Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 12:23:35 AM EDT
I took in the girlfriend's cat because she's moved into a nicer apartment. It hates all people except me and her, and the no kill shelters refused to take the little demon.

I've had it about a week, and it stays outside while I'm at work and most of the evening. Inside at night. I do not have a litter box yet and don't want to deal with the smells or hassle of cleaning it.

It has not peed or crapped in the house yet, but is that inevitable or is the little fucker learned to only go outside like the dags?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Check your less-worn shoes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
a dang cat adopted us,  and it prefers to poop outside under the lilac bushes.   He has a liter box, also outside, but he seems to prefer the bushes. If he's inside and has to poop,  he'll go to the door and start climbing the door.

he pooped in my parents house one time (he's still a kitten) cause she left him in the house, but even that he didn't screw up, he climbed on the counter,  found an empty wallmart sack, dragged the sack onto the floor in the corner, pooped on the sack.  I was pretty impressed with that. It's why we let him go in the house
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
World's Best cat litter and try to clean it every day.  Almost no smell.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My neighbor's cat is an indoor/outdoor that poops outside. He has no litter box at all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 cats that refuse to go inside. They have a box that they have never used.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Our cat is an indoor/outdoor that we adopted when he showed up as an adult. We had a litter box for a while but he prefers to just go outside. He communicates what he wants very well. Once every couple months when he gets left inside he'll just poop in the bathtub.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Ours uses the toilet.  About 9 years now.

Not even joking.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys piss me off... I have more than 1 cat that goes in/out and refuses to poop outside. They'll sit at the door whining and scratching and when I let them in they'll go use the litter box then want back out
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not even joking.
View Quote

Did You just luck into that? How does that even happen
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not even joking.

Gotta train them.  They take to it pretty quick though.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
We have a cat that runs up to the top of the hill, shits in about 3 seconds, and sprints off like lightning. He also occasionally doesn't make it all the way to the litter box. He's a nut.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Maine Coon cat that likes to shit on a stump.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#13]
One of my cats only goes outside (he stay in most everyday--out at night).  The other will only use the litter box if I am too lazy to get up and let him out at night.

It would be good to have a litter box available, but he might only use it when it is raining and he doesn't want to go out and get wet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even joking.

http://www.citikitty.com

Anyways, I used to have 3 cats. They were indoor/outdoor cats. With no training, from birth they would sit at the door and meow when they needed to go out.  We kept a litterbox in the basement for the rainy days...but they did their business in the woods 98.87% of the time
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#16]
We have a cat at work that somewhat lives in one of our buildings. She has free run inside & out, but usually will make a special trip just to use the litter box.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
My cat was raised with two pit bulls. When she was a kitten, she would go out with the dogs. After a few weeks the dogs started burying their crap just like cats do. Now she sends most of her time outdoors and only comes in to eat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
My cat stays outside most days.  Inside at night.  He will hold it for days if you don't let him out.  He has a litter box but refuses to use it unless he has to.  

He is a real asshole also.  He won't have anything to do with most people.  He won't even sit with my wife.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a cat door so the cat goes in and out as he pleases, I don't have a litter box and have no clue where he takes a dump.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#20]
FPNI.

My cat took care of business outdoors for many years.  Would meow at the door to go out, and meow ten minutes later to come back in.  Catbox was rarely used.
We moved and she doesn't do that much any more.

I would get a litter box.  Cat piss on whatever is in the corner or behind the chair is not nice to clean up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/user/d4xycrq/media/Critters%20Brindie%20Lorna%20Milly%20George/lorna_yawn_zpsg5jrghat.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/d4xycrq/Critters%20Brindie%20Lorna%20Milly%20George/lorna_yawn_zpsg5jrghat.jpg</a>
View Quote

Asserting dominance via defecation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#22]
My neighbor does......my flower beds smell like piss. Someday that cat is going to disappear...

Control your animals.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Our cat Meatball has a litter box inside but rarely uses it. He prefers to do his business outside. He might go a week or two without using the box which is OK by me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes. When we had a cat I put a cat door in a window so he went in the back yard. He liked going outside and no cat box inside. Win Win..
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Our old cat, did this, she was a good cat.

our current little heathen, that fucker comes inside to use the littler box then heads back outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top