Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/19/2016 4:33:24 PM EDT
Remember him?  He's the former UC cop that shot Sam DuBose in the head during a traffic stop.

Gonna be a party!    

Black Lives Matter, Amos Project prepare march before Ray Tensing trial

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/black-lives-matter-amos-project-prepare-for-ray-tensing-trial

"CINCINNATI -- City officials met Monday to prepare "for any potential scenario" that could occur when Ray Tensing goes on trial next week for the death of Sam DuBose during a traffic stop, and now two local groups are preparing their own response. "

Shooting of Samuel DuBose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Samuel_DuBose

"On July 19, 2015, in Cincinnati, Ohio, Samuel DuBose, an unarmed black man, was fatally shot by Ray Tensing, a white University of Cincinnati police officer, during a traffic stop for a missing front license plate. Tensing fired after DuBose started his car. Tensing stated that DuBose had begun to drive off and that he was being dragged because his arm was caught in the car. Prosecutors alleged that footage from Tensing's bodycam showed that he was not dragged and a grand jury indicted him on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter. He was then fired from the police department. He was released on bond and a trial is scheduled to begin in October 2016."

Body cam
3:00 to skip to shooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AC9zLzsCaQ
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Jury pool set for Ray Tensing's murder trial

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/21/jury-pool-set-ray-tensings-murder-trial/92508284/

Seitz spoke at the final pretrial hearing before jury selection begins Tuesday in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court. On Tuesday, potential jurors will fill out questionnaires that attorneys will then review. Questioning of potential jurors in court is expected to begin Oct. 31.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool....I'm already well into the planning process for burning down my rich white neighbors houses out here in semi-rural Warren County.  That will show them!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool....I'm already well into the planning process for burning down my rich white neighbors houses out here in semi-rural Warren County.  That will show them!
View Quote

Remember, pillage, THEN burn.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

throw in a little rape also for good measure
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
He fucked up.

What an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I wear one of those cool Viking helmets with the horns?  or is that racist too?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.
View Quote

Ayup.  If his only defense is still "I was being dragged", they're going to drag him off to prison.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Judge: Sam Dubose's medical, criminal records not admissible in Ray Tensing trial

http://www.wlwt.com/article/ray-tensing-on-trial-judge-to-rule-on-sam-duboses-medical-criminal-records/7483230

"A judge ruled that Sam DuBoses medical and criminal records may not be discussed by Ray Tensings attorney when Tensing goes on trial for murder.

However, the fact that marijuana was found in DuBoses car and on his person the day he was shot may be admitted, Hamilton County Judge Megan Shanahan ruled."

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Turmoil in Tensing trial follows media requests for juror questionnaires

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/jurors-upset-over-questionnaire-release-refuse-to-return-to-courtroom

The jury refused to proceed because they were afraid their identities would be discovered.

"CINCINNATI -- The Ray Tensing trial came to an abrupt, early stop and the judge issued a gag order Friday after jurors expressed concern about the public release of their questionnaires.

Court never resumed after Judge Megan Shanahan called a short recess at 11:30 a.m. Two hours later, Shanahan recessed for the weekend and ordered attorneys and the media not to talk to each other. She did not offer an explanation.

But a high-ranking sheriff's official told WCPO that a juror went to Shanahan at the break and said jurors were worried about her order to release their questionnaires to the media. Shanahan started Friday's session by announcing she would grant a request by The Enquirer, but only after redacting jurors' names and personal information."
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh boy, just saw this.  

Ray Tensing was wearing a Confederate flag T-shirt under uniform when he shot Sam DuBose

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/ray-tensing-was-wearing-a-confederate-flag-t-shirt-under-uniform-when-he-shot-sam-dubose

"CINCINNATI -- Ray Tensing was wearing a T-shirt bearing the Confederate flag under his uniform when he shot and killed Sam DuBose in July 2015, according to crime scene photos shown in court Friday.

The black T-shirt said "Great Smoky Mountains, 1934" with a Confederate flag in the center of the shirt."

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#12]
lol, yeah I heard that at lunch today on the all black AM station here in Cincinnati.  The locals are a little upset about it.....  Then on 700 wlw they said the jury refused to return to the court room after lunch.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.
View Quote

I agree he was justified to draw but not fire at the point that he did. He will be convicted of something at trial.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Prosecutor lays out case against Tensing.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/ray-tensing-trial-sam-dubose-case-did-prosecutors-just-destroy-tensings-defense

"CINCINNATI  Seeing is believing.

Whoever coined that phrase must have had a preview of the prosecution's video presentation in the Ray Tensing trial Thursday.

The frame-by-frame analysis aimed to snuff any reasonable doubt out of Judge Megan Shanahan's courtroom."
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ayup.  If his only defense is still "I was being dragged", they're going to drag him off to prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

How's that? Look at the pavement before the car drives off and after he gets up. He was dragged IMO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, he's fucked.

It's sad that yet another dirtbag has instigated a situation that is costing taxpayers a mint.  The cop made a bad split-second decision, but the dead guy has always been worthless.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]
What is the probability of riots if he is found guilty or not?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Today the Cincinnati Enquirer asked for the 25 page questionnaires filled out by the jurors... during a 10 minute break after they were told of this by the judge, the jurors refused to return to the courtroom... apparently the news now is that they adjourned for the day but will be returning to court after the Enquirer withdrew their request...

Also for the first time, today I heard that under his uniform he was wearing a shirt that had the Confederate flag, which was put into evidence today and revealed in the courtroom... which pours more gas on the fire...

Thats a summary of what I heard on 700 WLW earlier.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think that was murder.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember him?  He's the former UC cop that shot Sam DuBose in the head during a traffic stop.

Gonna be a party!    

Black Lives Matter, Amos Project prepare march before Ray Tensing trial

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/black-lives-matter-amos-project-prepare-for-ray-tensing-trial

"CINCINNATI -- City officials met Monday to prepare "for any potential scenario" that could occur when Ray Tensing goes on trial next week for the death of Sam DuBose during a traffic stop, and now two local groups are preparing their own response. "

Shooting of Samuel DuBose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Samuel_DuBose

"On July 19, 2015, in Cincinnati, Ohio, Samuel DuBose, an unarmed black man, was fatally shot by Ray Tensing, a white University of Cincinnati police officer, during a traffic stop for a missing front license plate. Tensing fired after DuBose started his car. Tensing stated that DuBose had begun to drive off and that he was being dragged because his arm was caught in the car. Prosecutors alleged that footage from Tensing's bodycam showed that he was not dragged and a grand jury indicted him on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter. He was then fired from the police department. He was released on bond and a trial is scheduled to begin in October 2016."

Body cam
3:00 to skip to shooting.
View Quote

At about 5:20 in the video he says "He just took off on me, man.  I thought he was gonna run me over."  I don't know the "rules" on these things, but considering he was reaching into the car when the guy decided to run, that seems like a valid concern.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think that was murder.
View Quote

I don't think it was murder which he was charged with.

I don't think it was voluntary manslaughter either, which he was also charged with.

I think that it could possibly be reckless homicide, a lesser felony than the other two, but he was NOT charged with that.  

I'm betting it will be a hung jury on the two things he was actually charged with... or a mistrial stemming from what happened with the  jury today putting up some concerns there.  With so much focus on the trial it will have to be retried in either case.  I don't see him getting convicted on what he was actually charged with... though I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was found guilty of another lesser charge if a jury had that option.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How's that? Look at the pavement before the car drives off and after he gets up. He was dragged IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

I didn't notice that the first time I watched but I think you might be right.  When he got up he was noticeably closer to the parked car than before.  Distance of maybe 10 feet or so?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I didn't notice that the first time I watched but I think you might be right.  When he got up he was noticeably closer to the parked car than before.  Distance of maybe 10 feet or so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

The video "expert" in court stated yesterday that the car moved for 800 milliseconds before the shot was fired.

I'm not sure if it was presented in court or not also, but with the holsters they use, the .8 second draw has been argued to show that he was going for the gun before any movement of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]
His best defense might be "Glock doesn't have a safety, and my PD didn't issue the safer NYPD 12lb trigger"

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
His best defense might be "Glock doesn't have a safety, and my PD didn't issue the safer NYPD 12lb trigger"

Kharn
View Quote

Was a Sig P320, but yeah 5-6lb trigger or so.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The video "expert" in court stated yesterday that the car moved for 800 milliseconds before the shot was fired.

I'm not sure if it was presented in court or not also, but with the holsters they use, the .8 second draw has been argued to show that he was going for the gun before any movement of the vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

But not before the man had closed the door the officer was attempting to open and started the car, right?  Those would be indicators that he was about to run.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But not before the man had closed the door the officer was attempting to open and started the car, right?  Those would be indicators that he was about to run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The argument I keep hearing against that is that if he was going to run and that was clear then it is "officer created jeopardy" and  "against his training"  to reach in the car then.

I spent the last 8 years going to UC, and used to live in Clifton a few blocks from where it happened for a while.  I was planning on getting another degree starting next year and thinking about buying a house in Clifton to live in while going to school then renting out to students after, but already being skeptical about the neighborhood the fallout from this trial may end that idea, so I have been following the case closely and hear a lot of what the community around is saying.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmm,

To the "good folks" of Cincinnati:

Please don't riot, I'll be out of the country soon. Thank you.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hmmm,

View Quote

Or slightly modified version by someone who lives on the edge of suburbia, inspired by the movie "2010":

ALL THESE WORLDS SLUMS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPASuburbs outside of I-275.
ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS RiotsTHERE.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

It's easy to see from the video that he was not being dragged.  Look at the link I posted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#32]
This is why he will go to jail.

First frame, he is putting the car in gear.  Second frame, he is dead.  His head is recoiling one way, the gun the other.  Tensing's free hand is not in the steering wheel.  He may have grabbed the seat belt   Look at the car out the passenger window.  It has barely moved.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Or slightly modified version by someone who lives on the edge of suburbia, inspired by the movie "2010":

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm,

lol

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I still think that was a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

First frame, he is putting the car in gear.  Second frame, he is dead.  His head is recoiling one way, the gun the other.  Tensing's free hand is not in the steering wheel.  He may have grabbed the seat belt   Look at the car out the passenger window.  It has barely moved.

http://i.imgur.com/IzJzdlz.jpg
View Quote

So basically the idea is that he shot him before the car even started to move?

Trying to stop a vehicle from moving after the driver has failed to comply with lawful orders seems reasonable to me. I suppose it's all about when he shot the driver.

We had a case here in Lakewood, similar circumstances. Cop reached in to pull keys out of ignition, driver pinned his arm somehow once inside and tried to floor it. Driver was shot dead, case opened and closed. No idea on the races involved.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
lol  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm,

lol  

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Trying to stop a vehicle from moving after the driver has failed to comply with lawful orders seems reasonable to me. I suppose it's all about when he shot the driver.

We had a case here in Lakewood, similar circumstances. Cop reached in to pull keys out of ignition, driver pinned his arm somehow once inside and tried to floor it. Driver was shot dead, case opened and closed. No idea on the races involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/IzJzdlz.jpg

The way I see it, the car may have moved a foot or two when he pulled the trigger, he had to have made the decision before that.  He was reaching in as he fired, not trying to get out of the way.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I still think that was a bad shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bring the booze.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'll bring the booze.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring the booze.

It's all free, my brother.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Hummm....

Not sure how much I like the idea of stepping in front of a slow moving train, then shooting the engineer because your life is in danger.  

Also, video seems to show officer was possibly 'pinned'  (but more likely criminal was 'blocking' to keep the cop from reaching shift lever than pinning as to drag him) and the was released/got himself free, was losing his balance and falling, officer then pulls himself more upright and shoots.  Not sure how shooting is an effective way to end the risk to harm for himself...a wounded/dying man may simply slump and inadvertently shove the gas pedal.  Seems that getting stable is best way to end risk of harm, not shooting suspect.  

Seems similar to the logic of not getting into a high-speed pursuit, don't try and stop a potential fleer by grabbing him and getting yourself dragged.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hummm....

Not sure how much I like the idea of stepping in front of a slow moving train, then shooting the engineer because your life is in danger.  

Also, video seems to show officer was possibly 'pinned'  (but more likely criminal was 'blocking' to keep the cop from reaching shift lever than pinning as to drag him) and the was released/got himself free, was losing his balance and falling, officer then pulls himself more upright and shoots.  Not sure how shooting is an effective way to end the risk to harm for himself...a wounded/dying man may simply slump and inadvertently shove the gas pedal.  Seems that getting stable is best way to end risk of harm, not shooting suspect.  

Seems similar to the logic of not getting into a high-speed pursuit, don't try and stop a potential fleer by grabbing him and getting yourself dragged.
View Quote

What you've just described
is reasonable doubt.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't one supposed to say "rape" twice?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep. Not guilty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hummm....

What you've just described
is reasonable doubt.

Yep. Not guilty

Accept none of that happened.  From the link above...

Tensing pointed his gun at DuBose's head before the car moved and shot less than a second later.
   Tensing wasn't dragged by DuBose's car. He was standing erect outside the car when he fired the one deadly shot.
   Tensing's arm wasn't caught in the steering wheel or any other part of the car, nor was DuBose using his left arm to restrain Tensing's. Frederick's image from the video shows DuBose cowering and holding his left arm in front of his face when he was shot.
   The car didn't move until eight-tenths of a second before DuBose was shot. Fredericks said the movement wasn't more than 1 or 2 feet forward.
   After the shot, Tensing fell backward, and DuBose's car moved forward and out of control. But Tensing was never hit by the car.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lol, yeah I heard that at lunch today on the all black AM station here in Cincinnati.  The locals are a little upset about it.....  Then on 700 wlw they said the jury refused to return to the court room after lunch.

View Quote

The fucking Enquirer asked for the jury questionaires which had personal info even if the name was redacted.

Jury said, "Fuck you. We're not coming out". (I don't blame them in the least).

Heard this morning that the Enquirer retracted their request.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree he was justified to draw but not fire at the point that he did. He will be convicted of something at trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fucked up.

What an idiot.

He wasn't even justified in drawing imho. Are you going to shoot someone because they drove away?

You're not allowed to create a life threatening situation and then claim self defense. He reached into the car and that's a no no.

Even if he did reach in, you don't get dragged when the car takes off unless the driver grabs your arm. (which is a good defense if someone is car jacking you. Take 'em for a ride. Scrub 'em off on the next solid object available like a horse does an unwanted rider. )

This cop had troubles before, iirc. He's a school cop, Rambo wannabe who pulled someone over OFF CAMPUS for a damn license plate infraction and then escalated the stop.

Manslaughter at minimum. Should never have had a badge and gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah, he's fucked.

It's sad that yet another dirtbag has instigated a situation that is costing taxpayers a mint.  The cop made a bad split-second decision, but the dead guy has always been worthless.
View Quote

Agree on the worthless dead guy.

But that was more than one split second decision. That whole interaction was fucked.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What is the probability of riots if he is found guilty or not?
View Quote

Oh, I'd say there's a damn good chance of riots with a not guilty decision.

This would be one time I'd have a hard time blaming them if they didn't cause a ruckus around the court room. And I'm generally a  "mow the animals down" kind of riot stopper guy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#50]
MMQB says if you don't want to get dragged by a car don't continue to hold on to things inside the car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top