BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think a lot of people overhyped it. GD expected him to swoop onto stage riding a shark with a laser mounted on its head and blast her into a pile of ash. My prediction is he gains a slight advantage in the polls or things basically stay the same. He came off as Trump, not a politician. The average person only watched the first ten minutes anyway, and at that point he was kicking ass.
View Quote

Don't worry, all the soundbites on repeat will be from the second half.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
He blew and might study for next time
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trump has lots of talking points he deliberately avoided, and she blew her whole load.

I think he did just what he intended to do. Chess not checkers.
View Quote

I'm sure that's the plan .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is the exact same way he behaved in the primary debates.

This is what you saw then, this is what you told us would destroy Clinton in these debates.  He did nothing shocking or surprising in any way.  

WTF were you expecting?

(and for the record, I don't think your savior and hero worship object blew it as badly as you think he did).

View Quote

Yep.

My response in the other thread:  "Trump doesn't win debates, he wins popularity contests.  I hope he keeps it up through November."
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He also blew it on page 2
View Quote

So did you.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
This is very simple to understand. Hillary demanded and received from her friend mr. Holt the questions ahead of time so she had the answers memorized the moderators job at this debate was to make Hillary look good and to do his best to degrade and trip up Trump and keep him on the defensive was the most corrupt debate I have ever seen this She-Devil is a witch with a capital B and the hottest place in hell is reserved for her.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So did you.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He also blew it on page 2

So did you.  

Yes I did, Trump is a hot topic tonight
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think a lot of people overhyped it. GD expected him to swoop onto stage riding a shark with a laser mounted on its head and blast her into a pile of ash. My prediction is he gains a slight advantage in the polls or things basically stay the same. He came off as Trump, not a politician. The average person only watched the first ten minutes anyway, and at that point he was kicking ass.

View Quote

You hyped him up more than anyone on this site. You own the hype .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think he's going to lose the momentum and gains he made in the past few weeks. MSM already jumping all over him everywhere you look.

Not over yet, he has a few more debates left. But he needs to practice and be coached.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, he was Trump.

Im not sure why people here are reacting the way they are like it was some different Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the exact same way he behaved in the primary debates.

Yeah, he was Trump.

Im not sure why people here are reacting the way they are like it was some different Trump.

Saints are 0-3. Didn't see that coming. I had them up by a field goal.

Better luck next time, I guess. Can't pick 'em all.

Oh, and something something, Giant Douche/Turd Sandwhich debate, whatever.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Meh, last time around everyone was all enamored with how well Romney did in the first debate...then nothing, then he lost.

I will withhold judgment for the time being.

He will certainly need to come out better prepared for the next debate and finish strong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is very simple to understand. Hillary demanded and received from her friend mr. Holt the questions ahead of time so she had the answers memorized the moderators job at this debate was to make Hillary look good and to do his best to degrade and trip up Trump and keep him on the defensive was the most corrupt debate I have ever seen this She-Devil is a witch with a capital B and the hottest place in hell is reserved for her.
View Quote

Both knew the questions before the debate.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the USP Tactical already, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Started out strong in the first 10 minutes
Then spent the entire time on the defensive
Hillary had all of the witty remarks
He failed to attack on her plenty of opportunities (BLM, emails). Instead kept saying "I agree with Hillary" then went on tirade all over the place defending himself
Then he caps the entire debate with "If she is President I will fully support her"

Where was the Trump from the Republican debates with the witty attacks? Where was the energized Trump?

He looked nervous and kept rambling on, taking sips of water every second. Meanwhile sickly Hillary didn't touch her water once.
View Quote
you

If you are trolling you suck like an Oreck  better luck next time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think he's going to lose the momentum and gains he made in the past few weeks. MSM already jumping all over him everywhere you look.

Not over yet, he has a few more debates left. But he needs to be practiced and coached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not over yet, he has a few more debates left. But he needs to be practiced and coached.

Well if this prediction doesn't cement a Trump victory in November, nothing will.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
No he didn't.

If anyone is keeping track, this is me defending Trump and gym007 criticizing him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't be surprised if Fox declared Clinton the winner on this one.  She definitely seemed more presidential.  I hate to say it, but Donald should be in damage control mode now.  I hope he can turn it around.  That was awful.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I was at work and didn't watch, but if even the OP thinks it went bad....fuuuuuuccckkkk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No he didn't.

If anyone is keeping track, this is me defending Trump and gym007 criticizing him.
View Quote

Gym is a Hillary voter.

That's the only explanation for any criticism of Trump, ever.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.  Not a deal clincher for either one.

Holy shit did she lie and lie about her racist campaign not starting the birther issue.  Bull shit!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]
He did just fine tonight.

She resorted several times to the Biden "laugh" and you could tell Trump was being dynamic when she was clearly unable to respond.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I think he did better than GWBush first debate in 2000.
Now if only he can get her riled up enough to leave the podium and try to Vince Foster him on live tv....

They should give the candidates drug tests because she was getting a little too much pharmaceutical assistance tonight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol at those who were voting for Trump because they thought he was some master debater.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hillary wasn't that sharp at all. She could have sunk the knife into him while he was floundering around, but she just stood there enjoying her drug cocktail and waiting for prompts to regurgitate her pandering points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was too arrogant and was not disciplined enough to stick to his talking points. He does not need to defend every attack she levied - but he fell for it.

Don't think he expected Hillary to be that sharp. I didn't.

She was well groomed. No screeching voice. No shrillness. No coughing or falling over. On point with the attacks. Witty comebacks.

Hate to say it but the wretched witch destroyed him from what I saw. Hopefully he learned his lesson for the next debates.

Hillary wasn't that sharp at all. She could have sunk the knife into him while he was floundering around, but she just stood there enjoying her drug cocktail and waiting for prompts to regurgitate her pandering points.

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if Fox declared Clinton the winner on this one.  She definitely seemed more presidential.  I hate to say it, but Donald should be in damage control mode now.  I hope he can turn it around.  That was awful.
View Quote

True, his asshole was on the line and it choked.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#27]
You know, I was disappointed, and then I started thinking about it. He didn't exactly start off strong in the primary debates either. He also looked like he had a cold. His eyes were red and his voice wasn't particularly strong. I think that ending piece where Hillary went for the jugular with the verbatim Megyn Kelly attack is going to make her look bad, especially given his response where he did not go after the shit she's done. He kept his cool in this light of a direct personal attack. He has time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#28]
For what he wanted he did beautifully.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#29]
OK

New Plan

Win Senate and House elections. Focus on that. As long as we control those, she cannot do anything that bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Trump did ok
Train keeps rolling.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#31]
"Hillary has the experience, I agree she does,.... the bad experience"

LOL. Trump really owned her with that line.
Woosh.  I laughed so hard at that one.  

He repeated it a few times because it was so good !
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#32]
More of a draw than a trainwreck. He rattled her and she was over speaking when he touched nerves. He had numerous open shots he could've taken but didn't. She was doped up a bit as seen in the placid stares and the wife commented on a subtle head bob/tic that was appearing periodically. Watching her demeanor just solidified my resolve to never vote for her under any circumstance.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Gym is a Hillary voter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No he didn't.

Gym is a Hillary voter.

Gotta love the irony.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#34]
He didn't live up to your expectations so he lost? lol

He did ok.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Gotta love the irony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gym is a Hillary voter.

Gotta love the irony.

Indeed.

I was going to crack open a bottle of something nice, but the lamentations of the messiah worshipers are heady enough to get drunk on tonight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#36]
More of a draw than a trainwreck. He rattled her and she was over speaking when he touched nerves. He had numerous open shots he could've taken but didn't. She was doped up a bit as seen in the placid stares and the wife commented on a subtle head bob/tic that was appearing periodically. Watching her demeanor just solidified my resolve to never vote for her under any circumstance.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I agree he completely missed an opportunity tonight.  I don't know if it changes much, though.  People seem to be really polarized, without a lot of true undecided voters actually in play.  (despite what they may say)  I was listening to the callers on C-SPAN after the debate, they all basically said it changed nothing for them.  

One fine, vibrant, highly-educated gem from MD, I believe, did point out that one of the reasons Trump wasn't fit to be Pres was because he "sniffed so much."  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude. In to see how that works out.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow. Some of you Trumptards are even more delusional than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I agree he completely missed an opportunity tonight.
View Quote

It would have been nice to see him take down Hillary like he took down Jeb...but then again, he doesn't hate Hillary as much as he hates Jeb so the motivation wasn't there, I suppose.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Donald did a good job of prepping the battleground IMHO.

Positioned himself square center in her and the MSM's  OODA LOOP.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I posted this in another thread-

"They" reined him in too far. Inner city murders, "Over 99% of gun owners do no wrong with their firearms, the crimes being carried out are a direct result of your party's, the Democrats, policies."

International policies and our safety- "Your criminal decision to have an unsecured server in your basement have done more harm to our country than any individual in the history of our country. You should be in jail."

"Racist Birther." "There was nothing racist about it. We have rules & laws in this country pertaining to who can become president. Rules and laws are something that you routinely ignore when it suits your agenda."

Fuck, there is so much more but I'm tired of typing.

He let waay too much slide.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
i guess that there is no other choice but to vote for hilary at this point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Wait...haven't you been a trumpeter since the get go?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Remember when you are your boys kept posting the number for the suicide holtline when Cruz was tanking?

Still got that number handy, bud?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Indeed.

I was going to crack open a bottle of something nice, but the lamentations of the messiah worshipers are heady enough to get drunk on tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gym is a Hillary voter.

Gotta love the irony.

Indeed.

I think people wanted hin to go all WWF on her but that would have only alienated him from the middle. He didn't do the best but he didn't stray too far off the reservation, which is a win.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#47]
He just got beat by 4+ touchdowns.  If It was a football game it would be 27-3.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i guess that there is no other choice but to vote for hilary at this point.
View Quote

And the trump morons just keep mouth breathing .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That was Trump being Trump, so I don't think anyone should be shocked by it. The only complaint I had, was that he missed quite a few opportunities to bash her.

I doubt this debate caused anyone to switch sides so no loss there. He just needs to focus on keeping his voters enthusiasm up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He didn't live up to your expectations so he lost? lol

He did ok.
View Quote

He debated like Jeb
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top