User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry but if you are seriously hand wringing about how you're going to look at yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life over who you VOTE for, fucking LOL at you.
View Quote

If anyone is seriously worried about a no-name from a backwater state, then lol at you...

If anyone is seriously doubting the pure stupidity of putting a Hillary supporter on the ballot next to Hillary, then lol at you...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not voting for him. I don't think the poll is accurate, Trump will still win.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am not voting for him. I don't think the poll is accurate, Trump will still win.
View Quote

So you're voting for hillery.  There are only TWO candidates,  Trump and Hillary. No one else matters, so save yoir self righteous protest and vote for someone with a possibility of winning.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Utah---gimme two!  TWO!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I respect your in depth fisking.  You are correct that the church should not be held responsible.  That does not mean that it won't.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I respect your in depth fisking.  You are correct that the church should not be held responsible.  That does not mean that it won't.  

The LDS Church gets blamed for a lot of things... Meh.

The truth prevails in the end. Always.

As a missionary, I got used to the "usual" questions. This may be a "usual" question in a few years... And Missionaries will give the easy answer...

Pro-gun anti: "Multiple-philanderer, lifelong liberal, Hillary-supporter Trump lost because of the LDS Church!"

Missionary: "The LDS Church is officially neutral. Look at the pictures of my last hunt with my family. These are pictures of the AR my dad bought me when I got my Eagle."

Pro-gun anti: "What optics did you put on your gun?"

This is a dead issue for real conservatives. Real conservatives know how big of a suck Trump is.

This is going to be a non-issue to *real* conservatives in the long-run...

Quoted:
You see, people are illogical.  They will associate the en masse support for this spook as a directed move.  You understand its not. I understand its not.  The rest of the country won't.

There is no official support from the LDS Church for the former spook. There is no real evidence tying this no-name to any "establishment" goons. I have asked for links. No one has provided any. Folks have flung crap accusations hoping something would stick. For all intents and purposes, this no-name truck while the iron was hot. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This no-name backwater is not going to do anything but provide him distance from Hillary and Trump and give him name recognition.

Trump --if he loses Utah-- should have not attacked favorite sons Lee (an actual, live, on-the-ballot-conservative) and Romney. That was stupid on top of stupid. Trump should have tried to win Utah. For comparison, Hillary has put money where her mouth is, and spent money in Utah...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So you're voting for hillery.  There are only TWO candidates,  Trump and Hillary. No one else matters, so save yoir self righteous protest and vote for someone with a possibility of winning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read his post.

He is voting Trump. Every LDS person on this site is voting for Trump.

The humorous aside is that Trump said he could win without uniting the Party. Laughable in hindsight. Arrogant. Naïve. Outright stupid.

His campaign is an out of control dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]

The LDS Church is officially neutral...

But...

Based on posters in this very thread... This no-name is only helping Hillary. If that is true (it isn't), and the LDS Church is behind it (it isn't).

That makes Hillary the White Horse. (She isn't).

Which just goes to show... How ridiculous the line of thinking is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting

http://exmormon.org/

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hillary (the Clintons) are outright hated in Utah and the Republican West...

Trump visited Utah *once* this election season... He trash-talked Romney, a very-popular resident, made popular by the Olympics, a defining event in the region. Dumb idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that typically happen? A no name, with the charisma of a case of shingles, and an alien shaped head just skyrockets in polling....for showing up?

If any random prominent businessman, former armed forces, etc. from Utah decided to run for president, would he be polling like that?

If so, only in this particular election?

Trump visited Utah *once* this election season... He trash-talked Romney, a very-popular resident, made popular by the Olympics, a defining event in the region. Dumb idea.

Ok, so would ANY person of note be polling at 20% if they tossed their hat in, instead of mcmullin?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Read his post.

The humorous aside is that Trump said he could win without uniting the Party. Laughable in hindsight. Arrogant. Naïve. Outright stupid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read his post.

Apparently you prefer to be a statist regardless if you say you will vote for Trump.  You also spend much time maligning Trump as not being a Conservative when it has nothing to do with being Conservative, Liberal or Progressive but instead a massive fuck you to the establishment.

Your fall back argument is he will grant Illegal Amnesty which is so far from reality it is laughable.

Or He is a Democratic Liberal, which again is laughable.

But don't let me stop you from continuing on with your diatribe or the delusion that you are righteous and will sway opinions.

You just can seem to get your head wrapped around that because of your "Values".

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, so would ANY person of note be polling at 20% if they tossed their hat in, instead of mcmullin?
View Quote

I think in the pro-gun West... Anyone pro-gun and religious could do it. Honestly.

This no-name has a clean record. Seems like a class-act. Clean record as a spook serving God and Country. Operatives are recruited heavily from LDS...

Both of the New York liberals are unpopular there...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Pure as snow!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympic-games-murky-tale-of-presents-and-prostitutes-1075753.html

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm LDS and doing everthing I can to stop the nonsense. I don't know what it is with these people. I can't even get them to engage in a conversation about it. Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your fall back argument is he will grant Illegal Amnesty which is so far from reality it is laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trump is a long-time supporter of amnesty for illegal immigrants. Trump has funded and supported open-borders politicians on both sides of the isle.

Trump criticized Romney four years ago, and openly-attacked the nominee for not offering amnesty to illegal immigrants.

Trump has sold, "bounce-back amnesty" for illegal immigrants, and his website states it in plain-English.

Since the Convention, Trump has stated "bounce back amnesty" for illegals, and Trump has also stated a (his words) "soft" approach to immigration where Trump has contradicted his previous statements and stated that the illegal immigrants without criminal records would get amnesty and not need to touch the border to get amnesty.

Trump is pro-amnesty.

Quoted:
Or He is a Democratic Liberal, which again is laughable.

Trump is a lifelong liberal New Yorker. Trump was a Democrat who defended the Clintons during the Clinton scandals of the 90s and defended Hillary after Benghazi.

Trump called himself, "Obamas biggest cheerleader."

Trumps conversion to conservativism is a recent thing.

I am voting for Trump, the lesser evil. I encourage everyone else to vote for the lesser-evil candidate.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The theocracy in action.  
View Quote

This. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pure as snow!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympic-games-murky-tale-of-presents-and-prostitutes-1075753.html

Romney --for all intents and purposes-- saved the day for the Olympics.

Or, at least, he gets credit for saving the day for the Olympics.

At the time Romney took over, the top officials had been criminally indicted. Romney took over and held a very-successful Olympics.

The charges were dropped against the previous officials, and they never got the credit they probably deserved for the ground-work of getting the Olympics.

But Romney is still very popular for his leadership of the Olympics...  And it was a dumb idea for Trump to attack Romney on Trumps only visit to Utah.

Trump topped his dumb idea with another dumb idea in attacking A rated, 100% conservative-voting-record, very-popular, very-connected Mike Lee. Dumb idea on top of dumb idea.

You will have a dumpster fire of a campaign if you top dumb ideas with other dumb ideas. Hillary is spending money on winning Utah. Trump attacked two of Utahs favorite sons.

My point is that if Trump loses Utah... Trump did it to himself. No one else...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
You think Utah's 6 EV's will decide the election?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but it doesn't matter. LDS has been exposed.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Juni do you ever stop? You are embarrassing yourself and the church. Just stop already. It's old. It's tired. It does nothing good. I really can't take it any more. There was a time when your posts made sense and you had some good points. Now you just sound like the crqzy homeless guy arguing with a street sign.

Please, everyone, realize that even within the LDS community this guy would be considered nuts. From a Utah Mormon, there are plenty of us fighting the good fight. I really think this McMullin thing is a fad and people want to be associated with it. When it comes time to actually cast a ballot, I'm pretty sure most will quietly vote Trump. Right now no one wants to be associated with him but in the privacy of a voting booth common sense will prevail with most. It will be much closer than it should be but Trump will win.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think in the pro-gun West... Anyone pro-gun and religious could do it. Honestly.

This no-name has a clean record. Seems like a class-act. Clean record as a spook serving God and Country. Operatives are recruited heavily from LDS...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to take your word from it, as I'm not from there. The whole thing just strikes me as convenient...for bill kristol, et. al.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LDS "exposed"?  How's that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Mormons have always been a cohesive lot. Sometimes though, it had been detrimental to the non-Mormons who live among them. The nice part is you can read history, go through documents, and make your own judgement just like you can about any other *religion*

Mormon Leaks
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Because, Saying pussy is worse than promoting and paying for infanticide.  
View Quote

Yeah I just can't understand this thinking here. I heard someone at work say they can't stand how immoral Hilary and Trump are so they are voting for McDonalds or whoever this guy is. I thought conservatives put reason before emotion but this election has taught me otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mormons don't refer to themselves as The Peculiar People for nothing.
View Quote

They think they will become Gods.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mormons don't refer to themselves as The Peculiar People for nothing.

Yep, Mormons believe God was just a regular dude before he croaked and got a chance to own his own franchise.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Juni do you ever stop? You are embarrassing yourself and the church. Just stop already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Juni do you ever stop? You are embarrassing yourself and the church. Just stop already.

If you want an honest discussion, you are going to hear things that you do not want to hear.

Hillary Clinton is spending campaign money and resources in Utah.

Trump is not.

Trumps only campaign visit to Utah was to attack Romney. Trump then went on to lose (dramatically) the Utah Primary.

After Trump lost the Utah Primary, Hillary Clinton overtook Trump in the polls in Utah.

Trump then began to spend campaign time attacking Mike Lee, a pro-gun, shut-the-government-down conservative who is on-the-ballot in Utah against a Democrat

Trump doubled-down on the stupid.

Trump is probably still going to win Utah. But if you want to hear that his campaign is anything other than a dumpster fire, you might want to put your head in the sand.

There is a reason Hillary's politics are disliked in Utah. And there is a reason Trump is disliked in Utah. There is a reason a third-party choice simply showed-up and said, "hi," and grabbed a large chunk of the vote.

Quoted:
It's old. It's tired. It does nothing good. I really can't take it any more. There was a time when your posts made sense and you had some good points. Now you just sound like the crqzy homeless guy arguing with a street sign.

Do you want to be told that it was a good idea for Trumps only campaigning in Utah to be Trump attacking Romney and (real conservative) Mike Lee...??-??

You want to be told that Trump saying he could win while he was attacking on-the-ballot conservatives and dividing the Party??-???

You want to be told that Trump could win the election, even with a divided front and a divided Party??-??

There is some land in Arizona for sale. Oceanfront. Golden gate bridge for free...

Quoted:
Please, everyone, realize that even within the LDS community this guy would be considered nuts.

Cheap shot.

Nuts?

Nuts this election was putting a Hillary supporter on the ballot next to Hillary.

Quoted:
From a Utah Mormon, there are plenty of us fighting the good fight.

I love going back to Utah. I love visiting Utah. Good people. Good place.

Glad I was raised there. Bingham High School. On a State Championship team while I was there. Went to college at SUU. Met my wife, and started my family there.

Taught HS for five years in Utah.

Good place. I love going back.

But leaving was the best thing for me and my family.

There is nothing special about being a "Utah Mormon" over being a Indiana, or South Carolina, or Colorado LDS Member.

In fact, leaving has provided more leadership, Missionary, and service opportunities than I could have imagined.

There are LDS in Utah who go to Church for the social aspect. Nothing more. You won't find that outside Utah...

Quoted:

I really think this McMullin thing is a fad and people want to be associated with it. When it comes time to actually cast a ballot, I'm pretty sure most will quietly vote Trump. Right now no one wants to be associated with him but in the privacy of a voting booth common sense will prevail with most. It will be much closer than it should be but Trump will win.

If people do not want to admit out-loud that they are supporting a certain candidate, you can safely call that candidate a dumpster fire.

Trump is probably going to win Utah...

The next real possibility is this new no-name.

The chance that Utah goes to Hillary is non-existant. She is not rising in the polls. Trump is leading the polls, and the no-name is rising. Not Hillary.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll have to take your word from it, as I'm not from there. The whole thing just strikes me as convenient...for bill kristol, et. al.
View Quote

Folks accuse the no-name of being tied to Romney... No links. Just crap flung.

Folks accuse the no-name of being tied to Kristol... I ask for links... Nothing. Just crap flung hoping something sticks.

Folks accuse the no-name of being tied to Hillary... I ask for any verifiable information. Nothing... Just flinging crap accusations, hoping something sticks.

Honestly.

The guy probably does want a future career in Utah politics. That is probably true. Who knows.

But for all intents and purposes, he saw Trumps horrid result in the Utah Primary, saw Hillary took the lead against Trump after the Utah Primary, and he struck while the iron was hot. Nothing more. Nothing less.

If there is any conspiracy that is valid, it is probably with Hatch... The next big Utah seat to come-open. Hatch is a major player in Washington, and the insiders want this no-name to get Hatch's seat. That is not speculation... There are some honest legs to that line of thinking. The funny thing about that line of thinking is that Hatch is a fierce and open defender of Trumps socialism. Hatch is an establishment goon who supports Trumps liberal agenda whole hog.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought conservatives put reason before emotion but this election has taught me otherwise.
View Quote

Oh absolutely.

If that were true that conservatives could reason, would conservatives have put a Hillary supporter on the ballot next to Hillary?

Trump is the snakeoil salesman of the year.

Selling nothing but emotion. Selling absolutely nothing of substance.

Trump saw Obama selling emotion and effectively selling bigger-government solutions to problems created by big-government, and Trump decided to do the same thing... Trumps entire campaign platform is contradictions and emotion. That is it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At the time Romney took over, the top officials had been criminally indicted. Romney took over and held a very-successful Olympics.

The charges were dropped against the previous officials, and they never got the credit they probably deserved for the ground-work of getting the Olympics.

But Romney is still very popular for his leadership of the Olympics...  And it was a dumb idea for Trump to attack Romney on Trumps only visit to Utah.

Trump topped his dumb idea with another dumb idea in attacking A rated, 100% conservative-voting-record, very-popular, very-connected Mike Lee. Dumb idea on top of dumb idea.

You will have a dumpster fire of a campaign if you top dumb ideas with other dumb ideas. Hillary is spending money on winning Utah. Trump attacked two of Utahs favorite sons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pure as snow!

Romney (You know....the Former Governor of the People's Socialist Democracy of Mass.) did do all those things and he is a good and decent human being---but, the Olympics changed Utah forever and took what was once a VERY conservative and pretty good place to live, put it on the world map, and turned it into something almost unrecognizable today.  How very progressive of them. If Romney is a "friend" to the freedom loving pro-gun west.....we don't need him or his type running anything---and people saw that last election too.  

I think you are missing the attraction to Trump----I missed it myself.  People (other than political junkies like us--and we live in an echo chamber)  are fed the hell up with politicians.  Don't trust them....don't like them....don't want them.  Trump, Carley, and Ben Carson all had some traction at some point for precisely that reason.  

I'm glad Mrs. Klinton came out looking so dolled up and "presidential" during that last debate.....it was a real kick in the balls to those who hate exactly that.  

Trump is NOT my ideal candidate....but Hilary is this country's (and those who profess to believe in Christ---what ever that means to you) worst nightmare.  She has clearly spelled out a globalist first agenda.

So.....stand by if she wins....by 6 electoral College Votes.....

I'm still young and frisky enough to say.....let's do this......

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I agree. Anyone who supported Trump in the primaries didn't consider the actual outcomes of nominating the orange ooze in the primary. Y'all were 'just so mad' that you nominated a guy that is getting spanked by the most corrupt, obnoxious democrat in American history. Sure wish you'd been less emotional and wiser in the primaries. Make no mistake, HRC wins, it's the 'little old ladies' who supported a nightmare candidate in the primaries that are to blame.
View Quote

Wrong.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wrong.
View Quote

And Trump won Utah by double-digits... 47 to 28... Trump dominated Hillary in Utah. Gutted her. And beat Mcnoname even more significantly. 47 to 21.

Looking back at my posts in this thread, and Trumps *significant* win, and every Conservative on the ballot in Utah winning. Never been happier to be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And Trump won Utah by double-digits... 47 to 28... Trump dominated Hillary in Utah. Gutted her. And beat Mcnoname even more significantly. 47 to 21.

Looking back at my posts in this thread, and Trumps *significant* win, and every Conservative on the ballot in Utah winning. Never been happier to be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong.

Come on in brother, we are triggering SJWs and newsanchors all over murica right now

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Utah will stay red, for quite some,time. We actually have a sustainable birthrate.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top