Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2016 11:10:35 PM EDT
C'mon.

All he had to do was needle her, push a few buttons, and watch her spontaneously combust. At the very least, hit her where it hurts: emails, lying, Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, tax increases, et al.

Instead, to the uninitiated she looked calm and in control of the stage. She controlled the tempo of the debate, and she led him into talking in circles, repetition, and bloviation.

The debate was hers to lose, and lose big.

And FFS, Trump... STOP TAKING THE BAIT.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw.  No voters swayed either way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh. I think he introduced himself and his platform to millions of Americans...and he did it well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit this poll. trump is actually winning this poll

Who won the debate poll
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
He doesn't understand how to debate; ANSWER YOUR OWN FUCKING QUESTIONS. THE pivot AND then ATTACK !

Is that hard to do?

Hillary:  "I spoke to a lot of people that've done business with you who say you're never paid them, that's not right"

What Trump should've said: "Well, I've talked to the families of the dead soldiers that blame YOU for getting that 3am phone call and doing nothing".

What Trump said:  "Ummm..that's wrong, I paid them, or maybe they didn't do a good job".  

Amateur !  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who won the debate poll
View Quote

50/50 as of right now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why didn't he call her Crooked Hillary!?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]

"A little"?

Dude, Hillary bent him over and fucked him in front of 100 million people.

The bar for Trump was incredibly low tonight.

He just had to come on and act like a real human being instead of the cartoonish caricature that Hillary and the MSM have made Trump out to be.

Guess who showed up?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
He had to show he had a calm temperament.

Saving the nukes for later
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"A little"?

He just had to come on and act like a real human being instead of the cartoonish caricature that Hillary and the MSM have made Trump out to be.

Guess who showed up?

View Quote

Not what I saw.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"A little"?

Guess who showed up?

View Quote
The exact same guy who acted the exact same way in the primary debates and went up in the polls after?  Watching the panic in all the threads we can now say, "We all 13'rs"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's my take...

She hammered him with every detail she possibly could. In contrast, he could have hammered her a lot more and he didn't.

She is out of ammo. She shot every round I her magazine and everything from here on out is going to be old news.  Think she brought up every bit of dirt she has on him. She's out now.

The next two debates are going to be his.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"A little"?

Guess who showed up?

View Quote

Yep....He should have been more reserved, more focused and stopped himself from babbling.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He had to show he had a calm temperament.

Saving the nukes for later
View Quote

Just stop...

The nukes should have been tonight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm just going to repost this in all the defeatist threads that pop up.

That was Trump being Trump, so I don't think anyone should be shocked by it. The only complaint I had, was that he missed quite a few opportunities to bash her.

I doubt this debate caused anyone to switch sides so no loss there. He just needs to focus on keeping his voters enthusiasm up.
View Quote

Bingo...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here's my take...

She hammered him with every detail she possibly could. In contrast, he could have hammered her a lot more and he didn't.

She is out of ammo. She shot every round I her magazine and everything from here on out is going to be old news.  Think she brought up every bit of dirt she has on him. She's out now.

View Quote

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Romney in a landslide
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That was Trump being Trump, so I don't think anyone should be shocked by it. The only complaint I had, was that he missed quite a few opportunities to bash her.

I doubt this debate caused anyone to switch sides so no loss there. He just needs to focus on keeping his voters enthusiasm up.
View Quote

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

People in other threads were wringing their hands that "he talked over the moderator!!"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here's my take...

View Quote

Very well said, and now its wikileaks October dump time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

50/50 as of right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who won the debate poll

50/50 as of right now.

Did tonight's debate change your mind?

Yes
   12 %
   No
   80 %
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only reason for the large turnout, wasn't to see watch the candidates had to see, but to see is Hilary was going to seize out and collapse.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Just remember. A majority here thought the "Between two ferns" interview was real.

Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only reason for the large turnout, wasn't to see watch the candidates had to see, but to see is Hilary was going to seize out and collapse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I must confess...

LOL
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Watching the badselfeater video again would have been more pleasant.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#28]
As has been mentioned, the bar was set incredibly low for Trump.

All Trump had to do was act the same way he did in the first ten minutes, for ninety minutes total. As it became more and more apparent that her attempts to frame the narrative and define their interaction were completely ineffective, she would have become uncomfortable, then snippy, then snarky, then cackley, then unglued. She CANNOT hold it together under pressure, and Trump controlling her would have brought out that inevitable result.

Instead, he swallowed her bait... hook, line, and sinker. She was a puppeteer, and he painted himself exactly the way she's been describing him in front of 100,000,000 people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was an observation by someone who has recently come over to the Trump side, not defeatism.

Look at the polls. While I believe many of the silent majority will vote for Trump, it's only going to take a couple percent conversion to swing it for Hillary!.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He doesn't understand how to debate; ANSWER YOUR OWN FUCKING QUESTIONS. THE pivot AND then ATTACK !

Is that hard to do?

Hillary:  "I spoke to a lot of people that've done business with you who say you're never paid them, that's not right"

What Trump should've said: "Well, I've talked to the families of the dead soldiers that blame YOU for getting that 3am phone call and doing nothing".

What Trump said:  "Ummm..that's wrong, I paid them, or maybe they didn't do a good job".  

Amateur !  
View Quote

Sad. He gets a bit emotional and loses control.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's my take...

View Quote

I completely agree. Unfortunately not as many people are going to watch the last 2 debates. Not to the tune of 100 million.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's my take...

View Quote
Like a Rocky movie, right?

lol

If Trump can't be calm and lucid, he will lose.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Romney owned Obama in the first debate. Then it wound up not mattering a gnats dick because Obama owned the 2nd and third debates.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#34]
He's an idiot. That was pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here's my take...

View Quote

The problem is that she can fire that same ammo again and he'll react the same way

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that he was afraid to get too tough with her and later be branded "oafish" or "crude" as he's been portrayed in that Clinton ad.

It's only round one; too early to go for the knockout and as you said, he needs to keep his voter enthusiasm up but he also has to avoid energizing her voters while doing it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Read the transcript. He did terribly.

I know, people will call me a DU Troll, but anyone being open minded has to realize he is a disaster. He managed to hang on to his base. Too bad this wasn't a primary debate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Trump did nothing thst said: I am the man to be the next President;not only is she unhealthy,untrustworthy,corrupt,a liar,a thief,a manipulator,a prime reason for the Middle East shit show,someone who chose a rapist over a child victim...I have the wisdom and experience to lead.

I know the reality is that this election is only about who hates the other side more and that is simply pathetic. The US is fucked with either of them,either her machinations or his huge deals.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that hard to do?

Amateur !  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that hard to do?

Amateur !  

And people can see the difference between someone who's 'real' and a very well polished turd like Hillary

Quoted:

"A little"?

Guess who showed up?

And the people STILL don't like Hillary. Trump didn't 'bash' her and missed a few easy ones, but how well did that work for Mittens in 2012?

I'm sure you, Beck,  and the besltway types at National Review are having fun gloating, but the needle won't move for Hillary because of this
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I think that he was afraid to get too tough with her and later be branded "oafish" or "crude" as he's been portrayed in that Clinton ad.

It's only round one; too early to go for the knockout and as you said, he needs to keep his voter enthusiasm up but he also has to avoid energizing her voters while doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't afraid. He is too stupid and prideful.

Why bring up emails in relation to taxes? Why not say, "I will release my taxes the instant she releases her Goldman Sachs speech transcripts." Then he would be playing economic policy and distance from middle class against her. She wants him to show just how little he supports this country financially. She wants people like me to look at him as a freeloader. He needs to spin her as the defender of Wall Street.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is that hard to do?

Amateur !  
View Quote

I agree. It was obvious that the stage was set to hurt him and benefit her.  The lighting and the camera focus on him was sharp and harsh, highlighting every wrinkle and facial flaw, while on her, it was soft and unfocused, erasing her bags and wrinkles. The moderator was obviously biased against him, treating her with kid gloves. He needed to stay on message instead of going off on rambling rants. He needed to point out every issue where she is weak. Emails, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, her health issues - Instead, he just kept hammering her on trade, making the same point over and over.

I doubt he did any real debate prep at all, and it showed.  He needs to stop thinking he's the best at everything and prepare better next time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#42]
The worst part is that he left tons of material for the media to blast him about. If you go to Reddit the front page of the politics section is filled with.

Trump brags about not paying taxes.

Trump did blame China for climate change and here's proof.

Trump lied about supporting the Iraq war and here's proof.

Trump interrupted Hillary 26 times in the first 25 mins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I agree. It was obvious that the stage was set to hurt him and benefit her.  The lighting and the camera focus on him was sharp and harsh, highlighting every wrinkle and facial flaw, while on her, it was soft and unfocused, erasing her bags and wrinkles. The moderator was obviously biased against him, treating her with kid gloves. He needed to stay on message instead of going off on rambling rants. He needed to point out every issue where she is weak. Emails, Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, her health issues - Instead, he just kept hammering her on trade, making the same point over and over.

I doubt he did any real debate prep at all, and it showed.  He needs to stop thinking he's the best at everything and prepare better next time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that hard to do?

Amateur !  

His camp admitted he didn't do any practice debates or walk through. He even mocked her for taking time off the trail to prepare.

Any talk of bias is absurd. He was his own worst enemy. For those of us able to think critically, it was what we expected. For those married to the mango, the task is to rationalize his failure by blaming others. He is a garbage person and a garbage candidate. He will be a terrible President and he will not win. The last thing he needs are two more opportunities to be made a fool on prime time television.

He lied about climate change denial.

He said "Why not" when Clinton joked about being blamed for everything.

He kept mentioning Hannity like any Americans think he is a credible source.

He said not paying income tax was smart.

He took pride in not paying out on contracts, saying maybe they did a bad job.

He acted like an idiot, and Clinton wasn't even trying hard to set him off.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#44]
I doubt it matters much.  I remember Romney kicking ass in the first debate but getting slaughtered every one after that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Hillary wouldnt shut up. She hogged the mic with her non stop Lies. Actually I only watched a few minutes. None of it matters to me, I'd vote for Stalin before I voted for Klinton.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Hillary wouldnt shut up. She hogged the mic with her non stop Lies. Actually I only watched a few minutes. None of it matters to me, I'd vote for Stalin before I voted for Klinton.
View Quote
He doesn't need to earn your vote. The debate wasn't for you.

He needs a mother in Ohio who isn't sure who to vote for. He did nothing to win her vote last night.

Interestingly, I've not seen any time analysis of the debate done yet. I do know that trump interrupted more frequently by a wide margin He interrupted her 22 times in the first 26 minutes.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#47]
He could have done better but I don't think she was the shining star. She said nothing about her platform on how to get jobs back but just more words about taxing,taxing and taxing the people. She wants free college education,she wants more solar energy-(we saw how that worked with Obama-big failure that costs tons of money), the government bailed out the same banks she complained to trump about making money, do we have to discuss NAFTA and other liberal trade deals? I think Trump is right about getting the tax percentage lower for business' as the tax cost to open/operate a business now is insane. Why do we think all of these major business' are going outside the country? Taxes are lower with very little taxation to come back into the country. How many countries do we give raw materials to, only to have them send us finished goods and they make the money? Some people say the UAW killed the auto industry and some of that may be true, but it is also the business itself that is able to pay less money,benefits,etc., to foreign workers but yet be able to bring their product back here and sell for crazy prices. Look at the prices of regular work trucks for crying out loud. How many more Americans can afford to buy one without having to take on a mortgage payment for 6,7 or even 8 years of financing? Cars are becoming the same way. Look at how many parts on ANY vehicle now that are not made in this country but we have the cars assembled here. Is that our future? Looks like it to me. How many years are we going to do the same thing over again?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The worst part is that he left tons of material for the media to blast him about. If you go to Reddit the front page of the politics section is filled with.

Trump brags about not paying taxes.

Trump did blame China for climate change and here's proof.

Trump lied about supporting the Iraq war and here's proof.

Trump interrupted Hillary 26 times in the first 25 mins.
View Quote

that sub is full of CTR shills
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

50/50 as of right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who won the debate poll

50/50 as of right now.

Not any longer. But skip to the last question. Did this debate change your mind. 80% said no.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
His camp admitted he didn't do any practice debates or walk through. He even mocked her for taking time off the trail to prepare.

Any talk of bias is absurd. He was his own worst enemy. For those of us able to think critically, it was what we expected. For those married to the mango, the task is to rationalize his failure by blaming others. He is a garbage person and a garbage candidate. He will be a terrible President and he will not win. The last thing he needs are two more opportunities to be made a fool on prime time television.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not absurd.  The debates are all about making the best impression you can before the undecided voters. The stage setting, the lighting, the camera focus, the sound quality - they all matter.  If these things are set evenly, then both candidates are portrayed fairly. If they're set to make one candidate look and sound more attractive than the other, then the entire setting is biased against one candidate. This was the first thing I noticed last night - before either one even made their first statement. The lighting was softer on Hillary than Trump. The camera focus was harsher on Trump, making him look older and rougher.  Hillary's camera was zoomed in more closely, so that her face filled slightly more of her section of the split-screen than his face filled his. If you can think critically, then you realize that these things matter, and that the whole stage setting was biased in favor of Hillary. If you can't see this, then you only pretend to think critically while excoriating "the mango messiah" and you're part of the problem facing America today.

Trump was obviously not prepared for the debate and it showed.  But to say that any talk of bias is absurd is to deny reality.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top