BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't trust the MSM either, but I'm equally sceptical of "alternative media".

I still consume media, because sometimes they get it right, but I don't base my views solely on what the media tells me.  
View Quote

Good!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Immigrants learning the language of their adoptive country?

Maybe you Colonials could learn a thing or two?

lol

https://i.reddituploads.com/d326e89bdd864f8385eadda7adc1fa15?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=d1e66740bc3b048e55577cea6762f4b9

holy shit ,this image is actually swede !

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Immigrants learning the language of their adoptive country?

Maybe you Colonials could learn a thing or two?

lol

https://i.reddituploads.com/d326e89bdd864f8385eadda7adc1fa15?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=d1e66740bc3b048e55577cea6762f4b9

Except that I've never made that argument.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care what happens in Europe........

Yep.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Derb_zpsze9ztma2.jpg

A lot of people said that before WWI.

Oh, and WWII also.

We don't exist in isolation, worldwide events and stability affect you.  Whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh, and WWII also.

We don't exist in isolation, worldwide events and stability affect you.  Whether you like it or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care what happens in Europe........

Yep.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Derb_zpsze9ztma2.jpg

Oh, and WWII also.

The US entered WWI because we were secretly supplying the English with supplies on passenger ships and then acted outraged when they were targeted.

FDR pulled the US into WW2, especially Europe.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Our discussions would be more fruitful if you guys actually had a clue. Most of you would be hard pressed to find Sweden on a map, much less understand the politics and culture of the country.

Get back to me when you have an actual argument instead of feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discussing a topic with the Swede, is reminiscent of the GIF of two ladies purse fighting.

Our discussions would be more fruitful if you guys actually had a clue. Most of you would be hard pressed to find Sweden on a map, much less understand the politics and culture of the country.

Man I was engaged to a liberal Swede for 2 years, and even she thinks that Sweden has a big big problem. She went from black, brown, muslim, atheist, are all the same  type of person to vehemently anti immigrant as her little sister was fondled by a Somali. Keep your head buried but the problem is growing quickly beyond your control.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Man I was engaged to a liberal Swede for 2 years, and even she thinks that Sweden has a big big problem. She went from black, brown, muslim, atheist, are all the same  type of person to vehemently anti immigrant as her little sister was fondled by a Somali. Keep your head buried but the problem is growing quickly beyond your control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discussing a topic with the Swede, is reminiscent of the GIF of two ladies purse fighting.

Yes, Eurabia is right around the corner.

Sure thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah and every Swedish clown I know says it is not true.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah and every Swedish clown I know says it is not true.

View Quote

Maybe it's you who's the clown?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Things are pretty tense in parts of Sweden today apparently.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/sweden-attack-explosion-rocks-city-of-malmo-hours-after-gun-attack/news-story/52791a33a7c8829f0ec6fe8ea48a2586

No definitive reports of who's responsible at this point.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Why would Sweden or any European nation import human trash?  What's the benefit to the common citizen?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#14]

The refugee crisis could be one of the biggest catalysts for political change since the inception of the EU as a political entity.

In terms of scale it represents a relatively small impact in numbers, but the political landscape impacts have already been significant.

A lot of people are pissed off about the way it has been handled.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bingo.

While Sweden obviously does have some serious problems with their Muslim immigrants, this is not a legitimate news source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Daily Express is a tabloid just like the Daily Mail. They run stories that are one step up from 'Bat Boy Lives' on the journalistic integrity scale. Their number one science headline is "Is NASA about to ANGER aliens on Europe as predicted by sci-fi visionary Arthur C. Clarke?"

Bingo.

While Sweden obviously does have some serious problems with their Muslim immigrants, this is not a legitimate news source.

Name a "legitimate" news source.  It certainly isn't the NY Slimes, the Washington ComPost, or the Boston Glob.  Nor the Chiraq Tribune, the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation, the LA Times. Nor ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSDNC or increasingly (or that decreasingly) Fox.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Carpet bomb with pork rinds, that will show 'em.
View Quote

Followed up with Pork Urine spray
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why would Sweden or any European nation import human trash?  What's the benefit to the common citizen?
View Quote

White Genocide

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Name a "legitimate" news source.  It certainly isn't the NY Slimes, the Washington ComPost, or the Boston Glob.  Nor the Chiraq Tribune, the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation, the LA Times. Nor ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSDNC or increasingly (or that decreasingly) Fox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Daily Express is a tabloid just like the Daily Mail. They run stories that are one step up from 'Bat Boy Lives' on the journalistic integrity scale. Their number one science headline is "Is NASA about to ANGER aliens on Europe as predicted by sci-fi visionary Arthur C. Clarke?"

Bingo.

The problem is that people want their news immediately and packaged with all the answers. They want a neat little package they can draw conclusions from and provide simple answers that are not to complicated.  

No individual news source can provide that.

When an incident occurs it takes time to investigate, collate information, present the facts and evidence, understand context and then draw a conclusion.

By the time this information is available news has moved on to the next sensational story and the truth is often ignored by those who have ADHD needs for Instant gratification.  

Basically the media doesn't have a clues d had to make it up as they go along to make sure they retain the interest of those with the attention span of a goldfish.

Hence, headlines like the one in the OP.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sure thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing.

My point was that I have been to Sweden and probably traveled to more countries than you have. I also speak 4 languages and have two masters degrees. The argument that every American is a gullible moron redneck and that they just are not sophisticated enough to understand complex problems is really a liberal elitist calling card.

I swear you sound like a commentator on NPR. Our point is that you have been so brainwashed by progressive ideology (cradle to grave in Sweden) that you cannot see the abject truth. The truth is that Western Europe now has cancer, unless Swedes wake up and 1) start having 3-5 babies a family, and/or 2) throwing out immigrants, the long term outlook is not good.

Others are waking up to this fact, Liberals I might add at that.

We can talk shit about America in another thread because it does also have some serious problems. Mass muslim immigration is not one of ours though.
BTW I thought it was nice country. I don't want to see it fall. Fall it must, numbers don't lie.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The refugee crisis could be one of the biggest catalysts for political change since the inception of the EU as a political entity.

In terms of scale it represents a relatively small impact in numbers, but the political landscape impacts have already been significant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It would be hard to imagine any other reaction.

Is there any upside for European nationals in respect to this influx of refugees?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Reports of a bomb and explosion and shootings in Sweden now??!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is there any upside for European nationals in respect to this influx of refugees?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I guess some Europeans may experience a warm fuzzy feeling at "having done something to help".   And no doubt there are many genuine cases where that might be reasonably well founded.  There is a genuine humanitarian crisis afoot, even if it is being very badly handled, and the desire to help a fellow human being in need is a truly decent and Christian thing to do.

However in many other cases the motive for trying to get into the EU is purely economic. Without any of the appropriate tests and checks on what they bring to the EU in terms of skills and other benefits, allowing them free reign to enter is clearly an act of pure stupidity.

On balance, and without taking each individual case on its merit, I'd say any direct upsides have been lost or completely overshadowed.

One thing it has done is made quite a few Europeans snap out of their stupor and question the validity of the EU as a political entity, which is an immensely good thing, and hopefully may encourage more nations to stick two fingers up to the EU bureaucrats.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:57:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Switzerland > Sweden
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same reason we are. Hordes every day. 100,000 a year into America alone. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/396262/troubling-math-muslim-migration-ian-tuttle
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same reason we are. Hordes every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is we're importing 10,000 "Syrians" a year and Sweden is importing 150,000 + a year

The difference is we're a huge country and Sweden is the size of California.

You want to know the silver lining on this? Sweden will provide a road map for Western Europe on why this is a shit idea.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#27]
It is disgusting how the American mainsteam media refuses to report on any if this. Most Americans have no clue what has happened throughout Europe because of these "refugees."
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The difference is we're importing 10,000 "Syrians" a year and Sweden is importing 150,000 + a year

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

Immigration peaked at the height of the refugee crisis. Over the last 2 years it was around 225,000  Refugee number have since tailed off significantly to near normal levels.

Immigration normally into Sweden sits less than 10,000 per annum.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You want to know the silver lining on this? Sweden will provide a road map for Western Europe on why this is a shit idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year was an anomaly. We're not taking in 150k every year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My point was that I have been to Sweden and probably traveled to more countries than you have. I also speak 4 languages and have two masters degrees. The argument that every American is a gullible moron redneck and that they just are not sophisticated enough to understand complex problems is really a liberal elitist calling card.

I swear you sound like a commentator on NPR. Our point is that you have been so brainwashed by progressive ideology (cradle to grave in Sweden) that you cannot see the abject truth. The truth is that Western Europe now has cancer, unless Swedes wake up and 1) start having 3-5 babies a family, and/or 2) throwing out immigrants, the long term outlook is not good.

We can talk shit about America in another thread because it does also have some serious problems. Mass muslim immigration is not one of ours though.
BTW I thought it was nice country. I don't want to see it fall. Fall it must, numbers don't lie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing.

You seem to be very certain about my views, but I doubt you've ever read my posts.

Please go on telling everyone how intelligent you are. It amuses me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

False.

Immigration peaked at the height of the refugee crisis. Over the last 2 years it was around 225,000  Refugee number have since tailed off significantly to near normal levels.

http://therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/sweden-applications.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

You and the Swede just love editing the quote tree. . . . but even then your chart you posted states exactly what I just said

In 2015 Sweden took in 160K refugees officially (meaning the unofficial number is probably exponentially more)

Sweden is the size of California (1.07X to be exact)

Lets hope that the 2016 numbers are drastically less because equivocally in 2015 (have to be real specific here for you guys) the US would have had to take in 5 million plus refugees to match what Sweden took in proportionally to the US population
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Jesus lets hope not.

In a country of under 10 million the size of California I can't even imagine what 10 years of that would do to you.

You read the threads on here about folks freaking out when 70 refugees made it into their town?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In a country of under 10 million the size of California I can't even imagine what 10 years of that would do to you.

You read the threads on here about folks freaking out when 70 refugees made it into their town?
View Quote

The numbers are much lower this year, and over half of those who arrived last year will be denied residency.

Even the Social Democrats have realized it and ordered the Police to prepare to repatriate 80k people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You and the Swede just love editing the quote tree. . . . but even then your chart you posted states exactly what I just said

In 2015 Sweden took in 160K refugees officially (meaning the unofficial number is probably exponentially more)

Lets hope that the 2016 numbers are drastically less because equivocally in 2015 (have to be real specific here for you guys) the US would have had to take in 5 million plus refugees to match what Sweden took in proportionally to the US population
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

We have to edit the quote tree.  It won't let us post beyond 5 quotes, says that the quote tre is too long.

You said Sweden takes in "150,000+ "Syrians" per year"  Quoted directly from above.   So no.....the chart refutes what you stated above.

My post provides you with information which corrects the inaccuracy in your statement.  It was single period of approx six months at the height of the refugee crisis where the bulk of refugees entered.  Since then the border controls have tightened significantly and the number of refugees coming to Europe have also significantly reduced this year (up to now).

Immigration into Sweden by asylum or refugee status is normally less than 10,000 per annum.  As shown in the chart I posted.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The numbers are much lower this year, and over half of those who arrived last year will be denied residency.

Even the Social Democrats have realized it and ordered the Police to prepare to repatriate 80k people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think that even 100,000 migrants a year is reasonable?

I mean it's tough to really get granular because of Sweden's practice of omitting any racial or ethnic details from stats which could be foreseen as negative but I've even read articles where they were saying if they could get it under 140K for 2106 it would be some sort of achievement
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I mean it's tough to really get granular because of Sweden's practice of omitting any racial or ethnic details from stats which could be foreseen as negative but I've even read articles where they were saying if they could get it under 140K for 2106 it would be some sort of achievement
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the most recent stats:

We're at 22k so far this year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#37]

We have to edit the quote tree.  It won't let us post beyond 5 quotes, says that the quote tre is too long.

You said Sweden takes in "150,000+ "Syrians" per year"  Quoted directly from above.   So no.....the chart refutes what you stated above.

My post provides you with information which corrects the inaccuracy in your statement.  It was single period of approx six months at the height of the refugee crisis where the bulk of refugees entered.  Since then the border controls have tightened significantly and the number of refugees coming to Europe have also significantly reduced this year (up to now).

Immigration into Sweden by asylum or refugee status is normally less than 10,000 per annum.  As shown in the chart I posted.
View Quote

I'm sorry, I see folks edit the tree selectively when it's not at max. Was wrong to accuse you.

I said 150K per year because they took officially about 160K in 2016 and projections at the end of 2015 were they'd try and stem it to "140K" and later this year further revised it down.

2014 (IMHO) was the start of the migration crisis and when we have these debates it's within that context through which I'm referencing.

Again we won't know until year's end and we also only know the official number which is probably much less than in reality. . . . but I'm of the opinion that even if Sweden were taking half the amount of migrants they did last year they're still so off the charts crazy in their immigration policy that they're on a crash course for destruction.

We're talking about a country the size of Califronia with one fourth of the population. People need to put this into context.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not 100,000 migrants per year.

What is it about basic statistical data that you find so hard to interpret?

I'm trying to find stuff that will inform you, but you don't see to be able to see the data for what it is.  Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, I see folks edit the tree selectively when it's not at max. Was wrong to accuse you.

I said 150K per year because they took officially about 160K in 2016 and projections at the end of 2015 were they'd try and stem it to "140K" and later this year further revised it down.

2014 (IMHO) was the start of the migration crisis and when we have these debates it's within that context through which I'm referencing.

Again we won't know until year's end and we also only know the official number which is probably much less than in reality. . . . but I'm of the opinion that even if Sweden were taking half the amount of migrants they did last year they're still so off the charts crazy in their immigration policy that they're on a crash course for destruction.

We're talking about a country the size of Califronia with one fourth of the population. People need to put this into context.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah - wouldn't selectively edit like that. It's the limit on the quote tree.

Sweden was stupid to accept the large numbers they did in such a short period of time, IMHO.

However, as soon as the immigration controls were implemented the numbers dropped off almost overnight.

Europe was caught with its pants down, and with a crisis on it's own borders being manipulated partly by external parties, and with seriously weak leadership, found itself swamped for a period of about 5 months were border controls could not cope.  This was exacerbated by Merkel's open invitation.

National Govts acted quickly to prevent the issue spreading too fast and to discourage further migration, sending a clear message that people would not get in.

However, by that time the criminal gangs smuggling people, and the external players facilitating the migration in order to hold the EU to ransom were only just winding their activities up.

It has been a real mess from start to finish.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have another Huffingtonpost chart for me to prove your point?

Sweden took 163,000 refugees in 2015. That was the universally recognized number however i'm sure it was probably much more than that. What about this number do you you find so hard to interpret?

At the end of 2015 they estimated the year following would be 140K which they later revised down to 100K. . . . now the Swede is posting a chart stating it'll only hit like 30K (which I'm optimistic but find hard to believe unless a fence/wall was built we don't know about)

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You seem to be very certain about my views, but I doubt you've ever read my posts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing.

I don't recall him posting in these threads before, but he's good people - just seems to have been particularly susceptible to glockluv's strawman depiction in this thread. Glockluv is wholly incapable of accurately portraying anyone's views, even his own. 'Course, you can't pretend to win asinine non-arguments if you do, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't recall him posting in these threads before, but he's good people - just seems to have been particularly susceptible to glockluv's strawman depiction in this thread. Glockluv is wholly incapable of accurately portraying anyone's views, even his own. 'Course, you can't pretend to win asinine non-arguments if you do, though.
View Quote

I don't even know who you are. . . . What's my strawman argument again?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#43]

I view Pew as a reputable source.  I even know a person who works for Pew.

I concede they have a liberal/leftist bias.  I see it expressed primarily as what they select to study, rather than the results of their studys/surveys.

The chart above reflects my experience in Germany last month; opinion is quite divided, even within my own family.

I think everyone can agree there are challenges presented by the immigrant/refugee influx.  The arguments concern the size of the challenge and how to address it (reference the Hungary/Luxembourg spat from last week).
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sweden took 163,000 refugees in 2015. That was the universally recognized number however i'm sure it was probably much more than that. What about this number do you you find so hard to interpret?

At the end of 2015 they estimated the year following would be 140K which they later revised down to 100K. . . . now the Swede is posting a chart stating it'll only hit like 30K (which I'm optimistic but find hard to believe unless a fence/wall was built we don't know about)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Here's a few things we can hopefully agree on......

Fact 1 - Sweden has two primary types of immigration - that which is agreed and approved through formal channels as legitimate immigration and that which comes in the form of refugees and asylum seekers.

Fact 2 - In 2015 Sweden saw a massive increase in the latter from of immigration.  That is to say the number of unexpected migrants increased significantly to a figure almost certainly exceeding the 163,000 you state.

Fact 3 - Immigration into Sweden in the latter form (asylum and refugee) is normally less than 10,000 per annum.

Therefore we can see that the higher figures (those above say 20,000) represent a significant anomaly and are not the norm.

You stated that Sweden is accepting 150,000 "Syrians" per annum.   This is not the case, it was a 6 month period of one year in extenuating circumstances that saw an unprecedented level migration.  It was an anomaly and therefore not an annual pattern.

Agreed?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Fact 1 - Sweden has two primary types of immigration - that which is agreed and approved through formal channels as legitimate immigration and that which comes in the form of refugees and asylum seekers.

Fact 2 - In 2015 Sweden saw a massive increase in the latter from of immigration.  That is to say the number of unexpected migrants increased significantly to a figure almost certainly exceeding the 163,000 you state.

Fact 3 - Immigration into Sweden in the latter form (asylum and refugee) is normally less than 10,000 per annum.

Therefore we can see that the higher figures (those above say 20,000) represent a significant anomaly and are not the norm.

You stated that Sweden is accepting 150,000 "Syrians" per annum.   This is not the case, it was a 6 month period of one year in extenuating circumstances that saw an unprecedented level migration.  It was an anomaly and therefore not an annual pattern.

Agreed?
View Quote

Yea, I can go with most of that.

I was hasty in using "years" in it's plural form assuming the numbers in 2016 correspond with what the Swede posted.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was hasty in using "years" in it's plural form assuming the numbers in 2016 correspond with what the Swede posted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed?

No worries.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top