Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, there goes my retirement plans.

Seriously though, I think he's bluffing the US in response to the western globalist's smear campaign against him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously though, I think he's bluffing the US in response to the western globalist's smear campaign against him.
View Quote

My Duerte dindu nuffin!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought everyone was all, "Yea! Asia for Asians, FBHO!! I hate him too!!"?

I don't agree with much of what our POTUS says or does but on an international theater I WILL support him and any US citizen who does not is a fool. Because when China starts launching attacks supported by their bases/resources in the Philippines or some other territory their bombs and homing missiles don't have an ability to differentiate between those who don't like Obama/love Putin and Duerte and those who don't.

It baffles my mind that ANY American would be cheering on a foreign president who makes disparaging remarks to our President. Other countries don't do that but we've become so fat, dumb and happy we think its cool.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought everyone was all, "Yea! Asia for Asians, FBHO!! I hate him too!!"?

I don't agree with much of what our POTUS says or does but on an international theater I WILL support him and any US citizen who does not is a fool. Because when China starts launching attacks supported by their bases/resources in the Philippines or some other territory their bombs and homing missiles don't have an ability to differentiate between those who don't like Obama/love Putin and Duerte and those who don't.

It baffles my mind that ANY American would be cheering on a foreign president who makes disparaging remarks to our President. Other countries don't do that but we've become so fat, dumb and happy we think its cool.
View Quote

I think the cognitive dissonance of some ARFCom'ers is amazing. We've gone, in a few years, from hating Putin to totally embracing him, then wanting to push out some allies because they are going to re-align with China, but don't like BHO, too. WTF? You can hate Obama all you want, but having allies switch sides is not going to be positive, especially when we were the ones to grant the country friggin' independence in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
he is ok.....what is your problem OP?  Their country....Their rules.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure why any smaller nations would try to align themselves with us after all of Obama's bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My Duerte dindu nuffin!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Duerte dindu nuffin!

Like I said, I have a gripe with the guy, his wedge in US/Filipino relations is fucking up my long term career and retirement plans.

That said, I do think the western media is hell bent on demonizing the guy. What I'm seeing in the news here and what I'm hearing from friends and family in the Philippines are two totally different things. I watched this kind of shit play out first hand when I was living down there, it's nothing new.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
PI signs 13.5 billion dollar deal with China
Ducherte declares a split with US
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, bye.  Hope you get a better deal elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every Filipino I've spoken to loves Duterte and supports his crusade against the drug dealers.  That entire country is corrupt, and every President since Marcos has been running on ending corruption and rooting out the drug dealers, he's the only one who's actually doing something about it.  

I say we butt out of it, leave them alone to clean house, it is their house.
View Quote

If anything, it will be useful to see how successful he is, what happens in a couple of years and if that works or if it backfires.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If the military doesn't end up deposing him, Ducherte will end up having to make up his mind: either be allied with the US or with China. He cannot be truly independent as a maritime island nation because the Philippines has no Navy (3 US donated Coast Guard cutters with no missiles) and no Air Force (12 Korean FA-50 trainer/fighters, no AEW). They are ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY reliant on (pick a superpower) to defend their interests.
View Quote

Duterte HAS made up his mind - he chose China. He held a press briefing in Beijing today in which he explicitly said he has chosen China over the US. Unless he exits the scene in the very near term you can forget freedom of navigation etc in the South China Sea. This is a major loss for the US in that part of the world.

Note that he said nothing about this course of action during his campaign. Guess he was waiting for the check from China to clear. I doubt many Filipinos (other than those who are also getting paid by China) agree with this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Duterte HAS made up his mind - he chose China. He held a press briefing in Beijing today in which he explicitly said he has chosen China over the US. Unless he exits the scene in the very near term you can forget freedom of navigation etc in the South China Sea. This is a major loss for the US in that part of the world.

Note that he said nothing about this course of action during his campaign. Guess he was waiting for the check from China to clear. I doubt many Filipinos (other than those who are also getting paid by China) agree with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the military doesn't end up deposing him, Ducherte will end up having to make up his mind: either be allied with the US or with China. He cannot be truly independent as a maritime island nation because the Philippines has no Navy (3 US donated Coast Guard cutters with no missiles) and no Air Force (12 Korean FA-50 trainer/fighters, no AEW). They are ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY reliant on (pick a superpower) to defend their interests.

Naturally, the fucking communist sides with Red China.  I hope the military deposes his ass.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Naturally, the fucking communist sides with Red China.  I hope the military deposes his ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One can hope.

CAN YOU IMAGINE? CHINESE RADAR, SAM, AND Anti-Ship MISSILES? All stationed throughout the PI.

Philippines owns Java Sea, Celebes Sea, Luzon Strait (Luzon/Taiwan) and all the approaches through the PI.
China already owns the Taiwan Strait.

This would give PRC control over all but one entrance to the SCS.

China wins the SCS without firing a fucking shot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the Philippines break ties with us, there will be a major shortage of nurses in southern California.
View Quote

I'm fine with that. They are compulsive liars and absolute shit nurses anyway. Fuck the whole lot of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]
If I were picking friends who I think I could rely on, I think the US wouldn't exactly be near the top of the list these days.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One can hope.

CAN YOU IMAGINE? CHINESE RADAR, SAM, AND Anti-Ship MISSILES? All stationed throughout the PI.

Philippines owns Java Sea, Celebes Sea, Luzon Strait (Luzon/Taiwan) and all the approaches through the PI.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One can hope.

IMO, we shouldn't have granted them independence, especially after all of the blood and treasure spent to get them back from Japan.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

IMO, we shouldn't have granted them independence, especially after all of the blood and treasure spent to get them back from Japan.
View Quote

Or we coulda just let Emilio Aguinaldo have the thing in 1898 and saved even more blood and treasure.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or we coulda just let Emilio Aguinaldo have the thing in 1898 and saved even more blood and treasure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Philippines has a neo-communist as president and this country is about to elect yet another communist president.

Has the whole world gone crazy?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we were better served by having them than not having them, especially in the geopolitical context of the day.  So were the Filipino people  Aguinaldo was a POS, anyways.  I have no problem with acquiring and maintaining colonies.

At the very least, we should have never given up our sovereign base areas that we retained as U.S. territory when we granted them independence.  This whole thing that's going on there is really going to hurt us if it continues.  The ChiComs cannot be allowed to expand any further.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#21]
The PI has a moron for a president. We should pull out and cut all ties and economic and military aid. Time to sink or swim for the PI.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While I like the idea of drug dealers being offed by any means, I doubt that Duterte is stopping at just "drug dealers" nor are those who are using his call to go kill them just killing drug dealers.  I have little doubt that political enemies, business enemies or any enemy period are being taken down too by everyone involved.  Its very possible the violence will multiply and go out of control in some areas leading to further destabilization.  
Although it would be hard to tell in the Philippines since it is such a fucked up corrupt shit hole as it is.

View Quote

That's how it works when dictators take over.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't.  The ones I know are furious -- and they were praising him for the murders.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One can hope.

Shit, a good number of them sided with the Japs.

When we left the Philippines, we should have outright kept some of the damn islands.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think we were better served by having them than not having them, especially in the geopolitical context of the day.  So were the Filipino people  Aguinaldo was a POS, anyways.  I have no problem with acquiring and maintaining colonies.

At the very least, we should have never given up our sovereign base areas that we retained as U.S. territory when we granted them independence.  This whole thing that's going on there is really going to hurt us if it continues.  The ChiComs cannot be allowed to expand any further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We decided to spend our money to pay people not work.

The fall of the colonies across the world has brought untold numbers of death and misery. Africa, Latin America, and Asia are all suffering because of it.

Some people do need to be ruled.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Would you bet your future on Obama and Hillary?
View Quote

I wouldn't bet MY future with either of those two or with trump for that matter. I'm voting for trump only for the possible SCOTUS nominations as I'm in under no dellusions of trump being able to do much of anything politically.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You are being a massive pussy.
Obama needs to be shit talked more often by world leaders; it is refreshing to get some honesty.
I also don't care if Duterte uses bullets to take out the trash in his nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of whining in a single OP. He called Obama what he is and I tip my hat to him for doing so, and he's one of the few actually tackling the issue of drug dealers within his nation.

You are down with the summary executions? Shall I address you as Kommisar or Reichmarshal?

Obama needs to be shit talked more often by world leaders; it is refreshing to get some honesty.

He's not being a pussy. Only an idiot would champion this type of approach to dealing with a problem and certainly not a freedom loving American.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you think for a minute that Duarte will limit summary exicutions to drug dealers only and not include political foes as well as anyone else that annoys him, then you have an infantile view of such things.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Absolutely nothing good came from the Spanish American War. It was chickenshit,needless and still costs the US enormous sums without any positive gains whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

While I like the idea of drug dealers being offed by any means, I doubt that Duterte is stopping at just "drug dealers" nor are those who are using his call to go kill them just killing drug dealers.  I have little doubt that political enemies, business enemies or any enemy period are being taken down too by everyone involved.  Its very possible the violence will multiply and go out of control in some areas leading to further destabilization.  

Although it would be hard to tell in the Philippines since it is such a fucked up corrupt shit hole as it is.

Exactly. If it's not even a secret that they're going after drug users and dealers with extrajudicial executions, I can only imagine what else is going on. I'd be shocked if they WEREN'T killing political opponents now.

ETA: I find it crazy that this dumbshit is trying to cozy up with China. When China is trying to IMPOSE it's will upon them and enslave them. All at the price of some dumbfuck Leader on top wanting to look like a tough guy. It's going to come at a great cost for his country.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He's not being a pussy. Only an idiot would champion this type of approach to dealing with a problem and certainly not a freedom loving American.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you think for a minute that Duarte will limit summary exicutions to drug dealers only and not include political foes as well as anyone else that annoys him, then you have an infantile view of such things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of whining in a single OP. He called Obama what he is and I tip my hat to him for doing so, and he's one of the few actually tackling the issue of drug dealers within his nation.

You are down with the summary executions? Shall I address you as Kommisar or Reichmarshal?

Yep... if you disagree with Duterte you must be a drug pusher and should be killed too. See how it works?

Philippines Senator who opposed Duterte and was investigating drug killings accused of crimes by Duterte and ousted, now in hiding fearing for her life.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Absolutely nothing good came from the Spanish American War. It was chickenshit,needless and still costs the US enormous sums without any positive gains whatsoever.
View Quote
It got me my wife.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Pretty good article on the issue from Foreign Policy
Read here

Discusses how PI has far more trade/economic interest with US and US allies / enemies of China than they do with China / Russia. This is also true for security interest and cultural interests. It pretty much lays responsibility for the entire fiasco with Duterte's personality.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Exactly. If it's not even a secret that they're going after drug users and dealers with extrajudicial executions, I can only imagine what else is going on. I'd be shocked if they WEREN'T killing political opponents now.

ETA: I find it crazy that this dumbshit is trying to cozy up with China. When China is trying to IMPOSE it's will upon them and enslave them. All at the price of some dumbfuck Leader on top wanting to look like a tough guy. It's going to come at a great cost for his country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REUTERS: Project Double Barrel Alpha will put a stronger focus on arresting politicians, military, police, government officials and celebrities allegedly involved in narcotics, the sources said.

Bet that is code for "Duterte's political opponents."
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REUTERS: Project Double Barrel Alpha will put a stronger focus on arresting politicians, military, police, government officials and celebrities allegedly involved in narcotics, the sources said.

Bet that is code for "Duterte's political opponents."

Kind of like how Erdogan using the coup attempt and his Gulenist bogeyman to purge the government, schools, military, etc. of those who oppose him or are suspected of such. Typical commie crap, but apparently being a Leftist gets you cheers around here if you say the right words and don't like Obama.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#35]
He sees leadership in other countries.  He wants to follow.  That's the way it is when you have poor leadership.  People jump ship.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I predict a military coup.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He sees leadership in other countries.  He wants to follow.  That's the way it is when you have poor leadership.  People jump ship.
View Quote

It has absolutely nothing to do with that.  He would have done what he did regardless of who is President.  Not everything that happens in the world has to do with Obama.  This guy is a complete shitstain bent on leading his country into ruin.  I do hope the military there takes him out.  What he's doing has consequences for quite a few countries, not just his own.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he does start trying to purge the military of opponents, or solidifies his pivot towards his country's enemy, Communist China (or both), I think it is well within the realm of possibility.  Those things will likely be the spars that set it off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

NO... it's that way when you are a commie fuckstain and you are willing to leg hump other commie fuckstains, even if they just finished raping your country out of all their Exclusive Economic Zone rights in the SCS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If he does start trying to purge the military of opponents, or solidifies his pivot towards his country's enemy, Communist China (or both), I think it is well within the realm of possibility.  Those things will likely be the spars that set it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US would of course support Duterte against the coup
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Philippines has had more coup attempts than Turkey, although fewer successful coups.

Quoted: This guy is a complete shitstain bent on leading his country into ruin.  I do hope the military there takes him out.  What he's doing has consequences for quite a few countries, not just his own.
View Quote

Yep.  Were PH to move to the Chinese sphere of influence, it would be devastating for the interests of the US, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Brunei, Australia, and others.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top