Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya don't even have to look at the pics anymore..........

Yep.

the name was a tip off
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I totally agree.  Just thugs(blue) being thugs(blue).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue generation at it's finest.  Issue a ticket and be done with it.

I feel much safer every time they tow a car for expired tags

While they were shoring up the budget, at least 100 illegals drove past them.  In their defense, they are told not to arrest these criminals by their bosses.  You think some of them would show some courage and defy those orders.  Lol, just kidding.  Not a chance in hell.
I'm willing to bet that the cops have dealt with her before and have been waiting for an opportunity to give her a hard time.   People like her make enemies everywhere they go.   The article says she's on the public safety board,  I bet they know her very well.  

So....

She is an attorney, who is elected official who sits on the ethics board, and the police board.
Her plates are expired as of May, and it's almost Sept.
KCPD has a written policy which was approved by the Chief, after being vetted by the City Attorney's,(becaus department policies are vetted by attorney's in order to prevent stupid and illegal written policies), that allows vehicles with expired tags (derelict), to be towed, and KCPD starts to do so.
The elected official comes out demanding special "consideration" due to her elected official position, and is ultimately given undue "consideration"....

And this is all the cops fault?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Police dashcam video obtained by KCTV5 News shows a simple tow job turn into a mess.
View Quote

Towing or simple.

You may choose only one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I've lived in the KC Metro Area most of my life, and I've never heard of someone's vehicle being towed for expired tags.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While they were shoring up the budget, at least 100 illegals drove past them.  In their defense, they are told not to arrest these criminals by their bosses.  You think some of them would show some courage and defy those orders.  Lol, just kidding.  Not a chance in hell.
View Quote

Can local cops enforce immigration laws?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So....

She is an attorney, who is elected official who sits on the ethics board, and the police board.

KCPD has a written policy which was approved by the Chief, after being vetted by the City Attorney's,(becaus department policies are vetted by attorney's in order to prevent stupid and illegal written policies), that allows vehicles with expired tags (derelict), to be towed, and KCPD starts to do so.

The elected official comes out demanding special "consideration" due to her elected official position, and is ultimately given undue "consideration"....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm willing to bet that the cops have dealt with her before and have been waiting for an opportunity to give her a hard time.   People like her make enemies everywhere they go.   The article says she's on the public safety board,  I bet they know her very well.  

So....

For some people, the homo-erotic rage they feel every time they see a cop blurs their thinking a bit.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorta... With local laws, if any, prohibiting employers and landlords from doing business with illegal immigrants. Enforcing those laws would help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats one where you aim the tazer for dead center of her chest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
She should run for president.........she has potential.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#14]
She's a dip shit, but towing for May expiration is a serious bug up the butt situation.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm waiting to see if Emanuel Cleaver shows up and who's  side he will land on.  That is going to set the tone of the public in the area.

Clearly she can't follow rules of her own city, she must be sweating every time she is in a ethics meeting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sorta... With local laws, if any, prohibiting employers and landlords from doing business with illegal immigrants. Enforcing those laws would help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have those type laws here, but a big difference from what he insinuated.  Also local agencies could participate in the 287G program, until ICE essentially scrapped it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....

They pick and choose which ones they are going to enforce.  As far as the elected official, cops demand(and receive) special consideration from other cops.  So what is the issue here?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For some people, the homo-erotic rage they feel every time they see a cop blurs their thinking a bit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....

Lol, projecting much?  Please feel free to tell all about your "friend" named "some people".
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Somehow, "snowflake", doesn't conjure up an accurate mental image.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cue special snowflake .gif

Somehow, "snowflake", doesn't conjure up an accurate mental image.

Made me chuckle
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police do not enforce labor laws either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#22]
This is why police have unions. You know she's going to try to get people fired.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I really don't understand the problem here, once the wrecker hooks up it's no longer the officer's problem. It belongs to the wrecker driver then.  She can ride the brakes all the way to the storage lot for all I care.

Don't debate  idiots at work.  Ever.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]
After some grace period, it's appropriate to tow for expired registration. Otherwise theres a big element that would never renew their registrations.

Whether the grace period is 10, 30, 90 or 180 days is up to the legislature.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I went to a fire call the other day for a smoke detector alarm. There was no visible smoke or fire upon arrival.

The homeowner sent a key holder to open the house for us to check inside.

The key holder is a local cop and ex-fire chief. His truck had no inspection sticker and tags that expired in July 2015.

Local cops on scene were asked if they were going to ticket him and their reply was "what for?"

When we pointed out the expired tag and lack of inspection they just laughed, shrugged their shoulders and said "no".

Police apparently do have discretion about writing tickets and towing cars,
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Typical black response.

No accountability for their actions.

It's always, "You don't treat other folks this way, just backs"

Here's a clue African-Americans, don't break the law and act like an ass, your lives will be better.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I went to a fire call the other day for a smoke detector alarm. There was no visible smoke or fire upon arrival.

The key holder is a local cop and ex-fire chief. His truck had no inspection sticker and tags that expired in July 2015.

Local cops on scene were asked if they were going to ticket him and their reply was "what for?"

When we pointed out the expired tag and lack of inspection they just laughed, shrugged their shoulders and said "no".

View Quote

A former fire chief?  Why are you diming out one of your brothers?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sadly she doesn't even realize the horsepower she would gain by allowing the tow, pay the fees, and renew the tags.  

Then later she could say she is acting objectively and supports law enforcement.  

View Quote

Given her constituency, I doubt she was elected on a pro-LEO platform...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's nothing, we had a cop at work who was asked why the car he drove to work had an inspection and plates that were expired over 4 years. Turns out it was his wife's car, she was a Detective in IA.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's nothing, we had a cop at work who was asked why the car he drove to work had an inspection and plates that were expired over 4 years. Turns out it was his wife's car, she was a Detective in IA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I once arrested a firefighter for DWI, he had New Jersey plates that were ELEVEN years out of date.  He said police stopped him all the time but always let him off.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
cue special snowflake .gif
View Quote

+1

Mouthy bitch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....

It is like they have a trigger moment.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would fall under zoning at the very most.

Not local cops.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

the name was a tip off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya don't even have to look at the pics anymore..........

Yep.

the name was a tip off

I didn't even look at the name.

The phrase "I'm asking you to give me consideration," gave it away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Or the PD could refuse to impound/store any vehicles in the future because of the councilwomans actions/opinion and see what happens.  

I bet when the entire council sees the finance loss on the budget spreadsheets the following year they call a different tune.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Joe Public would have had his ass beaten for jumping in the car and starting it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Oppressed people have special privileges.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not local cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not local cops.

Liberals want police to do everything.  Arrest people they don't like, spy on people they don't like, let them go when they get caught because  they are not "those people"  fix potholes, treat the mentally ill,  

He's the perfect example.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Liberals want police to do everything.  Arrest people they don't like, spy on people they don't like, let them go when they get caught because  they are not "those people"  fix potholes, treat the mentally ill,  
View Quote

I can't enforce any federal gun regulations / laws.

Just like I can't enforce immigration laws.

It cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It is like they have a trigger moment.
View Quote

I think that you have to look no farther than Pavlov's experiments.  They are the slobbering dogs and a cop thread is the bell.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They pick and choose which ones they are going to enforce.  As far as the elected official, cops demand(and receive) special consideration from other cops.  So what is the issue here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....

So, you're agreeing they are able to legally tow a car with expired plates and you're not going to answer my question.

Ok.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fire alarm goes off, resident has some else allow access to building in order to prevent the FD from breaking down the door or a window to gain entry to ensure there is no fire and you want cops to ticket the guy for expired plates?

Where are you a Fire Fighter? Did you tell the Ex Fire Chief you wanted him ticketed for expired plates after he denied your chance to use your Haligan tool?

If you get injured in a car accident that isnt your fault, but you have a warrant for jay walking, should I arrest you, or let you be treated and transported by EMS?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It cuts both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cuts both ways.

Lol, try not to lie too much.

You will do whatever you are told to do.

Enter homes without warrants, check

Confiscate private property, check

Arrest folks for obscure statutes, check

All in a days work for an honest, hard working cop.

You need to be a little more honest, officer.  You could find a reason to arrest people that are in violation of federal law for a local statute, you just do what you are told and don't.

Don't worry, you will get that pension shortly and be able to cleanse that dirty conscience.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You need to be a little more honest, officer.  You could find a reason to arrest people that are in violation of federal law for a local statute, you just do what you are told and don't.

Don't worry, you will get that pension shortly and be able to cleanse that dirty conscience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cuts both ways.

10/10 on the strawman argument.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It cuts both ways.

So you have no knowledge of any those things ever happening during your career or you ever looking the other way when you see them occurring?

Strawman my ass.  Almost like you are a Choir Boy.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So you have no knowledge of any those things ever happening during your career or you ever looking the other way when you see them occurring?

Strawman my ass.  Almost like you are a Choir Boy.  
View Quote

Dude, you're not even trying to make a sound argument anymore.

It is kind of sad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is why police have unions. You know she's going to try to get people fired.
View Quote

KCPD isn't unionized.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#50]

I hope she does not get burned in a grease fire...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top