BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
so much want, so much CA cant.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 1K + rounds through mine with ZERO failures. (all factory mags). I'm talking some messed up, bulged-out reloads that probably weren't even safe to shoot... it eats EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I picked up the HK 45 in the gunstore a couple of times...

The finger grooves don't feel right for me....

The USP feels pretty good.

So I'd either have to go with the USP, stop dating Rosie Palmer & her 5

daughters so much so the muscles atrophy...or use my left hand for the same reason....

(I take a size 8 surgical glove)

View Quote

Ken Hackathorn doesn't like groved grips either.  Says "they're made for averaged sized hands, but no one has average size hands."

I myself think groved grips on the hk45 and ugly. Plus the wisdom that my hands probably wont contour perfectly with those kinds of grips. It's why I'm asking about the USP instead of hk45.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have 1K + rounds through mine with ZERO failures. (all factory mags). I'm talking some messed up, bulged-out reloads that probably weren't even safe to shoot... it eats EVERYTHING.
View Quote

It's basically a downsized mk23 right?  Which was tortured to death and shot over 22,000 +p and went for thousands upon thousands of shots whit a malfunction.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm at 3,500 with no malfunctions. I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
It's one of my grail guns.  Need to get one someday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a .40 Tactical as my nightstand gun.  I changed out the match trigger for LEM so I didn't have to worry about a safety in the dark.  I use the 16round 'white mags' without the Jet Funnel so I can still use standard mags. Mounting a light is no big deal, use the GG&G adapter and mount anything. I added adjustable meprolights as well.

Smoothest recoiling .40 I've ever handled. Zero failures of any kind in 8 years and about 5k rounds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Boosted_Nelson_Inc/DSC00354.jpg

Easy to shoot, accurate, reliable, and sexy.  No H&K collection is c omelette without one.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Boosted_Nelson_Inc/Guns/DSC08111.jpg
View Quote

My H&K collection is far from omelettes
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't the USP Tactical .45 have a "match" trigger? I heard the LEM isn't much to crow about, so why even bother with that? Genuinely want to know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doesn't the USP Tactical .45 have a "match" trigger? I heard the LEM isn't much to crow about, so why even bother with that? Genuinely want to know.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
It has a match trigger.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would go for an H&K 45 T. Updated design, same reliability.
View Quote

USP were awesome for their time and are still great if you get them on sale or used.

The work HK has done to the ergonomics of the last few generations just takes that rock solid reliability and makes it fit in your hand so much better.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Loving my USP 9 Tactical. It's a Workhorse buy with confidence. The match grade trigger is amazing and not available on the HK45 or P30 as far as I know.

http://<a href=http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y439/WeaponX72/IMG_0014_zpspskgz981.jpg</a>" />

View Quote
Yeah, that's on my want to buy list. Awesome pistol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, and it's a great trigger at that IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ken Hackathorn doesn't like groved grips either.  Says "they're made for averaged sized hands, but no one has average size hands."

I myself think groved grips on the hk45 and ugly. Plus the wisdom that my hands probably wont contour perfectly with those kinds of grips. It's why I'm asking about the USP instead of hk45.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I picked up the HK 45 in the gunstore a couple of times...

The finger grooves don't feel right for me....

The USP feels pretty good.

So I'd either have to go with the USP, stop dating Rosie Palmer & her 5

daughters so much so the muscles atrophy...or use my left hand for the same reason....

(I take a size 8 surgical glove)

I'm grew up on 1911s. I usually hate grooves as well. I'm 6'3 and a big guy and the hk45 is one of the most comfortable pistols I have shot. More comfortable than the usp, which is still  a blast. The key with the hk45 is choosing the right back strap. It changes the hand position more than you think.  Either way both guns are awesome. And both suppress very well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Loving my USP 9 Tactical. It's a Workhorse buy with confidence. The match grade trigger is amazing and not available on the HK45 or P30 as far as I know.

http://<a href=http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y439/WeaponX72/IMG_0014_zpspskgz981.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

The the USP 9-T have a match trigger that comes with it? Just like the USP 45-T? I looked up the descriptions and didn't see it mentioning a match grade trigger in the 9mm variant.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The the USP 9-T have a match trigger that comes with it? Just like the USP 45-T? I looked up the descriptions and didn't see it mentioning a match grade trigger in the 9mm variant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new models do. 2015+ models.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It has a match trigger.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has a match trigger.    

No, the USP Tac does not have the complete match trigger. At least, not more recent manufacture ones.

It has some parts of it, but not all the parts necessary for the true match trigger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Boosted_Nelson_Inc/DSC00354.jpg

Easy to shoot, accurate, reliable, and sexy.  No H&K collection is c omelette without one.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Boosted_Nelson_Inc/Guns/DSC08111.jpg

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's basically a downsized mk23 right?  Which was tortured to death and shot over 22,000 +p and went for thousands upon thousands of shots whit a malfunction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HK does recommend changing the recoil spring every so often if you're shooting suppressed.  I don't remember what the round count on that is.  I'm probably due.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

HK does recommend changing the recoil spring every so often if you're shooting suppressed.  I don't remember what the round count on that is.  I'm probably due.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was 1k rounds for suppressed use. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bump
View Quote

Bump what?

Just buy one and be done with it
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bump what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bump

Bump what?

Yeah. What do you want, man?

An invitation?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bump
View Quote

I know where there is a like new used one for sale in Michigan.  Price is a bit better than new.  Let me know if you are interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Had one, loved it.  Sold it.  I'm a dumbass.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Not a usp tactical, but my P30 is setup for the house and I would duplicate it if I still had my USP-T

m
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Up until the 2015+ models there wasn't a true 9 Tac being made.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]

LOVE mine.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you get the latest model? Buying directly from HK?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thinking it'd make an outstanding nightstand/HD pistol.

I'm curious as to people's opinions on THIS pistol, and if they like it.
View Quote

Nice gun made by 1 of the top 2 gun manufacturers, Sig/HK (imo). Just not universally ergonomic.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The earlier 9mm were called the USP 9mm SD.  It had no match trigger components.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a USP 45 tactical and have used my buddies HK45 tactical.   I prefer the USP,  ergos are worse, but the trigger is lightyears better and I would rather have the trigger.  The USP is in my opinion one of the finest handgun designs of all time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The earlier 9mm were called the USP 9mm SD.  It had no match trigger components.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohhh. So it'll have "Tactical" in the name.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I would love to be into HK hipster pistols, but that magazine release and proprietary threaded barrels are deal breakers.  

They are excellent pistols though!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would love to be into HK hipster pistols, but that magazine release and proprietary threaded barrels are deal breakers.  

View Quote

Other guns like walther come with paddle mag releases

Also many european guns have 13.5x1 LH threaded barrels INCLUDING my factory glock barrel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
The paddle mag release is easy to get used to. My P2000 is my only pistol with it and I don't have a problem switching back and forth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think the issue of the magazine release would be there for someone who's shot 1911s, Sigs and such all their life.

But for me, who has relatively little experience on pistols, I could get very used to it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those things you call deal breakers are more like features

Metric 13.5x1LH (9mm) and 16x1LH (.45) threading is in no way proprietary and arguably better than 1/2x28RH or .578x28RH
Maybe you're thinking of the MK23 that uses a 16x1RH. Even then if you spend $2k on a pistol and $1k on a suppressor what's a few bucks for another piston?

And I like the paddle release a lot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#40]
It's a great 45acp launching platform.   A little bit YUGE by modern standards, but I like it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I grew up shooting the USP platform, then dabbled in1911's, and Glocks before returning to H&K. Boring reliability and the magazine release is awesome. If you can't train yourself to get used to it,  You probably cannot walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Go for it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Sucks
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#43]
The only .40 cal pistol I own is a police trade-in USP I got from AIM a few years back.  I put a factory threaded barrel in it to use an Silencer Co Octane .45 suppressor.  It's a great gun but I like my HK45 Compact Tactical more due to the sights and standard rail.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sucks
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Metric 13.5x1LH (9mm) and 16x1LH (.45) threading is in no way proprietary and arguably better than 1/2x28RH or .578x28RH
Maybe you're thinking of the MK23 that uses a 16x1RH. Even then if you spend $2k on a pistol and $1k on a suppressor what's a few bucks for another piston?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I was referring to the LH euro spec threads....I run the standard RH, silencerco barrels on my mk25, and G21 and hate swapping out pistons.  But I see your point about just buying another piston.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#46]
My daily CCW is a full-sized USP 45 with match trigger (that trigger reset spring is a nasty little bitch to install). I'm a larger guy so it conceals well under my suit and tie, and shoots like a dream for me. I'll get a tactical when I come across a good deal on one, as it's on my want and not my need list.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thinking it'd make an outstanding nightstand/HD pistol.

I'm curious as to people's opinions on THIS pistol, and if they like it.
View Quote

Great gun, shoots 45 Super/ 450SMC without any modification (if getting the 45cal). Trigger kinda sux on USPs, I suggest the LEM trigger (5.5lb DAO). They also have a match trigger, haven't used that. The out-of-the-box trigger bow is plastic, and flexes just a touch. Also, stock DA trigger pull is heavy, but SA after that is OK. Mags are TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!!!! Full Size requires a big hand, Compact Tactical is pretty much perfect for normal people. smaller grip makes the heavy DA pull a lot more bearable.

That said, I still love my full-size in 45ACP.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]
If it was the 80s, cool gun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ever gripped a P320?  Holy hell.  Comfort.
View Quote

I carry one at work. Honestly, the best duty pistol I've ever carried. And freakishly accurate. Trigger reminds me of my match 1911.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If it was the 80s, cool gun.
View Quote

I think you mean since the 90s. (It didn't exist in the 80s, and it continues to be cool to this day. )
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top