BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So your idea is to essentially "mark up" retail pricing on the sum of the parts, as a home built gun, and try to sell it that way - compared to a factory built gun?

A.W.D.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take the price you paid including shipping and handling. Add on $50 or so for putting it together.  Throw another 10% on top of that and you're set. If you run into someone who says it is too high take a picture of their comment and post it telling everyone that they are a lowballing piece of shit.

So your idea is to essentially "mark up" retail pricing on the sum of the parts, as a home built gun, and try to sell it that way - compared to a factory built gun?

A.W.D.

Looooool. Your meter is broken.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd expect to start at 80% of the retail cost of the parts.
View Quote

What If they're parts nobody wants?

Like a UTG handguard and CAA stock vs Geissele handguard and Magpul stock?

Lots of people buy things that barely anyone else would pay 80% for, even if they were brand new.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I dunno, something like...

Unfired: Sum of parts
Fired: Sum of parts less 10% for every 500 rounds down the tube.

Maybe -15% per 500
View Quote

Every used AR has exactly 200 rounds down the tube
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I part it out, I never sell it whole.  Two reasons:

More likely to get back what you paid-in.
More likely to find buyers for the parts rather than a gun you set up
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another gem.

up for sale is a tack driving varmint/SPR rifle. GREAT rifle and accurate. Only AR rifle I've shot MOA groups at 100 yards with multiple 55gr cheap ammo.
-factory Anderson lower with their nickel boron/ nickel Teflon FCG, and the Magpul furniture
-factory APOC armory 18" stainless heavy barrel with spiral fluting and 15" handguard. NiBx Bcg.
-bushnell ar223 3-9x40 in p series mount.

It will will include 1 matching fde window 30 rd magazine and 1 black 10 rd pmag. More can be negotiated for. No ammunition and no rifle case. I suggest bringing one obviously!
This is a non negotiable price of $950.

View Quote

Spiral flutes, -87%
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i build ptac guns from psa and sell them for $2000 because they're custom, quality parts. you just can't get what i get as cheap.
View Quote

In a few months that could possibly be the going rate.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
When someone is looking at it, get someone in the next
room to holler out PEPE SHOT IT. Then price it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
If Armslist ads have taught me anything it is you first go to your closest Gander Mountain. You find a rifle with better/more options. You add 10 to 15% to the Gander price and boom, you have a rifle ready sell.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sproul flutes, -87%
View Quote

I'm not even going to try to give you the benefit of the doubt. This is not a simple transposition error. This is not a "one key is right next to the other, and I didn't notice before I hit the submit button" error. Hell, I don't think you could even claim drunk on this one.

Is "sproul" a gun term I've never heard before, that has an actual meaning? If it is, I'll publicly admit I was wrong, and apologize to you.

Were you trying to spell "spiral"?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top