Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2016 10:27:39 PM EDT
My youngest daughter thinks she wants to pursuit a career in EMS.
She was valedictorian in high school, has an associates in science with a 3.5 gpa.
Original plan was to do 2 years community college and transfer over to a state university and go after a pharmacy degree.
She works 30 hrs a week and is not sure what she wants to do.

I have no doubt she can do anything she wants to do once she applies herself from a scholarly standpoint.

Here is my question and why i need your help.

Does a white female who is 5 ft tall and maybe 100lb, soaking wet, have the physical ability to be a paramedic?

What are the physical requirements?
I am willing to work on the physical challenges with her.
Is there a course i can set up?

Thanks, don't ask for photos. unless you want to see my German Shepherd.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have seen, their job is very similar to being a patrol cop.  You need very good verbal skills to talk to all types of people.

Depending on where she works, she may encounter drugged out people, drunk people, belligerent people and especially homeless/mentally ill people.   So paramedics or a lot of them carry a pair of scissors along their pants leg.  And it's not just for cutting bandages, I suspect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
lol, no.  

If she just needs to check a box on her pharmacy school application for health care experience, she could become an EMT and volunteer somewhere or maybe work PT as a tech in the ED wherever she goes to school.

But I cannot recommended a career in EMS.  Being a paramedic is fun.  EMS sucks goat ass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paramedics don't make shit here. Long hours of riding the gut buggy followed by sleepless nights. People get fat and burn out fast. I would have her work on that pharmacology degree. Much better pay and better overall lifestyle.
View Quote

This is correct.  It's hard on folks.

She can do better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Physically, she could do it with the right training, my current partner is basically the same size as your daughter and does fine.

However, it is a terrible career as far as pay and longevity. Working multiple jobs, days at a time, with constant flip flopping between emotional highs and lows, almost everyone you deal with is probably a Ving the worst day of their life. Combined with the lifting, pulling, bending, kneeling will wear you out in every aspect and she needs to be crystal clear on that up front
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
ER RN, wayyy better choice...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She can do better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paramedics don't make shit here. Long hours of riding the gut buggy followed by sleepless nights. People get fat and burn out fast. I would have her work on that pharmacology degree. Much better pay and better overall lifestyle.

She can do better.

With the great proliferation of drugs, especially those that cause psychosis in people....now is probably not the best time to be a paramedic or EMT.   There are simply too many space cadets out there who know how to use the system to get a free ride to the hospital for a good night's sleep or a free meal.   Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the career medics by me, is 4'11" on a good day, and maybe 110 lbs with her radio on. Good verbal judo,and very feisty at times. A great medic though, and if I had to pick one person to work on me, it would be her. She did have one horror story, but her size did not get her into it. It also didn't help her get out of it.

Medics by me make decent money, depending on agency/dept. But will need a number of employers.  Schedule can be rough.

That said a good friend of mine is a doctor. She wants to give it all up to be a medic. Depends on what she wants. She'll see some interesting stuff though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Can your daughter lift 100+ pounds?  Serious discussion, Ems is the business of moving human cargo and the rate of back injuries is through the roof.  just yesterday I had a 400 pound patient and my 100 pound stretcher. Just putting it in the truck on a team lift was still 125 pounds divided between the two of us.  Around here physical requirements are company based, but a common one I have see. Is a simulated see-saw with 170 pounds on it and you have to lift it a few times including at floor level, knee level and such. Should be about 90 pounds, and it is to stimulate a lift of a manual stretcher.  I concur about going to nursing or other fields of you want to practice medicine. Ems doesent pay shit for the long hours. Only reason I do it is my rural county is not a urban county with that bull shit and I like working in my small town.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
In general, EMS is a terrible career, with not a lot of upward mobility, and terrible pay, when compared to RNs, etc. There are, of course, exceptions. Most of the really smart medics I know who didn't want to work fire side are going to nursing or PA school. (10 year paramedic.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell her to go to nursing school.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

She can do better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

This.  She sounds like my current partner(Medic, similar size but 40yo), which is why she's paired with me(Basic, 31yo).  I'm 6'1", 225, and a experienced Firefighter.  If she likes long hours and low pay with shitty patients on the bad side of town, EMS is where you want to be.  With her current status, stay the course with pharmaceuticals, there's more money in it, plus you don't have to see and deal with all of the horrible, evil shit I've seen in my 12 years of service.

If she really thinks she wants to do it, see if she can do a ride along or some ER rotations.  That will give her a chance to try it without any investment.  I honestly, no shit, hope you can talk her out of it.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This.  She sounds like my current partner(Medic, similar size but 40yo), which is why she's paired with me(Basic, 31yo).  I'm 6'1", 225, and a experienced Firefighter.  If she likes long hours and low pay with shitty patients on the bad side of town, EMS is where you want to be.  With her current status, stay the course with pharmaceuticals, there's more money in it, plus you don't have to see and deal with all of the horrible, evil shit I've seen in my 12 years of service.

If she really thinks she wants to do it, see if she can do a ride along or some ER rotations.  That will give her a chance to try it without any investment.  I honestly, no shit, hope you can talk her out of it.  Good luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She can do better.

Also, EMT-Basic school isn't very long, time intensive, or expensive. It must look good on a resume and/or med school application, because all the pre-med students around here are doing it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also, EMT-Basic school isn't very long, time intensive, or expensive. It must look good on a resume and/or med school application, because all the pre-med students around here are doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

I'd get her to do a ride along first, don't do or commit to anything that will slow her progress in higher education.  EMS is for HS/Community College level education folks, IME.  It's the front line, and bottom of the totem pole in the medical field.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

Exactly why my oldest is doing her EMT-B.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd get her to do a ride along first, don't do or commit to anything that will slow her progress in higher education.  EMS is for HS/Community College level education folks, IME.  It's the front line, and bottom of the totem pole in the medical field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

MED school wants to see a commitment to health care before acceptance these days. My kid was told at her pre-med orientation to get her EMT-B.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
She could do it, but why? The pay is terrible.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Paramedic for 24 yrs, great pay here but I'm in a Fire Dept. based system and ride multiple positions. If she's looking strictly EMS there is no career. Low pay and little advancement. She would have better mobility as an RN or PA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lol, no.  

If she just needs to check a box on her pharmacy school application for health care experience, she could become an EMT and volunteer somewhere or maybe work PT as a tech in the ED wherever she goes to school.

But I cannot recommended a career in EMS.  Being a paramedic is fun.  EMS sucks goat ass.

View Quote

This is exactly what I am doing. I am halfway done with my Biology degree and intend to apply to UNT's Physician Assistant graduate program.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

She can do better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

this x1000!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Working EMS is hard on your mind, emotions, and body.

First, it wrecks your sleep patterns, you don't need a M.D. to understand the downside to that.
Second, Paramedics eat take out almost all the time.  Not a good dietary decision.
Third, they get emotional highs and lows from saving and losing patients they treat.
Fourth, lifting overweight people who should have driven their fat ass to the doctor's office 3 days ago is hard on your back and shoulders and such.

Don't get me wrong, Paramedic experience is awesome.  It makes you a much better clinical healthcare worker.

I'd try to talk her into being a nurse anesthetist.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:38:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, she can do it, if she want's it bad enough.
Several people have commented that the pay sucks....That is ENTIRELY dependent on WHERE you are, and/or if you work Fire/rescue, or strictly EMS.

I work for a Fire District that is the sole Fire/EMS provider in a large, moderately busy county in Florida... We are paid well, and have good retirement and benefits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Small female going into ems.  Don't worry, she will be 300 pounds within 5 years.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, she can physically do the job...

But why, what is her reason for wanting to? There are much better options.

Oh! and Pics??
I love GSD's
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In general, EMS is a terrible career, with not a lot of upward mobility, and terrible pay, when compared to RNs, etc. There are, of course, exceptions. Most of the really smart medics I know who didn't want to work fire side are going to nursing or PA school. (10 year paramedic.)
View Quote

Yep. You think it will be exciting and rewarding. Mostly it's long hours, low pay, unpredictable schedules, and little or no advancement. Calls that make a difference are very rare. Most EMS calls should have called a taxi. They're not real emergencies or they're chronic patients who you can't help or the crisis is so extreme that you can't help.

The number of times that she can save little Johnny's life with her paramedic kit are pretty rare. Doctors and nurses have all the fun. There will be a few dozen EMS units to bring them patients.

If she doesn't want to commit to those, physical therapy can also be extremely rewarding on a personal level. She won't pull out the magic medication and save little Johnny, but she can help people walk and talk again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#27]
When I first read your post, I was about to suggest she enlist for a 68W contract, since being an EMS kinda sucks due to the typical flavor of the patients they get, but then I saw your physical description of your daughter.

Tell her to be a ER RN, much less physically taxing, and you have a bigger breadth of medical knowledge. Plus you get paid more, which is a plus.

ETA: Or as suggested above, she could become a Physician's Assistant if she so desired. Neither has to deal with the stress and headache of malpractice suits or Obamacare, at least to the degree of MD's or DO's.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:28:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You get to work indoors.  No sun, no snow, no wind or rain.  Air conditioned comfort and the safety of a controlled environment with lots of staff backing you up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When I first read your post, I was about to suggest she enlist for a 68W contract, since being an EMS kinda sucks due to the typical flavor of the patients they get, but then I saw your physical description of your daughter.

Tell her to be a ER RN, much less physically taxing, and you have a bigger breadth of medical knowledge. Plus you get paid more, which is a plus.

ETA: Or as suggested above, she could become a Physician's Assistant if she so desired. Neither has to deal with the stress and headache of malpractice suits or Obamacare, at least to the degree of MD's or DO's.
View Quote

This seems to be the trend at the big hospital we use....more often than not, a physician's asst will check out our arrestees than an actual doctor.   The doctors are saddled by insane malpractice insurance requirements and they are saddled by huge debt from studying 10 years in college.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]
She is what we affectionately call "flight sized."

If she wants to be a first responder, she should:
1- go get her RN
2- get a job working ER and ICU shifts for 3-5 years
3- apply for a job as a flight nurse

Makes much better money, her size is an asset, and most of the downsides of the EMS field are avoided. And we are always short of qualified, physically fit flight RNs.

<-- HEMS pilot
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1- go get her RN

Makes much better money, her size is an asset, and most of the downsides of the EMS field are avoided. And we are always short of qualified, physically fit flight RNs.

<-- HEMS pilot
View Quote

This, or get her RN followed by her PHRN. That way she can act as a medic if she wants but demand a bit more pay.

Note: this is coming from someone who's been an EMT for 7 years and is entering the medic program soon
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

this, but 3.5 gpa might not be competitive enough to get into a nursing program depending on locale, so she'd have to really kick ass in her prereqs to raise her GPA. The nursing programs here in southern Oregon won't look at you if you're below a 3.7.... I had a 3.93 when I got accepted, and I hear the ones up north are even more competitive because there's way more people applying.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:42:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

I am a dog person. Pics of the dog already!

What is the average EMT-Paramedic earn in your part of OR?

In general, outside of areas with dense populations, EMS benefits the populace by far more than the individual EMS provider.

Given her size, nursing or Rx or radiology would be a better fit.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I agree with what everyone else is saying and when folks ask me about EMS I tell them I have done some amazing things, met some amazing people and gone some amazing places (non-traditional EMS) but I would choose another field in a heart beat if I got to do it all over.  

One thing that was hinted at but not really hit on is that yes, her chances of getting injured, or injuring her partner, are much greater.  Patients are getting fatter and lazier, we are carrying more and heavier equipment, etc.  That Stryker powered stretcher sounds like a great idea until you have to lift that heavy bastard up and down or maneuver it in some weird places (especially when the battery dies ).  We all know body mechanics, ergonomics and all of that, we have to take classes on it, but patients never fall in the middle of the room with nothing around them.  They fall in the tub, they fall between the bed and the wall and between the toilet and the wall, they fall on the other side of counters and retaining walls and all manner of inconvenient places that require you to violate common sense.  When you get hurt doing it means that you failed to follow policy so when you get hurt there's a fight to cover it.  Due to her short stature, no matter how strong she is, she and her partner will be lifting unevenly and more than likely she'll get paired with a stronger male (to help out of course) who will end up having to do more of the lifting.  Nobody wants to admit it these days where everyone is equal and females can do anything a man can but the injury rates for females are higher.  At this point in my career I know multiple people from multiple agencies who have been medically retired, it only takes one bad injury to ruin your back.   It also tends to give you a warped sense of humor (I can tell dead baby jokes or discuss massive trauma while eating without blinking an eye) and it can make you quite cynical.

<--- 21 years as a paramedic and lots of mornings I feel like these guys
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Op, there are easier ways to make $32,000 a year
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1- go get her RN

<-- HEMS pilot
View Quote

Beat me to it!

But, job offers abound for paramedics in todays healthcare field outside of the ambo - lots of ED's using EMTs/PM's to speed up healthcare.
Plus the path to pharmacy school will make for an easier transition.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Flight nurse
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

My youngest daughter thinks she wants to pursuit a career in EMS.

She was valedictorian in high school, has an associates in science with a 3.5 gpa.

Original plan was to do 2 years community college and transfer over to a state university and go after a pharmacy degree.

She works 30 hrs a week and is not sure what she wants to do.

I have no doubt she can do anything she wants to do once she applies herself from a scholarly standpoint.

Here is my question and why i need your help.

Does a white female who is 5 ft tall and maybe 100lb, soaking wet, have the physical ability to be a paramedic?

What are the physical requirements?

I am willing to work on the physical challenges with her.

Is there a course i can set up?

View Quote
Yes she will be able to lift albiet poorly. It is repeated lifting that will fuck you up.  I am 240 and work out regularly . My joints are failing after 14 years in ems and my spine feels solid with no cushion . My knees are weak.  There is also a heavy emotional burden that will take years to get around if she joins a service with any kind of volume. Not to mention how much it will destroy her sense of reality and morality.  Also not to insult females at all but every swinging dick in the job aged 18 to 50 will be trying to get into her pants.  Unless she is a lesbian or hardcore and I mean hardcore Christian someone will be in her pants within 6 weeks tops. No doubt in my mind.  It comes with the high stress job. I only know of two females here who manage to not sleep around . I know its 2016 and we all need to be accepting of females bit unless your a giant bull dike you will have trouble performing.  Plenty of times we have gotten on scene and the patient is 350 lbs on the floor and dying and the only reason we were able to get the patient out in time was because I worked with a man with similar strength. Whatever her shortfalls will be her partner will have to assume the burden for
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
This also.  Once you become a full time paramedic very little time is left for school . 24 hour shift make you feel drunk from sleep deprivation That being said along with what I posted below I would never trade my expieriences for anything. I know I will be able to tackle any emergency for he rest of my life.  But anyone that smart with a good start in life should stay out of ems.  It will only hold you back.  Paramedics usually only last 5 years max.  Out of 63 From my EMT class 10 went to Paramedic and after 14 years I am the sole remaining from my class. Burnout, low pay, long hours , high stress
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts as well. Plus the naked 400 pounders stuck between toilet and tub hurt your back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#41]
My area has a slightly different approach to EMS - typically, you'll have two EMT-B's on an ambulance, but I think they'll occasionally run as a single EMT with a first responder (roughly 40 hours of class) to assist and drive.  Paramedics drive an SUV to the scene and provide more advanced care in the ambulance if needed and they'll have access to the "better" drugs.  Police or fire will take the SUV back to the station where the medic will be dropped off after after the paramedic returns.

In this sort of system, she'd probably be fine - the demands would rarely be physical.  We also see a lot more fire departments (mostly volunteer) getting into QRS units in areas where ambulance service may be a little slow and to assist EMS with large patients.  Again, that would make the job less about physical abilities.

Now the downside - again for my local area - pay!  Last I knew, EMT-B pays $11 or $12 an hour, paramedics earned $14 or $15.  You have to be in it because you love the work, since I made more than that in the office at a small business, and now earn around twice as much in manufacturing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#42]
This is my opinion.  Life is too short to ask about the  "what ifs".

What is the worst that could happen? She hates it and goes back to school.

I would tell her what I told my kids.

Find a career you like and be the best at it. No matter what it is.  

If you talk her out of it, she will blame you later in life for not taking at least not taking a chance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

if life's too short to ask what ifs, it's also probably too short to waste your time going to school and perhaps blowing your back out working an entry level job for $11 an hour.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#44]
OP, for what it is worth, she can do an accelerated EMT-Basic course in three weeks over her summer vacation.  EMT-Paramedic is usually taught at a CC over the course of 4 or 5 semesters 2 or 3 days a week with EMT-B being a prerequisite and sometimes requiring another semester or two of A&P, and other basic 100-level college courses.  There is a large difference in education between the two and it might earn her an additional  $2/hr.

Single role EMS sucks.  I would've walked a long time ago if they didn't let me pretend to be a firefighter

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

OP, for what it is worth, she can do an accelerated EMT-Basic course in three weeks over her summer vacation.  EMT-Paramedic is usually taught at a CC over the course of 4 or 5 semesters 2 or 3 days a week with EMT-B being a prerequisite and sometimes requiring another semester or two of A&P, and other basic 100-level college courses.  There is a large difference in education between the two and it might earn her an additional  $2/hr.

Single role EMS sucks.  I would've walked a long time ago if they didn't let me pretend to be a firefighter

View Quote
This.  Im walkin in the next year or two back to full time fire once I get my certs back
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can do better.

This.

That.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Unless she is using it only as a stepping stone to something else, her pharm degree perhaps, she is completely wasting her time.

Unless you make it on a fire dept. you are a work mule for minimum wage. Period. There is very little room for growth, little to no retirement, and your family life will suffer for it.

If she is looking to do flight medic I would understand, but that is a serious commitment to a very narrow field of employment that will take a lot of time invested for very little return to get to.

If this is not her goal, get a nursing degree.

FWIW I'm a medic. EMS for 11 years. It's not even my primary job as it doesn't pay enough to cover my bills.

Fire departments aside, EMS is a waste of time. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

if life's too short to ask what ifs, it's also probably too short to waste your time going to school and perhaps blowing your back out working an entry level job for $11 an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you can predict the future?  Man are you ever lucky to have that ablility  Let me know the winning numbers for the next Powerball. I will split the winnings with you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This does not happen at all anymore. Especially after the changes to the NR curriculum. MAYBE this would cover first responder, that might get you a job as a life guard.

EMT now is at least a 15 week course, 9 if you push it. Locally here they run 3 of the 15 week courses a year to the tune of 90 or so students. Half wash out before finishing.

A-EMT or the old I-85, is another 15 weeks, no accelerated course. Roughly 1/4 wash out of that class prior to finishing.

Paramedic here requires 2 years of ambulance experience unless waived by director. A&P and medical terminology with an optional bio 124 as a pre req. They run 2 classes a year with a max of 24 students per. Our current class started with 24 it is now down to 16 with fire hires and washouts. The new class has 6.

This class is 3 semesters long with 30 clinicals and another 40 shifts to clear. Roughly 1.5 years depending on how fast you can get your rides done.

Total of 3 years of school when you add it all up. 4 if you go for the optional associates of paramedicine.

You can get a BSN in that same amount of time and start at twice as much as a medic will top off at. Plus have room to grow.

One of my good friends is a BSN and the ER manager at my hospital, also a former paramedic. He just started his position at $56/hr As a medic I'm making $17/hr on a private. That is including the addition of mandated time and a half after 8 hours. Hourly I'm at 15. I make a lot more than that doing cardiology at my hospital which is why EMS is a novelty. I enjoy the job but couldn't cover my mortgage with it full time let alone pay the rest of my bills or even save for retirement.

It is a shit job. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top