Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 9:46:47 PM EDT
I have a Colt Sporter M4 Carbine lower without any engravings for a caliber.  Running serial number thru Colts website it was manufactured in 2011.  

Not like I'm tier 1 or an expert by any means, but this is first one(Colt) I've ran across that didn't have a cal listed.  I've been thinking about F1 this complete lower into a SBR, but if it is rare(which knowing my luck it's worth $200 at best), the last thing I want to do it F1 it and get aftermarket engraving done.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
pic?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pic?
View Quote

Right side of magwell is blank with no cal markings

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
well a google search of colt sporter m4 carbine shows no caliber so, NO.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The lack of a caliber may mean the lower was produced for sale as a lower, and not part of a complete rifle, or simply that Colt chose for that batch to mark the caliber(s) only on the barrels.

If you're truly worried about value, it might be worth a call to the Colt archivist for their $25 ("quickie") documentation letter as to its configuration on the day it left the factory, and possibly some more information about its lack of caliber markings. More in-depth complete letters are more expensive, like $100, as I understand it - but you might catch a break or I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lack of a caliber may mean the lower was produced for sale as a lower, and not part of a complete rifle, or simply that Colt chose for that batch to mark the caliber(s) only on the barrels.

If you're truly worried about value, it might be worth a call to the Colt archivist for their $25 ("quickie") documentation letter as to its configuration on the day it left the factory, and possibly some more information about its lack of caliber markings. More in-depth complete letters are more expensive, like $100, as I understand it - but you might catch a break or I might be wrong.
View Quote

Thank you, sounds about the line of what a gun nut buddy told me.  Just wanted to make sure.  Only thought there was a 1% chance of best I had a holy grail.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top