Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:27:06 AM EDT
Anyone else getting in on the pre order for the Norlan whisky glasses? I feel like even if it doesn't end up living up to the hype at least it's aesthetically pleasing. I love my glen cairns but this thing seems awesome.

Not shipping until october.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok.  I need me some of those.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They're pricey so I only ordered two, but I see myself eventually phasing out my glen cairns if they work like they claim and as price comes down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Those look really cool.  I like the Glenn cairns though.   How much will thry be?  I can't find a price, but I'm on stupid African Internet so it took like 10 munites to load the first page about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They're pricey so I only ordered two, but I see myself eventually phasing out my glen cairns if they work like they claim and as price comes down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  But if nothing else, it is unique glassware that looks interesting.   For me, the visual appearance of the whisky through good glass adds to the experience.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those look really cool.  I like the Glenn cairns though.   How much will thry be?  I can't find a price, but I'm on stupid African Internet so it took like 10 munites to load the first page about it.
View Quote

$50 bux for two I think
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
A bottle of Jameson lasts me a year or so.....

I usually pour a couple fingers in a high-ball glass and watch the sun go down once it starts getting cold out...

No need for fancy tipplers to enjoy such gifts from God
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's some discount codes out there from the different whisky reviewers. They were $42 delivered for the set of two, which funny enough is about what the glen cairns were five years ago when they started shipping.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's some discount codes out there from the different whisky reviewers. They were $42 delivered for the set of two, which funny enough is about what the glen cairns were five years ago when they started shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not too bad for 2.  I think I'll try a set.   Of nothing else, they look neat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I usually pour a couple fingers in a high-ball glass and watch the sun go down once it starts getting cold out...

View Quote

Whisky may or may not be a slightly more common drink around my house than that.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, OP.  Just ordered Xmas gift for my stepfather.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks, OP.  Just ordered Xmas gift for my stepfather.
View Quote

Happy to help. I made sure to order mine before i told you guys about them though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll stick with my Glencairns

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a link or something to help us get there?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

link just for you
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]

I love my glen Cairn and they sit proudly at the top of my cabinet, but a few years ago I didn't believe there was anything better for whisky than a highball. Then I tried a glen cairn and was convinced. But when Jim McEwan endorses something involving whisky, you listen.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Whiskey!?  Gross.

I'm in.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I love my glen Cairn and they sit proudly at the top of my cabinet, but a few years ago I didn't believe there was anything better for whisky than a highball. Then I tried a glen cairn and was convinced. But when Jim McEwan endorses something involving whisky, you listen.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/20160827_121828_zpsmwvhsy0a.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/20160827_121828_zpsmwvhsy0a.jpg

Most of mine are glass.  They went to crystal a few years ago, but the older glass ones have thicker walls, and are rounded at the rim.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
You just cost me $50 a-hole
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You just cost me $50 a-hole
View Quote

you're welcome
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I have some of those. They are super nice..... But smaller then I expected. My ice balls don't fit in them. But my whisky stones do!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have some of those. They are super nice..... But smaller then I expected. My ice balls don't fit in them. But my whisky stones do!
View Quote

Did you do the kickstarter? Outside of the original kickstarter group they haven't shipped yet except to reviewers and distilleries. This one is meant for neat whisky, it has a small protrusion that sticks up in the center of the inner tulip glass so help oxidize the whisky.

here's some awesome pictures of the glasses actually being made.
Link for pictures
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I have some Glencairns but no longer use them. I prefer old fashioned / lowball glasses.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did you do the kickstarter? Outside of the original kickstarter group they haven't shipped yet except to reviewers and distilleries. This one is meant for neat whisky, it has a small protrusion that sticks up in the center of the inner tulip glass so help oxidize the whisky.

Link for pictures
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link for pictures

They were gifted to me and from what I understand they were ordered about a year ago. A form in the packaging indicates Kickstarter method was used.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mine were recently gifted to me and from what I understand they were ordered about a year ago. A form in the packaging indicates Kickstarter method was used.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link for pictures

Mine were recently gifted to me and from what I understand they were ordered about a year ago. A form in the packaging indicates Kickstarter method was used.

Lucky guy. I didn't see the kickstarter until it closed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Whisky may or may not be a slightly more common drink around my house than that.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/20160827_112916_zpsmvaog9cd.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/20160827_112916_zpsmvaog9cd.jpg

How do you like the stagg jr?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#27]
If they were $42 for a set of two then that's a great deal IMO if you like bourbon and want something cool to drink from.... Mine were gifted so I didn't check the price. But I was thinking $50 to $80 per glass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outside of the actual George T. Stagg, it's my favorite bourbon.

ETA: that goes for the batch 5 that i finished. The batch six in that picture i havent opened yet, but have high hopes for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#29]
By the time you put ice and whiskey in those little cups, there's not much room for a coke.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have some Glencairns but no longer use them. I prefer old fashioned / lowball glasses.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
By the time you put ice and whiskey in those little cups, there's not much room for a coke.
View Quote

what kind of monster does that to whisky.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#32]
How cute.  Fancy little glasses for fancy little men to drink their whiskey from.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How cute.  Fancy little glasses for fancy little men to drink their whiskey from.
View Quote

You'll understand in a few years when your balls drop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Wait, you guys don't just drink out of the bottle?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I need a handle, I use a coffee cup. Couple cubes and a splash of water, enjoy

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Yabba dabba doo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

link just for you

COMBINING DESIGN, SCIENCE, AND ERGONOMICS FOR THE PERFECT WHISKY DRINKING EXPERIENCE

Hahahahahahahaha

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

My father in law used to do the same, then i turned him on to Blanton's. Then worked him away from the ice. He still adds a dash of water, but i'll allow it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
This

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Coming from an internet arrogant snob?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little paycehck envy? It's okay. I'm sure your winning personality will get you somewhere in life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Little paycehck envy? It's okay. I'm sure your winning personality will get you somewhere in life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL , ah no

You wanna send staff screen shots of your tax returns against mine, the bet ?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LOL , ah no   You wanna send staff screen shots of your tax returns against mine, the bet ?

View Quote

Then why the tool bag attitude? Were the cool kids mean to you when you when you were little? Someone take your lunch money?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

n

Then why the tool bag attitude? Were the cool kids mean to you when you when you were little? Someone take your lunch money?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL , ah no   You wanna send staff screen shots of your tax returns against mine, the bet ?

n

Like I said, arrogant interweb snob

You come to GD to brag about your expensive whiskey habit and drinking out of a glass that cost $24 buck each?

I'm supposed to be jealous of that?

Nah, just your penny anti arrogant attitude .

There are a lot more tool bag carrying real men here that arrogant "men" like you pal.

The mere fact you think carrying a tool bag is someone less than you is really telling too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You come to GD to brag about your expensive whiskey habit and drinking out of a glass that cost $24 buck each?

There are a lot more tool bag carrying real men here that arrogant "men" like you pal.

The mere fact you think carrying a tool bag is someone less than you is really telling too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

n

lol. You realize tool bag is like D bag. It means some one is being a dbag and a tool. I made good money in my late teens working with my hands and will never look down on a man for that. Now someone that feels like being a tool bag (you learned something new) to a guy for no reason, in a thread specifically asking for other whisky drinkers, then yes, I'll look down on you.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take it so personal.  My personal philosophy is quality booze doesn't need special snivel gear.

I hope you enjoy what you spent your money on.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

lol. You realize tool bag is like D bag. It means some one is being a dbag and a tool. I made good money in my late teens working with my hands and will never look down on a man for that. Now someone that feels like being a tool bag (you learned something new) to a guy for no reason, in a thread specifically asking for other whisky drinkers, then yes, I'll look down on you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

n

I know what it means, learn to read .

The fact you used it as derogatory statement tells us all what you are.

I bet you hold out your little pinky finger when drinking tea too huh?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't take it so personal.  My personal philosophy is quality booze doesn't need special snivel gear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was supposed to be a playful snarky remark in response to what I took as a playful snarky remark. I didn't realize it was going to trigger some people. (not you). I agree that good whisky is good out of anything. I think the best thing I ever tasted was out of a plastic cup fresh out of a whisky thief. However, if something could add to the experience why not?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I know what it means, learn to read .   The fact you used it as derogatory statement tells us all what you are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

n

I know what it means, learn to read .   The fact you used it as derogatory statement tells us all what you are.

It still doesn't seem like you're getting what it means. This is getting embarrassing. Go sleep it off slugger.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It still doesn't seem like you're getting what it means. This is getting embarrassing. Go sleep it off slugger.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't drink or do drugs slick.

Tool bag is a derogatory term used by classless buffoons to try and insult someone.

Look it up here

As a matter of fact on the tool bag URL here for the urban dictionary it shows the snobby glass LOL

Appropriate

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool%20bag&page=7  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top