Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 10:57:21 AM EDT
My wallet is falling apart. Looking at minimalist wallets. Any one have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have suggested Saddleback Leather for a nice solid, minimalist wallet... but they're stupid expensive now.  So I won't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have suggested Saddleback Leather for a nice solid, minimalist wallet... but they're stupid expensive now.  So I won't.
View Quote

40 bucks aint too bad.. some of their shit however is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had a Bifold Wallet Small for several years... it's barely breaking in now.  I paid less then half the current asking price and it wasn't on sale.
Great wallet, but 95$ is somewhat nuts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Whatever you do, don't get the Trayvax. I got one about a year ago and it's the biggest piece of shit. I'm going to follow this thread, so that in the event I quit being a stubborn tight wad, I'll know which replacement to get.

The Trayvax requires you to remove all of your cash at once and display it, before picking the bills you would like to use. It also has a tendancy to dump all of your cards out when you are retreiving your cash. If you never use cash it may be ok.

I bought it because of the bottle opener.

Edit: Mine is like this one:
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
for minimalist?  Maxpedition Gear Micro - I've had one for several years now.  I originally bought their larger wallet, but it was too huge.  This one is just right.  Pretty small, but has all I need.  

Doesn't really have the bill part like a normal wallet, but I just fold the cash up and put it in the little pouch behind the credit cards.  Works well for me.  Has held up well.

Maxpedition Gear Micro

ETA:  quite affordable also, around 12 dollars depending on color.  If you really want minimalist, this is really hard to beat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a Bellroy thin leather wallet. Thin with just a few cards in it. ID, CHL, 3 CCs and my medical ins card.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Go with a money clip or slim front pocket wallet and your back will thank you and you will never go back.

I've been carrying a smart money clip for about 6-7 years in my front left pocket and it's awesome. If this thing ever wears out I'm going to buy This it looks nice, is made in USA, and affordable.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]
In before "Bad Mother Fucker" wallet
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Maxpedition is gtg.  I carry a saddleback but fuck those guys now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Flowfold wallets.  Love mine.

Flowfold Billfold

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I use a metal Radix One but I don't carry cash. I also only carry 4-6 cards at a time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing is as minimalist as a prison wallet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The new Magpul micro wallet looks cool.  I'll probably get one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Expensive: Hell-Bent combat wallet 2.5 with money clip.

Cheap: Slim Clip.

Been carrying the combat wallet for about 6 months but, thinking about switching back to the slim clip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
EZGO   Bought one about a year ago.  Works great for me & still looks like new.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.amazon.com/Andar-Leather-Minimalist-Blocking-Bi-Fold/dp/B0178MNFRC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474644921&sr=8-4&keywords=andar+wallet

This is what i've been using for the past year and I love it. I have a saddelbred minimalist wallet but it doesn't hold much cash and wedging it into the wallet it awkward.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I use a Bellroy thin leather wallet. Thin with just a few cards in it. ID, CHL, 3 CCs and my medical ins card.
View Quote

This is what I use too.  My wife got it for me last year.  Has two outside slots and a larger middle slot for multiple cards.  If I have a lot of cash, I also carry a money clip.  If i only have a couple of bills, I just slide them in with the cards in the middle.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their business card wallet thing is pretty darned small, been using one for a few years now.  It took about two years to break in but now it's fantastic.  It's full at four credit cards per side.  Cash goes in a titanium money clip, they keep their spring very well, had it for probably ten years now without issue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wallet is top notch, I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I use this. Storus Titanium money clip.

And if I'm traveling, I use a Traveler All-et. Holds my passport and two rows of cards.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I've used a Coach credit card holder as a front pocket wallet for fifteen years.  Unfortunately, Coach ain't what it used to be.  Fortunately, I have two more of the old style ones in tissue paper in my dresser.  I'm set for life.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a Duluth Trading nylon wallet. I grew tired of expensive leather pieces of shit self destructing on me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I love this wallet.  
http://www.tightstore.com/
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I run a Ridge Wallet

Used to carry a Saddleback medium bi-fold but it became bulky so now I use the Ridge in the front pocket.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#25]
GD approved wallet....

Maybe he will show up and share his story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a $12 Levis wallet I got at ROSS 13 years ago.  Seems to be working fine.,
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nothing is as minimalist as a prison wallet.
View Quote

And you know this how?

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd second that thought on the Trayvax wallet. Neat concept, not so neat execution. Huge PITA to find what you're looking for and holding cash in it is almost out of the question. Guess that's why I only ever saw it advertised holding cards and a grocery bag...

At any rate, my next wallet will be a bifold. Trifold's tend to be bulky and it gives me too much room for extra crap I don't need. So I'd also vote for the "bad mother f*cker" wallet
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Threads come along just when I need them!

Really this is a tag for some good suggestions.

I'm a long thin wallet guy, so right now my top running choice is This one from Amazon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top