Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
How long until the SJWs start demanding the installation of grill cameras?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not in the small towns here. They get them modified out the ass. I'm okay with them not even having cameras though. Never had an issue with any officers.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, we where never told to raise the hoods on our ambulances, despite the fact that sat idling in 120 degree heat for 8-10 hours some days, never saw a patrol car with its hood up either. VA not spring for the hot weather package on their rigs?

Police cruisers typically have upgraded cooling systems for the engine, oil, and transmission so tge car can be used in high speed chases and long idle times.

I dont buy their bullshit excuse for a second.  They will find another way to cover the dash cameras.

Thanks for proving once again that you cannot lead a horse to common sense.    "Police Cruisers" in a small town are whatever they can get for cheap from the local dealership. The only difference is the paint scheme and MAYBE an upgraded alternator.

Have any of you waterheads figured out yet that they would have to put the hood DOWN  in order to make a traffic stop in the first place?

Not in the small towns here. They get them modified out the ass. I'm okay with them not even having cameras though. Never had an issue with any officers.  

You know what makes his post more amusing?  His state has a cooperative purchasing program that his old department was forced to use.  No small town is going to go to the local dealer and buy a car when they can get a V8 police model Charger for $23,579.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tech question:   Are laptops not getting outdated, with pads and tablets available, is that something that will happen for le equipment?
Is the keyboard something that you still need ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 with Gamber Johnson mounting system.

That's a nice little box.  One of those with a DC-DC convertor should give you a pretty good efficiency and be able to handle losing power for a moment when you start the car.
Tech question:   Are laptops not getting outdated, with pads and tablets available, is that something that will happen for le equipment?

A neighboring agency to me has iPads in their units. I don't recall if it had any type of keyboard
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A neighboring agency to me has iPads in their units. I don't recall if it had any type of keyboard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a nice little box.  One of those with a DC-DC convertor should give you a pretty good efficiency and be able to handle losing power for a moment when you start the car.

Let me guess - there's at least one Sgt that tells his shift they have to write reports in the car................
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I saw them.  It's an interesting page with some ideas that make sense.  And I'm sorry if I offend, but I'd love to hear a manufacturer engineer give a testimonial rather than some officers on the use of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I saw them.  It's an interesting page with some ideas that make sense.  And I'm sorry if I offend, but I'd love to hear a manufacturer engineer give a testimonial rather than some officers on the use of them.

Why, the cops are the ones that actually test the things. I don't care what the manufacturer of a product tells me, they are the ones that stand to benefit financially from the success of the product. I wanna know what the guys who actually use and abuse it say. That's like saying you wanna hear what colt says their rifle will do instead of a group of combat veterans that all carried colts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fucking ambulance and fire stations around here are A/C cooled and heated.

Fuckers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Police cars are not typically parked in a covered, sometimes air conditioned, garage.

Air conditioned bays?  

Where is this dream station at?

Also, I'm not sure how that's relevant on the idea of keeping systems running and batteries charged when the car is parked at the station.

Fucking ambulance and fire stations around here are A/C cooled and heated.

Fuckers.

Here too
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let me guess - there's at least one Sgt that tells his shift they have to write reports in the car................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, if I had to guess I would say they have some sort of key board. That particular agency has really nice equipment. It's a low crime Mayberry type area which is usually how it works around here. I work in a fairly large city that has an extremely and unproportionally high crime/violent crime rate... And we don't get shit lol. Most of us don't have a computer at all
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm, work in a cop car garage, South of Danville. It gets hot.

Have never recommended, or heard recommended popping the hood to let the heat out.

Vehicle cooling systems are designed to work with the hood shut. If the vehicle is overheating and shutting down something is wrong, it ain't the hood. There may have been some credence to the practice back when fans were belt driven with p.o.s. viscous clutches.

If you're installing anything other than fuses and relays in the engine bay for the police package you have no business installing electronics.

Not that I belive they are doing it to obscur the camera, as who the f'k responds to a call bails out, hits the hood release on the way, then fumbles for the latch before distributing unwarranted beat downs and illegal searches? Seems to me "people are stupid" slices both ways in this case.
View Quote

Seems odd that no one has commented on this post.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I disagree with the red part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have never recommended, or heard recommended popping the hood to let the heat out.

Vehicle cooling systems are designed to work with the hood shut. If the vehicle is overheating and shutting down something is wrong, it ain't the hood. There may have been some credence to the practice back when fans were belt driven with p.o.s. viscous clutches.

If you're installing anything other than fuses and relays in the engine bay for the police package you have no business installing electronics.

Not that I belive they are doing it to obscur the camera, as who the f'k responds to a call bails out, hits the hood release on the way, then fumbles for the latch before distributing unwarranted beat downs and illegal searches? Seems to me "people are stupid" slices both ways in this case.

Who recommended it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A simple question of "When idling for long periods of time should the hood be raised to cool the engine?" is not a question that will get an engineer in the doghouse.

Additionally, if it is a problem that is common for police cars why are agencies not putting the demand out to manufacturers that this is an issue they should address?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An engineer working at an OEM is not going to endorse an aftermarket product like that - that's a career limiting move if his boss found out.

The Grand Cherokee 5.9 is an excellent example of an "endorsement" for that type of situation - high ambient temps, engine compartment that doesn't vent worth a shit, high heat load from the engine/other equipment.  

I've seen cases of underground mine trucks that melt hoses, turbocharger actuator diaphragms and other components because the OE didn't make provisions to exhaust the hot under hood air.

A simple question of "When idling for long periods of time should the hood be raised to cool the engine?" is not a question that will get an engineer in the doghouse.

Additionally, if it is a problem that is common for police cars why are agencies not putting the demand out to manufacturers that this is an issue they should address?

Did they listen when they killed the full size police car?  No you have mid size cars now.  Have you seen the available trunk space in a Charger with the full size spare tire included in a police package Charger?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You know what makes his post more amusing?  His state has a cooperative purchasing program that his old department was forced to use.  No small town is going to go to the local dealer and buy a car when they can get a V8 police model Charger for $23,579.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, we where never told to raise the hoods on our ambulances, despite the fact that sat idling in 120 degree heat for 8-10 hours some days, never saw a patrol car with its hood up either. VA not spring for the hot weather package on their rigs?

Police cruisers typically have upgraded cooling systems for the engine, oil, and transmission so tge car can be used in high speed chases and long idle times.

I dont buy their bullshit excuse for a second.  They will find another way to cover the dash cameras.

Thanks for proving once again that you cannot lead a horse to common sense.    "Police Cruisers" in a small town are whatever they can get for cheap from the local dealership. The only difference is the paint scheme and MAYBE an upgraded alternator.

Have any of you waterheads figured out yet that they would have to put the hood DOWN  in order to make a traffic stop in the first place?

What other options do they have?  We aren't buying chargers anymore for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut up white devil!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Coincidence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It wasn’t until she saw a post on Facebook...

...People are stupid.

Coincidence?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I honestly haven't seen a cop car raise the hood in the heat since the 80s. All of the ones I've seen here in Virginia are able to handle the heat and sweltering humidity much better than the officers can. I'm betting the Chief in Danville is an old-schooler who really doesn't know much about the modern cruisers and remembers when there was a single bubble gum machine light on top.

Still, I don't think it's a cover up the dashcam thing. I never attribute to malice that which is easily explained by simple stupidity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most dash cameras are mounted in the upper part of the windshield. So unless they have the hoods all the way up (which I doubt) they are not blocking dash cams.

Also I bet most in a situation where they are idling the vehicles for long periods of time the dash cams are not on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Despite the fact that the raising of hoods was not a dastardly conspiracy to rape and murder with impunity...

If the hoods obscure the use of the dashcam then raising the hoods is not an acceptable option, imo. The cameras are there, ostensibly, for both citizen and officer, they are meant to film the interaction, tax money was spent to create that program and it makes no sense to waste that money and that function.

Most dash cameras are mounted in the upper part of the windshield. So unless they have the hoods all the way up (which I doubt) they are not blocking dash cams.

Also I bet most in a situation where they are idling the vehicles for long periods of time the dash cams are not on.
What the hell is the dash cam going to see while sitting on the side of the road doing nothing? Dash cam might catch the hood flying up if they forget to close it though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bite, I have a great working relationship with a few of the guys at my departments garage. I also have a background in auto repair. Vehicles don't always work as designed. Especially in extreme circumstances like patrol vehicles are subject to. It's well known by the guys in the field that letting the hot air out from under the hood for a bit keeps our cruisers in service. Whether it should work based on the physics of it or what the shop tells me be damned, I know for a fact it works because I've done it personally.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who recommended it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who recommended it?

Two techs working on my patrol vehicle... Last week
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What the hell is the dash cam going to see while sitting on the side of the road doing nothing? Dash cam might catch the hood flying up if they forget to close it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Despite the fact that the raising of hoods was not a dastardly conspiracy to rape and murder with impunity...

If the hoods obscure the use of the dashcam then raising the hoods is not an acceptable option, imo. The cameras are there, ostensibly, for both citizen and officer, they are meant to film the interaction, tax money was spent to create that program and it makes no sense to waste that money and that function.

I left the hood pins out on my 79 trans am once, thankfully no one else was hurt by my stupidity.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Never seen it here, however, the cops wrap the block heater cords around the camera's and leave the plug dangling in front of the lens.
True story.
View Quote

Reminds me of the Milwuakee PD cops wrapping their cars' GPS antennas with tin foil.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A matter of minutes?  

How many amps do you think a laptop, a radio, and some LEDs pull?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not just turn them off?????

Because the camera systems along with the computers and radio will kill the battery in a matter of minutes.

A matter of minutes?  

I have a surplus F-350 Brush truck. It has a RPM controller to increase idle from 690 rpm to over 1150 rpm, because even with the engine on, the lights and radios will kill the battery pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'll bite, I have a great working relationship with a few of the guys at my departments garage. I also have a background in auto repair. Vehicles don't always work as designed. Especially in extreme circumstances like patrol vehicles are subject to. It's well known by the guys in the field that letting the hot air out from under the hood for a bit keeps our cruisers in service. Whether it should work based on the physics of it or what the shop tells me be damned, I know for a fact it works because I've done it personally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rancher dude parked by me at farm store and I heard him pop the hood, he left truck running a few summers ago.

Truck was 1 ton, no more than 2yrs old, I asked if it made a big difference, he said my wife and dawgs say it does.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 2003 CV patrol car caught fire on the side of the interstate while idling....in November.  There was a crash victim in the backseat resting after his rig went over an embankment and I was taking pictures of it.  Lucky I saw the smoke.  Police cars rear doors can't be opened from the inside.  I put the fire out myself with the trunk extinguisher but all the emergency equipment boxes under the hood had melted together.  

EMS =/= police
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTFO with logic and stuff.  This is a GD cop thread
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I've never seen it anywhere I have lived.

(IN, PA, CT, NJ.)
View Quote

Watched guys do it on road jobs here all summer long.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a surplus F-350 Brush truck. It has a RPM controller to increase idle from 690 rpm to over 1150 rpm, because even with the engine on, the lights and radios will kill the battery pretty quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not just turn them off?????

Because the camera systems along with the computers and radio will kill the battery in a matter of minutes.

A matter of minutes?  

Mr. expert volunteer firefighter there is too damn ignorant to realize that none of that stuff is connected to the battery in the first place. It's all run thru the inverter in the trunk, which WILL kill the battery in a matter of minutes and go into shutdown mode.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I thought the police interceptors had upgraded cooling systems to handle the additional stress.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Some, the electronics under the hood are the weak point.  I also replaced I don't know how many radiator fans on a 2009 CV interceptor.  Electronically actuated dual fan that went right behind the radiator.  Went through like 3-4 in about 2 years.  Looked plastic to me.  If the fan died, the car overheated if you weren't moving.  I never popped the hood though, just turned the car off.  I didn't even have a camera.  Only like 20% of our agency did due to high cost and the cameras normally didn't hold up more than a year before they went tits up (lots off off-road, cutting the median, etc.).  They couldn't take the vibration.  Might have been good for a city dept that never drives over 45 but us?  No.  

But a CV is supposed to have a bigger radiator, an oil cooler, and a bigger alternator.  All that doesn't mean shit if the radiator fan dies.  

I also don't think the manufacturers account for the additional heat created by all the electronic bullshit the agency installs under the hood after purchase.  That crap adds a ton of heat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hoods wearing hoods be worried when hood cops be raisin their hoods in the hood.
View Quote
Buy Pepe

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Looked at the plastic louvers on my hood this morning to see if they did anything..3/4 ton 4dr heavy duty 4wd.
Look like cheap plastic parts to me that say vortec...wtf chevy, gimme some real ventilation.

Now I'm gonna get my temp gun out and test em.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mr. expert volunteer firefighter there is too damn ignorant to realize that none of that stuff is connected to the battery in the first place. It's all run thru the inverter in the trunk, which WILL kill the battery in a matter of minutes and go into shutdown mode.
View Quote

You run lights and radios through an invertor to run off of 110vac?   Yeah, I'm the ignorant one.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still running incandescent bulbs?  And I'm noticing a lack of numbers in your post.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You run lights and radios through an invertor to run off of 110vac?   Yeah, I'm the ignorant one.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAybe hes thinking this?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Neither does the idea that police are popping the hood of their cars to block their dash camera's.
View Quote

That is very possibly the stupidest thing Ive ever read here. And thats saying a lot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Geeze thanks for the flashbacks.

My old department use to by standard civie cars and convert them to patrol use. What a nightmare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to get depts to buy them.    We never bought police interceptors because the were more expensive,. Just regular ol crown Vic and added wiring harnesses to them,. They looked like shit, ran like shit, and had parasitic battery drains so bad if we were on calls longer than 15 minutes we had to disconnect the battery and one guy on shift always had to carry a jump box.     City of 40000 with 55K+ calls for service every year.  It was embarrassing

Geeze thanks for the flashbacks.

My old department use to by standard civie cars and convert them to patrol use. What a nightmare.

No problem
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looked at the plastic louvers on my hood this morning to see if they did anything..3/4 ton 4dr heavy duty 4wd.Look like cheap plastic parts to me that say vortec...wtf chevy, gimme some real ventilation.
View Quote

Make sure to leave the vehicle running all day with AC and multiple aftermarket electronics running even when you aren't driving.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And today’s police vehicle already has heavy amp-draw demands from other emergency and communications gear. Plus today’s police vehicle has huge electrical demands for the powertrain and body control functions. The vehicle itself needs most of the alternator output and cannot spare much for police gear.

To make matters even worse, the rated alternator output is the maximum possible under ideal test conditions. As the ambient temperature goes up, and as the under-hood temperature goes up, the alternator output falls off.
Powertrain controllers that automatically increase the idle rpm as they detect heavy amp-draw help a little bit, but not enough.

Alternator output varies by police car make, but the math is the same. The alternator never produces the rated output in actual use. The vehicle already uses most of the power, depending on the vehicle accessories in use, i.e., A/C, rear window defroster, radiator electric fan, heater motor. Some of the police equipment has a steady power draw, i.e., laptops, radar, in-car camera. Precious little power is left for the flashing emergency lights.

In comparison, a fully activated, multi-function LED lightbar pulls about 14 amps, and many lighting functions on the LED bar pull less than 5 amps. The widespread use of the LED lightbar has single handedly made existing alternator capacity enough for police use in almost every police application. Yes, we are putting more electronic components into vehicles, like e-ticket printers, but out-running the high-output police alternator today is a clear exception, when it used to be the rule. The single reason is the use of low amp-draw LED emergency lights.

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=2061

Ed. Note: On a properly upfitted police vehicle, the battery will never be drained dead. Importantly, modern batteries cannot be deep cycled (drained dead) and then fully recover by being charged like the old lead-acid batteries. Deep cycling quickly ruins today’s batteries. Many die in as few as a dozen complete drains. Some lose up to 50 percent of their cranking capacity in as little as two complete discharges. If it goes dead twice, it is half the battery it once was.

Power drains take two forms. One is the amp draw from emergency and communications equipment exceeding the output of the alternator while the vehicle is running. Even with 200 amp (and upcoming 220 amp) alternators, or alternators with high-idle software, it is entirely possible to overtax the alternator.

The upfitter’s manual available from all three automakers indicates how much current the basic (non-upfitted) vehicle takes to operate, and how much current various accessories (like a rear window defroster) take to operate. With all police vehicles, under some circumstances, there is very little alternator output to spare.

The manufacturer of each upfitted aftermarket device (radio, lightbar, e-printer) can provide the amp draw for its devices. The total demand from the operation of these aftermarket devices cannot exceed what amps are still available after the needs of the basic vehicle.

If the amp demand exceeds the amp supply, the battery will start to drain, even though the engine is running. The battery will eventually be drained to the point that the vehicle will not be able to start. The solution is either to reduce the amp draw (install or use less battery-draining devices) or to have these devices selectively, automatically shut off.

The second source of power loss is parasitic amp draw from all of the aftermarket accessories installed during upfit. MDT computers, in-car cameras and other electronic gear can continue to pull small amounts of power even if shut “off.” These milliamp, insignificant amp draws will drain a battery dead just as sure as the 75 amp halogen lightbar.

Many solutions to parasitic power drain exist. Parasitic drain is very different from the 140 amp power draw from operating emergency gear exceeding the 120 amps at idle produced by the alternator when the car is running. This can, indeed, deep cycle and kill a battery. That is why a proper amp load calculation must be done.

Instead, parasitic draw comes from dozens of milliamp draws from the car’s own computers and control modules, as well as aftermarket laptop computers, in-car video systems and communication gear. In these cases, the constant, round-the-clock milliamp draws all add up, and the result is a dead battery.

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=1420
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Make sure to leave the vehicle running all day with AC and multiple aftermarket electronics running even when you aren't driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked at the plastic louvers on my hood this morning to see if they did anything..3/4 ton 4dr heavy duty 4wd.Look like cheap plastic parts to me that say vortec...wtf chevy, gimme some real ventilation.

That would be frowned upon  where I work

Chevy louver pics, maybe hot air exits thru some of the holes and then thru the louvers, dunno ?

</img />

</img />

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

<Wall of Text>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<Wall of Text>

I once again commend your ability to post walls of text that actually support my overall position while not being relevant to the post you quoted.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys argue over their strangest things

(Not me of course)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys argue over their strangest things

(Not me of course)

Don't tell us how to quibble.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAybe hes thinking this?
http://www.whelen.com/images/_automotive/Sirens_Amplifiers/CanTrol-WC/Applications/cantrol_exp_rear-2.jpg

Those are really cool systems if you look into them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That would be frowned upon  where I work   Chevy louver pics, maybe hot air exits thru some of the holes and then thru the louvers, dunno ?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/hood_zpstiyf0lo0.jpg</img />

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/hood2_zpsk8cnnvdo.jpg</img />

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be frowned upon  where I work   Chevy louver pics, maybe hot air exits thru some of the holes and then thru the louvers, dunno ?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/hood_zpstiyf0lo0.jpg</img />

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/leonjohnson1942/hood2_zpsk8cnnvdo.jpg</img />

Then I'm not really sure what your cosmetic fake louvers have to do with the topic...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are fake.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Then I'm not really sure what your cosmetic fake louvers have to do with the topic...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not much really, just discussing louvers, if you don't like it, oh well, that's your issue.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
They are fake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are fake.
Thanks, I thought so.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#47]

If an officer wanted to conceal his shady behavior,  he could pull in front of you instead of behind during a traffic stop.  Also, he could play AC/DC at high volume to obscure any audio recordings while he gets in your face like a maniac and tries to pull your helmet off with the strap buckled.

That's my experience anyways; not sure how it's done elsewhere.

BTW - I filed for a copy of the video but  it turns out the recording equipment was "Out of service/Unavailable" that day for some reason.  No video or audio from that officer that day- Imagine that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

#HoodsupforHarambe

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Not really buying it.

Anyone that has seen what the manufacturers put their cars through on the proving grounds would agree.

If it is indeed an issue, then have local hot rod shop louver the hood.  Instant bad ass cop car.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top