Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The two most recent Virginia polls have Trump down by 1 and 2 points respectively. I think he has a chance here.

BTW.....The one that put FHRC 5% ahead in the total average was done three weeks ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RCP aggregate shows Clinton +3.3%, but it's closing up and couple of the most recent polls show a tie, or Trump leading.  Sadly, he's down 5% in Virginia, so it's still looking like I'm going to have to vote for him.  Distressing.

The two most recent Virginia polls have Trump down by 1 and 2 points respectively. I think he has a chance here.

BTW.....The one that put FHRC 5% ahead in the total average was done three weeks ago.

A month ago the polling here in VA had Clinton with a near 20 point lead!!!!!

Here's the thing...

I'm down near Bristol, near the Tennessee line, I actually live in coal country..

In terms of yard signs and bumper stickers, I have NEVER seen anything like this..   Trump leads by a margin of 30 to 1.

You can drive into the surrounding counties and see Trump yard signs EVERYWHERE, but I have yet to see a single Clinton yard sign.

Not one!

I have seen a handful of bumper stickers for her but Trump dominates.  Again, I would estimate by a margin of 30 to 1.

30 Trump yard signs and bumper stickers to one bumper sticker for Hillary.

It has never, EVER been that way before.

I know that's not the same as scientific polling but it still worth noting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If Broom Hillary has a coughing jag during the first Trump-Clinton debate.....

Trump pointing to Clinton - "Moderator, to speed things up could you tell Baron Vladimir Harkonnen over here to cough once if the answer is YES and twice if NO."
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's not close. Talking heads say that to get people to watch their shitty networks. Everyone I hear talk is voting for Trump.
View Quote

Yep.

I know of 2 single women who are voting for Clinton.

That's it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
''Good Morning America'' just came on, even ABC just announced that Trump is ahead. Libtards and #neverTrumpers gonna have a bad week. Trump ahead 45%-43% according to ABC ,does  this mean Trump is ahead by 10%?
View Quote

It very well may.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jeh Johnson has claimed sovereignty over it as head of DHS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna be up to the vote counters. Harry Reid winks.

If Heimat Sicherheitsdienst takes over the polling places its over.

Where will the Department of Internal Security get the people required to "take over" the polls?

He can claim anything he likes.
Does that claim magically cause thousands and thousands and thousands of people to appear out of thin air?

Without enough people to man the polling places, Internal Security isn't taking over anything.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully enough conservative leaning Gary Johnson/Cruz folks will be able to not go full retard.......

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any bad news for Hillary is good news for Liberty.  
View Quote

harumph!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If Broom Hillary has a coughing jag during the first Trump-Clinton debate.....

Trump pointing to Clinton - "Moderator, to speed things up could you tell Baron Vladimir Harkonnen over here to cough once if the answer is YES and twice if NO."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does that claim magically cause thousands and thousands and thousands of people to appear out of thin air?

Without enough people to man the polling places, Internal Security isn't taking over anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna be up to the vote counters. Harry Reid winks.

If Heimat Sicherheitsdienst takes over the polling places its over.

Where will the Department of Internal Security get the people required to "take over" the polls?

He seems to think so. In the name of the Grand Wizardry of DHSness. He claimed a right to regulate guns not too long ago. Doesn't the law work that if you don't challenge the claims, then a verbal expression in a public arena of being the recipient of a sword toss by a sodden bint is a perfectly acceptable claim to authority?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here's the thing...

I'm down near Bristol, near the Tennessee line, I actually live in coal country..

In terms of yard signs and bumper stickers, I have NEVER seen anything like this..   Trump leads by a margin of 30 to 1.

You can drive into the surrounding counties and see Trump yard signs EVERYWHERE, but I have yet to see a single Clinton yard sign.

Not one!

I have seen a handful of bumper stickers for her but Trump dominates.  Again, I would estimate by a margin of 30 to 1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RCP aggregate shows Clinton +3.3%, but it's closing up and couple of the most recent polls show a tie, or Trump leading.  Sadly, he's down 5% in Virginia, so it's still looking like I'm going to have to vote for him.  Distressing.

Here's the thing...

Not one!

I've seen quite a few Trump yard signs in my county, too, as well as the surrounding ones.  Don't recall seeing a single Clinton sign.  There are something like 65,000 people in those counties.  1,125,000 in Fairfax County.  How many in your county?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep.

That's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not close. Talking heads say that to get people to watch their shitty networks. Everyone I hear talk is voting for Trump.

Yep.

That's it.

People that ARFCOMers associate with prefer Trump?  No shit, c'mon guys.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Polls only matter when Trump's ahead.  When Trump isn't those polls are part of the media conspiracy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

National polls don't tell us anything. This is one of the only sites worth repeated visits if you want to see how things are shaking out day-to-day on the electoral level.

ETA: For those that don't want to do the math, based on the lates polls, Trump has keep every single state that's red or pink AND win Florida AND swing Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Electoral-Vote.com

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Art/photo-01.png Clinton: 312   Ties:  29.  Trump:  197  http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Art/photo-02.png

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Pngs/Sep06.png
View Quote

Other sources show a closer race.  

http://www.270towin.com/

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Polls only matter when Trump's ahead.  When Trump isn't those polls are part of the media conspiracy.

Well seeing as the media literally does conspire against Trump it isn't hard to understand that when they have to admit that he is up in polls it means he is very likely doing so well that it manages to defeat their built in bias in their polling 'methodology'.
But I mean that would be the logical take on the situation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Isn't it ironic that the people who own the media and the federal reserve are the same? I think they're  vampires sucking us dry but some of you brainwashed cattle and thats how to they refer to you just can't see it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well seeing as the media literally does conspire against Trump it isn't hard to understand that when they have to admit that he is up in polls it means he is very likely doing so well that it manages to defeat their built in bias in their polling 'methodology'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol k
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He seems to think so. In the name of the Grand Wizardry of DHSness.
View Quote

Until his claims actually magically produce the people he would need to control every polling place in the U.S., I'm not going to spend much time worrying about it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've seen quite a few Trump yard signs in my county, too, as well as the surrounding ones.  Don't recall seeing a single Clinton sign.  There are something like 65,000 people in those counties.  1,125,000 in Fairfax County.  How many in your county?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing...

Not one!

Just outside of Alexandria here and while I have not seen any Trump signs I have not seen any Hillary signs either.    I'm sure there are some around (Old town Alex etc) however I have not seen them yet.

I have seen I think two Hillary bumper stickers and one Trump sticker.

I've seen more Obama '08 and '12 stickers than I have Hillary.  

I'm still not sure what to make of all that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just outside of Alexandria here and while I have not seen any Trump signs I have not seen any Hillary signs either.    I'm sure there are some around (Old town Alex etc) however I have not seen them yet.

View Quote

That's another reason not to trust the polls - people are embarrassed to admit that they support either one of them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's another reason not to trust the polls - people are embarrassed to admit that they support either one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not embarrassed, just don't want my shit vandalized.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Embarrassed is actually too strong of a word, but I get your point, also.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing...

Not one!

Rural, but again, in the past it has been more of an even split.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Make it all 57, just not Alaska and Hawaii and whatever that one state left was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
47 States

Believe me, 100%
Make it all 57, just not Alaska and Hawaii and whatever that one state left was.

So many people are going to shift right on Guam that the island just may tip over!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep.

That's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's it.

Even among the liberals I know only one will admit to planning to vote for Clinton. Only running against her could a bafoon like Trump have a shot.

She's just that awful.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing...

Not one!

I see a few Clinton bumper stickers in the city, no yard signs. Everywhere else is pretty much all Trump.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's it.

I don't exclude people from my circles solely for politics. Even the hardcore liberals who were practically worshiping Sanders daily on Facebook a few months ago are openly hateful towards Hillary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Even among the liberals I know only one will admit to planning to vote for Clinton. Only running against her could a bafoon like Trump have a shot.

She's just that awful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's it.

She's just that awful.

I have an aunt that is a flaming lib, constantly posting crap on FB.  This pay for play business has changed her mind.  I don't know if she'll vote, but it won't be for clinton.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I see a few Clinton bumper stickers in the city, no yard signs. Everywhere else is pretty much all Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing...

Not one!

Fairfax?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
You sure as hell can't go by the number of yard signs in NoVA.

Till Halloween all I saw down that way in my yard sale travels west of I-495 was Romney signs with a occasional Halfrican sign.

LOL....I really thought that meant something at the time.....Silly me because all it meant was I never traveled into the inner loop of the beltway where most of the Halfrican's supporters lived.

Even west of I-495 I'd bet dollars to donuts that most were split vote households what with all the liberal housefraus spending hubby's money at fucking Whole Foods.

Bottom line is that the coal country peeps in SW need to turn out. Those counties were really lagging behind the rest of the state in voter participation. If that improves along with low Dem turnout Trump stands a even chance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

She's just that awful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's it.

She's just that awful.

Yet if it was some other Republican they would be getting the shit kicked out them and blowing $ Millions doing it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fairfax?
View Quote

No.

The land of institutionalized democratic corruption where two consecutive Governors terms were cut short by a stint in prison.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

This represents my experience in Arlington almost perfectly.  The occasional Hillary bumper sticker is pretty much all I see.  Compared to '08 and '12 it's like there's not even an election.  

DC has more Hillary, but still much more tepid than past elections.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Had a conversation with my old roomates the other day, staunch democrat supporters the both of them. We were talking about the elections and when I asked how they could possible support Hillary, their response was: "oh fuck that, we're voting for Johnson"

I don't get how all these Bernie supporters are flocking to the libertarian party. Socialism and libertarianism are polar opposites; stupid liberals. I'm not complaining though, the less Hillary voters the better
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Had a conversation with my old roomates the other day, staunch democrat supporters the both of them. We were talking about the elections and when I asked how they could possible support Hillary, their response was: "oh fuck that, we're voting for Johnson"

I don't get how all these Bernie supporters are flocking to the libertarian party. Socialism and libertarianism are polar opposites; stupid liberals. I'm not complaining though, the less Hillary voters the better
View Quote

The most useful insight into the political landscape I've ever gotten was reading a study about morality and political affiliation.

The primary liberal moral axis is harm/well being.

The primary conservative moral axis is divinity/disgust.

The third moral axis (that all people use in varying ratios) is justice/injustice. libertarianism is even more highly correlated to justice than the others, but because it's a fractured axis in a two party political system the justice axis is bigger than libertarianism.

I've mentioned a number of times the reason Bernie resonated with so many people wasn't just because he was a commie, it was because he was a very strong justice secondary if not primary and tapped into it's lack of representation in the establishment of both parties. Conversely Johnson is a very strong well-being secondary if not primary. The only people who score lower on divinity/disgust than liberals are libertarians, it isn't accurate that they're polar opposites, nobody is using the same poles.

The Johnson campaign was designed to appeal to those Sanders people, I'm not even sure if Gary is actually as far left as he seems to be, he bugs the hell out of me as a standard-bearer for libertarianism just like most of the libertarians here but I can't argue with the strategy. He's gonna hurt Hillary way more than Trump and expose young liberals to libertarian ideas.

Weld was supposed to appeal to nevertrump GOPe types, think he mostly failed at that but whatever, it doesn't matter now that Trump is viable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So did Hillary fire off today on the tax returns? Seems like a weak sauce shot at getting back in the news. She did the usual "he stiffs people, associates with scumbags" whoop de doo
View Quote

The calls for Trump's tax returns crack me up.  Absolutely nobody cares about his tax returns.  It is such an obvious red herring, it has to have the opposite of the intended effect.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't know the difference.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If the polls have Trump ahead, some of the members here have stated that they will " not need to vote for him" which is exactly the same mindless manipulation by the polls.

Staying home, or voting based on what the polls say is an act of incredibly foolish submission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets them keep poll manipulation like they have.
Clinton voters are lazy and will stay home if they think she has it in the bag.

If the polls have Trump ahead, some of the members here have stated that they will " not need to vote for him" which is exactly the same mindless manipulation by the polls.

Staying home, or voting based on what the polls say is an act of incredibly foolish submission.

Trump would have to be up or down at least 10 percent in NY for me to even consider voting for anybody else. If it's within 10 percent he he my vote.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#41]

That "Live Odds" thing in the middle of the page was at 75% yesterday for Hillary.  Now its at 62%.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Just wait until Wikileaks starts releasing the real damaging stuff..
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just wait until Wikileaks starts releasing the real damaging stuff..
View Quote

Don't hold your breath.  Based on what he's said, all he has is more DNC hack stuff.  He even said that the impact will depend on how the media plays it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The polling is all messed up.

4 days apart and polls are 10 points in any direction from where they were last time, even though nothing of note has happened.

Maybe their adjusted formula for republican under reporting is all messed up because as many republicans don't like trump as liberals?  

View Quote
If you look at all the polls they have Trump up by 19% with independents. Even in polls where he is trailing Hillary by 5 points he is up with independents by 19%. Does that make any sense?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This represents my experience in Arlington almost perfectly.  The occasional Hillary bumper sticker is pretty much all I see. Compared to '08 and '12 it's like there's not even an election.  
View Quote

That's how it seems here (Tucson AZ). I've yet to actually see a Hillary anything. I know someone who drives all around town 6 days a week, and they claim they've never seen a single Hillary sign/sticker/shirt/etc either. I went to the Trump rally here several months back, and even in this liberal town the protesters (some of whom were obviously paid) were literally outnumbered 50 to 1 by Trump supporters.

Democrats make up only about 30% of AZ's voters, with the Republicans and Independents coming in at about 35% each. Trump is leading massively with Independents. Every time I see these polls for AZ stating only +2 or +3 Trump, it is beyond insane and simply cannot be taken seriously. Especially when considering that the largest red city in the nation is here in this state. I believe Trump's numbers are much, much, higher than what we're being told.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Trump's numbers are rising.  Now Reuter's electoral college forecast has Hillary only 28 votes ahead of Trump.  

http://www.reuters.com/statesofthenation/
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Before : Polls lie.

Now : Polls are truth.

Which is it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Which is it?
View Quote

Going to need about 3% more on the RCP average before we get to the truth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Which is it?
View Quote

Neither.

National polls tell us nothing interesting about the election.

Well conducted state polls may shed some light on current opinion.

Much can change between now and election day.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Which is it?
View Quote

Pollsters have to maintain an aura of credibility. The closer to the election, the more they will reflect a truer representation....
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top