Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that lp, keep your chin up read some of the gd threads and you'll feel better

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Will keep both of you in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
25, eh?

The world is your oyster.

When you're 50 and you haven't made anything out of yourself you can start to worry.

You're going to be fine
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Time to grab life by the tits (I'd have said balls, but you seem rather fond of those) and make it your bitch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
more like i need lots of bananas, turns out potassium is super important
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buck up LP.

Do the best with what ya got.

( And drink a lot of water )

Coconut water.  Tons of potassium and very refreshing.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time to grab life by the tits (I'd have said balls, but you seem rather fond of those) and make it your bitch.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/e3/e38c468c14f1dcbc49940cbf14256b7cc624aff374c1604f96465238f9c81bc1.jpg

I don't think he has a problem with the bull and the ass.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buck up LP.

be careful about potassium if you have kidney issues.  My daughter can't have any bananas at all, the mess up her BP and HR.  Kidneys control a crap ton and we don't even realize it.  BTW I am donating one of mine to her so watch your health and see a nephrologist to watch your renal function, they can advise it could be an option for you down the road.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry man, it's no fun when it feels like you're fighting with everything you've got just to not give up. If you're near the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang in there!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Best wishes to you buddy.  I'll be praying for your health.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i like it the job, but not ford, i have to deal with a trucks that are over 10000lbs on a constant basis, and only be 5"6 130 lbs, it tends to wear you down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The automotive repair industry made me miserable too. In all sincerity, consider a career change. It will make you happier and turn wrenching into a fun hobby instead of a dreadful occupation.

i like it the job, but not ford, i have to deal with a trucks that are over 10000lbs on a constant basis, and only be 5"6 130 lbs, it tends to wear you down

Guess I won't suggest a change to heavy equipment then. That's bull work and tires you out. I'm 42 and have done it for 9 years now after being a machinist/toolmaker for 10 years. I enjoy it but some days you wish you had a cushy office job after running a 1" impact for 3 hours.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear.  Hope life gets better soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Wish I was 25 again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Hang in there.

Well, at least till election day.

We need your vote.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hang in there.

We need your vote.
View Quote

Hope you feel better OP, don't watch the debates.

NIce car.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I quit working on cars when I was 26. You can too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#17]
When I got in my car accident three years ago, someone on here gave me some advice that I hated at the time. "Keep living and things will eventually improve".  He was right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Sack the fuck up, bro. You've got your whole life ahead of you. You've barely gotten started.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I know man..I have always been depressed ever since the nazis fucked my people in the ass and took their country over..

Seriously?

Unless you had friends or family that got killed you don't have much reason to go all Emo

Don't bitch about it, just make it happen.

FYI I started as a electrical apprentice 2 years ago and I'm 28

Make it fuckin happen
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad to hear you're ok d00d
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i live in the QC

i can see commienoise across the river

which is were i work at too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hate to hear this LP.  Iowa's a tough place to make a living if you aren't in DM, CR, or IC.  Hope it comes together for ya.

i live in the QC

I was gardening for $15 an hour in rock island back in high school.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

lube tech
View Quote
*snicker*

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#23]
How about those NDSU Bison!

Hope things get better for you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buck up LP.

Lite salt is your friend, as is squash (summer and winter squash both).
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Life can be a struggle. Some of us are physically infirm. Others are crippled emotionally. But if you try, you can find joy in each day. Take comfort in the people that love you. Do your best to move forward with dignity. And watch the obituaries for known classic car owners, so that you and BP can cheat their widow.

be strong
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have been listening to this a lot recently, it helps.
https://youtu.be/0vQn8apcbH4

Sorry i have not been around much.
Things have not been quite right for me since Orlando happened, just using it as a time reference, its been all down hill for a bit. summer was hot, aggravatingly hard to work on giant super dutys in the heat,
collapsed at work, twice, now have chronic Hypokalemia now, probably have a genetic kidney disorder, no surprise to me, things like that run in the family, so the next time spring rolls around im going back to the japanese or korean world, im just too fucking tiny to work on big fords, its killing me, literally, but o well,  the main things that have been wearing down on me recently is that i started out way too late, im 25 and still make 9$ an hour, as a peon lube tech, the economy around here is stagnant, i can hardly see or hear or write, which everyone i know especially at works complain about, its not my fault i was born fucking broken, so get fucking over it, and the old pontiacs i want are geting more, and more and more and more expensive, and i don't have a proper garage to maintain one any way, so i have settled to get a last year of a first gen Genesis G90/80 or 70 this is the time of the Korean car, just like it was for the Japanese from 85 to 2010, o well at least i have BP, hopefully i can turn things around next year and find peace in the shade.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-Genesis-G90-review-photo-SlashGear00015.jpeg
View Quote

that's a fantastic picture.   I love the background.

I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch.   I've been in one for about six years now.   Sometimes life sucks, plain and simple.   But its the trying times that make you appreciate the little things, and that help put everything else in perspective.

hold on tight... it will probably get worse before it gets better.   But it will get better.   The good thing about being at the bottom, is that you've got nowhere else to go but up.    
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#27]
25 isn't much bud. My advice, find a trade and work hard at it. Most trades are/will be in demand for good, solid workers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#28]
they dont quite know  yet, i dont have the cash lol, they think something like gitelman syndrome or something close to it
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not sure what BP's career situation is like but is there any chance of getting out of the QC area? My wife and I are an hour+ south of you and have vowed to get out in the next calendar year. Things around here are dying.
View Quote

he actually makes good money but combined we still cant go anywhere who knows in the future
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I was 24 when I started as an apprentice for a Mercedes Benz  dealer. I am now 38 and make twice the national average for income and am very happy with my job. If you are a hard worker, dependable and have half a brain, you can get a job as a lube tech at a Benz dealer and become a line tech in no time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not sure what BP's career situation is like but is there any chance of getting out of the QC area? My wife and I are an hour+ south of you and have vowed to get out in the next calendar year. Things around here are dying.
View Quote

Well, I am in building maintenance and I am making in the lower 20's/hr, which is pretty good for these parts so we are still getting by. We had an opening in a place near where he is currently working in which he would have started at 16/hr. but he really wants to stay in the automotive field if at all possible. We will see where he can go this spring and take it from there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hang in there.

We need your vote.
View Quote

Don't worry, he will be voting if I have to strap him to a dolly and roll him in to vote I have a feeling every single vote is gonna matter this time around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well, I am in building maintenance and I am making in the lower 20's/hr, which is pretty good for these parts so we are still getting by. We had an opening in a place near where he is currently working in which he would have started at 16/hr. but he really wants to stay in the automotive field if at all possible. We will see where he can go this spring and take it from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hate to hear this LP.  Iowa's a tough place to make a living if you aren't in DM, CR, or IC.  Hope it comes together for ya.

i live in the QC

you were lucky to have even SURVIVED rock island , was IH "international harvester" still around when you were in high school?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hang in there.

You're still young.
View Quote

This. You're also OK since you recognize that Joy Division was a pretty good band.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Life can be a struggle. Some of us are physically infirm. Others are crippled emotionally. But if you try, you can find joy in each day. Take comfort in the people that love you. Do your best to move forward with dignity. And watch the obituaries for known classic car owners, so that you and BP can cheat their widow.

be strong
View Quote

thats evil!

but i like your thinking
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The automotive repair industry made me miserable too. In all sincerity, consider a career change. It will make you happier and turn wrenching into a fun hobby instead of a dreadful occupation.

I don't understand. Do you have to push the trucks? Pick them up? What difference does it make how heavy they are?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't understand. Do you have to push the trucks? Pick them up? What difference does it make how heavy they are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Size and weight of parts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buck up LP.

I have a son with it in conjunction with his Type 1 diabetes. The treatment for diabetes exasperates the kalemia and vice versa. It could be worse. Just work through it and make choices that further the goals you want in  life. It really is that simple.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was 24 when I started as an apprentice for a Mercedes Benz  dealer. I am now 38 and make twice the national average for income and am very happy with my job. If you are a hard worker, dependable and have half a brain, you can get a job as a lube tech at a Benz dealer and become a line tech in no time.
View Quote

problem is is hardly any of the dealers around here are moving people, plus winter is coming....... lol GoT reference, so i have to wait till spring
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Hang in there man!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
25? Too late? Wat? Not sure I understand the see heat and write part, is this health related?

Find another job or look at training to do something else. Talking about yourself as "broken" is bad way to deal with your problems. Talk to a different doc maybe?
View Quote

Fuck I just started a new career at 30.  Went back to college at 27 and got a second degree.  Happier now...to hell with law enforcement now a days.  Not worth what they pay around here.  

25?  pfft.  I wish I was 25 again
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you try rotating the tires on 4 F450s in one day plus the other 15 other some odd cars/ trucks you have to mess with

o helping techs put a new rear end in a F750 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuksssssssssss

so heavy
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#45]
$9 an hour? That's how much my local Walmart is offering on their help wanted sign for cashiers. You could stand around in a climate controlled building, occupy space, and consume oxygen, and get paid as much as you do now.

Alternatively, you could keep working as hard as you do now, and chase competition.

It's time to GTFO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a degenerative lung disorder. Eventually I'll suffocate inside of my own body. Don't let illness kill your spirit to live. You just have to piss on your life to assert dominance and push on.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Dude.  You gotta pick the easier path.

CompTIA A+

CompTIA Network+

These will give you the entry point to do IT work.  You can still lift heavy things racking and stacking gear or putting together workstations and once you get past that, it's very white collar.  It also lets you turn wrenches as a side project.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

you try rotating the tires on 4 F450s in one day plus the other 15 other some odd cars/ trucks you have to mess with

so heavy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so heavy

Guy, the starter on a D8T bulldozer weighs 60lbs and has to be accessed by dropping a 200 lb belly plate.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#49]
What you need is a good woman.

Keep on keepin on. You aint got no other choice. Is there any way that you could do "shade tree" work at y'alls house? If you gat health insurance through BPs employer you could freelance and take the jobs you want, turning down the bad stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

problem is is hardly any of the dealers around here are moving people, plus winter is coming....... lol GoT reference, so i have to wait till spring
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that have to do with anything?

If you wait until spring, you'll burn another half a year. Don't do that. Find some motivation, embrace it, and make some shit happen.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top