Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2001 1:25:21 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

I'm new to reloading for my AR and my Bushy is hard on brass. A good deal of my brass gets slightly dented or dinged during ejection. I'm wondering if this will create problems with reloads. I'm hoping that full lenght sizing will prevent any future reload problems. Anybody have experience with the same brass problem ?

Should I keep em or toss em if they have slight dents ?

Thanks,

Joe39
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Resizing dies can usually fix most dents and dings just as long as the case itself is not really crushed. Things to look for are splits, cracks and increased case length. The primer punch also has a expander bead on it that will pop out dings. For semi-auto's, full length sizing is the only way to go. Neck resizing is for bolt actions only.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The above post is exactly correct. The resizing process should take care of most of the little dings you are seeing.

Ive shot loaded ammo with some pretty big dings in it and never had a problem. The pressure takes the dent out of the case as well.

Unless the case is crushed its probably ok, but if you are still worried about a big dent just throw that case away. Brass isn't that expensive, just buy in big lots [smoke]

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top