Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2016 11:49:27 PM EDT
Just checking notes on the topic , -as we have never had such a anti gun potential president before
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If she wins you might as well assume everything will be banned.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]
No..... We've had a lot of anti-gun Presidents.......  She'll  #$%^ with us in different ways.........

But then.... What does this have to do with Reloading?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
She'll most likely drive all of the smaller companies out of business by expanding ITAR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ammo won't matter, the guns themselves will be banned also.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
She will kill the firearms industry

I only hope that my NFA stuff gets unjailed before my FFL goes out of business. Hopefully she doesn't go full anti-gun dictator within her first year
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If someone didn't stock pile it during the last SS109 scare then it is really their own fault if they don't have any.  

Hillary said the Supreme Court got it wrong, she will issue EO to let people sue gun makers, and she will add a massive tax to all guns and ammo.  The scary part is those are just the things she has already publicly admitted to.  Her behind closed doors position will be much worse.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I only hope that my NFA stuff gets unjailed before my FFL goes out of business. Hopefully she doesn't go full anti-gun dictator within her first year
View Quote
I think she'll turn the regulatory screws under the radar
But not go full retard, as the Clintons are pragmatic and like power more than being a ideologue

And pushing hard on guns will cause them friction and political problems for their allies in non progressive strong holds

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
She can't open up manufacturers to law suits via EO.  She would have to get the law repealed.

Just another reason we have to hold on to the House and Senate.

But there are plenty of ways she can fuck us over without that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
20,000 projectiles . . . wondering if I should go to 50,000
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
SCOTUS
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:29:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Ridiculous, she says she is going to protect the 2nd by putting all these regulations on us and banning guns. ss109 will probably just heavy Constitution tax....
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've got some here but damn dude...

I need to go through this weekend an inventory all my reloading components and place an order I guess.  I have a general idea of what I have, but nows the time to stock up..

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I need to go through this weekend an inventory all my reloading components and place an order I guess.  I have a general idea of what I have, but nows the time to stock up..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that they should be banned, but aren't those shit bullets, why stock up on 10s of thousands?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If someone didn't stock pile it during the last SS109 scare then it is really their own fault if they don't have any.  

View Quote

Or kids and family take priority to everything else
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not that they should be banned, but aren't those shit bullets, why stock up on 10s of thousands?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always heard the argument that M193 is better...It's not even clear to me how efficient of a "penetrator" M855 really is.

The only reason I have any Ss109 projectiles is because I go a fairly good price on it and use it as plinking ammo.  The loaded ammo I bought long before I had found out about it being "inferior"
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#18]
If Hillary wins, slingshots are toast.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Definitely. They could have shoved it right down our throats.

Maybe the only thing to prevent that was they were worried about a lawsuit.

But I dont think hitlery has any qualms about going forward with it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the POTUS can only ban imported guns or ammo, not domestic.  I might be wrong.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

/thread

And she WILL try
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Aside from the OP and related, are there not much better projectile choices now???

Serious question.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Everything will be toast if she wins.....except toast.  No one is trying to ban toast.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
She can't open up manufacturers to law suits via EO.  She would have to get the law repealed.

Just another reason we have to hold on to the House and Senate.

But there are plenty of ways she can fuck us over without that.
View Quote

Your post is spot on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Does it shoot down airliners, check.

She will be working on it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think she'll turn the regulatory screws under the radar But not go full retard, as the Clintons are pragmatic and like power more than being a ideologue

And pushing hard on guns will cause them friction and political problems for their allies in non progressive strong holds

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she'll turn the regulatory screws under the radar But not go full retard, as the Clintons are pragmatic and like power more than being a ideologue

This is where I'm at on this.  I think she'll try a couple end-arounds via regulatory changes, but nothing big.  Banning anything would stir up problems that could get in the way of power grabs.  If anything she's power hungry; she's not going to sacrifice her rise to the top.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just checking notes on the topic , -as we have never had such a anti gun potential president before
View Quote

If you can't get SS109, just shoot M855.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
..... Hopefully she doesn't go full anti-gun dictator within her first year........
View Quote

Sounds like a nice dream you are having.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Everything will be toast if she wins.....except toast.  No one is trying to ban toast.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Until she has her SC justices appointed, a series of executive orders will be issued to put the brakes on the industry.  Within 100 days I would expect:

• Manufacturer Liability by Executive Order

• Civilian Firearms Importation Ban by Executive Order (no offshore manufacturing e.g. ARMSCOR, Bersa, Girsan, Tisas, etc.)

• Civilian Ammunition Importation Ban by Executive Order (Privi, Tula, Sellier & Bellot, etc.)

• Universal background checks by Executive Order

Following that, she will advance legislation, passed by sympathetic GOPe congress members and deemed constitutional by a friendly court, to include:

• "Assault Style" firearms banned.

• Removable magazine semi-automatic long guns banned

• Fixed magazine semi-automatic long guns limited to five round capacity

• Limit semi-automatic handgun magazine capacity to eight rounds

In essence it will be similar to New York's SAFE Act.  I have absolutely no doubt that it will happen.  The power is now in the urbanized communities of the United States and they overwhelmingly support these "common sense" limits on the Second Amendment.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#32]
You guys need to regulate your caffeine to alcohol intake ratio.

The last 8 years I have come to the conclusion that the government is trying to scare the citizenry into being heavily armed and highly trained fighters to help fight skynet when it becomes self aware.

Why else would they try to ban 855? No one likes it but they know it is effective against the first couple generations of endoskeletons. What better way for them to flood the market with it then to threaten a ban and scare us into buying it. I know I got my fair share of zqi because of it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Our entire way of life will be in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#34]
No..... We've had a lot of anti-gun Presidents.......  She'll  #$%^ with us in different ways.........

But then.... What does this have to do with Reloading?  
View Quote

SCOTUS

For you derp muh fukas who gotta ask...
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Our entire way of life will be in jeopardy.
View Quote

It's been in jeapordy for quite some time now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

What else is there for her to do? Save Obamacare? She's waiting for that to really implode so she can go single payer system.  Foreign policy? Remember, other countries have already bought her.  Middle East Peace? Hell, she set them on fire so as to kill off domestic energy production for her OPEC friends (remember, the ones who bought her).  

No, she's going for the guns. In the liberal states, they will go for a turn in, Red states will first have a registration, then a turn in.  No more online ammo.  Can't do anything about the parts, but won't matter once the ammo and EBRs dry up.  

Sorry-we've been played by both sides.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

The char on toast has been found to cause cancer by the state of California. Do not toast more than medium brown OR ELSE
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I think the POTUS can only ban imported guns or ammo, not domestic.  I might be wrong.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?
View Quote

POTUS can directly and immediately effect imports - it wouldn't ban anything already in country though.

They can also use executive action to have ATF and other agencies twist laws that are already on the books.  This is what was tried the first time ATF tried to re-classify M855 projectiles under the current armor piercing bullet law.  Thankfully that got enough heat from Congress (and a large number of people wrote the ATF as part of the official rule change process) that they scrapped it.  They can bring that rule change back at any time though.

Another end run would be to have the ATF declare most semi auto receivers to be full auto's/full auto conversion parts.  While I believe the current courts would strike it down, if she gets a new justice the chances of it sticking are much higher.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about assault toast
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuz toast is black
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  I wouldn't buy XM855 even if it was cheaper than XM193.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Whatever.  She said she supports the 2nd amendment
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.  Did you read in the emails how Obama rejected her ideas for executive gun control?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#44]
this faggot will do her best to add money to everything that can't be banned
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Until she has her SC justices appointed, a series of executive orders will be issued to put the brakes on the industry.  Within 100 days I would expect:

• Manufacturer Liability by Executive Order
  • Civilian Firearms Importation Ban by Executive Order (no offshore manufacturing e.g. ARMSCOR, Bersa, Girsan, Tisas, etc.)
  • Civilian Ammunition Importation Ban by Executive Order (Privi, Tula, Sellier & Bellot, etc.)
  • Universal background checks by Executive Order

Following that, she will advance legislation, passed by sympathetic GOPe congress members and deemed constitutional by a friendly court, to include:
  • "Assault Style" firearms banned.
  • Removable magazine semi-automatic long guns banned
  • Fixed magazine semi-automatic long guns limited to five round capacity
  • Limit semi-automatic handgun magazine capacity to eight rounds

In essence it will be similar to New York's SAFE Act.  I have absolutely no doubt that it will happen.  The power is now in the urbanized communities of the United States and they overwhelmingly support these "common sense" limits on the Second Amendment.

View Quote

Exactly this, plus she will have the ATF, DOT, EPA and whoever else change regulations on the transport and storage of powder and loaded rounds making both domestic commercial and home loading prohibitively expensive if not outright impossible. "Safe" storage requirements, "safe" transport requirements, ban lead in ammo for "safe" environmentally friendly bullets, etc.

There are A LOT of ways she can completely kill the 2A without a big bad scary outright gun ban, and most of it would slip right under the normal citizens radar.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always sell some extra junk you have around your house or mow a few yards.  Getting 1,000 rounds of it would not be that difficult for someone who tried.  Just like with AR15s or at least lowers.  A year ago CenterFire ran the special 3 for $99.  Eating out for lunch, even at fast food is going to cost you about $10, eat left overs for 2 weeks and now you have 3 lowers.  I mow the next door neighbors yard, that is $90 to $120 a month.  

I have several friends that every time a panic happens they say "I need to buy an AR15" yet every time it is the salad days and I tell them of great deals they say "not right now".  You can trace this all the way back to the 2008 panic.  So unless you claim it is impossible to save $400 for ammo in 8 years, then yes it is your own fault for not trying.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You could always sell some extra junk you have around your house or mow a few yards.  Getting 1,000 rounds of it would not be that difficult for someone who tried.  Just like with AR15s or at least lowers.  A year ago CenterFire ran the special 3 for $99.  Eating out for lunch, even at fast food is going to cost you about $10, eat left overs for 2 weeks and now you have 3 lowers.  I mow the next door neighbors yard, that is $90 to $120 a month.  

I have several friends that every time a panic happens they say "I need to buy an AR15" yet every time it is the salad days and I tell them of great deals they say "not right now".  You can trace this all the way back to the 2008 panic.  So unless you claim it is impossible to save $400 for ammo in 8 years, then yes it is your own fault for not trying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit drinking and put all that money at gun stuff. Amazing how much I spent on booze and I get much more enjoyment out of gun and ammo stuff than from drinking. But yeah finding a little extra cash is easy if you cut something out like smoking, drinking, eating out, etc.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She's pro 2A, she said so in the debate
View Quote

Well yeah, she's from Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What about assault toast
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about assault toast

But if you ban toast, only the criminals will have toast.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Speaking of the green tipped goodness. SGammo is selling it for slightly more than wolf gold.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top