Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2016 9:42:28 PM EDT
i recently picked up a 3/4 ton pickup with a 6.6ft bed.im really wanting a truck bed camper to use on fishing/snowmobiling trips..so,does anybody here have one?im looking for advice about what to look for in a used one and also if there are any brands to totally avoid.also any general advice about them.thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of ARE's better offerings. It has the flush windows and power lock.  The latches kinda suck.  That's the only issue I've had.  Would still buy again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ArticFox   Thread!!!!!!!!!!   Lance also has a good rep.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one of ARE's better offerings. It has the flush windows and power lock.  The latches kinda suck.  That's the only issue I've had.  Would still buy again.
View Quote
I'm thinking he actually means campers, not shells - but I might be wrong.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am thinking of getting an ARE cap, MX series. Which one do you have and do you like it.

I have an 8 foot bed and plan to make it into a very small camper shell.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea i was actually talking about camping campers..lol,,i looked at a few arctic foxs online,they look sweet.i went to a lance dealer also.also very nice,however they seem a little expensive.so far i think im liking the all aluminum livin lite.it seems they would last longer and all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am thinking of getting an ARE cap, MX series. Which one do you have and do you like it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a good thread about shells a few weeks ago back, personally I'm a Snugtop guy.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
We bought one this spring for biking and jeep trips. It's an eight footer on a six and a half foot box.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We bought one this spring for biking and jeep trips. It's an eight footer on a six and a half foot box.
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/Easy_E_photos/20160708_131715_zpshj0qhxhg.jpg
View Quote

nice!..hows it workin out for you?also,does it have a shitter and shower?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
No shitter and no shower we stay in state camp grounds right now.  It was a cheap way to try out camping we are hooked.  I have an eye on a Travel lite camper near here price keeps going down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Ranger, with a full size box and a Raven cap.

I need a CPAP, so we need electrical. A windowless AC in the cap, with a drain hose.
Both pass through windows open, with inflatable buffer between them.

You can hang meat in there.

And a Futon mattress. A small trailer, that pulls a 100mph Yamaha Majesty scooter with cases.
Little trips with the campsite as a hub.

Comfortable camping on the cheap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top