Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2001 11:33:42 AM EDT
I was looking into purchasing the rifle from castle and noticed a chrome lined barrel was an additional $100. What's up with that? That takes it to the price of the Bushmaster M4 at http://www.aimsurplus.com. I think I'll go with the Bushy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:41:31 AM EDT
Yeah, reading that made me not want it anymore. They say it provides better accuracy which it does, but on a 16" barrel? No one will convince me that a 16" non-lined barrel is better than a 16" lined one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:44:09 AM EDT
My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:44:25 AM EDT
If you don't want it, don't get it. Just don't bust balls in the process.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:47:49 AM EDT
Ignoring accuracy (a good chromelined is better than a bad non-chromed), a chromelined barrel will last about twice as long. Still, the LEGP rifle has other features that make it worthwhile: 1. simulated flashhider 2. sidesling mount 3. limited edition 4. reputed top notch quality 5. special logo/serial number 6. specially priced accessories 7. Star Selector 8. Hogue grip I was one of the last holdouts, but I finally decided to try one. Pricewise, I don't think I really save over the Bushmaster, but it's a special edition and the quality is supposed to be top notch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:49:12 AM EDT
Who's busting balls. It's freedom of speach. I personally won't buy any AR that doesn't have a chrome lined barrel. I love being able to clean my chromed chamber and barrel in just a few minutes with no scrubbing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:55:02 AM EDT
You mean the LEGP rifle doesn't have a chrome-lined barrel? Who in their right mind would ever order a rifle without a chrome-lined barrel? Oh yeah, I ordered one of those.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:06:57 PM EDT
I don't care I've already got a bushy and this new one is probably not going to get shot anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:17:04 PM EDT
For those of us who own "sporting" rifles of other types, how many of them have chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:59:32 PM EDT
Me too, man! As soon as I can afford that Class III, I'm sellin' my chromemoly and stainless barrels and I'm off to the jungles dude! Then I'll have a reason to have a chrome-lined barrel. Until then, I sure won't want one. Wait, I'll check my 1887 Marlin. Oops, that's right, it's not lined. Guess it's worn out too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 2:07:46 PM EDT
I don't find a big advantage to either. My chrome lined shoots just as well as my non-chromed. On a flip side, my non-Chromed cleans just as easy. Think of all the rifles on the market without chrome lined barrels! ummm 90% or more. Bushmaster marketing obviously works...
Top Top