Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If its tax payer paid housing, why not?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What I'm wondering about is...

Interesting how it's illegal to drug-test them but they're trying to make it legal to ban them from smoking?  I guess the caveat is that ... whatever is in the administration's interests is "legal" and anything that isn't is "illegal".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The smoking ban would apply to lit cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Residents would be prohibited from smoking not only in their homes but also in hallways, on balconies and porches and anywhere else within 25 feet of the apartment building.It would apply to most public housing units, except those in buildings that are only partially government-funded. More than 700,000 public housing units where residents are not already prohibited from lighting up would be covered by the smoking ban.

http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/292560-smoking-ban-for-public-housing-sparks-backlash

I suppose that weed, meth, and heroin are permitted under the proposed ban on "lit tobacco products"
http://www.regulations.gov/document?D=HUD-2015-0101-0001  

Interesting how it's illegal to drug-test them but they're trying to make it legal to ban them from smoking?  I guess the caveat is that ... whatever is in the administration's interests is "legal" and anything that isn't is "illegal".

Not really. The rulings against drug testing are based on the logic that there is not a justification to invade their privacy just to obtain free shit. I disagree, because:

1. The state has an interest in ensuring that taxpayer funds don't subsidize drug activity.

2. Welfare is voluntary and discriminatory by nature you aught to submit to certain circumstances that improve your position in life to take advantage.

Tobacco ban, though? Uhhhhhh are they going to enforce the crack cocaine ban first?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good. I'm not allowed to smoke in my own damn commercial building, fuck if they should be allowed to smoke in one I pay for as well.
View Quote

"If I have to be less free, EVERYBODY should be less free too!"

I would prefer to restore your freedoms.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If that's true, this may be the first thing that moron has proposed that I don't have a problem with
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Weed is okay right!
View Quote

Crack will still be fine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not really. The rulings against drug testing are based on the logic that there is not a justification to invade their privacy just to obtain free shit. I disagree, because:

1. The state has an interest in ensuring that taxpayer funds don't subsidize drug activity.

2. Welfare is voluntary and discriminatory by nature you aught to submit to certain circumstances that improve your position in life to take advantage.

Tobacco ban, though? Uhhhhhh are they going to enforce the crack cocaine ban first?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The smoking ban would apply to lit cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Residents would be prohibited from smoking not only in their homes but also in hallways, on balconies and porches and anywhere else within 25 feet of the apartment building.It would apply to most public housing units, except those in buildings that are only partially government-funded. More than 700,000 public housing units where residents are not already prohibited from lighting up would be covered by the smoking ban.

http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/292560-smoking-ban-for-public-housing-sparks-backlash

I suppose that weed, meth, and heroin are permitted under the proposed ban on "lit tobacco products"

Wrong. 4th amendment. Drug testing is a search and seizure issue. To drug test a group of people not because they are suspected of a crime but because they receive some type of assistance is wrong. That's how Liberty works.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Wrong. 4th amendment. Drug testing is a search and seizure issue. To drug test a group of people not because they are suspected of a crime but because they receive some type of assistance is wrong. That's how Liberty works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the government is suppose to test facilities for asbestos, but not drugs?  

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Its been in effect at one welfare housing unit in houston 2 years now
http://m.chron.com/news/health/article/Smoking-banned-at-Houston-public-housing-5173898.php
Im ok with it too. The shit permeates and damages walls and carpeting that the welfare leeches certainly cant afford to replace. So who does foot those bills?
Taxpayers.
If  the welfare leeches are too lazy to go outside and smoke fuck em
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Will this apply to Section 8 rental units?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good. The taxpayers own those buildings.
View Quote

The tax payers own the white House, he has no problem smoking in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Good do it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm OK with it.  
View Quote

Cigarettes are for closers.  You want to do what you want? When you pay for it go ahead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I say ban housing projects along with all other forms of welfare
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#15]
He should ban murder, robbery, rape, child abuse, drug abuse, burglary, muggings, drug peddling, and vandalism, but people should be allowed to smoke in their apartments.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you're cool with the cops tossing your home, vehicle, or even blood/body without a warrant or reasonable articulable suspicion. Cool.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If its tax payer paid housing, why not?
View Quote

Wait until you have taxpayer paid medical care.......no more liberty for you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#19]
That be racist, yo!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
They shouldn't be allowed to keep firearms for their own protection in their apartments  either.

Tyranny that I personally approve of is perfectly acceptable.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
maybe he should try to get lead free water for his people in Detroit...
View Quote

Wrong city dumbass
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
If you take gov money don't be surprised if they keep attaching strings as time goes by. Gov overreach is standard practice and won't slow down any time soon.
That said, I'm sure the compliance rate will be 100%.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I'll just have a coke and watch the meltdown

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#25]
lol
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate smoking and housing projects.  Regardless, they would be well within their rights to tell him to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope it passes so the black community can (maybe?) finally see that he's not one of them, nor does he give a shit about their liberty.
View Quote

You went full logic.  Never go full logic.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hate smoking and housing projects.  Regardless, they would be well within their rights to tell him to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
View Quote

You just said it best.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#29]
The State giveth, and the State taketh away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The police and the black community have a good relationship currently so I assume the police will.
View Quote

+1

Yup, this will go over very well!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Not their house, not their rules. I'm fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#32]
You mean free stuff has strings attached?   Who would have guessed?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#33]
If people have money to buy smokes let them pay for their own apartment.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Besides the local housing projects here have parking lots filled with cars I can't afford.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup. Besides the local housing projects here have parking lots filled with cars I can't afford.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You actually did afford them, you were forced to buy them for those that get free money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Let's start with not urinating in the hallways first
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope he success .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Let's start with not urinating in the hallways first
View Quote

They only piss in the hallways when they can't get into an elevator soon enough to piss in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#39]
unenforceable
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
does this mean he won't be allowed to smoke in the WH?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Another weird thing about this.

The public housing residents will call this a repressive measure and blame it all on whitey.
View Quote

Obama IS "whitey", so yeah.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I guess you're cool with the cops tossing your home, vehicle, or even blood/body without a warrant or reasonable articulable suspicion. Cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you're cool with taxpayers supplying a residence, utilities, Obamaphones, and drug money to deadbeats.  Cool.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They shouldn't be allowed to keep firearms for their own protection in their apartments  either.

View Quote

It's not they're house. It's a .gov house. I dictate to my tenants that they cannot smoke or own pets in MY house. Want to guess why?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#44]
He should add doing drugs to the smoking ban
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

unenforceable
View Quote

Will they keep their security deposit

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's not they're house. It's a .gov house. I dictate to my tenants that they cannot smoke or own pets in MY house. Want to guess why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The federal government doesn't "own" the housing projects, it subsidizes their operation, but is not the actual landlord.

For example, The New York City Housing Authority, the largest in the country,  housing an estimated 500,000 residents, is owned and operated by a non - mayoral authority which is a NY State Public Benefit Corporation  and every single one of their housing projects is legally considered private, rather than public property.

The tenants are tenants by lease and their leases do not prohibit smoking tobacco.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are you a Senator?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a Senator?

I guess the point being made was beyond your understanding.

Taxpayers feel bad for poor people.
Taxpayers subject themselves to taxation.
Tax dollars used for poor people housing.
Taxpayers establish rules governing use of housing.
Poor person wants free apartment.
Poor person must submit to the rules governing free housing.
Poor person doesn't like rules? Person can leave.

Of course we could avoid all of this and just not have housing projects , but you know..... feelerz and all that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Of course we could avoid all of this and just not have housing projects , but you know..... feelerz and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a Senator?

Wow you're really smart.

You should have no difficulty  learning about who actually makes the rules included in the leases of the residents of public housing.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top