Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 81
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

blunt is a emptied cigar refilled with marijuana, much larger that a normal joint.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to get off-topic, but what the hell is a 'blunt'?

I thought they were called 'joints'?
And no, I'm not THAT old.

Am I?

blunt is a emptied cigar refilled with marijuana, much larger that a normal joint.

No shit?  I just thought it was a fat joint!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I still don't get how these body cams have such shit image quality. It's the [current year] and you're telling me they can't get a rugged, reliable, 720p camera suitable for a body cam for a reasonable price?

I've read here that they constantly fall off too. I know government contract largess and corruption can get you a bad product, behind schedule, and marked up 500%, but good grief.

Can anyone enlighten me? These blurry images are just going to let rumors run wild.

eta: I recognize that for some folks, the images will never be clear enough and they will believe what they want to believe
View Quote

Man how did people ever survive without video of everything?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Am I?

View Quote

If I recall my college days correctly, a blunt is just a short, fat joint.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's been discussed here but this is my opinion based on the body cam and dash cam footage: I did not see Keith point his gun at any officers and honestly I didn't even see the gun in his possession but the angles weren't the best. I see a post above mine with a photo of a handgun, presumably Keith's, so it does look like he had one.
View Quote

Tough to see with the low quality but I think that is the gun in his right hand.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Am I?

View Quote
I see what you did there
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

Ah, ok.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Failure to comply is the common thread in all these cases. You're absolutely right that these knuckleheads turn mildly bad situations into extremely bad situations by their refusal to submit to authority. I get that.

But damn, maybe at some point the cops should just say "Fuck it, it's not worth killing the dude over this." Correct me if I'm wrong but years ago didn't the police seriously curtail high speed pursuits over minor shit because it wasn't worth the risk? Maybe a similar mindset needs to come into play before escalating minor violation encounters into deadly force situations. Yeah, the guy has a gun. Maybe they could just back off and watch the dude for awhile instead of taking it to the wall.

I'm just thinking out loud. This is not a well-thought out position. I could be wrong. It just seems so pointless and stupid.

Seems like what the world really needs is a more effective non-lethal weapon. Put the phasers on stun and deal with it later . . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did we ever find out why they pulled him to begin with?

Some cop saw him smoking a joint in his parked car. Cop left and rallied the troops and they came back to bust him for the crime of the century.

Even if that is the case, when a cop says, "drop your weapon" what do you do?   Jump out of the car holding it?   I mean that must be some seriously good weed for that to seem like a good idea

Failure to comply is the common thread in all these cases. You're absolutely right that these knuckleheads turn mildly bad situations into extremely bad situations by their refusal to submit to authority. I get that.

But damn, maybe at some point the cops should just say "Fuck it, it's not worth killing the dude over this." Correct me if I'm wrong but years ago didn't the police seriously curtail high speed pursuits over minor shit because it wasn't worth the risk? Maybe a similar mindset needs to come into play before escalating minor violation encounters into deadly force situations. Yeah, the guy has a gun. Maybe they could just back off and watch the dude for awhile instead of taking it to the wall.

I'm just thinking out loud. This is not a well-thought out position. I could be wrong. It just seems so pointless and stupid.

Seems like what the world really needs is a more effective non-lethal weapon. Put the phasers on stun and deal with it later . . .

The Chief said the plain clothes officers in an unmarked car observed him rolling a blunt and they decided that did NOT warrant action.
They acted when they saw the firearm.
They left the complex, put on their vests and came back in.

Wondering if the officers said something to him and he responded by showing them his gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I?

Ha!
Thanks 1775, now I don't feel quite so ignorant

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tough to see with the low quality but I think that is the gun in his right hand.

http://i68.tinypic.com/a9sapy.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure it's been discussed here but this is my opinion based on the body cam and dash cam footage: I did not see Keith point his gun at any officers and honestly I didn't even see the gun in his possession but the angles weren't the best. I see a post above mine with a photo of a handgun, presumably Keith's, so it does look like he had one.

http://i68.tinypic.com/a9sapy.png

Didn't you hear?

He suffers from a abnormality and has reallllllllly long fingers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Chief said the plain clothes officers in an unmarked car observed him rolling a blunt and they decided that did NOT warrant action.

Wondering if the officers said something to him and he responded by showing them his gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did we ever find out why they pulled him to begin with?

Some cop saw him smoking a joint in his parked car. Cop left and rallied the troops and they came back to bust him for the crime of the century.

Even if that is the case, when a cop says, "drop your weapon" what do you do?   Jump out of the car holding it?   I mean that must be some seriously good weed for that to seem like a good idea

Like i said earlier, i think they saw his ankle holster exposed. If you look prior to him being shot, you can see the holster exposed. So my bet is they saw the holster and blunt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]

The cops were at the complex to serve a warrant on someone else, they observed Scott and shit went south.

If you compare the wife's video and the dash cam, she is yelling at him and he is still in his vehicle.

You can hear the cops telling him to drop his weapon on her video and faintly on the dash cam video, seems to me he was still in his vehicle.  So, could they see him waving a gun in the car?  Is that why she was yelling to him "don't do it Keith".  What did she see him doing that prompted her to yell that?

Ok, I lost my train of thought.....

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link removed its not working?

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#13]
So are these idiots rioting tonight or not?  Live stream?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Like i said earlier, i think they saw his ankle holster exposed. If you look prior to him being shot, you can see the holster exposed. So my bet is they saw the holster and blunt.
View Quote

The way the Chief stated it this afternoon the officers observed the blunt and the gun.
That's when they left the complex to put on their vests and come back in and arrest him.
Given he was in an Explorer, I'm thinking the only way they would see his gun would be if he was waving it or pointing it at someone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I think there is a good case for impromptu suicide by cop. Just said fuck it, I'm not going back to prison. Could have even been contemplating suck starting his pistol in the car and that's why he had out and up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#16]

My phone thinks that's an email address.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The streamer Brian Williams is in the thick of the march on Facebook.

ETA: HERE
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#18]
NoThiefsAllowed has rooftop koreans.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The cops were at the complex to serve a warrant on someone else, they observed Scott and shit went south.

If you compare the wife's video and the dash cam, she is yelling at him and he is still in his vehicle.

You can hear the cops telling him to drop his weapon on her video and faintly on the dash cam video, seems to me he was still in his vehicle.  So, could they see him waving a gun in the car?  Is that why she was yelling to him "don't do it Keith".  What did she see him doing that prompted her to yell that?

View Quote

Valid questions for sure
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully not, I'm drinking in the south end
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Try THIS
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't get how these body cams have such shit image quality. It's the [current year] and you're telling me they can't get a rugged, reliable, 720p camera suitable for a body cam for a reasonable price?

I've read here that they constantly fall off too. I know government contract largess and corruption can get you a bad product, behind schedule, and marked up 500%, but good grief.

Can anyone enlighten me? These blurry images are just going to let rumors run wild.

eta: I recognize that for some folks, the images will never be clear enough and they will believe what they want to believe

Your snark is noted.

IF they are going to have cameras, at least make them useful. I've seen reasonable arguments for and against having them.

Blurry video just gives ammo to the crazies so they can whip up others in a frenzy, at least in some cases.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Here is a feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQY6qs913r8

Still trying to find an actual news station with live coverage.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Nothing but SJWs and vigils now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL at Drowning Pool "Bodies" on NoThiefsAllowed feed  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea force to force, they know they are outmatched. Try to have some MLK 2.0 moment now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The way the Chief stated it this afternoon the officers observed the blunt and the gun.

That's when they left the complex to put on their vests and come back in and arrest him.

Given he was in an Explorer, I'm thinking the only way they would see his gun would be if he was waving it or pointing it at someone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why would a guy rolling a blunt be waving a gun around in his car? Plus would officer be able to clearly see him rolling a blunt inside his car from across a parking lot? I dont think a guy inside a car would get the attention of an officer vs a man outisde of the car. I think he may have been outisde the car when they saw him with gun& blunt. They left for vests and additional uniformed officers. Came back, now he is smoking it in his car.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit, you weren't kidding
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's amazing how CNN twists/fabricates shit

With no repercussions whatsoever
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

gone now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not getting into the whole shooting itself, but the fact that the chief was adamant about the gun being pointed at police and the video shows he didn't is going to be the big sticking point for the rioters and protesters. In their mind its going to reinforce he wasn't a threat to the police, even though he body language says "ok its time to get it on" by him backing up and looking side to side with his body squared up.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is due to the at symbol.  TinyURL version:
http://tinyurl.com/z26qj3y

Edit: Was in a damn hurry.  Fixed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would really like to see a toxicology report for the deceased.  His actions only fit into a few scenarios.  A) Suicide by cop, B) Under the Influence, C) Mentally Deficient.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#39]
One of the really positive things to come as a result of these riots is that anyone who is feeling a bit down in the dumps, depressed, has low self esteem or just generally doesn't feel too good about their position in life, can take one look at the live feeds and instantly feel better about themselves. There are few people in this world more useless and pathetic than many of the people in these "protests."  I mean, you either have unemployed, unskilled, literally useless people. Or those who have spent likely hundreds of thousands of their parents' money earning some useless degree now proving their uselessness by doing nothing but being a useful idiot wearing face pubes, skinny jeans and thick fucking black glasses thinking they're making something out of their lives. I can't even imagine the smell at one of these places.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know what you mean.

I was watching earlier, to get a look at the footage, and their shit is mind boggling.

My blood pressure spiked

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#41]
So is anything going on tonight protest/riot wise?  Just got back from the future in-laws house.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Go to 1:22 in the first video here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see a black officer anywhere

Go to 1:22 in the first video here.

Quoted:
So people don't have to go to news sites.

https://youtu.be/HZJ71QMW3zQ

https://youtu.be/X27QHrzPu1E

Bump
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would really like to see a toxicology report for the deceased.  His actions only fit into a few scenarios.  A) Suicide by cop, B) Under the Influence, C) Mentally Deficient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to say it, but given his medical history, I'm thinking "A"

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is he replaying the Koreans again?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Those demands
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So is anything going on tonight protest/riot wise?  Just got back from the future in-laws house.
View Quote

We would be hearing about it by now i figure.  Perhaps protesters but nothin big?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I know what you mean.

I was watching earlier, to get a look at the footage, and their shit is mind boggling.

My blood pressure spiked

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what you mean.

My blood pressure spiked

What got me was the female former LAPD Sargent who was anti-police
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Dashcam footage of shooting.

https://twitter.com/CWatkinsTV/status/779812861556232193

Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top