Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2016 7:21:11 AM EDT
My father in law had back surgery many years ago where they fused things together. He now has very bad arthritis in not only his back but other areas

With the help of you guys I purchased a Leesa matress earlier this year for myself and love it, many of the aches and pains in the morning are gone

Long story short he hasn't been sleeping for about a year and supposedly the doctors said there wasn't anything else they could do

I'm thinking a good matress might help at least some. Pretty sure it has to be firm

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Not mine*.......

*Some gee whiz all foam super expensive POS
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Sleep Number Master Race checking in.

Seriously they should just call it Elysium. My back and neck feel great. It's a thousand beds in one.

Plus they have that strawberry blonde in their commercial. You know the one I'm takking about.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#3]
We got a firm memory foam bed with the cooling gel pad and pillow top layer.  It's the most damn comfortable mattress I've ever slept on and my back and joints feel great every day.  Only thing I dislike is that the damn thing is a heat sink and it sleeps hot.....REALLY hot, as in if I use an extra thin blanket on top of the bedsheet I sweat out what amounts to a murder scene outline on the bed.  Pretty gross actually and it looks like an entire body outline in sweat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
We have a select Comfort bed, I like it, put a 3 inch memery foam topper with cooling gel, wife didn't like it, so we put a down topper on it.

You can have them as firm or soft as you want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
we have a natural latex mattress that has been leaps and bounds better than any 'inner spring' mattress we have had over the years..

Our inner spring mattresses seem to sag within 4 yrs (even had 2 replaced under warranty)

sleepez.com

Brian
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Waterbeds are supposed to be the worst but they are the only thing that works for me. The mattress has to be overfilled to make it work.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If he doesn't mind a foam mattress, Tuft & Needle does the same foam-slab-in-a-box and 100-day-free-trial thing as Leesa and Casper, but according to The Sweethome it's even firmer than the Casper and the Leesa.

ETA: They're also remarkably inexpensive - plus, you should be able to find a T&N coupon code for $25-75 off with a little bit of googling. I intend to get one once my savings recovers a bit from recent events
ETA2: One of my old work colleagues got a queen-size T&N mattress a couple years ago - he says it's holding up just fine and that he and his wife are pretty pleased with it. He doesn't have back problems or anything, but it's at least a vote of confidence, given the relatively low price.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a real tempurpedic
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Gel memory foam 10inch by exceptional sheets.

Got on Amazon for like $499. Love the damn thing. My back problems are gone and I sleep like a rock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the sleep number beds.

You can very how firm the mattress settings are every single time you get in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Foam/latex, firm bed. It will do wonders with back issues....I swear by mine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]
depends on how you sleep, on your side, back or stomach?

I'm a side sleeper and the tempurpedic cloud series is godsend for my joint pains.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously they should just call it Elysium. My back and neck feel great. It's a thousand beds in one.

Plus they have that strawberry blonde in their commercial. You know the one I'm takking about.
View Quote

Yep

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Keto thread is what u need my friend.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not mine*.......

*Some gee whiz all foam super expensive POS
View Quote

Please share the name?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keto thread is what u need my friend.

View Quote

HA!  This is true. . . . . . . . . still, surprised to see it posted here.

I'm keto and I've seen aches and pains disappear; there is also tons of anecdotal and some science behind the dramatic reduction in inflammation markers in the blood with keto.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an all natural 100 percent latex bed (not just a "latex" bed with one layer of the stuff).  Might have gone with Purple, but they are a bit too firm for my LW girlfriend at 105lbs.  Or Leeza-- but I will NEVER go near ANYTHING with even one little LAYER of frickin "memory" foam.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
A Full motion water bed with the heater set a little warm.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I have arthritis in my back (AS) and couldnt sleep well for years before getting a memory foam temperpedic cloud.

Get the pillow top as the bed sleeps hot, but that should help with arthritis ( I used to take scoulding hot showers each morning).  

I will never go back to any other bed best $3500 I ever spent in my life.

Also look into Enbrel / Humira / etc.  I am on Enbrel and it has made me a new person the last 8 months.

-Ryan
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Wife has sciatica, ended up going with Flobeds V-zone. It took about 8 weeks to "tune" it. For her, it cured her chronic pain. For me, if I have a lower back spasm coming on due to my stenosis, I can lay down on my tuned side and it's like a trip to the PT, it takes the pressure off those vertebrae and in 15 minutes I'm good as new. It's strength is also it's weakness, you can tune it 90 ways to Sunday, which takes a good bit trying this adjustment, then this adjustment etc etc. but when it's dialed in, you won't want to sleep on anything else. Whenever we go some where out of town all I hear is "I can't wait to get home to my bed".

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like the sleep number beds.

You can very how firm the mattress settings are every single time you get in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Sleep Number has worked for my back aches. My number changes to find the least pain but not cut off circulation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Sleep number for over 25 years. Push the button and alter the firmness.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Natural Latex
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A Full motion water bed with the heater set a little warm.

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1  adjustable air mattress for the win
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top