Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 8/28/2016 8:41:31 AM EDT
I think he got banned a few months ago?
Was it permanent?  Did he get tired of whatever bullshit, and pack up his toys and leave?

08/29/2016

ETA: title thread changed from  What happened to Keith_J

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it was a 90 day lock, and he went for a walk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It was thirty days. He never came back. He got into a match with 2minkey. 2minkey was banned from GD, as a result, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
well, GD is a lesser place without him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
2minkey is a terrible person. Keith_J is awesome. It troubles me that motherfuckers like 2minkey are allowed to hang around, shitting on people until a good guy finally calls them on it and gets in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2minkey is a terrible person. Keith_J is awesome. It troubles me that motherfuckers like 2minkey are allowed to hang around, shitting on people until a good guy finally calls them on it and gets in trouble.
View Quote

Totally this. Has really hurt the site in the last few years imo. I've been lurking since 2004, and while GD has always been special,  there used to be at least a little more conversation . Now it seems is nothing but monkeys throwing poop at each other.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Totally this. Has really hurt the site in the last few years imo. I've been lurking since 2004, and while GD has always been special,  there used to be at least a little more conversation . Now it seems is nothing but monkeys throwing poop at each other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely not what it used to be. Sad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
We're creatures of habit, so I believe he'll be back. ( I hope ).
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

TRG never came back.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

GD's collective IQ dropped 60 points with Keith's departure..

We could really use those back before all the electricity gets wasted to ground....
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I can be an arrogant SOB at times, or so I've been told. The reason isn't that I think very highly of myself, it's that I think most people are rather clueless when you get them outside of their field of specialization. To make matters worse, I think that people working inside their area of specialization are often blinded by their training and can't see the bigger picture. This makes me very reluctant to change my educated opinion on a subject based on what one person tells me...

Except for Keith_J (and a few others like him) That's how much I respected his knowledge. I don't know what happened to get him banned, but it's a loss both for the site and for me personally.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't play in GD if you don't want GD shenanigans. Go to team if you want the discussions.

Every online forum I've ever been on has people complaining that "it used to be like this here, and now it's not" when in reality it really hasn't changed thst much, just different people.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]
One of the best guys that posted here. With the influx of douchebags that have came on board in the last few years I'm sure it made his head hurt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#13]
[personal attack removed and warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

TRG never came back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG never came back.

Don't remind me
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Keith J was one of the smartest guys on this forum. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  The site has changed, and not for the better.  You used to be able to call trolls on their bullshit.  There is the danger of becoming an echo chamber, but I think there CoC should be tweaked or exemptions made from time to time.  

I'd like to see Keith J come back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Don't play in GD if you don't want GD shenanigans. Go to team if you want the discussions.

Every online forum I've ever been on has people complaining that "it used to be like this here, and now it's not" when in reality it really hasn't changed thst much, just different people.
View Quote
Nah... things have indeed changed.  The constant whininess is annoying.  But it is really just a sign of the times.  Social media and online interaction has taught everyone that it is fine to have no manners and go from civilized to asshole in 1-2 posts when they disagree. Millenials gonna millennial.  

ETA: Oh, and...

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#18]
He goes off sometimes and I never understand why people get so worked up here. Too much alcohol or lack of sex?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
He fent.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can be an arrogant SOB at times, or so I've been told. The reason isn't that I think very highly of myself, it's that I think most people are rather clueless when you get them outside of their field of specialization. To make matters worse, I think that people working inside their area of specialization are often blinded by their training and can't see the bigger picture. This makes me very reluctant to change my educated opinion on a subject based on what one person tells me...

Except for Keith_J (and a few others like him) That's how much I respected his knowledge. I don't know what happened to get him banned, but it's a loss both for the site and for me personally.
View Quote

Yep. There are a few on here who can make me seriously re-think a position.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, Keith_J was the smartest poster on this site.  He will be missed.

Last Login Date: 2/28/2016 4:56:18 PM EDT
Last Post Date: 2/28/2016 4:31:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#22]
[personal attack removed and warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Is there an actual member lookup, or do you just have to find a post and click on their info button?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was thirty days. He never came back. He got into a match with 2minkey. 2minkey was banned from GD, as a result, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a link to that thread?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We could really use those back before all the electricity gets wasted to ground....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was an all around smart guy for sure. I miss a lot of his contributions. However, I do remeber seeing some quetionable remarks concerning electricity and electronics from him. Can't be an expert on everything.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I liked him and thought he was an asset to this site but he knew when he hit the enter key that were going to be consequences. The only two bannings (not that Keith got banned) that I've thought were unfair was one, the guy with the mother joke. It was a perfectly executed zinger the everyone thought was really funny, including I think the guy it was said to. It was not mean or ugly, just a funny come back that you'd have said to your best friend if he gave you the setup. The second was InfiniteGrim. He said the exact two words about a cop getting killed that a staff  member said about an innocent person getting killed by police.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2minkey is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you call using Google before you post smart, then I will agree.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I really miss his posts.   I always thought he was the professor from Gilligan's Island.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought you had me on ignore, cry-baby.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are another one who should be ran off off before you take out a good guy. You don't know shit, yet you run your cock holster constantly.

I thought you had me on ignore, cry-baby.

I do. I clicked to see if anything had changed. sadly it had not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst troll post ever.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#32]
If for nothing more then wiping the collective asses of the low IQ global climate change idiots thru the cleansing wash of facts and science, I miss him.

I would sit back and imagine the idiots with froth foaming their lips and spittle flying across the basement bedroom as they attempted to find actual facts to dispute him. When they couldn't, they'd start with the ''consensus'' BS and end with their glorious humiliation as they sank deeper and deeper into frenzied denial.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The CoC prevents me from expressing my actual feelings about "Mr. 2Minkey."
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Many champions have fallen.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do a search for Keith_J and 2minkey for late Feb, then cross reference, it should be  easy enough to find. The last shared thread.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I liked him and thought he was an asset to this site but he knew when he hit the enter key that were going to be consequences. The only two bannings (not that Keith got banned) that I've thought were unfair was one, the guy with the mother joke. It was a perfectly executed zinger the everyone thought was really funny, including I think the guy it was said to. It was not mean or ugly, just a funny come back that you'd have said to your best friend if he gave you the setup. The second was InfiniteGrim. He said the exact two words about a cop getting killed that a staff  member said about an innocent person getting killed by police.
View Quote
I once made a comment that white people should vote R, then rewarding themselves with some pork chops and peas and mashed potatoes, or something like that.  I got an account warning, until I pointed out that Michelle Obama had instructed "black folks to vote D, then reward themselves with some fried chicken and collared greens"

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
then he was the Einstein of search engines, because he wasn't often corrected.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Hell, I miss SgtAr15's stupid doll posts.  But, I think he may have done some bad stuff: I recently saw some comments that indicated he did some really negative stuff I wasn't aware of back then.

The widely varied characters on AR15 are what keep it interesting. If you take them for what they are, and accept the stupidity, some of them are great, even when trolling.

Diesel comes to mind.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Much has been lost, but much abides.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keith never should have swallowed the DU troll bait and gotten into it with him here in GD.

He should have taken him to the pit and worked it out there - by mopping the fucking floor with him.

We would have gotten a much better outcome that way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#42]
This isn't the first time Keith has taken leave of this place.  Several years ago he disappeared for a long time.  Wasn't related to a lock or anything though, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Edit
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

TRG never came back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG never came back.

And he has a Platinum membership until 2020 too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hell, I miss SgtAr15's stupid doll posts.  But, I think he may have done some bad stuff: I recently saw some comments that indicated he did some really negative stuff I wasn't aware of back then.

The widely varied characters on AR15 are what keep it interesting. If you take them for what they are, and accept the stupidity, some of them are great, even when trolling.
Diesel comes to mind.

View Quote

I liked Diesel's posts.  I wanted to see him pay up when the election was over.  He was a character.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks like some of you gambled that 2mink was banned....and lost!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We got into a little thing over fuel pumps once. (I am an expert rebuilder on that particular model)

It degraded to less than civil, so I just steered clear of the guy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Keith never should have swallowed the DU troll bait and gotten into it with him here in GD.

He should have taken him to the pit and worked it out there - by mopping the fucking floor with him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keith_J lacked the aptitude to mop the floor with a troll like 2minkey, that's why he stooped the way he did. He got flustered and emotional, and rather than admit a shortcoming he lashed out.

Those here that perpetually sucked his dick probably never noticed that, but it was a pretty common thing whenever someone called him on BS.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
well, GD is a lesser place without him.
View Quote

Yep
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top