Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they start early in Charlotte this week?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love this to happen and real consequences are given. Fire those that were already walking a thin line, and see how much their ass if going to enjoy being even more broke.  Any black person with a clue or decent job will know to come in to work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't this already happen in places on MLK Day?  Never seems to shut down the country or nothing. And there is more Monday Night Football so its all meh.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Obama's been on strike for 8 years already
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Making jokes is too easy.

Why on earth would a gainfully employed black person want to own this bullshit?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The jokes write themselves.

Link

Officer-involved shootings over the past several years have given rise to the Black Live Matter movement and a number of protests nationwide. Most recently, protesters took to the streets in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hand of police officers.

But African American actor Isaiah Washington who is best known for his role in ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," proposed a different kind of protest in a Facebook post on Tuesday:

"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America.

I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."
View Quote
View Quote

eheheheheheheh........really?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't I would even notice anything...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.

What % of the workforce?

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.

What % of the workforce?

I would like to defend my dark skinned brothers and sisters by noting that a great many Black people are fine, capable, productive, hardworking, citizens. I say this not because I'm afraid of being called a racist, but because I just want all the Black folk out there who are living up to their end of the Social Contract to know that truly appreciate them and value them as fellow citizens...

But, it ain't those Black folk who are going to be taking the day off in protest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just more evidence that people in Hollywood have NO fucking clue how the real world works.  
View Quote

Exactly.

It's easy to tell OTHER people to skip work.  After all those high-paid actors won't be paying the price if the regular joes get canned for it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont they already do that on every 3rd Monday in January?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would like to defend my dark skinned brothers and sisters by noting that a great many Black people are fine, capable, productive, hardworking, citizens. I say this not because I'm afraid of being called a racist, but because I just want all the Black folk out there who are living up to their end of the Social Contract to know that truly appreciate them and value them as fellow citizens...

But, it ain't those Black folk who are going to be taking the day off in protest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

I wasnt trying to attack them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Isaiah Washington is the guy that said "Gay Lives Don't Matter" back in 07.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
That will be a lot of brain surgery and rocket science that will have to be rescheduled.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
please let this happen
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#17]
All 50 of them?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Today's the day!

Let's see how many actually do this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The NFL wouldnt fare too well.  I think Wall Street would be OK.
View Quote

NBA would be fucked as well. USA Hockey would be good. Chik-Fil-A around me would still be open.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

Add decimal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Gotta admit that the post office would shut down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would be interested in the results, then try it with illegals on Tuesday and cops on Wednesday.
View Quote

I'll pencil in "The Purge" for Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#23]

This reminds me of the "Day without Mexicans" thing.

"I can't find lettuce at the store, and I don't hear any leafblowers. Something's up."

You can't take a day OFF unless you have a JOB.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#24]
So...will google be shut down?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe welfare beneficiaries can boycott by going to work that day.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Evidently a few of my co workers got an early start on this by missing Friday night............
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#27]

source?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That will be a lot of brain surgery and rocket science that will have to be rescheduled.
View Quote

I wonder if 'work' includes crime.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, it's Monday morning,  and everyone is showing up for work here at my office.  Guess they didn't get the memo.  Too busy having a life and being productive members of society I guess.

But then, I work in a professional office (land law), and it's considered a good gig.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

source?
View All Quotes

A collation of census bureau and fbi crime report data. I didn't create it, but I looked up GDP and it checks out and the crime stuff looks generally right from having seen the stats before.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#31]
This was a joke thread right?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, that'll work.  The African born blacks don't identify well with American blacks.  The Caribbean blacks are discriminated against by American blacks and they probably won't support it either.  The middle class American blacks don't identify with the po either.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#34]
And they will (both of them) be sorely missed.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yeah, that'll work.  The African born blacks don't identify well with American blacks.  The Caribbean blacks are discriminated against by American blacks and they probably won't support it either.  The middle class American blacks don't identify with the po either.
View Quote
When I went to Barbados, it was really weird that there was no chip on the shoulder of blacks there.

I was so used to it here that it really opened my eyes how bad race relations are in the US.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

All this, in exchange for peanut butter.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/E4009ABD-3D78-4586-887C-E656DD67C934_zpsvqmreo9s.jpg

But if you reverse that those crime numbers would fall by half or 75%
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Do it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'd rather see the FOP decide to take a day off. Just one.
View Quote
wasn't that the plot from 'The Purge' ?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds good. Maybe they'll get fired for failing to show up for work.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When I went to Barbados, it was really weird that there was no chip on the shoulder of blacks there.

I was so used to it here that it really opened my eyes how bad race relations are in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not surprising. Before I retired I had a number of out of status Africans that I arrested tell me that they don't understand why black Americans have such a bad attitude. They'd gladly trade places with them in a heartbeat. I'm guessing that life in America is much better than in Africa. At least that's the consensus from most of the Africans that I have talked to. I haven't come across a single one that wanted to go back to Africa. It's too bad we can't do an exchange program (sending some of ours to Africa) as a lot of these out of status Africans seem to be hard working people. (Not counting the criminal ones that commit fraud and thefts).
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And some call for boycotts!

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#43]
oh my.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#44]

If he really wanted to make a difference for blacks, he needed to ask them to not kill anyone for a full day. In Chicago alone that would save several lives immediately.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#45]
He assumes they actually have jobs?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If he really wanted to make a difference for blacks, he needed to ask them to not kill anyone for a full day. In Chicago alone that would save several lives immediately.

View Quote

ouch!....good one.

except the folks who kill probably don't much care one way or the other heck they shoot their bros in the back of the head at BLM protests....hoping nobody would notice.

and they pretty much didn't.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top