Quoted:
Then it's a clean hit on you part
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a discussion, like a public round table or something, OP?

Or was it over lunch in a social conversation or the like?

If the latter, no matter how odious his views, I think you're out of line, unless you told him it was your intent to broadcast his observations to the world.

It started out as a social conversation Thursday night, I let it slide.

Friday Morning, he started it again and during our conversation with other industry people present
I made it clear that what Zumbo, Metcalf and Tsais had said was not as bad in the eyes of the industry
and he could have walked it back at any time. He was given multiple opportunities to walk away, walk it back, drop it.
Other industry professionals who were present all made the comment, "You gave him multiple chances to drop it, walk it back
or change what he was espousing."

He referred to people being mad on his Facebook about his views which he is very open about.
He is in no way trying to keep it a secret.
Then it's a clean hit on you part

It's not meant to be a hit.
He comes across as a nice guy.
I just can't fathom how he could support Hillary.

I understand I have polarizing views on some things.
I'm not the most popular member of the board.

But I've worked hard to promote and protect the 2A
and this election cycle is critical to our future
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He can vote for whomever he wishes. He can also be recognized as a traitor to the 2A.

Fuck him.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Anyone got a link to the Pro-Hillary Facebook posts?

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck be upon him.

Let the public Zumbo his commie ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
What you post does not follow some of what he has been posting, writing, or talking about on other sites. Was he dead serious or just trolling you? I mean I got to ask before everyone goes full unkosher HAM on the guy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

I think you need to replace "immigration" with "illegal immigration", because that's precisely what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Sedicious traitor.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I distinctly recall HRC saying that the USSC got it wrong. Got it wrong when it came to Heller, and we know she will nominate judges to both the USSC as well
as on all federal benches that will do everything to undermine, limit, or eliminate the 2nd.

I love the Hispanic crowd who are all butt hurt because a presidential candidate wants to enforce the sovereignty of the United States of America,
and deport people who broke our laws. Sadly, the congress critters and the America people are to stupid to realize that all immigration is only
speeding the death of the right and America.

So fuck him and anyone who thinks like him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He can vote for whomever he wishes. He can also be recognized as a traitor to the 2A.

Fuck him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
fuck him.

you should do an editorial on his ass.
View Quote

This.  

IN for the career suicide.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Has he pissed on a mailbox and stolen signs yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A quick glance through Google shows the following. He has a blog "Guns & Tacos".  He has written articles and publications for the following:  Gun Digest, Personal Defense World, Guns Magazine, Tactical Life, Gun News, Gun Test, The Weekly Standard (yeah the RINO's Hymnal) Harris Publications and the NRA.  Fuck this guy with a rusty Pulaski.
View Quote

Harris Publications is no more.  It is now Athlon Outdoor Group. AMG/Parade keeps ownership of Outdoor group pretty quite (gunz r icky).  None of their gun related holdings points back to the parent company nor it publications list, so this quisling fits in real well with Athlon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What you post does not follow some of what he has been posting, writing, or talking about on other sites. Was he dead serious or just trolling you? I mean I got to ask before everyone goes full unkosher HAM on the guy.
View Quote

If he was trolling me, then he got me good.

But he wasn't trolling. I give him credit that he stands up for what he believes.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But he wasn't trolling. I give him credit that he stands up for what he believes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed, and choices have consequences.

David, I personally thank you for bringing this to
our attention. We need Allies, not neo-Statists
in our community.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of Pro-Hillary anti-Trump posts here.

https://www.facebook.com/jorge.amselle
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Based on what OP wrote, reread this article:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/08/gun-owners-hillary-will-soon-say-if-you-like-your-guns-you-can-keep-your-guns/

This guy Jorge is a la raza subversive and just outted himself.  You guys read the article.  In light of Jorge's opinion and his voting preference, what's your take away of the linked article?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Boycott every publication he writes for.
Tell them why
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You done good.  We need to know who our friends are and who isnt.  This guy is a la raza (anti American) prick and needs to be outted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Put a pepe on his facebook.

May all his firearms be replaced with lawn care equipment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
From a post he made on facebook.

Doesn't say who he is voting for.

"Jorge Amselle
Jorge Amselle We can't have a democracy and the peaceful transfer of power if people don't believe in the system (free press, impartial judiciary, and fair elections). I was actually defending Trump here somewhat and pointing out that the Dems made the same arguments he is making against Bush. Sadly too many people are conspiracy nut jobs and think the whole system is stacked against them (on the left and the right). Trump's blatant and obvious racism, misogyny and bigotry are my biggest beef with him but far from the only reason I will vote against him. He knows he is going to lose (fair and square) and is already making lame excuses and will even in defeat continue to undermine our democratic institutions. Nice.
Like · 1 · August 3 at 11:32am
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lots of Pro-Hillary anti-Trump posts here.

https://www.facebook.com/jorge.amselle
View Quote

His Guns n tacos is still up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How so?  It's not like they were discussing state secrets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the latter, no matter how odious his views, I think you're out of line, unless you told him it was your intent to broadcast his observations to the world.

I'm with primuspilum. There's something to be said for discretion and not using the hate mob tactics of the left for any word uttered in private.

Depends on what actually occurred.

edit: just saw op's other posts after I wrote mine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#24]
My thoughts?

My thoughts are that he should write, instead, for a hispanic rights magazine, because he's just fucked anything that he touches regarding firearms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Well at least he's not making it a secret. Here's his facebook post from May 4th:

"I have always been a Republican leaning Libertarian but now I find that the GOP has abandoned most of their Libertarian principles and I now have more in common with Democrats. I am not a single issue voter but if I had to pick one it would be xenophobia and the GOP is on the wrong side of that one. I guess I am a Democrat now. Also being Hispanic I feel especially unwelcome in the GOP."

Really? So obviously he believes that Hillary won't jump at a chance to sign in another AWB? Dumb mf'er. Fire mission is on.

-Thirtycal
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm with primuspilum. There's something to be said for discretion and not using the hate mob tactics of the left for any word uttered in private.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the democrats didnt like Wikileaks either.  

This is for all the marbles, and gentlemen dont win fights.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#27]
"writer for the NRA"

--that needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well at least he's not making it a secret. Here's his facebook post from May 4th:

"I have always been a Republican leaning Libertarian but now I find that the GOP has abandoned most of their Libertarian principles and I now have more in common with Democrats. I am not a single issue voter but if I had to pick one it would be xenophobia and the GOP is on the wrong side of that one. I guess I am a Democrat now. Also being Hispanic I feel especially unwelcome in the GOP."

Really? So obviously he believes that Hillary won't jump at a chance to sign in another AWB? Dumb mf'er. Fire mission is on.

-Thirtycal
View Quote

Oh this is even better Look what his mom wrote in response to the above:

"Hazel Huete-Rosenbusch WHAAT? I never thought I'd see the day! sad, sad, sad that a son of mine would vote for Hillary. You still have time till November, son, to wake up and stop drinking the "cool aid".

This idiot's mom sounds lilke a real American. God bless her.

-Thirtycal
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"writer for the NRA"

View Quote
Excellent point. I'm a life member, I think I'll just toddle off and write me a letter......

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"writer for the NRA"

View Quote

Yeeeeeaaaah that is a small problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do these writers never learn?
View Quote

Apparently the answer is, NO.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The emails of traitorous public officials being exposed doesn't bother me for a second. Getting a writer fired because of his politics isn't going to change anything on the national political landscape.  
I voted for Trump in the primary because he can get down and dirty.

I don't really have an issue with what op did, considering the explanation of what actually happened.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

-Thirtycal
View Quote

My Grandfather could not speak English when he came here legally from Ecuador in the 1920s. He not only learned English but taught his children
ONLY English and brought them up to be American. I do not feel unwelcome in the GOP or as a Trump supporter.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"writer for the NRA"

I don't believe he has worked for the NRA in years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Jorge Amselle is a writer for the firearms industry, such as Tactical-Life.
During conversations at an industry event in Florida both Thursday night and Friday morning
he stated to me, with a number of other industry professionals present and listening, that he

Supported Hillary Clinton for President and was going to vote for her.

He felt other issues such as immigration (he's Hispanic) were more important than the Second Amendment
Stated Obama hadn't been bad for the 2A and Hillary would be basically a third term.
He stated he would rather see Hillary Clinton appoint justices to the Supreme Court and not Trump.
He stated he was not a single-issue voter and the 2A was not at the top of his list.

Jorge can vote for anyone he wants. It's his right.

However, his readers have a right to know Jorge Amselle both supports Hillary Clinton for President, plans to
vote for her. Hillary is well known for her outspoken plans to destroy the Second Amendment.

And he places other issues, such as immigration above the Second Amendment.

I have been a member of the firearms industry since 1998. I can't believe a member of the firearms press would openly
support Hillary Clinton for President. In my opinion supporting Hillary Clinton for President in this election and supporting
her picks for the Supreme Court are much worse than what Jim Zumbo, Jerry Tsai or Dick Metcalf did......

He is another Team Wendy.......

I went back and forth with him, with other writers such as Tim Yan, Todd Jaderborg, Richard Venola, Neal Shera and even my employer present, and made my thoughts known to him in a crystal clear manner.

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

You're just figuring out that most gun writers are no-experience having meat helmets?  Oh wait, you're a gunwriter...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Time to Zumbo him.....

Also, Venola?......Isn't he the Meth head that shot someone in his house?.....or am I thinking of someone else?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Time to Zumbo him.....
Also, Venola?......Isn't he the Meth head that shit someone in his house?.....or am I thinking of someone else?
View Quote
He shot a guy visiting his house.  Don't know what became of it
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you for posting.

I must not read where he is writing, although I subscribe to the old time rags, Shooting Times, Fire Arms News, Guns & Ammo, Rifle Shooter, and Guns.

I am a single issue voter.

I will keep an eye out for his appearance and shrilly protest his presence.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My Grandfather could not speak English when he came here legally from Ecuador in the 1920s. He not only learned English but taught his children

ONLY English and brought them up to be American. I do not feel unwelcome in the GOP or as a Trump supporter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-Thirtycal

I'm a Latino for Trump.

Someone bought you a membership ? Or you just re-upped ?  

I either case, bravo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to Zumbo him.....

Also, Venola?......Isn't he the Meth head that shit someone in his house?.....or am I thinking of someone else?

He defended himself after being attacked by a Meth head and charges were dropped.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Lol, what a fucking idiot.  His choice, but he obviously doesn't choose freedom and liberty over tyranny.  For a gun writer, he obviously doesn't understand the basic concept of the Second Amendment.

I hope he finds no quarter in the firearm industry.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think you need to replace "immigration" with "illegal immigration", because that's precisely what he's talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

This.

That's what most people won't say. Because no conservative is against anyone coming here legally. It's the ILLEGAL aliens that people are against.

Call libtards out on this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He chose criminal activity with govt complicity over the Constitution.

Sedicious traitor.

May the free markey destroy his shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Hopefully the word spreads and he is soon unemployed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#46]
How quickly we forget about that 1994 crime bill.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#47]
As usual, you did not dissapoint.

Enjoyed the new AK mag as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If I was sitting around shooting the shit with colleagues, I wouldn't expect somebody to try to destroy my livelihood based on my commentary unless they told me about it first.

I'm all about destroying people, but I won't Pearl Harbor somebody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was sitting around shooting the shit with colleagues, I wouldn't expect somebody to try to destroy my livelihood based on my commentary unless they told me about it first.

I'm all about destroying people, but I won't Pearl Harbor somebody.

What if they embargoed your oil and raw materials?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The emails of traitorous public officials being exposed doesn't bother me for a second. Getting a writer fired because of his politics isn't going to change anything on the national political landscape.  

I don't really have an issue with what op did, considering the explanation of what actually happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a writer who is influencing his readers on a national scale.  

His influence needs to be curtailed.

Period.

OP, thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the information.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top