BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:29:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I just saw some lingerie ad with Lena Dunham and some other fat chick sitting around in their undies. I don't understand why these companies think doing that is going to get me to buy something; if anything I'm likely to never shop there now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If you post your videos this often, people might start thinking you are going daily.

but seriously, daily

edit: listening to #88 now
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Fat chicks typically don't like being called on their hypocrisy.

Here's to hoping you give Lena Dunham a fucking stroke Crowder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if they're fat and unattractive..... All we're doing is telling them the truth
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Fat whores have always been part of society.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Taken from the ARFCOM-sponsored podcast. I make zero apologies. We don't have a "slut shaming" culture. We have a chastity-shaming culture. http://youtu.be/QG0hwZYHaT4

Here's the full show, where I thank ARFCOM in the first segment, and we cut a new commercial. ;)

http://youtu.be/M9IhGJfaZ9M

View Quote

I haven't listened to the show yet, but I hope you point out that Dunham is a self admitted child molester.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]

I just gave everyone the TLDW of all of her stand up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]
It's typically leftist hypocrisy. Fuck em
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just saw some lingerie ad with Lena Dunham and some other fat chick sitting around in their undies. I don't understand why these companies think doing that is going to get me to buy something; if anything I'm likely to never shop there now.
View Quote
Because Lena Dunham is VERY TALENTED AND POPULAR!  She is THE VOICE OF HER GENERATION!

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/hHoqsYN.jpg

I just gave everyone the TLDW of all of her stand up.
View Quote

You forgot all the parts where she steals jokes from others.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Why can't celebs just enjoy their fortune to themselves?

Yes, I'm talking to you CROWDER! Get out of my head with your nonsense!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it bad that when I saw "slut-shaming" I immediately thought of the Amy Schumer video? And then I read the rest and saw who OP was
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't hate on amy shumer. Half of gd thinks she's the hottest thing on earth.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Excellent podcasts!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I AM NEVER GOING DAILY SO STOP SAYING THAT I AM!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you post your videos this often, people might start thinking you are going daily.
but seriously, daily
edit: listening to #88 now
I AM NEVER GOING DAILY SO STOP SAYING THAT I AM!!
But he is a strange animal ;)

BTW Steven how long have you been using that song now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Don't hate on amy shumer. Half of gd thinks she's the hottest thing on earth.
View Quote
Saying she's a pig would be an insult to pigs.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Taken from the ARFCOM-sponsored podcast. I make zero apologies. We don't have a "slut shaming" culture. We have a chastity-shaming culture.

View Quote

As a point of mild variation on yours, we have a "stop liking what I don't like" culture. Chaste individuals are regularly ridiculed and tossed aside by those involved in a promiscuous lifestyle, and those who are sexually active are ridiculed by those less promiscuous than themselves. Manipulative prudes, frigid bitches, sluts, whores, etc ad nauseum. People feel the need to validate their own choices by ridiculing and shaming those who choose differently.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Who the fuck is Lena Dunham and why is she getting talked about? Seriously I'm under 30 and have no fucking clue who she is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
My former wife took me to see "Rent".  I walked out after about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Who the fuck is Lena Dunham and why is she getting talked about? Seriously I'm under 30 and have no fucking clue who she is.
View Quote

She has a TV series on HBO called "Girls" that's sort of a young version of the show "Sex in the City."

Where "Sex in the City" was absolutely moronic, "Girls" is well written and clever.

Her character on the show is a self-absorbed and self-loathing fuckup.  So basically, the show is based on the classic sitcom formula of foolish characters.

The show is also sort of arty.

She herself is a typical young new-yorky ultra-liberal social justice clown and is always posing nude even though she's obese.

She also wrote a book where she describes a very unconvincing "date rape" and some weird crapola about touching her young sister's private area.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Worst. Movie. Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst. Movie. Ever.

I prefer "Lease"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfb2Zj2L420
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#27]
lo fuckin l
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Props on the Senor Wences reference.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe. But culture has clearly had a lean for a while now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taken from the ARFCOM-sponsored podcast. I make zero apologies. We don't have a "slut shaming" culture. We have a chastity-shaming culture.

As a point of mild variation on yours, we have a "stop liking what I don't like" culture. Chaste individuals are regularly ridiculed and tossed aside by those involved in a promiscuous lifestyle, and those who are sexually active are ridiculed by those less promiscuous than themselves. Manipulative prudes, frigid bitches, sluts, whores, etc ad nauseum. People feel the need to validate their own choices by ridiculing and shaming those who choose differently.
Maybe. But culture has clearly had a lean for a while now.

For a loooong time.   Since what,  the 1920's?

But, to Naamahs point there are still plenty of prude,  frigid bitches with a holier than thou attitude.   I find them far more insufferable than the likes of Amy Schumer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]
The current SJW philosophy is that what is considered sexy is arbitrary and due to oppressive social norms.   Because white people are tall and slender!   Oppression!

In movies, they always have some fat girl who is a very wonderful person, and the good looking guy will eventually overlook her exterior and see the true beauty inside.

That's all well and good, but it ignores the function of human sexuality, which is to provoke us to have healthy offspring.

When I go to the gym and see some healthy 20 year old woman with high color in her cheeks and a nice rack, I get a hard-on because 200,000 years of human evolution has programmed me to want to have sex with that woman because she would produce healthy children and she would have a good probability to survive to raise the children.

Same deal with all the women who get lubed up over the alpha dog lead guitarist in a band.  Their brain structure is telling them that the alpha dog will give them strong children and will provide them with food while everyone else starves.

But we're all supposed to feel bad about that because some feminists have decided that their love of donuts is a hallmark of being a genuine person, and men are supposed to get a throbbing boner over genuineness.

But the actual mechanism taking place is that people want to re-write the rules of reality until they can feel good all the time.

If you cannot pass algebra, you need to try harder until you pass.  But that sucks, you have to do work and you have to admit that you're a dumbass.  The better idea is to just say that algebra is a racist tool of the white patriarchy and that failing algebra is the sign of a person who is too creative and beautiful to waste time on it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Obesity has skyrocketed in the USA.

That's because of math.

When you drink a 5 oz cup of coffee like people used to do, there is like 50 calories in it.  

When you drink a 28 oz bucket of coffee, then there is 28/5 x 50 = 280 calories.

50 calories is less than 280.  

Oppression!

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, Wil Wheaton's really packing on the pounds.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moral narcissism.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's because of math.

When you drink a 5 oz cup of coffee like people used to do, there is like 50 calories in it.  

When you drink a 28 oz bucket of coffee, then there is 28/5 x 50 = 280 calories.

Oppression!

View Quote

There are effectively no calories in coffee.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

why is everyone so in love with nitpicking and sharpshooting?

the point I'm making is obvious, regardless of the picky nuances of coffee caloric content

a coffee with cream and sugar is like 77 calories per 8 oz, give or take.

I'm sorry, I apologize to all of arfcom, I should have said coffee with cream and sugar.

the point is that when a woman needs 1500 calories a day to maintain body weight, eating giant portions of food is not going to work

ever check the calories in typical Olive Garden bucket o' food meal?   You can easily eat 3,000 calories
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

I assume he meant with sugar.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

the point I'm making is obvious, regardless of the picky nuances of coffee caloric content

I'm sorry, I apologize to all of arfcom, I should have said coffee with cream and sugar.

the point is that when a woman needs 1500 calories a day to maintain body weight, eating giant portions of food is not going to work

ever check the calories in typical Olive Garden bucket o' food meal?   You can easily eat 3,000 calories
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

lol again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

There's the real culprit in the rise of obesity.

Sugar does some fucked up repugnant shit to a wide range of systems in our bodies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

"A movie so bad this man had to divorce the woman who made him go"

Now that's a review
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

Actually, my point was that calories, by themselves, don't matter.

If you eat right, 3k calories is nothing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Downloading episode #88 on iTunes currently.

I am about to start episode #81.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Tagged for later.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sugar does some fucked up repugnant shit to a wide range of systems in our bodies.
View Quote

No it's not.

Sugar was fucking every where, in everything. Has been for a many, many moons. Over eating, lack of motion leads to obesity.

Anything else is diet-cultist BS.

Let me guess, you subscribe to a new fad diet about cavemen or some shit where "Calories don't matter."

eta: Oops, posted too soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No it's not.

Sugar was fucking every where, in everything. Has been for a many, many moons. Over eating, lack of motion leads to obesity.

Let me guess, you subscribe to a new fad diet about cavemen or some shit where "Calories don't matter."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No it's not.

Sugar has been around for a while, the amounts we intake has gone up tremendously though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

Leave out the cream and sugar....done and done. I think you're trying to say 'moderation' here and I agree with you.

Point is shame and responsibility for one's actions and their consequences are all but gone in today's society. Tired of people making fun of you fat, ugly body.....well go get in shape and maybe have some plastic surgery. Tired of people saying you're a slut, well close your legs and stop fucking every Tom, Dick and Harry.

There, I just gave Amy and Lena priceless advice......
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sugar has been around for a while, the amounts we intake has gone up tremendously though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not.

Absolutely. But that goes for everything. Not just sugar. We eat WAY MORE than we ever used to, and we do WAY LESS than we ever did.

ETA: Eat better, be more active. That is the solution. Why everyone has to latch onto extremes then use their choices to identify themselves is really bizarre. Same goes for "gym rats," and anyone who takes something to an extreme and can't shut up about it.

Walk when you could drive. Plant a garden at your home. Mow the lawn more often instead of paying someone. Engage in more physical activities you enjoy, like hiking, camping, etc. Eat better, move more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to society, since... ohhhh forever?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because of math.

Oppression!

not really 100% true

every activity you do subtracts calories

everything you eat adds calories

if do < eat, then your body stores the extra calories as fat

sure, the type of food you eat helps, but mathematically if you eat 3000 calories of lean protein and you use 2500, the extra 500 are going to be stored as fat.  It's a survival tool of your body.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

not really 100% true

every activity you do subtracts calories

everything you eat adds calories

if do < eat, then your body stores the extra calories as fat

sure, the type of food you eat helps, but mathematically if you eat 3000 calories of lean protein and you use 2500, the extra 500 are going to be stored as fat.  It's a survival tool of your body.

View Quote

I wouldn't bother. You're dealing with a cult mentality. It's broadcasted with a religious fervor, and they publicly identify as a person on a specific diet, not much different than a vegan or people of that sort. You can't reason with them.

On a positive note, the three people I personally know doing that shit have cut it out, so perhaps we're coming to the end of this particular weirdo fad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top