Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, and once an indian is the hiring manager, no white person need ever apply again.  Jobs will only go to Indians from then on.

View Quote

I've seen some really bad examples of that in the director / manager ranks in my company's IT department. Several really good us born programmers have left because of it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
When you have a source of labor cheaper than others. It artificially lowers wages. Slavery did the same thing before the civil war. It artificially lowered the market to where poor whites couldn't get work.

If we had no source of cheap importable labor. Americans would be doing the work and wages/market prices would balance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Why are you bringing up Italians?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh, and once an indian is the hiring manager, no white person need ever apply again.  Jobs will only go to Indians from then on.

View Quote

From personal experience, the biggest break I ever got career wise was when an Indian guy took a chance on me when I had education and no experience.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
From personal experience, the biggest break I ever got career wise was when an Indian guy took a chance on me when I had education and no experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is very unusual.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is in GA for them?  All I can think of is NCR.

I was once asked to come work on their ABO product but didn't want to move to GA.  If the have hundreds of H1B workers not doing so may have been a good idea if my job would have been outsourced sooner or later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alpharetta area?  

On the plus side there are 4 or 5 great Indian restaurants within 5 miles of my house now.

They're creeping up to Cumming now but Alpharetta is filled with Indians.

What is in GA for them?  All I can think of is NCR.

I was once asked to come work on their ABO product but didn't want to move to GA.  If the have hundreds of H1B workers not doing so may have been a good idea if my job would have been outsourced sooner or later.

You serious? The northern burbs of Atlanta has seen an explosion of IT jobs/companies, especially during the 90's and early 2000's. It's a who's who in the area,,

-Apple
-IBM
-Cisco
-Dell (Secureworks)
-EMC
-Google
-AT&T
-Verizon
-Comcast
-Level3
-Home Depot (which employs a metric shit-ton)
-Coke
-Equifax
-HP
-etc, etc, etc

Alpharetta is data-center after data-center.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I lived in Ga we were just beginning to see signs of many Indians and Chinese moving in.

They closed a grocery story, can't remember if it was a Kroger or something else, to put in a Chinese market in a main part of Alpharetta.

We left for several reasons but that was one of them.
View Quote

You're referring to Super H-Mart which is really a Koran chain and that's nowhere close to Alpharetta, that was Johns Creek which is crawling with Indianas and Korans. Main part of Alpharetta has become a hipster place, lots of old and new money in Alpharetta.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just doing the needful that Americans won't.
View Quote

Its well past picking up the slack
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm betting she will do fine (health wise) and be proclaimed the winner just because she can stand and talk for 90 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm betting she will do fine (health wise) and be proclaimed the winner just because she can stand and talk for 90 minutes.
View Quote

Go home Sherrick. You are drunk.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LOL.   We INVENTED the computer, the operating system, the servers and the microchips that run them!  Stop repeating this preposterous lie that we don't have "skilled" workers.

The ONLY problem is that they wont work for $8/hr 6 days a week.

Now apologize to America for repeating the lie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In many cases it's because they can't because they lack the needed skills.

LOL.   We INVENTED the computer, the operating system, the servers and the microchips that run them!  Stop repeating this preposterous lie that we don't have "skilled" workers.

The ONLY problem is that they wont work for $8/hr 6 days a week.

Now apologize to America for repeating the lie.

No shit, I got a job out of high school for $10hr doing construction work in 1978

I pay teenage girls who babysit more than $8hr
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's because American's won't do it for damn near minimum wage.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But capitalism. Their business their rules.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are completely wrong.

The skills are here in the US in abundance.  H1-B programs use the 'entry-level job, requires 15 years experience in Windows 10' method of determining that there aren't qualified candidates in the US.  No one with the experience will take the job that is paying minimum wage for a skilled position or wants decades of experience for a system that is only a few years old.

It is a scam designed to run US citizens out of the market.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because authentic ethnic food is a valid trade for a homogenous, high social trust society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alpharetta area?  

On the plus side there are 4 or 5 great Indian restaurants within 5 miles of my house now.

Because authentic ethnic food is a valid trade for a homogenous, high social trust society.

Authentic Indian food looks and smells like a babies dirty diaper.  Tastes like shit, too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#20]
A friend owns a hvac comp. The stories I hear..img.  They will have u waste ur time like nothing. A local Dr had a huge older home, full of air mattress beds ?? He had 5 units that were shot to hell. My guy goes out there on a Saturday afternoon no less, puts in 4 hrs to assess the units, tune them, clean them, the Dr kept shoving air filters into the intakes instead of replacing the old ones WTF.. He quotes the job, got all the permits, etc and the lady of the house says, oh too much $ , please leave.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do they riot or protest the police?  Do they crash airplanes into buildings?  Do they use private servers for classified email?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the outskirts of DC, my friends live and work in IT.  Its basically Little India.  The companies have to routinely give short seminars on how to use the toilet; many if not all stand and squat on the toilet seat to use it. This leaves nasty shoes scuff and scat all over the top of the normally clean seats.

Another issue they have, is that they are very rude.  I guess in their country, they have a caste system; but when they come here to the US, they still talk down to people that serve them as if they were dogs.  About a year ago, I saw some Indian dude almost get punched in the face when he started to berate a food employee by yelling at them:  "YOU'RE A VERY STUPID, STUPID PERSON".  The Indian dude raised his hand, as to almost want to slap the server and all hell broke loose.

Some American guys put the Indian dude in his place and almost had to punch the guy out.  I guess in their country, you're allowed to slap the servers across the face and berate them.  

ASSHOLES.

Do they riot or protest the police?  Do they crash airplanes into buildings?  Do they use private servers for classified email?

They might but because there are so many of them and they all look alike, you will never know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I didn't want to be the one to say this, but yes.   I have seen this first hand and am living it.
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Google InfoSys case worked by Homeland Security few years ago. Huge H1B visa scam but govt cronies kept anyone from criminal chsrges, too well connected.
View Quote

6-7 years ago we worked a big case (peripherally) that was a California case involving a school that had students all over the country. Most all were from India as F1 students, but, most was fraudulent because many never attended any classes. Offices all around the country were given collateral cases to work with the goal of locating "students" in their area of responsibility and arrest them as out of status F1 students. That later changed as orders from HQ indicated that the Indian Embassy was complaining about their citizens being arrested. The orders changed from arrest to only locate and interview. I never found out if anyone was ever prosecuted. India does have a powerful lobby with Washington, D.C. But, then so doses Saudi Arabia and many other countries.

I also noticed that the H1B visa scam is infested with scammers from India in the IT field. They set up a myriad of small computer tech companies that petition and bring in many so-called IT workers, many of which never work for them. A lot of times these companies only have shell offices that are set up only as an address point for their petitioner's to claim a worksite. It's a disgusting situation. One of the biggest problems is with Citizenship & Immigration Services. They are the agency that approve these petitioners' applications which are then submitted to the State Department for their rubber stamp approval of the issuance of the visas. CIS is getting some well deserved recognition now because of their approval of those 1,800 illegal aliens who had been ordered deported, but, were naturalized as U.S. citizens by CIS. This type of thing has been going on for many decades. CIS only goal is to approve as many petitions as they possibly can rather than to be diligent and deny those petitions that don't qualify. Although I have noticed cases where the alien was honest and truthful and tried to apply the right way and was denied. Strange how that works out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#25]
The H1B program has destroyed/is destroying IT in this country.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In almost all cases it's because the are cheaper.  Usually they are worse at the jobs they are taking as well.  I've been in this business for 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#27]
My sister-in-law works for a large insurance company (The Travelers) and they are full of H-1B Indians are are getting more all of the time.
management has decided that they're cheaper than American programmers, and they can cut them loose at the first sign of a downturn.
There's just a few problems with that:
    1 - They don't know anything about insurance;
    2 - They don't know how to use a toilet;
    3 - The Indian men won't take direction from female managers;
    4 - Many have a poor grasp of the English language.

But hey!  We're saving money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem would fix itself if we got rid of all handouts.

You work so you don't starve & can have a place to keep your shit.
Employers pay what they need to get the best employees.

The .gov caused all these problems, from welfare to backing student loans so every snowflake can get a meaningless degree & decide that manual labor is beneath them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And are cheaper than the Americans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winner...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No i know alot of h1b visa indians and koreans at intel. The reason they are hired is because you can
force them to work overtime and weekends without pay. Americans would sue.

There are plenty of Americans who can do their jobs just not at the pay and hours intel wants.  
Also easier to tet rid of h1b so no need for retirement benefits.

H1b is a scam.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]
WTF is it about Costco that attracts so many Indian immigrants? I have no problem with them being there, but the pure concentration of them makes you wonder if the Indian government pressures them into shopping there before they immigrate. They make up a small fraction of the people in Phoenix yet the percentage of shoppers at Costco that are Indian seems like it's 33-50 percent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WTF is it about Costco that attracts so many Indian immigrants? I have no problem with them being there, but the pure concentration of them makes you wonder if the Indian government pressures them into shopping there before they immigrate. They make up a small fraction of the people in Phoenix yet the percentage of shoppers at Costco that are Indian seems like it's 33-50 percent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Cheap bulk food, sold on weekends and evenings.  When you have 33 people living in an apartment, a couple of them can go to Costco and buy a 50lb sack of rice per week.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#33]
One of those fuckers who works for HP's help desk tried to tell me his name was Javier (Xavier) !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One of those fuckers who works for HP's help desk tried to tell me his name was Javier (Xavier) !!!!!!!!!
View Quote
Javier is pronounced as "Hav-e-air"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing in Columbus OH.  JP Morgan Chase has a very large contingent of Indian employees, and catering to them are numerous Indian restaurants; some are great, some are meh.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
holy shit yes... Alpharetta costco is like little india..  more than half the people I work with are H1b.. shit, my boss is H1b..  how the fuck does that work?
View Quote

Your H1B boss will only promote and give raises to his H1B pals.  Count on it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is a growing community of indian H1B immigrants near us.  Every morning I see a huge crowd of them waiting for the train into the city.  On the up side, they're decent. well dressed and educated.

They are letting mexicans in to do the manual labor at low, off the books wages and indians in to the skilled labor at low H1B wages.   If the economy was booming it wouldn't be a big deal.
View Quote

Culturally it's a big deal, and the vast majority vote Democrat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I stayed here through the H1B system as a doc.  The U.S. needs to build more medical schools and expand current ones.  The problem is that is extremely expensive.  A law school is a building with a law library and classrooms/auditorium so it's far less expensive to open than a medical school which needs a research building(s).  The U.S. didn't build any new medical schools for 30 years until the mid 2000's and have been playing catch-up.  

There were 18,000 U.S. medical school graduate applicants for 27,000 residency positions in 2015.

That means 9,000 had to be made up somehow.  Of those, 3,000 were made up by U.S. osteopathic school graduates.  The remaining 6,000 was made up by foreigners, some (10%) do an H1B visa directly or (90%) first do a J-1 waiver program (3 years) which then makes them eligible for an H1B.  

If you want to solve the problem of H1B's in medicine:

1) Build more U.S. medical schools, both allopathic and osteopathic, and convince qualified U.S. college graduates to apply to them.

2) Stop accepting foreign medical school graduates and bar foreigners from applying to U.S. medical schools.

Apply the same principles to the IT world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid H1B

I stayed here through the H1B system as a doc.  The U.S. needs to build more medical schools and expand current ones.  The problem is that is extremely expensive.  A law school is a building with a law library and classrooms/auditorium so it's far less expensive to open than a medical school which needs a research building(s).  The U.S. didn't build any new medical schools for 30 years until the mid 2000's and have been playing catch-up.  

There were 18,000 U.S. medical school graduate applicants for 27,000 residency positions in 2015.

That means 9,000 had to be made up somehow.  Of those, 3,000 were made up by U.S. osteopathic school graduates.  The remaining 6,000 was made up by foreigners, some (10%) do an H1B visa directly or (90%) first do a J-1 waiver program (3 years) which then makes them eligible for an H1B.  

If you want to solve the problem of H1B's in medicine:

1) Build more U.S. medical schools, both allopathic and osteopathic, and convince qualified U.S. college graduates to apply to them.

2) Stop accepting foreign medical school graduates and bar foreigners from applying to U.S. medical schools.

Apply the same principles to the IT world.

The lack of medical schools in the US is because the AMA (the worlds most evil union as a friend calls it) likes to keep the numbers low in order to keep their wages high.  Nice racket.

Anyway, some Americans do to go overseas medical school because of the shortage of medical school slots, so that is a factor in your calculation.  How much of a factor I don't know but it's there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is very unusual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is very unusual.

One of my best managers was an Indian or Pakistani Sikh, brilliant and very nice and patient, Westernized.  He was a PhD EE, not some H1B dummy.  And this was 25 years ago.  Today, you will not be so lucky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#40]

the future for traffic doesn't look very good. we're going to be a country of old white people and third worlders.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#41]
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/30/hillary-clintons-h-1b-outsourcing-program-has-100000-foreign-workers-in-midwest-white-collar-jobs/

Hillary Clinton has strongly backed the unpopular H-1B outsourcing program since at least 2005, even as it has gradually sent 100,000 foreign professionals into Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania to compete for jobs against white-collar American professionals and young college graduates.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a growing community of indian H1B immigrants near us.  Every morning I see a huge crowd of them waiting for the train into the city.  On the up side, they're decent. well dressed and educated.

They are letting mexicans in to do the manual labor at low, off the books wages and indians in to the skilled labor at low H1B wages.   If the economy was booming it wouldn't be a big deal.

They cannot vote. Unless its for a democrat of course. Can't be checking IDs and whatnot.

Also educated means they went to SQL server Windows server admin school for pennies compared to education in the US.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I didn't want to be the one to say this, but yes.   I have seen this first hand and am living it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but with one caveat, I have only seen it with those raised in India. Second or later generations don't seem to play the whole racial nepotism/cronyism game as much. Might be a remnant of their caste system.

H1B needs to be more of a campaign issue
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
It costs us an additional $20k to hire an H1 B and we pay them the same we'd pay anyone else for the role.
And judging by some comments, a lot of you don't know anything about visas or BPO.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#45]
"crisis"?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#46]
All I need to know was in the letter I got back in 2002 saying my "job" (not me) had moved to our new Hyberabad facility.   Right after my newborn son was in the NICU for 11 days.    And then they cut my pay 14% on the way out the door so my new severance was based on that amount.   So yeah, my loyalty to any of these corporate fuckers isn't much.

Quoted:
It costs us an additional $20k to hire an H1 B and we pay them the same we'd pay anyone else for the role. And judging by some comments, a lot of you don't know anything about visas or BPO.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why should Americans work?  

When there is FREE STUFF to be gotten from the Govt.  Without the FREE STUFF, their attitudes would change very quickly.  But, it ain't happening anytime soon.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It costs us an additional $20k to hire an H1 B and we pay them the same we'd pay anyone else for the role. And judging by some comments, a lot of you don't know anything about visas or BPO.

View Quote

That's if you do a direct hire/sponsor, right?  How about corps with blanket PO's with head shops like Infosys?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I know a single heterosexual Hindu or Christian Indian man who isn't voting for Trump-- that's obviously a pretty small sample though. The green card holders and the women (and Muslim Indians) love to whine about him, the thankfully, the Green Card people can't do anything about the situation.  I think historically Hindu Indian US citizens vote about 65 to 35 in favor of Democrats.  There have been many, many articles released this election season about how Hindus have suddenly decided to support Trump-- if I recall correctly, Hindus are the largest supporters of trump among the tiny minority groups.  That's not to say that any of this matters in this discussion, because we're talking about H-1B people, who aren't going to be US citizens, and who can't vote.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A friend owns a hvac comp. The stories I hear..img.  They will have u waste ur time like nothing. A local Dr had a huge older home, full of air mattress beds ?? He had 5 units that were shot to hell. My guy goes out there on a Saturday afternoon no less, puts in 4 hrs to assess the units, tune them, clean them, the Dr kept shoving air filters into the intakes instead of replacing the old ones WTF.. He quotes the job, got all the permits, etc and the lady of the house says, oh too much $ , please leave.
View Quote

I've done some work in HVAC... I've actually seen estimators profile customers. Some people are stingy, cheep, indecisive and obsessed with the idea that they could get a better deal. Others are simply unwilling to spend any significant amount of money on infrastructure. I've even encountered hipsters who seem to think civilization runs on unicorn farts.

I remember stopping by one ladies house to do an estimate. Shortly after a quick rundown on her homes HVAC problems she went on a rant about how x small contractor hadn't called her back and x well respected mid sized company had given her an absurd estimate. She was an Indian Microsoft employee and didn't want to spend shit

I get wanting to save money, but when every contractor is proposing similar solutions at comparable costs you might want to take note.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top