View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't show up for work, you are fired.
View Quote

Like I said...most of Hollywood are so sheltered from reality...hell they probably could not survive in it.

Kind of scary when you realize the roll they have in political influence in this country.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Fire everyone then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Isiah who?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The jokes write themselves.

Link

Officer-involved shootings over the past several years have given rise to the Black Live Matter movement and a number of protests nationwide. Most recently, protesters took to the streets in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hand of police officers.

But African American actor Isaiah Washington who is best known for his role in ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," proposed a different kind of protest in a Facebook post on Tuesday:

"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America.

I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."

Isiah who?

Didn't he get fired for some on-set homophobic diatribe some time ago?

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, sorta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.

What % of the workforce?

About 60% of my workforce.

It's ok, I'll be DT for a day, "YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Are you the guy who works on the railroads?

Yeah, sorta.

All the live-long day?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey this is serious the country could grind to a halt.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NBA, The Post Office and the NFA examining process would grind to a haul.
View Quote

Yeah, that huge black population in WV....
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Uhhhhhmmmm.

It would probably be less noticeable than when the Mexicans did it.

You have to work before you can 'stay home from work'.

In some cases over 50% of the black population of working age isn't working.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

According to Department of Labor report in 2011, 11.6% of US labor force is black.  20% of employed blacks work in public sector jobs.  Their unemployment rate is 15.8.  

Other stats: Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.

What % of the workforce?

According to Department of Labor report in 2011, 11.6% of US labor force is black.  20% of employed blacks work in public sector jobs.  Their unemployment rate is 15.8.  

That's actually pretty good if they're only 12% of the population and you figure you have to remove the young and old and incarcerated. Then take away another 15% from that group and you're probably looking at something like 8% of the population is 12% of the nations workforce. I just guessed on the 8% figure.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Next thing you know Ethiopians will be boycotting food.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's actually pretty good if they're only 12% of the population and you figure you have to remove the young and old and incarcerated. Then take away another 15% from that group and you're probably looking at something like 8% of the population is 12% of the nations workforce. I just guessed on the 8% figure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

Unemployment only counts those that are looking for work.  There is a very large black population that has lived cradle to grave on government assistance and has NEVER been part of the unemployment or labor participation figures.  Make no mistake there is a population of white which do as well, it is just a smaller percentage.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't they pretty much do this Monday-Friday anyways?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America.

I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."

Don't they pretty much do this Monday-Friday anyways?

You forgot Saturday and Sunday..
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

All this, in exchange for peanut butter.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/E4009ABD-3D78-4586-887C-E656DD67C934_zpsvqmreo9s.jpg

Even that part is BS.

http://nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-info/who-invented-peanut-butter.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Isiah who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Officer-involved shootings over the past several years have given rise to the Black Live Matter movement and a number of protests nationwide. Most recently, protesters took to the streets in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hand of police officers.

But African American actor Isaiah Washington who is best known for his role in ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," proposed a different kind of protest in a Facebook post on Tuesday:

Isiah who?

The guy who got fired from Greys anatomy for being racist and making homophobic remarks to other cast members.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't own any NFA goodies and I've never dealt with them, but why is this EXACTLY what I pictured?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The NFL wouldnt fare too well.  I think Wall Street would be OK.
View Quote

Patriots would still win.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#18]
There are 100 employees at my work,no So called African Americans.Last 3,fired for stealing,fired for failing drug test,and hired as a diesel tech,trained in military.Could not cage oil or replace a fuel filter.
We will be ok
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
How about every cop stays home for one day... fuck it, make it a week.

No calls answered, no response at all.

The problems will most likely solve themselves.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#20]
It would be like that day all the illegals boycotted work. It was AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh no. Not that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#22]
ill have a coke then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#23]
BLM is like, "boycott what?"
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quick, let's cast a bunch of historical movies.  That way Hollywood doesn't have to cast a bunch of medieval English characters as black for diversity.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Yea good luck with that
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Very small percentage of my workforce, but extremely overrepresented in government jobs. Airport security would suffer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Link

View Quote
View Quote

TSA at Ohare would be gone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#28]
My crime bill is after every conviction it a 3 year suspension of all welfare including disability payments. And yes fuck their kids and fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My crime bill is after every conviction it a 3 year suspension of all welfare including disability payments. And yes fuck their kids and fuck them.
View Quote

I like that, it could morph into a real life Battle Royale/Hunger Games.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#30]
The irony is EPIC.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Most i have seen have been doing that for decades
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Would anyone miss said "actor" if he didn't show up for work?

No?

Thought so.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I might actually watch Monday night football for once.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Do it. Fire them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Says the guy that got fired for anti gay comments. Lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Isaiah Washington didn't think this through, did he?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post office is automated
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Very small percentage of my workforce, but extremely overrepresented in government jobs. Airport security would suffer.
View Quote

all they'd have to do is profile and you could do that job with 2% of what its currently done with...imo
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

All this, in exchange for peanut butter.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/E4009ABD-3D78-4586-887C-E656DD67C934_zpsvqmreo9s.jpg

Damn those numbers are depressing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
One less day with Obama.
View Quote

No it would be a half day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
There are a lot of people in this country who want to work, se how quickly those jobs are filled by central and south Americans' who came here looking for opportunity.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just more evidence that people in Hollywood have NO fucking clue how the real world works.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
My company's cafeteria would have to shut down, and I'd go hungry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Thought this happened every day around here?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in this country who want to work, se how quickly those jobs are filled by central and south Americans' who came here looking for opportunity.
View Quote

The .gov jobs would be filled asap by legal citizens.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Jokes on him. Obama has sit out for 8 years.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Isiah who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Isiah who?

The guy who got kicked off his big hit show because he made a gay slur about a co-star.  

FUCK YOU you irrelevant piece of stereotypical hollyweird shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So no NBA, NFL or MLB. Toll booths would have to be automated, already doable. No shootings in Baltimore or Chicago (that's about all that gets done there). Dance clubs would be down about 35-45%. Some people here and there that would be tough to make up for but I estimate out of 12% of the population, 6% are unemployed and a small portion of the other six percent are in critical fields. You wouldn't notice much except sports on a national level.
View Quote

MLB would be fine, so would the NHL
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Jobs?

Please, Negro . .
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I would be interested in the results, then try it with illegals on Tuesday and cops on Wednesday.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top