relying on trusted anon to do it. Who knows.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure reads like it.
View Quote

Agreed and they've been hitting 4chan hard.  Don't believe everything you read on intarwebz.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#31]

See this is where ARF needs to settle down as you guys are so far outside your SME that it's embarrassing.

Quit fucking screen capping everything you see on 4chan and then relaying it to us. You're only perpetuating disinfo.

Everything you see on 4chan is the work of fiction, quit passing every rumor and troll thread along as all you're doing is perpetuating this bullshit. You don't think Wikileaks has contacts all over the world with similar information? You think he's independently and autonomously controlling Wikileaks?

I'm telling your right now that if you keep screen capping stuff and posting it on here you'll find that 90% of it is absolutely false and you're actually taking the CTR bait.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Some of you guys really need to stop taking 4chan so seriously. Unless you can independently verify something that they claim, you always, ALWAYS need to keep in mind that they could just be fucking with you for lulz. Some stuff on 4chan is legit, some more stuff is just 15 year olds LARPing with a 30 million user audience.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

one of the richest people on the planet is throwing money we can only dream about at this problem.  this is like, his entire life dream, and its basically his last chance because hes such an old rotten fuck.  he can pay to get an entire segment of society to riot and revolt AND keep the rest of the same society from doing anything about it.  

I dont think theres enough tin foil to make the hat that im wearing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

one of the richest people on the planet is throwing money we can only dream about at this problem.  this is like, his entire life dream, and its basically his last chance because hes such an old rotten fuck.  he can pay to get an entire segment of society to riot and revolt AND keep the rest of the same society from doing anything about it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And James Okeefe did a great job exposing that . . . . . Wikileaks has done a great job exposing that. . . . 4chan is just an anonymous image board with a ENORMOUS audience, and a shit ton of trolls.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought I saw something stating heavily armed police outside of the embassy just a bit ago. Also there is a major attack on the DNS servers handling Twitter, Reddit, etc...
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

See this is where ARF needs to settle down as you guys are so far outside your SME that it's embarrassing.

Quit fucking screen capping everything you see on 4chan and then relaying it to us. You're only perpetuating disinfo.

Everything you see on 4chan is the work of fiction, quit passing every rumor and troll thread along as all you're doing is perpetuating this bullshit. You don't think Wikileaks has contacts all over the world with similar information? You think he's independently and autonomously controlling Wikileaks?

I'm telling your right now that if you keep screen capping stuff and posting it on here you'll find that 90% of it is absolutely false and you're actually taking the CTR bait.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've spent many, many years on Chanboards and am familiar with them.  This isn't my first foray into /pol/ or trying to interpret if what is being posted is legitimate or not.  While I might not be a "Subject Matter Expert" on Chanboards, I'm not a 43 year old balding Arfcommer whose understanding of the Internet and it's subcultures can be kept in a thimble.

Given the precipitous change in WL's demeanor on Twitter, the latest dumps and focus that is on them now, including the Internet cut and conveniently timed DDOS of DynDNS, and the occasionally accurate stuff posted by anon insiders on chanboards, I figured it was worthy of discussion.

Next time I'll run it by you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've spent many, many years on Chanboards and am familiar with them.  This isn't my first foray into /pol/ or trying to interpret if what is being posted is legitimate or not.  While I might not be a "Subject Matter Expert" on Chanboards, I'm not a 43 year old balding Arfcommer whose understanding of the Internet and it's subcultures can be kept in a thimble.

Given the precipitous change in WL's demeanor on Twitter, the latest dumps and focus that is on them now, including the Internet cut and conveniently timed DDOS of DynDNS, and the occasionally accurate stuff posted by anon insiders on chanboards, I figured it was worthy of discussion.

View Quote

I'm a balding Arfcommer around that age who hasn't completely kept up with all the subculture like I could 15-20 years ago. I do recognize that all those moving pieces may be very significant. Please carry on with screencaps and updates. Like many here, I can't always fire up proxies from work and keep my finger on the pulse of the chans.

In case it's too nuanced for some of you guys in here: discussion of things != taking them as gospel.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm a balding Arfcommer around that age who hasn't completely kept up with all the subculture like I could 15-20 years ago. I do recognize that all those moving pieces may be very significant. Please carry on with screencaps and updates. Like many here, I can't always fire up proxies from work and keep my finger on the pulse of the chans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but you can stop people from dying so that's a pretty good trade-off in skills  I'm just an IT nerd
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah but you can stop people from dying so that's a pretty good trade-off in skills  I'm just an IT nerd
View Quote

Some days like today, I'm just the air traffic controller for a bunch of overcaffeinated cats flying kites around the operating rooms.  It's my idealism and sense of hope that are dying.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

and conveniently timed DDOS of DynDNS

View Quote

Why do you think the DDOS is related?  I know 0HOUR__ thinks it was to prevent people from seeing the leaks but that doesn't make any sense, as at best it would be an isolated temporary measure.  If anything it was other hackers messing up the systems to create an opening.  It is a common tactic, overload the signal but have the loudest signal closest to your target.  The confused target then attaches to what it believes is the real signal/server when in fact it is not.  Data can now be compromised.  

Maybe it was NSA trying to get data on hackers, maybe it was hackers trying to get data on the Democrats, maybe it was China trying to take advantage of the DNC blaming Russia...etc.  All sorts of players could be involved.  The one thing it wasn't was the DNC or .Gov trying to prevent access to the leaks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If the gov took control of Wikileaks we'd hear about it unless they also killed everyone associated with wikileaks and Assange.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Truth, Wikileaks isn't just Assange.  It's others.  If nothing has come out either blackmail files or the rest of his organization bringing forward proof of the takeover, I believe that Wikileaks is still in tact.

The change in tone is because it's likely not Assange running the social media accounts directly, hence the change in tone.

Also of note, Wikileaks is for the most part neutral in their presentation of the data (they just dump it out and let everyone else find the dirt), I have no doubt that this is very personal for Assange.  The fact that he's been directly attacked through this by the US.gov is probably making him angrier and further pushing him (and his team) out of the true neutral stance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Well Ecuador is trying to shut him down and heavily armed authorities have turned up outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.  Maybe they're getting ready to kick him out and the Brits are ready to snatch him up?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Doesn't he have a balcony that he's spoken from before?  Even if his internet access is cut off there's nothing stopping him from speaking from the balcony, unless he's been arrested or suicided, so not even appearing there is concerning.

ETA:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4209320-3x2-940x627.jpg
View Quote
are you fucking nuts?

They have already tried getting him in the Embassy, why would the guy make it easy for them to pop him?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

be a shame if someone knocked him off

where is GS anyway?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Found the blog site. This guy is a good brit too.

Link left cold:

www.craigmurray.org.uk

Not sure if it's working at the moment or not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Truth, Wikileaks isn't just Assange.  It's others.  If nothing has come out either blackmail files or the rest of his organization bringing forward proof of the takeover, I believe that Wikileaks is still in tact.

The change in tone is because it's likely not Assange running the social media accounts directly, hence the change in tone.

Also of note, Wikileaks is for the most part neutral in their presentation of the data (they just dump it out and let everyone else find the dirt), I have no doubt that this is very personal for Assange.  The fact that he's been directly attacked through this by the US.gov is probably making him angrier and further pushing him (and his team) out of the true neutral stance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I don't spend a lot of time on WikiLeaks.  So the question is an honest one: how "neutral" are they?  All I ever see is dumps on western nations (and generally just the US).  Do they ever blow whistles about China, Russia, etc?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't spend a lot of time on WikiLeaks.  So the question is an honest one: how "neutral" are they?  All I ever see is dumps on western nations (and generally just the US).  Do they ever blow whistles about China, Russia, etc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

They've traditionally not had a political agenda.  If any, it would just be chaos and publicity.

Both sides of the aisle have been hurt by their leaks in the past, although most of the news worthy stuff has been directed at the US in general, although that's likely because the US has its hands in so many places.

This is the first leak that you can definitely see an agenda (IMHO).  It was less obvious before Assange lost internet, it's now more overt.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Unknown authenticity:

WikiLeaks
11m
WikiLeaks? @wikileaks
Mr. Assange is still alive and WikiLeaks is still publishing. We ask supporters to stop taking down the US  internet. You proved your point.

0HOUR1
53s
0HOUR1? @0HOUR1__
Let today be the warning dont touch a hair on his head
#Anonymous
#FreeJulian
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Unknown authenticity:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Unknown authenticity:

WikiLeaks
11m
WikiLeaks? @wikileaks
Mr. Assange is still alive and WikiLeaks is still publishing. We ask supporters to stop taking down the US  internet. You proved your point.

0HOUR1
53s
0HOUR1? @0HOUR1__
Let today be the warning dont touch a hair on his head
#Anonymous
#FreeJulian

Russia doesn't want war, they wouldn't initiate a cyber attack.

This is either US or Anonymous  (or hackers in general)

Given who it's attacking specifically, I'd feel comfortable assuming the latter, and that this is show of force against the US about wikileaks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top