View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sturmgeist:
Originally Posted By Troll_toes:
OST

to see who gets their head bashed in

I have a feeling it will be this guy:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050428030350/memoryalpha/en/images/b/ba/Defiant-lieutenant-corpse.jpg

The unknown red shirt on the away team ...
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

It was set in the south. Remember that they drove to the Washington DC area, which is where Alexandria is.

Not that there couldn't be reloading equipment in that area though. Also remember that one of the last things Newgene and Abe did before the whole bat dance adventure was go out looking for reloading stuff to start making their own ammo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PhilChordoma:
It's set in the South, I don't understand how, with all the houses they've gone into, they've never found reloading equipment, or enough ARs and ammo to outfit a group 10 times their size. But I still watch.

It was set in the south. Remember that they drove to the Washington DC area, which is where Alexandria is.

Not that there couldn't be reloading equipment in that area though. Also remember that one of the last things Newgene and Abe did before the whole bat dance adventure was go out looking for reloading stuff to start making their own ammo.

I thought he just gave him the recipe for powder and the stuff to make it. I may be remembering wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
ETA:  The following is merely my guess, after much analysis.  

Maggie got killed by Negan and Lucille.  

Possibly SGT Abraham too.

But I think, at a minimum, it's Maggie.

Glenn lives.  Season 7 is about how Maggie's death changes Glenn from a good man into The Punisher.
View Quote

Nope
No way Glenn stays down if / when Maggie gets the bat. And Negan isn't going to let him jump up and be tackled / restrained. Its about sending a message. YOU DONT CHALLENGE ME. Plus he is smart enough to know he could NEVER turn his back on a man whose wife and unborn child he killed. Maggie and Glenn both get beat to death.
That's going to make America throw up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
I'm guessing it will be New Gene.
View Quote

I'm betting Abraham having his head bashed in, if only because he's a character I want to see sticking around.

My luck is a like that, often.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the TV show is notorious for pulling switcheroos from the comics, and the show is also notorious for audience trolling... so while I am not really confident in who I think is going to get killed, I am confident that the show is going to troll us hard in some way. Either by doing some sort of flashback episode that pushes off the reveal until the end, or they will do something like have Negan square up against one character then suddenly turn and kill a different one.

They have something up their sleeves with this, this is not going to play out how we all think it is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Nope
No way Glenn stays down if / when Maggie gets the bat. And Negan isn't going to let him jump up and be tackled / restrained. Its about sending a message. YOU DONT CHALLENGE ME. Plus he is smart enough to know he could NEVER turn his back on a man whose wife and unborn child he killed. Maggie and Glenn both get beat to death.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
ETA:  The following is merely my guess, after much analysis.  

Maggie got killed by Negan and Lucille.  

Possibly SGT Abraham too.

But I think, at a minimum, it's Maggie.

Glenn lives.  Season 7 is about how Maggie's death changes Glenn from a good man into The Punisher.

Nope

You are thinking in terms of what Negan would do as an intelligent post-apocalyptic warlord (which he is).  That is not the correct analytical process to use to determine who the writers have Negan kill.  I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have a poll to see who meets Lucy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Im in for season 7 of tactical error, bad decisions, stupid plots, and all around jerkoffedness.
But I love to complain so there is that
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Silver_Surfer] [#13]
In

My guess

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The end of season six just pissed me off.  Really?  No clue?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm here to complain about that cliffhanger bullshit.

I agree with these folks:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AUQWOjV6dY
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By TX_M1:
That kind of thing drove me crazy.

Morgan was one man, who held a city block and he was going insane alone.  Walker traps and booby traps for people.

I wanted a bunch of rednecks in up armored dump trucks clearing entire cities by driving through walkers, and raiding every fast food place for fryer oil to run the dump trucks on.

I wanted freaking tree houses accessible with rope ladders that walkers couldn't climb, and zip lines to escape to another building.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TX_M1:

Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:

Meh. I stopped watching  FTWD and swore I'd stop watching  TWD after they jerked us around with last seasons ending.

I may chime in though just to gripe.

Show should have more thinkers like Merle... His plan to execute the governor and his top men was pure genius... Only improvement would have been to have Rick and a few others leave after him to help him afterwards. But as it was, it was tactical brilliance.

Instead we get more stupidity than a Walmart shoppers thread.

That kind of thing drove me crazy.

Morgan was one man, who held a city block and he was going insane alone.  Walker traps and booby traps for people.

I wanted a bunch of rednecks in up armored dump trucks clearing entire cities by driving through walkers, and raiding every fast food place for fryer oil to run the dump trucks on.

I wanted freaking tree houses accessible with rope ladders that walkers couldn't climb, and zip lines to escape to another building.

Not to mention there would be .mil equipment laying just about everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Gene gets the bat.  I'm taking bets too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spartacus2002] [#18]
nvm
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 101_proof:

Please be Carl.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WileyG27:
Need to post a poll of who everyone thinks gets the business end of Negan's bat.

I say Abraham.

Please be Carl.

Judith.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm betting Abraham got the bat.

They seemed to be setting him up for it and there is that moment where Negan makes the comment about them being tough after the first few hits.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 762AR25:

They seemed to be setting him up for it and there is that moment where Negan makes the comment about them being tough after the first few hits.
View Quote

Nope........it's gonna be the gay guy from Alexandria. The poster above said Judith but she's with the priest.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:

Nope........it's gonna be the gay guy from Alexandria. The poster above said Judith but she's with the priest.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:

I know but that kid should have been dead a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]

I was guessing Daryl.  He got to do his own "Riding with Norman Reedus" show as a going away gift.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Is it a spoiler to suggest the actor who didn't show up on the film set is the one who's character got written off the show?

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: palmetto] [#25]
Originally Posted By Veprk762:

The entire cast of Fear the Walking Dead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Veprk762:
Originally Posted By WileyG27:
Need to post a poll of who everyone thinks gets the business end of Negan's bat.

I say Abraham.

Please be Carl.

The entire cast of Fear the Walking Dead.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#26]
It was one of the four locked up separate from Rick and the gang...

Why?

the directing style of the season finale was ALL about "first person perspective" , and that carried right up to Negan swinging Lucille at someone in FPP. So, I say it was one of them and that one IS GLENN

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#28]
In on 2!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That doesn't matter - the comment is directly from the comics.
It could still be anyone.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
My guess is Glenn got the bat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:
My guess is Glenn got the bat.
View Quote

Too obvious.  And he is a fan favorite.  Remember, AMC tested those waters for a couple of episodes when we thought Glenn died at the dumpster.  Huge viewer backlash.  The kind that loses viewers permanently if that character is definitively dead.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIMJEDI] [#32]
Spoiler tag no worky....

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Spoiler tags are tricky, sometimes mine work sometimes not so much
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S13] [#34]
Nobody fookin knows....

Please, somebody that works on the set just post it on a spoiler tag.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I still say there are shenanigans afoot.

The show is going to rick roll us somehow.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HardShell] [#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By benny57:
Should have a poll to see who meets Lucy.
View Quote

How about a pool in the thread? A walking dead thread dead pool! Copy the list and add your vote next to the candidate you think it will be.

I believe it is Maggie, because by Negan logic she is already ill and pregnant, she will be a resource drain instead of a producer, and she might die anyway. Also Kirkman said they pick character deaths that will have the greatest impact on others, and propel story lines along. Maggie's death would break Gene out of the slump he's been experiencing. His character has pretty much plateaued and this could make him plumb mad dog mean.

Here are the candidates:

Rick -
Coral -
Michonne -
Big Red (aka Abe) -
NewGene -
Gene -
Maggie - TNC,
Judith -
Daryl -
Sasha -
Aaron -
Rosita -
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#39]
On the last episode of the talking dead they said it was a character from season 1 and it would piss a lot of people off.
I'm going with Daryl.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:58:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hotbiggun42] [#40]
Show is winding down. Rick gets the bat!

You guys think the first episode of this season will reveal who got the bat?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#41]
If Negan wanted to send a message, he would kill one of Rick's best men... which would mean either Daryl or Abe. But with Daryl cowed and wounded it would not send much of a message beating to death a bloodied and crippled man. And Abe was the only one to stand tall in front of him and look him in the eye, making him a good "example".

Gene's little outburst singles him out as someone who will "be missed" by the group if he was to be killed, plus like Abe he showed resistance and defiance in front of Negan, making him an excellent "example".

I also don't see him killing NewGene or Aaron, they are pretty much wimps and you don't send a message by killing the weak links in the chain.

I also seriously doubt Negan kills any of the women, he doesn't seem like "that guy". Evil as he is, the man has a warped code he follows, and beating a sick pregnant woman to death just doesn't seem fitting.

And he outright CAN'T kill Rick or Coral, they are the main characters.

So I would think the logical choice would be to kill Abe... but this show rarely runs on logic alone. I still say it has a trick up its sleeve.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Has there been a count on how many members swore they would never watch  another episode .

and are back  waiting for the first episode  of  is the new season.

I myself have zombie -itis  and cannot keep myself from viewing every and all

apocalypse shows. there is a few that I have no idea what's going on and just wait for the   bloodbath .

waiting patiently for the  head smash.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:28:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stfm] [#43]
response to JsARCLIGHT post

I feel  Rick loves all of his group equally.

Any group member would be miss by them all .  they work so well together and back each other's every move.

news update : reporter just reported from Exuma  Bahamas  the first rain band his hit  the island O no
you know waiting for storm gets boring  but reporting the rain bands is going a little too  far.
Now there sticking a microphone out side  and saying listen to the rain.

they should get hit pretty hard but coverage is ridiculous
and good luck to all it's not going  be  any fun.

everybody at (peace and plenty)     hanging no

the bar is the old kitchen to a plantation  Overlooking the bay shielded by Block Island
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By hotbiggun42:
Show is winding down. Rick gets the bat!

You guys think the first episode of this season will reveal who got the bat?
View Quote

I think AMC has said they will reveal sometime during first episode.

I think they have to or they will start a fan revolt.  That leads to lost viewers.  AMC knows that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By stfm:

Any group member would be miss by them all .  they work so well together and back each other's every move.
View Quote

But Negan has no way of knowing this, he has just "met" Rick and his group and would be making his decision based on what he sees in front of him.

And he sees a bunch of sniveling, beaten down, defeated people... except for Abe who stands up and looks him in the eyes, and Gene who has an outburst about Maggie. Two people out of a group of whipped dogs who seem brave.

If you want to subjugate a group that you just met, you break their strongest legs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bushbandit:
On the last episode of the talking dead they said it was a character from season 1 and it would piss a lot of people off.
I'm going with Daryl.
View Quote

I hope you are right. his schtick is wearing thin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#47]
No one reads instructions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#48]
If Negan wanted to send a message, he would kill one of Rick's best men... which would mean either Daryl or Abe. But with Daryl cowed and wounded it would not send much of a message beating to death a bloodied and crippled man. And Abe was the only one to stand tall in front of him and look him in the eye, making him a good "example".

Gene's little outburst singles him out as someone who will "be missed" by the group if he was to be killed, plus like Abe he showed resistance and defiance in front of Negan, making him an excellent "example".

I also don't see him killing NewGene or Aaron, they are pretty much wimps and you don't send a message by killing the weak links in the chain.

I also seriously doubt Negan kills any of the women, he doesn't seem like "that guy". Evil as he is, the man has a warped code he follows, and beating a sick pregnant woman to death just doesn't seem fitting.

And he outright CAN'T kill Rick or Coral, they are the main characters.

So I would think the logical choice would be to kill Abe... but this show rarely runs on logic alone. I still say it has a trick up its sleeve.
View Quote

I once thought it would be Abe.  Then I remembered it's a show.  Thus, it's driven by "how do we retain the most viewers," not "what would an extremely competent American warlord do."  That led me to eliminate Abe from my list, and led me to Maggie.  Maggie's death would make viewers hate Negan enough just to keep watching to see if Karma gets him back.  And we get to watch Glenn become plumb mad-dog mean (like another poster said), which is new ground for us all -- which mean we keep watching to see what he does.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:38:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spartacus2002] [#49]

But Negan has no way of knowing this, he has just "met" Rick and his group and would be making his decision based on what he sees in front of him.

And he sees a bunch of sniveling, beaten down, defeated people... except for Abe who stands up and looks him in the eyes, and Gene who has an outburst about Maggie. Two people out of a group of whipped dogs who seem brave.

If you want to subjugate a group that you just met, you break their strongest legs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stfm:

Not if you want those strong legs working for you and can cow those legs into submission via threat of another's death.

Shit, if I were Negan and it was real life and not a show, I'd say "Abraham, you are it.  But I'm not gonna kill you.  You're gonna stay alive and work for me instead.  And if you buck me, I'm killing you and one of your friends to, chosen at random, maybe two or three of them depending on how I'm  feeling that day.. Rick, my man, if your people in Alexandria give me any shit, I will kill your buddy Abraham and at least one of your people.  End of discussion."

Being a warlord is serious business!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#50]
just kidding   love everybody equally,  back each other up,   not so much  .

The psychological evaluation as presented seems correct.

Page / 128
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top