Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 9:01:23 PM EDT
Someone here has to know. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
5 bucks
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on its manufacturer, time period and condition.  If it is one of the L drums made by the modern Auto-Ordnance in the 70's or 80's then it is probably only worth a few hundred bucks.  If it is a wartime drum, when millions of them were made, then it is a good quality drum provided its in decent condition and should bring about $500 or so.  If it is a pre-war contract drum from the original Auto-Ordnance then it will be worth several hundred dollars more.  If it is one of the ORIGINAL Colt made drums built during the initial production back in the early 20's then it may be worth about $1000.  All these prices are based on a drum in perfect working order and 95%+ condition.  If its beat up or missing parts or non-working then it is worth much less.

Send details of the drum including all markings and I would have a better idea.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an Auto-Ordnance 50 Round Drums Type "L" in like new condition. I also have one 30 rd stick magazine stamped Seymore Product Company (used).
Sorry I should have posted their description in my original post.

Link Posted: 4/29/2001 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, its hard to say what one it is from your description, but my guess is it may be one of the new production drums.  3-500 bucks would be a good starting price.  The stick mags are real common so 15-20 bucks on those.  Look at the hole in the spine of the stick mags about 2 inches down from the top.  It should be perfectly round.  If it is elongated (oval shaped) then it is a modified mag for the semi-auto Thompsons.  Those are only usable in a semi-auto so they are worth a bit less.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, are you looking to sell the drum? I'd be interested if you were...

[uzi]
SAMHAIN44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top