Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the Cubs and Shitcago.
View Quote

This. Fuck shitty, fair weather fans.

The Cubs and their fans were always the lovable losers. I like those fans. I don't begrudge those fans enjoying the Cubs' newfound success. But, these new fair weather fans that are coming out of the woodwork? Fuggem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a Cubs fan, but I'd like to see them make it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think that's all baseball fans
I absolute hate having to hear about that shit from spring all the way to fall
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know what's worse. Cub fans, White Sox Fans, or Mets fans......

Yankee fans are just not people anyways. He other three are people. People with severe mental health disorders.

Cardinals fans are the worst as they are the self pro-claimed "classiest fans in baseball"  just ask them as they're holding their mega beer and wearing a wife beater with their gut hanging out.  I can't stand hearing about "my boys" from april to sept.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Cubs and their fans were always the lovable losers. I like those fans. I don't begrudge those fans enjoying the Cubs' newfound success. But, these new fair weather fans that are coming out of the woodwork? Fuggem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the Cubs and Shitcago.

In these parts everyone are Cubs fans and have been for multiple generations. Even when they were horrible every year. My entire family is and have been.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah in the last TEN years we've gotten...Rich Gossage and Bruce Sutter. John Smoltz too, but he spent most of his career as a starter. And those two got in because they were earlier closers that made it to 300 saves.

Rivera pitched for 19 years. 19! Probably what let him pitch that long was he wasn't the flamethrower many other closers were. Chapman has pitched for 7, and thrown less than 1/3 the innings. Chapman has thrown 12 postseason games, with pedestrian stats by his standards. Rivera threw 96 games of being one of the most dominant relieving performances. You can probably give Chapman a slight leg up because he strikes out so many people, but it'll still take probably another 10 years of sustaining his current dominance to get to that level. Do you think his arm will hold up throwing 105 for the next 10 years? I don't. Riveras cutter put way less stress on his arm than throwing 105, and it was unhittable. Chapman has good secondary pitches, but they're not great, and when he loses a few mph, he will be a lot more hittable.

We'll see, but I find it very unlikely that he can maintain this dominance to get into the HoF.
View Quote

Thanks for the info on Chapman.........I haven't been following him for all the years he has been playing.

Good point on 100+ mph for another 5-10 years..........that does seem not very probable now that I think about it.

Rivera was an anomaly to me...........one real effective pitch was enough even though the major league hitters knew it was coming.

It was surreal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#6]

I can't tell you big pony
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cardinals fans are the worst as they are the self pro-claimed "classiest fans in baseball"  just ask them as they're holding their mega beer and wearing a wife beater with their gut hanging out.  I can't stand hearing about "my boys" from april to sept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know what's worse. Cub fans, White Sox Fans, or Mets fans......

Yankee fans are just not people anyways. He other three are people. People with severe mental health disorders.

You're right.  That's exactly how I look and act.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Hard to be confident about Saturday with Kershaw on the bump but you only need to win one.

The talent on the Cubs is unreal, this SHOULD be their year.

Either way, don't care as I'm  Cards fan.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone got your goat?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Even if they did they won't win. I watched the Cubs when I was 10 because all the other kids could talk about was watching the Cubs. Except they lost every game I watched  so I stopped watching. I've saved myself 30 years of pain, hate, and discontent.

Every year Cub fans say "this is the year" my entire fucking life they've said that and it hasn't happened. There isn't a person alove today that has witnessed them win the series. There are people who have seen Haley's Comet TWICE that haven't seen them win the series. Communism rose, and fell. Two world wars. Space travel. I feel sorry for all the schmucks who have lived their entire lives saying "this is the year " then fucking died waiting on the Cubs. If the Cubs do manage to win there will most likely be two things that happen. One a shit load of fans will die because know they can finally rest, and attendance will peter out in a few years because the fans will be like "I saw them win, now I can move with my life". I don't even like baseball, I just can't stand how delusional Cubs fans are. It was a real trip when the the White Sox won because all of Chicago was like, yeah yeah, but the Cubbies will get it next year, and that was the news stations. Harry fucking Caray literally drank himself to death waiting for it and never saw it happen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody tell me it's gonna be ok and they are gonna win Saturday and finally advance to the World Series. I don't think I can survive another 03.

Even if they did they won't win. I watched the Cubs when I was 10 because all the other kids could talk about was watching the Cubs. Except they lost every game I watched  so I stopped watching. I've saved myself 30 years of pain, hate, and discontent.

Every year Cub fans say "this is the year" my entire fucking life they've said that and it hasn't happened. There isn't a person alove today that has witnessed them win the series. There are people who have seen Haley's Comet TWICE that haven't seen them win the series. Communism rose, and fell. Two world wars. Space travel. I feel sorry for all the schmucks who have lived their entire lives saying "this is the year " then fucking died waiting on the Cubs. If the Cubs do manage to win there will most likely be two things that happen. One a shit load of fans will die because know they can finally rest, and attendance will peter out in a few years because the fans will be like "I saw them win, now I can move with my life". I don't even like baseball, I just can't stand how delusional Cubs fans are. It was a real trip when the the White Sox won because all of Chicago was like, yeah yeah, but the Cubbies will get it next year, and that was the news stations. Harry fucking Caray literally drank himself to death waiting for it and never saw it happen.

My Grandfather, a 94-year-old, WWII/Korean War Vet, was born, raised and has lived most of his life in Chicago is as hardcore of a Cubs fan as I've ever met, but even he wasn't alive to see the last time they won the World Series. A WS win would mean more to him than I could imagine.

My entire family lives in/around the city. I was born there. I've been to more Cubs (and Sox/Bears/Bulls) games than I can count growing up. We're all on the emotional roller-coaster right now.

ETA: My Grandpa retired as a building inspector in the Chicago area. Somehow he always seemed to have great tickets to about any Chicago sporting event that we ever wanted to go to.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#11]
IF (That's a big IF) The Cubs do it, it'll be in seven. Or one heckuva blow out Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Somebody quick! Buy Steve Bartman some World Series tickets!!

View Quote

Indians fan?

I'm not invested in either team (Washington Senators fan here) but if it's Cleveland and the Cubs I'll be watching, it's gonna be a once in a lifetime event!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Doyers pooping out.

Pitchers hanging curveballs over the middle of the plate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Indians fan?

I'm not invested in either team (Washington Senators fan here) but if it's Cleveland and the Cubs I'll be watching, it's gonna be a once in a lifetime event!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody quick! Buy Steve Bartman some World Series tickets!!

Indians fan?

The city of Jim Brown v. the City of Mike Ditka.  Or Bob Feller v. Ernie Banks
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
It the Cubbies win it all then Theo Epstein will be the most expensive GM in baseball. He will have brought an end to two major teams epic WS losing streaks - I guess he is just President of Baseball operations for the cubs but still has a hand in this.

And he's only 43.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Somebody tell me it's gonna be ok and they are gonna win Saturday and finally advance to the World Series. I don't think I can survive another 03.
View Quote

Clayton Kershaw baby.  You might win game 7, but not game 6.

And he'll be well rested!

Good luck to your Cubs.

GO DODGERS!

Chris
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They had the same exact scenario in 03. I was just a youngling at the time, but the tears and bitterness are still fresh in my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, the Cubbies are going home with a 3-2 advantage and you are worried?

They had the same exact scenario in 03. I was just a youngling at the time, but the tears and bitterness are still fresh in my mind
That was a great series.

I wear these hats quite often.

Saw the games live at Joe Robbie Stadium.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Being a diehard Cardinal fan I have always disliked the Cubs.  But, I do wish them the best of luck. A Cleveland vs Chicago World Series would be nice, kind of like having the two ugly girls in school running for prom queen.
View Quote

You're a lot nicer about it than me.....

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Baseball for me is simple.

Hate the Yankees. Simple

I was a Marlin since their opening game at Joe Robbie all those years ago. Before the Marlins.it was the Dodgers. The Marlins first game was playing the Dodgers. Marlins won.

The other simple thing is the Cubs not going to the WS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Doyers pooping out.

Pitchers hanging curveballs over the middle of the plate.
View Quote

True but there is always that chance. LOS DOYERS !
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
On Saturday the Cubs are going to get beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Looking forward to a dramatic game 7.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Relax BP, we got this

If we cant win 1 game in our home park with Hendricks and Arietta line up on normal rest, we don't deserve to win.

Kershaw's lifetime post season record in 4-6, with a 4.39 ERA.
With good at bats and a little Cubbie luck, Kershaw is "gettable" in big games.

Even if Kershaw shuts them down, NO WAY Rich Hill beats them twice in a series. NO WAY.

Book it. We're gonna be in Cleveland on Tuesday night.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#25]
and the Bears will win the Superbowl!    
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Isn't a Cubs-Indians World Series one of the signs of the apocalypse?
I'll admit, I'm a little scared.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Santo was definitely a class act.  Fuck diabetes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hoping beyond hope...  Do it for Harry, guys!

Fuck Harry. Do it for #10!

Santo was definitely a class act.  Fuck diabetes.

And the members of the BBWA for not enshrining him until he died.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Up your butt jobu.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Relax BP, we got this
If we cant win 1 game in our home park with Hendricks and Arietta line up on normal rest, we don't deserve to win.
Kershaw's lifetime post season record in 4-6, with a 4.39 ERA.

With good at bats and a little Cubbie luck, Kershaw is "gettable" in big games.
Even if Kershaw shuts them down, NO WAY Rich Hill beats them twice in a series. NO WAY.
Book it. We're gonna be in Cleveland on Tuesday night.
View Quote
Bawahahahahahaha!

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

in my best Mr Wolf voice over..."it's gonna be ok and they are gonna win Saturday and finally advance to the World Series....now get my coffee.... sugar and easy cream."

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Up your butt jobu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Up your butt jobu.

Nope....

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
On Saturday the Cubs are going to get beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Looking forward to a dramatic game 7.
View Quote

Well, maybe.

Kershaw is going to be tough, but having led the league in ERA, Hendricks is no slouch.

And I can't remember the exact numbers, but Hendricks was even more impressive at Wrigley even through the summer hitting season.

I'm looking forward to a dramatic game 6.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#34]
My grandfather stuck me with the Cubs. I would spend a few weeks with him during the summers and they had cable. Almost every day he would sit down with a Budweiser and watch the Cubs play. When we finally got cable at home, WGN made sure I was a Cubs fan. I remember the rainout in 88. The 89 pennant race and NLCS. I was hooked.

Funny thing is, grandpaw wasn't even a Cubs man. He just liked watching baseball. He was a Phillies man. One of my most cherished memories with him is watching the 04 ALCS with him, before he was too far gone with Parkinson's.

I am hoping that Sammy Kershaw's kid is off Saturday night. . Rizzo and Russell have finally decided to hit. And that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm really hoping for a Cubs/Indians world series. A lot of my friends are Cubs fans and I can't wait to talk shit when we kick their ass.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a great series.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/13wAAOSwuzRXebK2/s-l225.jpg

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/e/2/vintage-2003-florida-marlins-world-series-champions-cap-hat-never-worn-new-1b32b38879fa99e85c005cfb3d11d162.jpg

You monster #cubslivesmatter
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My grandfather stuck me with the Cubs. I would spend a few weeks with him during the summers and they had cable. Almost every day he would sit down with a Budweiser and watch the Cubs play. When we finally got cable at home, WGN made sure I was a Cubs fan. I remember the rainout in 88. The 89 pennant race and NLCS. I was hooked.

Funny thing is, grandpaw wasn't even a Cubs man. He just liked watching baseball. He was a Phillies man. One of my most cherished memories with him is watching the 04 ALCS with him, before he was too far gone with Parkinson's.

I am hoping that Sammy Kershaw's kid is off Saturday night. . Rizzo and Russell have finally decided to hit. And that's a good thing.
View Quote

That is how my Grandfather is and Great grandfather was. If the Cubs were playing they were on the TV. I can remember being 5 years old and playing for the Cubs as my first team when I started playing baseball.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't really care how many touchdowns or goals the DesMoines Cubs make.

With that being said, due to my limited understanding of all things that involve pucks, balls, birdies, goals,
goal posts, nets and big green walls, I do have to say that being in the "red zone" of a certain Boston team,
I indeed feel your pain.  As a fellow that has survived the agonizing local pain of a certain ball team that
failed to live up to their fans expectations for so many decades, I will, with my admitted limited understanding
of what constitutes a touchdown, a slider or a hat trick, will indeed be rooting for your club which seems to be based
out of either DesMoines or Chicago.

Go Illinois or Iowa or wherever.... Cubs.  I hope you score many goals in your effort to secure the vaunted title of
Stanley Cup or whatever it is you are seeking.

You may count me as but one of your loyal and ardent fans.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a great series.

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/e/2/vintage-2003-florida-marlins-world-series-champions-cap-hat-never-worn-new-1b32b38879fa99e85c005cfb3d11d162.jpg

Here it is with my 1997 WSC hat.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/yS3KEGv.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a great series.

http://i.imgur.com/yS3KEGv.jpg

We are going to win dammit. Tonight! I demand it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Nope....

Got the goat head....

Santeria Priestesses are ready.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let the curse of the Goat live on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

No....

It will not be cheap, you will suffer great loss for a win.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]
They are going to make it BP, they will make it, and curse of Billy Sianis will finally end.  

I mean shit, them winning the World Series, and Trump taking the election would make this one of the best years of my life, IT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.

Wahoo's gonna be scalping...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, they'll advance...

...only to lose to Cleveland.

This.

Wahoo's gonna be scalping...

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]
And heeerrre we go!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Looking forward to a good game...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top