Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I was very interested when I first saw the trailers back earlier this year I think?

Forgot about it till now; Actually excited it's released because I need a fill show during my down time from Game of Thrones.

Downloading it right now.  Will be watching soon, so that means no reading any comments until I'm done with EP:1 LOL  
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just finished the first episode. Very confusing, even with prior knowledge of what it's about.

I'll hang around for a few more episodes though. I have a feeling it's going to get really dumb after a few episodes like The Leftovers did.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Slow, boring and couldn't stand the background music.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The gunfight scene with the man in black would suggest he is not a host since he cant die? Or he defeated the programming ?
View Quote

They asnswered that in the little after show special on hbo now.  They said everyone one led to believe that cyclops(marsden) was human because he was the clean cut good guy but that wasn't the case.  He turns out to be the robot and Harris character is the human.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They asnswered that in the little after show special on hbo now.  They said everyone one led to believe that cyclops(marsden) was human because he was the clean cut good guy but that wasn't the case.  He turns out to be the robot and Harris character is the human.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gunfight scene with the man in black would suggest he is not a host since he cant die? Or he defeated the programming ?

Of course, rich people are evil scumbags that take advantage of poor people.......robots.

Hollywood can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Went and read a synopsis of the first episode. There was a lot going on.  I have high hopes for this one. I didnt see the earlier movie so maybe thats why Im not upset.  But so far I give it and 8/10
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Of course, rich people are evil scumbags that take advantage of poor people.......robots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut?

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you haven't watched the movie. In the movie, it costs over $1,000 a night to stay at the park. It is a park for wealthy people to let loose in a controlled environment.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, The synopsis pretty much points out how people desire murder,rape and general anarchy and hollywood is more than willing to provide it. Hence the sleezy host narrator talking about how he will make it more gruesome and they will eat it up
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked it.  Has a lot of potential.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone hear any speculation on where westworld is? Mars?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Possibly off of earth.  There was a conversation between that man and woman about how long that person was there for.  Making it sound like it was a period of time to stay where they were and couldn't leave.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Barefoot girl
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Possibly off of earth.  There was a conversation between that man and woman about how long that person was there for.  Making it sound like it was a period of time to stay where they were and couldn't leave.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed Harris character? I think he just meant he had been visiting Westworld for 30 years. Im wondering if Westworld is on another planet.  Also you bring up a good point.  Has he been wandering in there for 30 years? The people observing have not yet commented on him wrecking the plans of westworld
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't remember which two people but it was between the workers. It was along the lines of when does your stint end or some such which made it seem like it was a commitment on the employee part and not something they could walk away from or leave whenever they felt like it.  Which could indicate a place (of world) not easily accessible by conventional travel.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just finished the first episode. Very confusing, even with prior knowledge of what it's about.

I'll hang around for a few more episodes though. I have a feeling it's going to get really dumb after a few episodes like The Leftovers did.
View Quote

lol wut?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

lol wut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut?

Stop liking what I don't like!
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty good. My wife talked meant watching it, interested to see where it goes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just watched the original a week ago.  I think Ed Harris is a good choice for the Gunslinger.
View Quote

I remember the original. Ed Harris is a damn good fit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]
1) did anyone else catch the universal globe in the terminal on sub level 87 (or where ever the hell they went)?
2) kinda strikes me as a total recall set up with the location...
3) music rocked
4) she killed the fly
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut?

Come over next Sunday night and watch it with me, I'll tell you what's happening.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I can't remember which two people but it was between the workers. It was along the lines of when does your stint end or some such which made it seem like it was a commitment on the employee part and not something they could walk away from or leave whenever they felt like it.  Which could indicate a place (of world) not easily accessible by conventional travel.

View Quote
You are right. Its when they were on the catwalk
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

1) did anyone else catch the universal globe in the terminal on sub level 87 (or where ever the hell they went)?

3) music rocked

4) she killed the fly
View Quote
Yes that globe and lobby look the same. Almost like a worlds fair that had been abandoned
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]
i never read the book or saw the original, but had been looking forward to watching this on HBO.

saw the episode last night, really enjoyed it.

intrigued to see where they take it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
WTF is all I have to contribute
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:38:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok I finished the first episode. Actually me and a bud watched it simultaneously  (He lives in the UK)

We both came to the conclusion that Anthony Hopkins character is actually a synth himself
and that explains why he is putting "mistakes" in the programming of the other synths.

The show is probably going to keep this a secret till near the end and then reveal he has been a synthetic human all along ( A robot of sorts)

I think the big clue was when they went into the sub-levels and saw him having a drink and conversing with the other robots as if he was their equal.

Mark my words, he will probably be responsible for some sort of coup where the other robots take over the main command center.

There was also a conversation between the lady and the British programmer where he tells her there is a "hidden agenda" behind the project they're working on.
Another clue that the park is meant to be more than a tourist destination. The bigger plot is that they're working on perfecting artificial intelligence and
Anthony Hopkins is part of the touring test in which they have yet to discover he is a robot himself , programming the other robots.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#27]
They fucked with us having the Gunslinger be human so I'll agree with you on Anthony Hopkins being a synth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Im going to go with the black guy is a synth . Thats why he didnt need a weapon when they went to the basement. He is in cahoots with anthony hopkins in the revolt. Notice how black science guy is absorbed about copying human emotion.  And he didnt want to pull the upgraded synths. I seem to recall black science guy is a recent team member and has not been there since the beginning. Anthony hopkins character has probably been   integrating synths into to work force to the point where they believe they are human and dont remember anything prior.  Synths watching synths . Kind of like how network tv makes the shows and image of what they want.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ok I finished the first episode. Actually me and a bud watched it simultaneously  (He lives in the UK)
We both came to the conclusion that Anthony Hopkins character is actually a synth himself

and that explains why he is putting "mistakes" in the programming of the other synths.
The show is probably going to keep this a secret till near the end and then reveal he has been a synthetic human all along ( A robot of sorts)
I think the big clue was when they went into the sub-levels and saw him having a drink and conversing with the other robots as if he was their equal.
Mark my words, he will probably be responsible for some sort of coup where the other robots take over the main command center.
There was also a conversation between the lady and the British programmer where he tells her there is a "hidden agenda" behind the project their working on.

Another clue that the park is meant to be more than a tourist destination. The bigger plot is that they're working on perfecting artificial intelligence and

Anthony Hopkins is part of the touring test in which they have yet to discover he is a robot himself , programming the other robots.  
View Quote

after watching the 2nd time, I agree that the "real agenda" by "management" probably has to do with some or most of the workers are themselves skin jobs and is testing their ability to determine if they are.

Also just realized that Buffalo Bill was Michael Wincott.  Hadn't seen him in any shows or movies in a while.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not really hooked yet.  It's "ok" so far.  I will give it a go for the season though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Wanted to like it, looks "meh".
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes that globe and lobby look the same. Almost like a worlds fair that had been abandoned
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3) music rocked
4) she killed the fly

It is a Delos globe. We know that something happened 30 years ago; however, we don't know what exactly happened. There are hints though. For example, the armed security that went down to the lower levels with Bernard. Why is there heavily armed security for an amusement park?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Thought it was good. Has potential to be a really good show. I will keep watching.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It is a Delos globe. We know that something happened 30 years ago; however, we don't know what exactly happened. There are hints though. For example, the armed security that went down to the lower levels with Bernard. Why is there heavily armed security for an amusement park?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3) music rocked

4) she killed the fly

They already hinted at incidents previously.  So keep in mind, they said that 10% of the skin jobs got the new update which he said was around 200.  So there are at least 2000+ skin jobs active in the park.  They said the ones in cold storage do not receive the updates.  So there are X number of others in cold storage.  

So I'd say they definitely need a security force.  However we only see like 4 of them.  I'm not sure if thats the extend of their security or not, but that definitely isn't enough to combat 2000+ synths.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#35]
So the wild bill hickock looking dude that Anthony Hopkins was drinking with was the 2nd oldest host in the park and looked like shit, Delores is the oldest but has been continuously rebuilt and is still going.  I get the feeling she will be the one to lead the robot revolution, her "father" broke his programming after finding the picture of the real world and made the mistake of letting the programmers know.  Delores has been around long enough and seen enough hosts lobotomized to keep her mouth shut good and tight and not let on that she broke her programming.

ETA: In her final interview before the end of the episode she was asked if she had ever hurt a living thing and answered no, immediately after she sways the fly.  Tells me she is able to lie to the programmers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Anybody watching?  Interesting so far.  

Anyone catch what the player piano in the saloon plays?  
View Quote

Black Hole Sun, and elsewhere Paint It Black was heard.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody watching?  Interesting so far.  

Anyone catch what the player piano in the saloon plays?  

Didn't catch the first song, but picked it up on BHS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Watched the first episode more then once.

I'm absolutely excited to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3) music rocked
4) she killed the fly

Maybe look for Yule Brenner in the crowd of deactivated androids/synths, if that's what they call them in the show (even though the movie was more than 30 years ago).   It was a bit hard to follow (I guess they can't answer every mystery in the first show) but I Will continue watching
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Duped myself
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

There was also a conversation between the lady and the British programmer where he tells her there is a "hidden agenda" behind the project their working on.

View Quote

Starting to sound like Jurassic park with Robots.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I think the piano will play a big part of the show. I noticed in the opening credit that the synth is playing and then moves away as the "machine" takes over.  Also the piano has played very telling songs , seems to foreshadow some
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll watch episode 2 but the pilot wasnt very impressive.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
We liked it.

I had to re-watch it because I was nodding off Sunday night, but definitely like what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#45]
The only thing I have to add; that isn't black science man - it is the Bond CIA dude.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm watching it for the third time. There's a lot about it that's creepy as all get out. I am interested to see how the story progresses.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#47]
When ERWs first father host was talking to Anthony Hopkins in the lab, he sounded a lot like Ed Harris' character.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I noticed all the guests who were armed were wearing a shade of purple, even the man in black had a dark purple tie on. I wonder if it will be a color of the day or the only color used for wear if you are an armed guest.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The only thing I have to add; that isn't black science man - it is the Bond CIA dude.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.46861263.5230/flat,800x800,075,t.jpg

http://www.badazzmofo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Felix-Leiter-4.jpg
View Quote

He is also in Hunger Games and Source Code.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I noticed all the guests who were armed were wearing a shade of purple, even the man in black had a dark purple tie on. I wonder if it will be a color of the day or the only color used for wear if you are an armed guest.
View Quote

interesting theory.  Cause I was wondering how guests could tell the skin jobs from the other guests.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top